Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
2. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
3. What is Garrigan trying to avoid as he walks around the halls of Amin's house during the looting?
4. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
5. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
Garrigan's documentation of Amin's life seems to be a bad idea from the start.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan decided to document Amin's life for himself?
Part 2: Why is it important that Garrigan document Amin's life?
Part 3: Is there anyone else who might be better suited to documenting Amin's life? Why or why not?
While this story seems to be focused on Amin, it's really a story about Garrigan and his internal struggles when dealing with Amin.
Part 1: Why do you think Garrigan is so fascinated with Amin?
Part 2: Why do you think Amin takes to Garrigan in this story?
Part 3: Does the relationship between Amin and Garrigan seem to be a realistic one? Why or why not?
It's fascinating to see that Garrigan and Merrit still tend to think in terms of their Western medical backgrounds and upbringings rather than considering the context of their new setting.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan and Merrit still think of diseases in terms of their Western training?
Part 2: What was your reaction to the comments of Merrit when talking about his life in Mbarara?
Part 3: Do you think Merrit is actually trying to learn the ways of the Africans or is he trying to push his lifestyle and background on others? Why do you choose the answer you do?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)