|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is supposedly being sent to Libya in order to secure arms in the exchange?
2. When Garrigan asks Amin about the stuffed animal head, Amin replies that _________ are exploding all the time these days and no one knows why.
3. What doesn't Garrigan know when the publicist asks him the question?
(a) His bank account number
(b) His plans
(c) His name
(d) His address
4. What is stolen from Garrigan's bungalow after the rest of the British are expelled?
(a) His money
(b) His pillow
(c) His journal
(d) His passport
5. What kind of spy ring does Amin say that he has broken up after the rest of the British are expelled?
6. What does Garrigan take in order to get into Kenya and to his freedom?
(a) Land Rover
(b) A boat
(d) The white truck
7. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
(c) Burning things
8. For good measure, the Israelis blow up a fleet of __________ that Amin keeps at the airport.
(c) MIG jets
(d) Unmarked cars
9. Amin tells the passengers not to try to escape as the terrorists have wired the room with ________________.
(b) Secrity cameras
(c) Booby traps
10. What had Garrigan thought was in the stuffed animal head that he delivered to Swanepoel?
(d) A bomb
11. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
(a) His brother
(b) His mother
(c) His sister
12. For whom does Idi Amin express affection after his declaration of disbanding a spy ring?
(a) Queen of England
(b) President of Scotland
(c) Prime Minister of England
(d) The President of the United States
13. What whistles by Garrigan as he tries to get to the APC after a gunfight breaks out during his trip?
(a) A tank
14. How many journalists show up to question Garrigan after his adventures with Amin?
(a) One hundred
15. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
(a) Secret code
(b) Red cross
(d) Painting of Amin
Short Answer Questions
1. Amin insists that Garrigan ____________ him, and then keep tapes of these sessions.
2. What is Amin talking to when Garrigan approaches him in the prison cells?
3. Where does Garrigan decide he wants to go since he is already feeling stronger?
4. What has the hospital run out of at Kampala, making it difficult to sterilize anything?
5. Garrigan realizes he has emerged from the forest close to __________.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)