|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of infestations does the Dr. Ivor Seabrook from England specialize in?
(a) Killer bee
(d) Tsetse fly
2. Stone says that he has orders to tell Garrigan to ____________, not just incapacitate him.
(a) Persuade Amin
(b) Leave Amin's compound
(c) Kill Amin
(d) Spy on Amin
3. Who summons Garrigan again, and Garrigan knows that he will be training Amin once more?
(a) Dr. Merrit
(b) Marina Perkins
(c) Nigel Stone
4. How many years does Garrigan spend as Amin's personal doctor?
5. What kind of wine is being made at the wine factory Garrigan and Waziri visit during a trip together?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things that Waziri teaches to the people when he travels around the area?
2. Where does Amin in the picture put his hand on the person that he is about to kill?
3. What do Garrigan and the other workers have to examine on their own after a day at the clinic?
4. ___________ blames Garrigan for the collapse of the clinic before he leaves the country.
5. Barclay tells Garrigan that there is a place nearby where they can buy food, but the owner is ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. While Garrigan is not able to gain access to the hostages at the airport situation, what is he able to do to help?
2. What has happened to Amin's bed when Garrigan enters Amin's bedroom during the looting?
3. What does the Tanzanian Colonel have to say about the boy soldiers who are fighting?
4. What is the supposed ailment of Amin's daughter who attends a boarding school?
5. What does Amin announce after the rest of the British (except for Garrigan) are expelled?
6. What does Garrigan claim he will not do as he tries to tell the story of Amin in this novel?
7. What is Garrigan tempted to do instead of going through with the interview?
8. What does Amin want Garrigan to do as a demonstration of his loyalty to Amin?
9. What is one of the duties that Garrigan is asked to do, outside of his hospital and medical duties?
10. What does Garrigan learn about the plans for Amin now?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)