|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years does Garrigan spend as Amin's personal doctor?
2. What is NOT one of the things that Amin uses to fund the network he builds in order to stage a coup?
3. Who is present in the room with Garrigan when he arrives in Stone's office?
(a) Only Stone
(b) Only Marina
(c) Only Amin and Garrigan
(d) Only Garrigan
4. What kind of pills are given to Garrigan when he sits down for breakfast the next day?
(d) Flu medication
5. Garrigan is invited to attend the ___________ service in celebration of Amin's marriage to his fourth wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death is considered to be the most traumatic thing to have happened to Garrigan?
2. Who are the soldiers beating up now, according to Swanepoel's observations?
3. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
4. Garrigan observes that the __________ helped him get through some bad times with Idi Amin in the future.
5. What are all of the waiters crowding around when Garrigan is up having breakfast the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Garrigan is told to come with the soldier and get off the bus?
2. What does Garrigan imagine as he wanders in the halls of Amin's house as it is looted?
3. What has happened to the water situation in Kampala and to the hospital in particular?
4. When Amin Idi gets married, which ceremony is Garrigan invited to attend?
5. What do the people in the city begin to do once they realize that the soldiers are not going to stop them?
6. What is surprising to Marina about the boat trip that she and Garrigan take?
7. What does the Tanzanian Colonel have to say about the boy soldiers who are fighting?
8. What is the reason Waziri doesn't think Garrigan should have gone to see Amin Idi speak?
9. What are some of the images that Garrigan sees in his recurring dream about Amin?
10. What does Garrigan do in order to aid the escape of Amin during the looting?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)