|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrigan takes a long lunch in order to see the ____________ of the Baganda kings.
2. Amin claims to be the rightful king of _________ when Garrigan hears him on the radio one night.
(a) South Africa
3. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
(a) Stories from fellow passengers
(b) A map
(c) An audio tape
(d) A book
4. Garrigan believes that Amin's delusions of grandeur may be common to all __________.
5. Idi Amin makes a speech in which he states that all _____________ should go back to their home country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrigan wants to provide an ____________ account of the actions and decisions of Idi Amin.
2. What does Garrigan do at the main hospital at Kampala, even though he is not trained to do so?
3. Barclay is the _____________ who takes Garrigan to the Ministry of Health for his new position.
4. What does Idi Amin sprain when he is thrown from his car while driving too fast on the roads?
5. Stone says that he has orders to tell Garrigan to ____________, not just incapacitate him.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Gugu's relatives angry with Garrigan and Sara for letting him stay with them for a month?
2. What is the disheartening sight Garrigan can see from the window of his new office in Kampala?
3. What does Amin want Garrigan to do as a demonstration of his loyalty to Amin?
4. Describe the bothy that is waiting for Garrigan when he finally arrives on the island.
5. What does Garrigan do in order to aid the escape of Amin during the looting?
6. What does Idi Amin say to the Queen when she asks him why he came to visit the country?
7. What does Idi Amin offer to Garrigan in exchange for his help after the Maserati accident?
8. Where is Amin, according to news reports that Garrigan hears from his new home?
9. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of town?
10. What is Garrigan given at the breakfast he shares with the Merrits?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)