Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
2. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
3. What is Garrigan trying to avoid as he walks around the halls of Amin's house during the looting?
4. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
5. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
Women are portrayed as being weaker in this novel - the report, Amin's wives, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think that women are seen as being weaker and harmless in this story?
Part 2: What does the character of Sara tell the reader about women during this time period?
Part 3: Do you think that Garrigan is sexist? Why or why not?
Garrigan treats Amin's children as well, even going so far as to indicate that Amin's daughter is faking an injury to get more attention.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan decides to be honest about the daughter's lack of injury?
Part 2: Do you think you could have been able to treat Amin's children if you were in Garrigan's shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think that Garrigan is willing to help everyone in Amin's family?
The question of who is insane and who is not is a theme which continues through the book. After all, while it seems clear that Amin may be mentally disturbed, can he really be classified as insane?
Part 1: Why do you think many readers believe that Amin is truly insane?
Part 2: What other characters might be considered insane as well? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think that many prophets are considered to be insane as well?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)