|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car is Major Mabuse driving the day after the two foreigners are killed mysteriously?
(a) Blue Volkswagen
(b) Green Porsche
(c) Red Maserati
(d) Black BMW
2. Garrigan's ____________ asked him how he could become so close to a man like Amin.
3. What does Peter request from Garrigan in order to cover up an affair Peter had with one of Amin's wives?
(a) A lethal injection
(b) Safe passage out of the country
(c) An abortion
(d) To talk to Amin in private
4. What is another name for the minibus that Garrigan takes the next day to get to Mbarara?
5. How many years does Garrigan spend as Amin's personal doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are all of the bodies Waziri has seen being dumped after they have been killed by soldiers?
2. Idi Amin actually became the ____________ champion of Uganda, challenging Muhammad Ali to a fight.
3. Barclay tells Garrigan that there is a place nearby where they can buy food, but the owner is ______________.
4. Who is NOT a part of the dinner at the Merrits' at the start of Chapter 11 in the book?
5. What kind of pills are given to Garrigan when he sits down for breakfast the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the complaints the Merrits share about their servants at the house?
2. What does Garrigan find himself charged with once he arrives on the shores of Kenya?
3. What does Stone say about the position of power that Perkins holds over Garrigan?
4. What does Garrigan answer during an interview when he is asked what his address is?
5. What is the disheartening sight Garrigan can see from the window of his new office in Kampala?
6. Why does Garrigan need to test his own specimens at his clinic where he works?
7. Why are Gugu's relatives angry with Garrigan and Sara for letting him stay with them for a month?
8. How do the Israelis take the guards by surprise in their attempts to free the hostages and kill the terrorists?
9. What does Garrigan claim he will not do as he tries to tell the story of Amin in this novel?
10. What does Garrigan do in order to aid the escape of Amin during the looting?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)