|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not working, hindering Garrigan's ability to find Dr. Merrit once he arrives in town?
(a) His audio recorder with the directions on it
(b) Phone lines
(c) His car
2. Garrigan takes a long lunch in order to see the ____________ of the Baganda kings.
3. Idi Amin actually became the ____________ champion of Uganda, challenging Muhammad Ali to a fight.
4. Amin also says that Swanepoel is a spy for a ______________ aviation company.
5. Who are the soldiers beating up now, according to Swanepoel's observations?
(a) Young children
(c) University students
(d) White doctors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
2. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
3. Garrigan seems to think that Idi Amin's mother's name may have been ____________, though he is told otherwise later.
4. Garrigan is NOT invited to the ______________ service in celebration of his fourth marriage.
5. What does Stone show Garrigan in order to encourage him to try to kill Amin before he gets out of control?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will Amin know that the baby that his second wife is carrying is not his, according to her lover?
2. Describe the bothy that is waiting for Garrigan when he finally arrives on the island.
3. Why does Garrigan need to test his own specimens at his clinic where he works?
4. What does Amin want Garrigan to do as a demonstration of his loyalty to Amin?
5. What does Idi Amin offer to Garrigan in exchange for his help after the Maserati accident?
6. What does Amin blame for his cannibalistic tendencies as he talks to Garrigan?
7. When Garrigan meets Swanepoel and hears about the coup, why is Garrigan told not to worry about it?
8. What does Amin announce after the rest of the British (except for Garrigan) are expelled?
9. What do Stone and Perkins want Garrigan to do in order to control Amin Idi more?
10. What does Garrigan imagine as he wanders in the halls of Amin's house as it is looted?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)