|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Garrigan decide he wants to go since he is already feeling stronger?
(c) Amin's home
2. What city do the Tanzanians reach and then take as a result?
3. What is Garrigan charged with when he is captured by the group of men at the dock?
(a) Being a traitor
(b) Poisoning Amin
(c) Blowing up the plane
(d) Helping Amin escape
4. What does Garrigan realize about Gugu when he finds him in the center of town?
(a) He is beating others
(b) He is dead
(c) He is being beaten
(d) He is crying
5. Amin says that the ___________ has been destroyed, but this is not the case and it amuses the staff at this place.
(d) Water treatment center
6. What does Garrigan's sister send ahead so that it is at the new house when he arrives?
(a) His journal
(b) His bank account number
(c) A phone
(d) A photo album
7. What country does Garrigan help Amin plan to invade during his reign?
8. When Amin does not arrive, Garrigan realizes he cannot stay at the ___________, but he doesn't know where else to go.
(a) State House
9. Where is Garrigan sent after his run in with the soldiers and after he is accused of certain travesties?
10. After speaking with Amin, Garrigan thinks that he really must fasten the _____________ around the door again.
(b) Heavy lock
11. What does Garrigan see when he approaches the center of the town?
(a) A feast
(b) Soldiers beating boys
(c) A wedding celebration
(d) Boys with machine guns on women
12. Garrigan tries to imagine that the house is actually in _____________ and that he is Idi Amin.
13. Amin tells the passengers not to try to escape as the terrorists have wired the room with ________________.
(a) Secrity cameras
(c) Booby traps
14. What does Amin tell Garrigan to do after Garrigan asks about the stuffed animal head?
(a) Leave the country
(b) Be honest with him
(c) Be more careful
(d) Hide during the daytime
15. If Amin had not been fighting the ____________ free fighters in Kenya, Amin says he would not have practiced cannibalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Garrigan hopes that the ____________ still on his van will help him pass safety through the land.
2. Garrigan notices that the ___________ in front of the secret door have not been touched at all.
3. Garrigan comes to the town, determined not to lose ____________ as he has lost so many others.
4. What does the back of the book Garrigan's dad is reading say? "The road ______, the destination obscure."
5. What does Garrigan see his father reading during the beginning of the chapter?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)