|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
2. The ____________ tells Garrigan that it will not be as bad as he thinks it will be.
3. The soldiers were distressed to find out they might have killed a __________ as this would make their leader unhappy.
(a) Black man
(c) White man
4. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
(a) His wallet
(b) His passport
(c) The van
(d) His cargo
5. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
(c) Burning things
6. The ____________ have given Israel and the rest of the world a two-day deadline to release a list of prisoners or the hostages will be blown up.
7. What does Garrigan want to take in order to go north away from where he has been?
(d) Sleeper car
8. What country does Garrigan help Amin plan to invade during his reign?
9. What has the hospital run out of at Kampala, making it difficult to sterilize anything?
10. Amin admits on a broadcast that Tanzanians and its friends - all _____________ - have attacked the country, killing many civilians.
11. What is the name given to the kid soldiers who are not in Mbarara and fighting with others in town?
12. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
13. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
14. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
(a) His mother
(c) His brother
(d) His sister
15. Garrigan tries to imagine that the house is actually in _____________ and that he is Idi Amin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person who is torn limb from limb, literally, was a supporter of which group?
2. What had Garrigan thought was in the stuffed animal head that he delivered to Swanepoel?
3. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
4. The ___________ the group captures sometimes don't even know what country they are fighting in.
5. When Garrigan asks Amin about the stuffed animal head, Amin replies that _________ are exploding all the time these days and no one knows why.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)