|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrigan can see the burned spot above his bothy where the Burning of the _________ takes place.
2. Amin notes that he regrets the death of the ______________ and that his followers did it without his knowledge.
(a) His son
(c) His father
3. What kind of stuffed animal head did Garrigan deliver to Swanepoel, as instructed by Amin?
4. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
5. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
(a) His mother
(b) His sister
(c) His brother
6. The chapter opens with a _______________ where everything becomes Amin.
(c) Recurring dream
(d) Struggle in the bedroom
7. Amin laughs when Garrigan pleads for his life, saying that he will not kill someone like ____________.
(b) A doctor
(d) A boy
8. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
9. Amin says that the ___________ has been destroyed, but this is not the case and it amuses the staff at this place.
(d) Water treatment center
10. When Amin does not arrive, Garrigan realizes he cannot stay at the ___________, but he doesn't know where else to go.
(b) State House
11. What does Garrigan's sister send ahead so that it is at the new house when he arrives?
(a) A photo album
(b) A phone
(c) His journal
(d) His bank account number
12. Who is the crazy man that Garrigan sees hanging from the tree when he reaches the equator?
13. Nestor also sends Garrigan a letter, telling him that ___________ is in trouble and that Garrigan has to help.
14. What does the back of the book Garrigan's dad is reading say? "The road ______, the destination obscure."
15. What whistles by Garrigan as he tries to get to the APC after a gunfight breaks out during his trip?
(b) A tank
Short Answer Questions
1. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
2. The person who is torn limb from limb, literally, was a supporter of which group?
3. The soldiers were distressed to find out they might have killed a __________ as this would make their leader unhappy.
4. What does Garrigan take in order to get into Kenya and to his freedom?
5. What is stolen from Garrigan's bungalow after the rest of the British are expelled?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)