|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
(a) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) His brother
2. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) Boys with machine guns on women
(b) A feast
(c) Soldiers beating boys
(d) A wedding celebration
3. What doesn't Garrigan know when the publicist asks him the question?
(a) His plans
(b) His address
(c) His bank account number
(d) His name
4. What does Amin accuse Garrigan of the following night after Garrigan's possession has been stolen?
(a) Trying to kill him
(d) Bad writing
5. Garrigan is tempted to run away rather than go through the ____________.
(b) Court process
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
2. What does Garrigan take in order to get into Kenya and to his freedom?
3. The bothy is supposed to be a ______________ hut, but it has been expanded.
4. Garrigan is done writing, but is haunted by the image of ___________ as it seems to be everywhere.
5. What happens when Gugu begins to beat Garrigan in the center of the town?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)