|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
2. What does Garrigan decide to wear since his clothes are too ragged and filthy to wear?
(a) Amin's old clothing
(b) A towel
(c) Clean scrubs
(d) A pair of overalls
3. With the ___________ coming up, there are many images of Margaret Thatcher on TV.
4. The bothy where Garrigan will now be living includes a ___________ and power as well.
5. What is Garrigan charged with when he is captured by the group of men at the dock?
(a) Blowing up the plane
(b) Poisoning Amin
(c) Being a traitor
(d) Helping Amin escape
6. Garrigan is tempted to run away rather than go through the ____________.
(c) Court process
7. The ____________ has been punctured and there is water spilling out everywhere.
8. What whistles by Garrigan as he tries to get to the APC after a gunfight breaks out during his trip?
(c) A tank
9. Garrigan is done writing, but is haunted by the image of ___________ as it seems to be everywhere.
(b) The stuffed animal
(c) The severed head
10. What does Garrigan want to take in order to go north away from where he has been?
(d) Sleeper car
11. What has the hospital run out of at Kampala, making it difficult to sterilize anything?
12. While the soldiers do not hit Garrigan during the checkpoint struggle, the soldiers do take __________.
(a) His cargo
(b) The van
(c) His passport
(d) His wallet
13. What does Garrigan realize about Gugu when he finds him in the center of town?
(a) He is dead
(b) He is being beaten
(c) He is crying
(d) He is beating others
14. If Amin had not been fighting the ____________ free fighters in Kenya, Amin says he would not have practiced cannibalism.
15. The headlines from Garrigan's interview imply that he has ___________ on his hands too.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Garrigan asks Amin about the stuffed animal head, Amin replies that _________ are exploding all the time these days and no one knows why.
2. Who has told Amin of the plot being devised against him to assassinate him by drugging?
3. Garrigan begins to wonder if he was just a ______________ for Sara when she was at the clinic.
4. How many journalists show up to question Garrigan after his adventures with Amin?
5. The chapter opens with a _______________ where everything becomes Amin.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)