|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soldier wearing when he boards the bus, making him stand out in the crowd?
2. Who is Garrigan called upon to brief as they reported on Idi Amin?
3. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
4. What is Amin's daughter supposedly suffering from having within her body?
5. Who summons Garrigan again, and Garrigan knows that he will be training Amin once more?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amin insist that Garrigan publish a report on when Garrigan is still in his services?
2. What is the reason Waziri doesn't think Garrigan should have gone to see Amin Idi speak?
3. What does Idi Amin offer to Garrigan in exchange for his help after the Maserati accident?
4. What do the Tanzanian forces decide to use for their new headquarters as they advance into Kampala?
5. When Garrigan stops to ask some men for directions, what do they tell him about his safety?
6. What does the Tanzanian Colonel have to say about the boy soldiers who are fighting?
7. What are some of the complaints the Merrits share about their servants at the house?
8. What does Amin announce after the rest of the British (except for Garrigan) are expelled?
9. What two things does Garrigan receive during the month of June?
10. What is Amin talking to when Garrigan finds him in the secret rooms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Garrigan's documentation of Amin's life seems to be a bad idea from the start.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan decided to document Amin's life for himself?
Part 2: Why is it important that Garrigan document Amin's life?
Part 3: Is there anyone else who might be better suited to documenting Amin's life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Garrigan ends up giving Swanepoel a box that contains a bomb, causing his plane to crash and for Swanepoel and the pilot to be killed.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't realize he is doing something wrong?
Part 2: Why do you think that Amin asks Garrigan to deliver this dangerous package to the place?
Part 3: Would you have accepted a gift from Amin if you were in Swanepoel's position? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The outburst that Amin has eaten human flesh understandably makes the entire dinner room quiet with fear.
Part 1: Why do you think Amin decided to shout out that he had eaten human flesh?
Part 2: Do you believe that Amin has actually eaten human flesh? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might you have responded to someone having said what Amin said? Why?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)