|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Garrigan go the next morning after his run in with Amin and the accusations against him?
2. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
3. What does the secret door in Amin's bedroom actually lead to?
4. Where does Garrigan decide to do as though it were just another normal day?
5. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women are portrayed as being weaker in this novel - the report, Amin's wives, etc.
Part 1: Why do you think that women are seen as being weaker and harmless in this story?
Part 2: What does the character of Sara tell the reader about women during this time period?
Part 3: Do you think that Garrigan is sexist? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Garrigan's documentation of Amin's life seems to be a bad idea from the start.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan decided to document Amin's life for himself?
Part 2: Why is it important that Garrigan document Amin's life?
Part 3: Is there anyone else who might be better suited to documenting Amin's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While this story seems to be focused on Amin, it's really a story about Garrigan and his internal struggles when dealing with Amin.
Part 1: Why do you think Garrigan is so fascinated with Amin?
Part 2: Why do you think Amin takes to Garrigan in this story?
Part 3: Does the relationship between Amin and Garrigan seem to be a realistic one? Why or why not?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)