|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
2. What room does Garrigan discover has already been sacked when he wanders the halls?
3. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
4. What does Garrigan take in order to get into Kenya and to his freedom?
5. Garrigan tries to imagine that the house is actually in _____________ and that he is Idi Amin.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amin knows just how powerful and how feared he is - and thus, how little he can trust others, aside from Garrigan.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a leader to be able to trust others? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Amin trusts Garrigan more than anyone else?
Part 3: Do you think that Garrigan should trust Amin and anything he says? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The outburst that Amin has eaten human flesh understandably makes the entire dinner room quiet with fear.
Part 1: Why do you think Amin decided to shout out that he had eaten human flesh?
Part 2: Do you believe that Amin has actually eaten human flesh? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might you have responded to someone having said what Amin said? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Within this story is the theme of loss. Garrigan loses much in the first half of the book, which may or may not have led to the rest of his trouble in the second half of the book.
Part 1: How do you think the string of losses for Garrigan will affect him as the book goes on?
Part 2: Do you think losses always have to make a person weaker? Why or why not?
Part 3: Can having many losses in your life make you more vulnerable? Why or why not?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)