Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
2. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
3. What is Garrigan trying to avoid as he walks around the halls of Amin's house during the looting?
4. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
5. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, people are asking Garrigan to take Amin's life and assassinate him before he causes more harm to the lands and his people.
Part 1: Why is Garrigan the person to ask in terms of getting up close and personal with Amin?
Part 2: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't agree to taking Amin's life?
Part 3: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't say no to taking Amin's life?
Essay Topic 2
As is the case with many books, the narrator may or may not be as reliable as the reader wants them to be.
Part 1: Does Garrigan seem to be a reliable narrator? Why or why not?
Part 2: Who might have been a better narrator for this story? Why?
Part 3: In what ways does the narrator affect the story for a reader? How does their version of events affect a story?
Essay Topic 3
When Garrigan learns of the deaths of both of his parents, he makes the decision not to return to England to see them.
Part 1: Do you think Garrigan made the right decision to not go to see his parents and his family? Why or why not?
Part 2: Garrigan is beginning to believe he is growing callous. Do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might you have reacted to the news of your parents' deaths while you were far away?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)