|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Garrigan decide to do as though it were just another normal day?
(a) His bungalow
(b) The clinic
(c) The hospital
(d) Amin's office
2. Who does Garrigan finally feel strong enough to help when he gets up in the morning?
(c) Amin and his army
(d) The women in the camp
3. Who does Garrigan learn is behind the series of bombs attributed to the Army of the Provisional Government?
(c) Idi Amir
(d) Nigel Stone
4. The ____________ have given Israel and the rest of the world a two-day deadline to release a list of prisoners or the hostages will be blown up.
5. What happens when Gugu begins to beat Garrigan in the center of the town?
(a) Others pull them apart
(b) A blast erupts
(c) Gugu falls over
(d) Garrigan runs away
6. When Amin does not arrive, Garrigan realizes he cannot stay at the ___________, but he doesn't know where else to go.
(d) State House
7. What kind of hostages are being held in the hijacked airplane at the airport?
8. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) Boys with machine guns on women
(b) A wedding celebration
(c) Soldiers beating boys
(d) A feast
9. What kind of spy ring does Amin say that he has broken up after the rest of the British are expelled?
10. What does Garrigan see in the room with him and Amin one night, and then contemplates killing Amin?
(a) A bottle of poison
(b) A broken bottle
(c) A baseball bat
11. Nestor also sends Garrigan a letter, telling him that ___________ is in trouble and that Garrigan has to help.
12. Who does Garrigan have to reassure after they have seen the headlines about his involvement with Amin?
(a) His sister
(b) His mother
(c) His brother
13. The chapter opens with a _______________ where everything becomes Amin.
(a) Recurring dream
(b) Struggle in the bedroom
14. What does Garrigan realize about Gugu when he finds him in the center of town?
(a) He is crying
(b) He is dead
(c) He is being beaten
(d) He is beating others
15. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
(d) Burning things
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ the group captures sometimes don't even know what country they are fighting in.
2. Who is the crazy man that Garrigan sees hanging from the tree when he reaches the equator?
3. Garrigan realizes he has emerged from the forest close to __________.
4. The soldiers were distressed to find out they might have killed a __________ as this would make their leader unhappy.
5. Who does Garrigan see die during the incident in the middle of the town?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)