|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amin says that the ___________ has been destroyed, but this is not the case and it amuses the staff at this place.
(d) Water treatment center
2. Garrigan begins to wonder if he was just a ______________ for Sara when she was at the clinic.
3. Who does Garrigan see die during the incident in the middle of the town?
4. Garrigan realizes he has been rescued by a band of _____________ soldiers after the battle in town.
5. What does Garrigan's sister send ahead so that it is at the new house when he arrives?
(a) His bank account number
(b) A phone
(c) His journal
(d) A photo album
6. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
(a) The van
(b) His wallet
(c) His cargo
(d) His passport
7. When Garrigan asks Amin about the stuffed animal head, Amin replies that _________ are exploding all the time these days and no one knows why.
8. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
9. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(c) Heavy lock
10. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
11. For whom does Idi Amin express affection after his declaration of disbanding a spy ring?
(a) Prime Minister of England
(b) The President of the United States
(c) Queen of England
(d) President of Scotland
12. The ___________ the group captures sometimes don't even know what country they are fighting in.
13. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
14. The person who is torn limb from limb, literally, was a supporter of which group?
(b) The Tanzanian's
(c) The Zionists'
(d) The Israeli
15. What happens to Garrigan once he emerges from his hiding place after the van incident?
(a) A snake bites him
(b) He falls into the river
(c) He sees Sara
(d) He passes out from exhaustion
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
2. What kind of spy ring does Amin say that he has broken up after the rest of the British are expelled?
3. Garrigan can see the burned spot above his bothy where the Burning of the _________ takes place.
4. What is Amin talking to when Garrigan approaches him in the prison cells?
5. What city do the Tanzanians reach and then take as a result?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)