|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal does Garrigan share with his hospitable note writer from the bus trip into town?
2. Marina Perkins tells Garrigan that _________ has been retired and has been sent home to Scotland.
3. When Garrigan hears what Amin knows, Amin states that is he is pleased to find his _________ has been accurate.
4. Garrigan seems to think that Idi Amin's mother's name may have been ____________, though he is told otherwise later.
5. Who is NOT a part of the dinner at the Merrits' at the start of Chapter 11 in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the bothy that is waiting for Garrigan when he finally arrives on the island.
2. What does Idi Amin offer to Garrigan in exchange for his help after the Maserati accident?
3. What do Stone and Perkins want Garrigan to do in order to control Amin Idi more?
4. What does the Tanzanian Colonel have to say about the boy soldiers who are fighting?
5. What has happened to the water situation in Kampala and to the hospital in particular?
6. What is the disheartening sight Garrigan can see from the window of his new office in Kampala?
7. Why does Garrigan need to test his own specimens at his clinic where he works?
8. What does Amin insist that Garrigan publish a report on when Garrigan is still in his services?
9. What is causing the stomach pain that Amin has when he is at the hospital?
10. What does Idi Amin say to the Queen when she asks him why he came to visit the country?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Garrigan learns of the deaths of both of his parents, he makes the decision not to return to England to see them.
Part 1: Do you think Garrigan made the right decision to not go to see his parents and his family? Why or why not?
Part 2: Garrigan is beginning to believe he is growing callous. Do you agree with his assessment? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might you have reacted to the news of your parents' deaths while you were far away?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, people are asking Garrigan to take Amin's life and assassinate him before he causes more harm to the lands and his people.
Part 1: Why is Garrigan the person to ask in terms of getting up close and personal with Amin?
Part 2: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't agree to taking Amin's life?
Part 3: Why do you think that Garrigan doesn't say no to taking Amin's life?
Essay Topic 3
The outburst that Amin has eaten human flesh understandably makes the entire dinner room quiet with fear.
Part 1: Why do you think Amin decided to shout out that he had eaten human flesh?
Part 2: Do you believe that Amin has actually eaten human flesh? Why or why not?
Part 3: How might you have responded to someone having said what Amin said? Why?
This section contains 2,089 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)