|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city do the Tanzanians reach and then take as a result?
2. Garrigan is done writing, but is haunted by the image of ___________ as it seems to be everywhere.
3. What kind of car do the Israelis use during the hostage crisis, trying to impersonate Amin at the same time?
4. What had Garrigan thought was in the stuffed animal head that he delivered to Swanepoel?
5. When Garrigan walks into the secret prisons, he realizes he is hearing a voice - whose voice is it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Garrigan's documentation of Amin's life seems to be a bad idea from the start.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan decided to document Amin's life for himself?
Part 2: Why is it important that Garrigan document Amin's life?
Part 3: Is there anyone else who might be better suited to documenting Amin's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The question of who is insane and who is not is a theme which continues through the book. After all, while it seems clear that Amin may be mentally disturbed, can he really be classified as insane?
Part 1: Why do you think many readers believe that Amin is truly insane?
Part 2: What other characters might be considered insane as well? Why?
Part 3: Why do you think that many prophets are considered to be insane as well?
Essay Topic 3
Amin knows just how powerful and how feared he is - and thus, how little he can trust others, aside from Garrigan.
Part 1: Do you think it's important for a leader to be able to trust others? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that Amin trusts Garrigan more than anyone else?
Part 3: Do you think that Garrigan should trust Amin and anything he says? Why or why not?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)