|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garrigan want to take in order to go north away from where he has been?
(b) Sleeper car
2. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
(b) Nigel Stone
(c) Peter Weir
3. The ___________ the group captures sometimes don't even know what country they are fighting in.
4. What does the secret door in Amin's bedroom actually lead to?
(a) Secret prison cells
(b) The garage
(c) The water
(d) The heliopad
5. Who offers Garrigan a room, though Garrigan can tell this is not a very energetic offer?
6. The ____________ have given Israel and the rest of the world a two-day deadline to release a list of prisoners or the hostages will be blown up.
7. Who does Garrigan see die during the incident in the middle of the town?
8. What does Garrigan borrow in order to help Amin escape from the secret prisons?
(a) Land Rover
9. Where does Garrigan go the next morning after his run in with Amin and the accusations against him?
(a) Train station
(d) The secret prison
10. What does Garrigan take in order to get into Kenya and to his freedom?
(a) A boat
(b) The white truck
(d) Land Rover
11. What happens when Gugu begins to beat Garrigan in the center of the town?
(a) Garrigan runs away
(b) Others pull them apart
(c) A blast erupts
(d) Gugu falls over
12. What does Garrigan see his father reading during the beginning of the chapter?
(c) Amin's Killing Logs
(d) Grey's Anatomy
13. For good measure, the Israelis blow up a fleet of __________ that Amin keeps at the airport.
(a) MIG jets
(d) Unmarked cars
14. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
(a) Nigel Stone
15. What is Garrigan trying to avoid as he walks around the halls of Amin's house during the looting?
(a) His memories
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
2. Garrigan is tempted to run away rather than go through the ____________.
3. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
4. Amin admits on a broadcast that Tanzanians and its friends - all _____________ - have attacked the country, killing many civilians.
5. Amin notes that he regrets the death of the ______________ and that his followers did it without his knowledge.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)