|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(b) Heavy lock
2. Garrigan is surprised to discover a small ________ on the island where he could have bought supplies.
(a) Trading post
(d) Family market
3. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
4. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
5. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
(b) Secret code
(c) Painting of Amin
(d) Red cross
6. Amin says that the ___________ has been destroyed, but this is not the case and it amuses the staff at this place.
(d) Water treatment center
7. Garrigan can see the burned spot above his bothy where the Burning of the _________ takes place.
8. For whom does Idi Amin express affection after his declaration of disbanding a spy ring?
(a) Prime Minister of England
(b) Queen of England
(c) President of Scotland
(d) The President of the United States
9. What does Amin accuse Garrigan of the following night after Garrigan's possession has been stolen?
(b) Trying to kill him
(c) Bad writing
10. What kind of car do the Israelis use during the hostage crisis, trying to impersonate Amin at the same time?
(a) Black BMW
(b) Blue Volkswagen
(c) Red Maserati
(d) Green Porsche
11. Who is the crazy man that Garrigan sees hanging from the tree when he reaches the equator?
12. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
13. It seems that Amin has taken refuge in _________ though others in Uganda want him to be taken back and put on trial.
(b) Saudi Arabia
14. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) A wedding celebration
(b) Boys with machine guns on women
(c) Soldiers beating boys
(d) A feast
15. Garrigan begins to wonder if he was just a ______________ for Sara when she was at the clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Garrigan thought was in the stuffed animal head that he delivered to Swanepoel?
2. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
3. What does the secret door in Amin's bedroom actually lead to?
4. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
5. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)