|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amin tells the passengers not to try to escape as the terrorists have wired the room with ________________.
(a) Secrity cameras
(b) Booby traps
2. The headlines from Garrigan's interview imply that he has ___________ on his hands too.
3. Amin admits on a broadcast that Tanzanians and its friends - all _____________ - have attacked the country, killing many civilians.
4. Garrigan is tempted to run away rather than go through the ____________.
(b) Court process
5. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(c) Heavy lock
6. What room does Garrigan discover has already been sacked when he wanders the halls?
(a) The office
(b) The treasure room
(c) The living room
(d) The bedroom
7. Amin notes that he regrets the death of the ______________ and that his followers did it without his knowledge.
(c) His father
(d) His son
8. For good measure, the Israelis blow up a fleet of __________ that Amin keeps at the airport.
(a) MIG jets
(d) Unmarked cars
9. Garrigan goes out in Malachi's _________ along the bay once again at the start of the chapter.
10. Garrigan begins to wonder if he was just a ______________ for Sara when she was at the clinic.
11. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
12. Who is the crazy man that Garrigan sees hanging from the tree when he reaches the equator?
13. Amin laughs when Garrigan pleads for his life, saying that he will not kill someone like ____________.
(b) A boy
(c) A doctor
14. Who does Garrigan have to reassure after they have seen the headlines about his involvement with Amin?
(a) His brother
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
15. With the ___________ coming up, there are many images of Margaret Thatcher on TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Garrigan learn is behind the series of bombs attributed to the Army of the Provisional Government?
2. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
3. What does Garrigan want to take in order to go north away from where he has been?
4. Garrigan can see the burned spot above his bothy where the Burning of the _________ takes place.
5. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)