|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Idi Amin express affection after his declaration of disbanding a spy ring?
2. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
3. What does Amin tell Garrigan to do after Garrigan asks about the stuffed animal head?
4. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
5. What does the back of the book Garrigan's dad is reading say? "The road ______, the destination obscure."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The quest for power leads people to do desperate things. Whether it's for political power or for societal power, people will go to great lengths to get what they want.
Part 1: How do you think Amin defines power in his life? What does he believe will make him powerful?
Part 2: How do you think Garrigan defines power in his life? What does he believe will make him powerful?
Part 3: Why do you think that people will stop at nothing to be powerful? Would you? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The media begins to call Amin's statements stranger and stranger as they continue to be broadcast on the radio.
Part 1: Why do you think the media is quick to point out the flaws and the 'craziness' in the statements of Amin?
Part 2: Do you think that Amin is truly crazy? Why or why not?
Part 3: In what ways does the media benefit from calling a dictator crazy?
Essay Topic 3
Garrigan ends up giving Swanepoel a box that contains a bomb, causing his plane to crash and for Swanepoel and the pilot to be killed.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't realize he is doing something wrong?
Part 2: Why do you think that Amin asks Garrigan to deliver this dangerous package to the place?
Part 3: Would you have accepted a gift from Amin if you were in Swanepoel's position? Why or why not?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)