|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have killed Idi Amin during his assassination attempt had he not moved to another seat?
2. Who does Nigel Stone say is a ceremonial official and not Stone's boss?
(b) Idi Amin
(c) Colonel Mugabe
(d) Peter Weir
3. Who are the soldiers beating up now, according to Swanepoel's observations?
(a) White doctors
(b) Young children
(c) University students
4. What kind of infestations does the Dr. Ivor Seabrook from England specialize in?
(b) Killer bee
(d) Tsetse fly
5. Idi Amin actually became the ____________ champion of Uganda, challenging Muhammad Ali to a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the president that is being overthrown by Major General Idi Amin Dada?
2. What kind of pills are given to Garrigan when he sits down for breakfast the next day?
3. What does Idi Amin hit when he is driving his car far too quickly on the roads?
4. Amin writes to the Secretary General of the UM, telling him that __________ was right in massacring the Israelis.
5. In June, two ______________ disappear after asking questions about the soldiers and the killings.
Short Essay Questions
1. Which couple does Garrigan observe in the bar when he is walking through Kampala?
2. What does Garrigan claim he will not do as he tries to tell the story of Amin in this novel?
3. What does Amin share with Garrigan about the identity and the activities of Swanepoel?
4. Why is Garrigan wearing a pair of clean scrubs as he goes down into the city later in the day?
5. What is surprising to Marina about the boat trip that she and Garrigan take?
6. Why does Garrigan need to test his own specimens at his clinic where he works?
7. What does Garrigan imagine as he wanders in the halls of Amin's house as it is looted?
8. What is odd about the fact that Garrigan is doing surgery at the hospital in Kampala?
9. What is the disheartening sight Garrigan can see from the window of his new office in Kampala?
10. Why are Gugu's relatives angry with Garrigan and Sara for letting him stay with them for a month?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)