Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
2. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
3. What is Garrigan trying to avoid as he walks around the halls of Amin's house during the looting?
4. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
5. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
Essay Topic 1
Garrigan treats Amin's children as well, even going so far as to indicate that Amin's daughter is faking an injury to get more attention.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan decides to be honest about the daughter's lack of injury?
Part 2: Do you think you could have been able to treat Amin's children if you were in Garrigan's shoes? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think that Garrigan is willing to help everyone in Amin's family?
Essay Topic 2
The tremendous racial disparity in the book causes the reader to feel the discomfort of Garrigan and others who he calls friends.
Part 1: How does the racial disparity affect Garrigan on a daily basis? Or doesn't it?
Part 2: Why do you think that the races harbor such ill will toward each other?
Part 3: Why isn't Garrigan harassed more for being often the only white man around?
Essay Topic 3
Amin knows just how powerful and how feared he is - and thus, how little he can trust others, aside from Garrigan.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a leader to be able to trust others? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Amin trusts Garrigan more than anyone else?
Part 3: Do you think that Garrigan should trust Amin and anything he says? Why or why not?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)