Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
2. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
3. What is Garrigan trying to avoid as he walks around the halls of Amin's house during the looting?
4. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
5. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, people are asking Garrigan to take Amin's life and assassinate him before he causes more harm to the lands and his people.
Part 1: Why is Garrigan the person to ask in terms of getting up close and personal with Amin?
Part 2: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't agree to taking Amin's life?
Part 3: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't say no to taking Amin's life?
Essay Topic 2
The media begins to call Amin's statements stranger and stranger as they continue to be broadcast on the radio.
Part 1: Why do you think the media is quick to point out the flaws and the 'craziness' in the statements of Amin?
Part 2: Do you think that Amin is truly crazy? Why or why not?
Part 3: In what ways does the media benefit from calling a dictator crazy?
Essay Topic 3
The setting of the story, at least how Garrigan describes it, gives the reader insight into the history of Uganda as well as of the modern times.
Part 1: What is the setting saying about the colonialism in Uganda? What environmental cues are used?
Part 2: Do you think Garrigan is being fair in his descriptions of the setting? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might the descriptions used in a story affect the reader's perception of the story itself?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)