|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
(a) Burning things
2. For whom does Idi Amin express affection after his declaration of disbanding a spy ring?
(a) Queen of England
(b) The President of the United States
(c) President of Scotland
(d) Prime Minister of England
3. What is stolen from Garrigan's bungalow after the rest of the British are expelled?
(a) His journal
(b) His passport
(c) His pillow
(d) His money
4. Who takes Garrigan into custody when he arrives on the dock of the new country?
(a) A gang of freedom fighters
(c) Amin's army
(d) Nairobi police
5. Amin says that Garrigan has returned because he _____________ Idi.
6. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(c) Heavy lock
7. What room does Garrigan discover has already been sacked when he wanders the halls?
(a) The living room
(b) The bedroom
(c) The treasure room
(d) The office
8. Garrigan tries to imagine that the house is actually in _____________ and that he is Idi Amin.
9. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
10. What kind of spy ring does Amin say that he has broken up after the rest of the British are expelled?
11. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) A feast
(b) Soldiers beating boys
(c) A wedding celebration
(d) Boys with machine guns on women
12. Amin admits on a broadcast that Tanzanians and its friends - all _____________ - have attacked the country, killing many civilians.
13. The chapter opens with a _______________ where everything becomes Amin.
(b) Struggle in the bedroom
(d) Recurring dream
14. Garrigan is done writing, but is haunted by the image of ___________ as it seems to be everywhere.
(a) The stuffed animal
(d) The severed head
15. Who does Garrigan finally feel strong enough to help when he gets up in the morning?
(c) Amin and his army
(d) The women in the camp
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrigan realizes he has been rescued by a band of _____________ soldiers after the battle in town.
2. What does Amin accuse Garrigan of the following night after Garrigan's possession has been stolen?
3. The headlines from Garrigan's interview imply that he has ___________ on his hands too.
4. When Garrigan walks into the secret prisons, he realizes he is hearing a voice - whose voice is it?
5. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)