|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Garrigan decide he wants to go since he is already feeling stronger?
(b) Amin's home
2. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
(b) Secret code
(c) Red cross
(d) Painting of Amin
3. What kind of car do the Israelis use during the hostage crisis, trying to impersonate Amin at the same time?
(a) Green Porsche
(b) Blue Volkswagen
(c) Black BMW
(d) Red Maserati
4. If Amin had not been fighting the ____________ free fighters in Kenya, Amin says he would not have practiced cannibalism.
5. What is the name given to the kid soldiers who are not in Mbarara and fighting with others in town?
6. What is Garrigan charged with when he is captured by the group of men at the dock?
(a) Being a traitor
(b) Poisoning Amin
(c) Helping Amin escape
(d) Blowing up the plane
7. What does the back of the book Garrigan's dad is reading say? "The road ______, the destination obscure."
8. Amin says that Garrigan has returned because he _____________ Idi.
9. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(d) Heavy lock
10. Amin admits on a broadcast that Tanzanians and its friends - all _____________ - have attacked the country, killing many civilians.
11. Garrigan is surprised to discover a small ________ on the island where he could have bought supplies.
(a) Family market
(c) Trading post
12. What kind of stuffed animal head did Garrigan deliver to Swanepoel, as instructed by Amin?
13. Amin tells the passengers not to try to escape as the terrorists have wired the room with ________________.
(b) Secrity cameras
(d) Booby traps
14. Garrigan is tempted to run away rather than go through the ____________.
(a) Court process
15. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Garrigan a letter telling him about a property he has inherited on an island?
2. The ____________ tells Garrigan that it will not be as bad as he thinks it will be.
3. What has the hospital run out of at Kampala, making it difficult to sterilize anything?
4. What does Garrigan see in the room with him and Amin one night, and then contemplates killing Amin?
5. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)