|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is NOT a part of the dinner at the Merrits' at the start of Chapter 11 in the book?
(c) Dr. Dawson
2. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
(a) State of dictatorship
(b) State of poverty
(c) State of emergency
(d) State of peace
3. What does Amin think is wrong with Garrigan when he returns in a daze?
(a) He is ill
(b) He is a spy
(c) He is in love
(d) He is a traitor
4. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
(a) A book
(b) An audio tape
(c) Stories from fellow passengers
(d) A map
5. Amin writes to the Secretary General of the UM, telling him that __________ was right in massacring the Israelis.
(d) The Ayatollah
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
2. What does Idi Amin sprain when he is thrown from his car while driving too fast on the roads?
3. Who is Garrigan called upon to brief as they reported on Idi Amin?
4. While there is talk of a coup, Garrigan is told not to worry as they generally leave ____________ alone.
5. Garrigan seems to think that Idi Amin's mother's name may have been ____________, though he is told otherwise later.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the people in the city begin to do once they realize that the soldiers are not going to stop them?
2. What does Garrigan imagine as he wanders in the halls of Amin's house as it is looted?
3. When Amin Idi gets married, which ceremony is Garrigan invited to attend?
4. What does Amin want Garrigan to do as a demonstration of his loyalty to Amin?
5. How does Garrigan help Amin plan for the invasion of Tansania during his time with the dictator?
6. What was the work of Mr. Malumba, as Garrigan learns when visiting the family?
7. What does Garrigan realize about the scene he witnesses in the center of the town?
8. Who does Garrigan call in order to explain to them the headlines that are being posted about him and his interview?
9. What does Garrigan tell Sara about the handling of predators after he stares down a leopard?
10. What does Garrigan learn about the plans for Amin now?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)