|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amin says that Garrigan has returned because he _____________ Idi.
2. The chapter opens with a _______________ where everything becomes Amin.
(c) Recurring dream
(d) Struggle in the bedroom
3. It seems that Amin has taken refuge in _________ though others in Uganda want him to be taken back and put on trial.
(c) Saudi Arabia
4. The ____________ have given Israel and the rest of the world a two-day deadline to release a list of prisoners or the hostages will be blown up.
5. What does Amin tell Garrigan to do after Garrigan asks about the stuffed animal head?
(a) Be more careful
(b) Leave the country
(c) Hide during the daytime
(d) Be honest with him
6. Garrigan is surprised to discover a small ________ on the island where he could have bought supplies.
(b) Trading post
(d) Family market
7. Where does Garrigan decide to do as though it were just another normal day?
(a) The clinic
(b) Amin's office
(c) The hospital
(d) His bungalow
8. Who does Garrigan finally feel strong enough to help when he gets up in the morning?
(c) The women in the camp
(d) Amin and his army
9. Who does Garrigan learn is behind the series of bombs attributed to the Army of the Provisional Government?
(c) Nigel Stone
(d) Idi Amir
10. The bothy is supposed to be a ______________ hut, but it has been expanded.
(a) Three room
(b) Two room
(c) One room
(d) Half a room
11. Garrigan can see the burned spot above his bothy where the Burning of the _________ takes place.
12. Amin says that the ___________ has been destroyed, but this is not the case and it amuses the staff at this place.
(b) Water treatment center
13. What does the secret door in Amin's bedroom actually lead to?
(a) The garage
(b) The water
(c) Secret prison cells
(d) The heliopad
14. What is the item that Amin is talking to covered with when Garrigan approaches Amin?
15. What does Garrigan want to take in order to go north away from where he has been?
(b) Sleeper car
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrigan goes out in Malachi's _________ along the bay once again at the start of the chapter.
2. What country does Garrigan help Amin plan to invade during his reign?
3. Who offers Garrigan a room, though Garrigan can tell this is not a very energetic offer?
4. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
5. Garrigan notices that the ___________ in front of the secret door have not been touched at all.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)