|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Amin had not been fighting the ____________ free fighters in Kenya, Amin says he would not have practiced cannibalism.
2. What does Amin tell Garrigan to do after Garrigan asks about the stuffed animal head?
(a) Be more careful
(b) Hide during the daytime
(c) Be honest with him
(d) Leave the country
3. What does Garrigan decide to wear since his clothes are too ragged and filthy to wear?
(a) Clean scrubs
(b) A towel
(c) A pair of overalls
(d) Amin's old clothing
4. How many journalists show up to question Garrigan after his adventures with Amin?
(d) One hundred
5. Who announces to the non-Israeli passengers that he has negotiated their release?
(c) Nigel Stone
6. Who offers Garrigan a room, though Garrigan can tell this is not a very energetic offer?
7. What does Garrigan take in order to get into Kenya and to his freedom?
(b) A boat
(c) The white truck
(d) Land Rover
8. What is the item that Amin is talking to covered with when Garrigan approaches Amin?
9. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
10. The people in the city begin _____________ once they realize no one will stop them.
(a) Burning things
11. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
(b) Red cross
(c) Secret code
(d) Painting of Amin
12. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
13. What kind of hostages are being held in the hijacked airplane at the airport?
14. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) Boys with machine guns on women
(b) A wedding celebration
(c) A feast
(d) Soldiers beating boys
15. What is stolen from Garrigan's bungalow after the rest of the British are expelled?
(a) His pillow
(b) His passport
(c) His journal
(d) His money
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Garrigan thought was in the stuffed animal head that he delivered to Swanepoel?
2. What does the secret door in Amin's bedroom actually lead to?
3. Who reports a mysterious new illness that is spreading throughout African and wants a report published on it?
4. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
5. What room does Garrigan discover has already been sacked when he wanders the halls?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)