|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Garrigan decide to do as though it were just another normal day?
(a) The hospital
(b) Amin's office
(c) His bungalow
(d) The clinic
2. What does Garrigan see in the room with him and Amin one night, and then contemplates killing Amin?
(a) A bottle of poison
(b) A broken bottle
(c) A baseball bat
3. Garrigan is tempted to run away rather than go through the ____________.
(a) Court process
4. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
5. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
6. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
(a) His cargo
(b) The van
(c) His wallet
(d) His passport
7. What is Amin talking to when Garrigan approaches him in the prison cells?
(a) His shoes
(b) A picture
(c) His medals
(d) A severed head
8. What does Garrigan's sister send ahead so that it is at the new house when he arrives?
(a) A photo album
(b) His journal
(c) A phone
(d) His bank account number
9. What country does Garrigan help Amin plan to invade during his reign?
10. Amin says that Garrigan has returned because he _____________ Idi.
11. Garrigan begins to wonder if he was just a ______________ for Sara when she was at the clinic.
12. Where does Garrigan decide he wants to go since he is already feeling stronger?
(b) Amin's home
13. What does Garrigan want to take in order to go north away from where he has been?
(b) Sleeper car
14. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
15. Who offers Garrigan a room, though Garrigan can tell this is not a very energetic offer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
2. With the ___________ coming up, there are many images of Margaret Thatcher on TV.
3. What happens to Garrigan once he emerges from his hiding place after the van incident?
4. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
5. Garrigan realizes he has emerged from the forest close to __________.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)