|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Garrigan once he emerges from his hiding place after the van incident?
(a) A snake bites him
(b) He falls into the river
(c) He passes out from exhaustion
(d) He sees Sara
2. Garrigan realizes he has emerged from the forest close to __________.
3. Who does Garrigan learn is behind the series of bombs attributed to the Army of the Provisional Government?
(c) Idi Amir
(d) Nigel Stone
4. Who offers Garrigan a room, though Garrigan can tell this is not a very energetic offer?
5. Garrigan is surprised to discover a small ________ on the island where he could have bought supplies.
(c) Family market
(d) Trading post
6. What does Garrigan see his father reading during the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Amin's Killing Logs
(c) Grey's Anatomy
7. What kind of hostages are being held in the hijacked airplane at the airport?
8. Garrigan notices that the ___________ in front of the secret door have not been touched at all.
9. The ___________ the group captures sometimes don't even know what country they are fighting in.
10. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
(b) Burning things
11. Where does Garrigan decide to do as though it were just another normal day?
(a) Amin's office
(b) The hospital
(c) His bungalow
(d) The clinic
12. For whom does Idi Amin express affection after his declaration of disbanding a spy ring?
(a) Prime Minister of England
(b) Queen of England
(c) President of Scotland
(d) The President of the United States
13. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(a) Heavy lock
14. What whistles by Garrigan as he tries to get to the APC after a gunfight breaks out during his trip?
(b) A tank
15. What is Amin talking to when Garrigan approaches him in the prison cells?
(a) A picture
(b) His medals
(c) His shoes
(d) A severed head
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the back of the book Garrigan's dad is reading say? "The road ______, the destination obscure."
2. When Garrigan walks into the secret prisons, he realizes he is hearing a voice - whose voice is it?
3. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
4. The person who is torn limb from limb, literally, was a supporter of which group?
5. What does Garrigan's sister send ahead so that it is at the new house when he arrives?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)