|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
(a) Peter Weir
(b) Nigel Stone
2. Garrigan can see the burned spot above his bothy where the Burning of the _________ takes place.
3. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
4. With the ___________ coming up, there are many images of Margaret Thatcher on TV.
5. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(c) Heavy lock
6. Who does Garrigan have to reassure after they have seen the headlines about his involvement with Amin?
(a) His mother
(c) His sister
(d) His brother
7. Garrigan realizes he has been rescued by a band of _____________ soldiers after the battle in town.
8. When Amin does not arrive, Garrigan realizes he cannot stay at the ___________, but he doesn't know where else to go.
(d) State House
9. Garrigan tries to imagine that the house is actually in _____________ and that he is Idi Amin.
10. The soldiers were distressed to find out they might have killed a __________ as this would make their leader unhappy.
(a) White man
(b) Black man
11. What city do the Tanzanians reach and then take as a result?
12. Who takes Garrigan into custody when he arrives on the dock of the new country?
(a) A gang of freedom fighters
(b) Nairobi police
(c) Amin's army
13. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
(a) Red cross
(b) Secret code
(c) Painting of Amin
14. What is the name given to the kid soldiers who are not in Mbarara and fighting with others in town?
15. Who is the crazy man that Garrigan sees hanging from the tree when he reaches the equator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrigan notices that the ___________ in front of the secret door have not been touched at all.
2. Garrigan realizes he has emerged from the forest close to __________.
3. Who does Garrigan learn is behind the series of bombs attributed to the Army of the Provisional Government?
4. The ____________ have given Israel and the rest of the world a two-day deadline to release a list of prisoners or the hostages will be blown up.
5. Who does Garrigan see die during the incident in the middle of the town?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)