|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death is considered to be the most traumatic thing to have happened to Garrigan?
(a) His dad
(b) His sister
(c) His donkey
(d) His mom
2. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
(b) Bad relationship with son
(c) No pension
(d) No family
3. Who tells Garrigan that he/she is restricted by the position of his/her spouse and are bored as a result?
(b) Sasha Amin
(c) Idi Amin
(d) Marina Perkins
4. What do Stone and Perkins want Garrigan to do to Amin in order to make him more manageable?
(a) Dose him
(b) Argue with him
(c) Kill him
(d) Distract him
5. What is the name of the hotel that the taxi driver recommends to Garrigan when he arrives?
(a) Swanpole Hotel
(b) Idi Hotel
(c) Fine Hotel
(d) Speke Hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the soldiers beating up now, according to Swanepoel's observations?
2. What is the nickname of the student Garrigan meets while riding on the bus to Mbarara?
3. Garrigan wants to provide an ____________ account of the actions and decisions of Idi Amin.
4. Garrigan seems to think that Idi Amin's mother's name may have been ____________, though he is told otherwise later.
5. What does Amin think is wrong with Garrigan when he returns in a daze?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Garrigan is not able to gain access to the hostages at the airport situation, what is he able to do to help?
2. What does Garrigan imagine as he wanders in the halls of Amin's house as it is looted?
3. What does Garrigan find himself charged with once he arrives on the shores of Kenya?
4. When Garrigan meets Swanepoel and hears about the coup, why is Garrigan told not to worry about it?
5. What is Merrit's reaction to the decision of Garrigan to leave the clinic to work with Amin?
6. What is surprising to Marina about the boat trip that she and Garrigan take?
7. What is Garrigan given at the breakfast he shares with the Merrits?
8. What does Garrigan hear happened to the plane that Swanepoel was in?
9. What is causing the stomach pain that Amin has when he is at the hospital?
10. What is the supposed ailment of Amin's daughter who attends a boarding school?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)