|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bothy is supposed to be a ______________ hut, but it has been expanded.
(a) Two room
(b) One room
(c) Half a room
(d) Three room
2. What is the name given to the kid soldiers who are not in Mbarara and fighting with others in town?
3. What has the hospital run out of at Kampala, making it difficult to sterilize anything?
4. The ____________ tells Garrigan that it will not be as bad as he thinks it will be.
5. Amin says that the ___________ has been destroyed, but this is not the case and it amuses the staff at this place.
(d) Water treatment center
6. What is supposedly being sent to Libya in order to secure arms in the exchange?
7. What city do the Tanzanians reach and then take as a result?
8. What does the secret door in Amin's bedroom actually lead to?
(a) Secret prison cells
(b) The garage
(c) The heliopad
(d) The water
9. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) A feast
(b) Soldiers beating boys
(c) A wedding celebration
(d) Boys with machine guns on women
10. What does Garrigan's sister send ahead so that it is at the new house when he arrives?
(a) A phone
(b) His bank account number
(c) A photo album
(d) His journal
11. What had Garrigan thought was in the stuffed animal head that he delivered to Swanepoel?
(c) A bomb
12. When Garrigan walks into the secret prisons, he realizes he is hearing a voice - whose voice is it?
(b) No one's
(d) His own
13. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
(b) Nigel Stone
(d) Peter Weir
14. If Amin had not been fighting the ____________ free fighters in Kenya, Amin says he would not have practiced cannibalism.
15. What does Garrigan decide to wear since his clothes are too ragged and filthy to wear?
(a) Amin's old clothing
(b) A pair of overalls
(c) A towel
(d) Clean scrubs
Short Answer Questions
1. Amin insists that Garrigan ____________ him, and then keep tapes of these sessions.
2. Who is the crazy man that Garrigan sees hanging from the tree when he reaches the equator?
3. Where does Garrigan decide to do as though it were just another normal day?
4. What kind of car do the Israelis use during the hostage crisis, trying to impersonate Amin at the same time?
5. Who does Garrigan have to reassure after they have seen the headlines about his involvement with Amin?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)