|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the ailments that Garrigan treats at the hospital involve some sort of _____________.
2. What do Stone and Perkins want Garrigan to do to Amin in order to make him more manageable?
3. Who is present in the room with Garrigan when he arrives in Stone's office?
4. Who sends Garrigan a note, inviting him to come visit him at his home?
5. What does Idi Amin sprain when he is thrown from his car while driving too fast on the roads?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malachi tell Garrigan the Clavie is, surprised that Garrigan doesn't already know?
2. Who does Garrigan call in order to explain to them the headlines that are being posted about him and his interview?
3. When Garrigan stops to ask some men for directions, what do they tell him about his safety?
4. Why does Garrigan need to test his own specimens at his clinic where he works?
5. What do Stone and Perkins want Garrigan to do in order to control Amin Idi more?
6. What does Garrigan realize about the scene he witnesses in the center of the town?
7. Why are Gugu's relatives angry with Garrigan and Sara for letting him stay with them for a month?
8. While Garrigan is not able to gain access to the hostages at the airport situation, what is he able to do to help?
9. What does Amin share with Garrigan about the identity and the activities of Swanepoel?
10. What happens when Garrigan is told to come with the soldier and get off the bus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Garrigan ends up giving Swanepoel a box that contains a bomb, causing his plane to crash and for Swanepoel and the pilot to be killed.
Part 1: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't realize he is doing something wrong?
Part 2: Why do you think that Amin asks Garrigan to deliver this dangerous package to the place?
Part 3: Would you have accepted a gift from Amin if you were in Swanepoel's position? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The quest for power leads people to do desperate things. Whether it's for political power or for societal power, people will go to great lengths to get what they want.
Part 1: How do you think Amin defines power in his life? What does he believe will make him powerful?
Part 2: How do you think Garrigan defines power in his life? What does he believe will make him powerful?
Part 3: Why do you think that people will stop at nothing to be powerful? Would you? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
While this story seems to be focused on Amin, it's really a story about Garrigan and his internal struggles when dealing with Amin.
Part 1: Why do you think Garrigan is so fascinated with Amin?
Part 2: Why do you think Amin takes to Garrigan in this story?
Part 3: Does the relationship between Amin and Garrigan seem to be a realistic one? Why or why not?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)