|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hurting when Garrigan goes to the hospital to examine Idi Amin?
(a) His foot
(b) His head
(c) His stomach
(d) His wrist
2. Who are the soldiers beating up now, according to Swanepoel's observations?
(a) University students
(b) Young children
(d) White doctors
3. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
(a) A book
(b) A map
(c) An audio tape
(d) Stories from fellow passengers
4. What is not working, hindering Garrigan's ability to find Dr. Merrit once he arrives in town?
(a) Phone lines
(b) His car
(d) His audio recorder with the directions on it
5. Barclay is the _____________ who takes Garrigan to the Ministry of Health for his new position.
6. Amin writes to the Secretary General of the UM, telling him that __________ was right in massacring the Israelis.
(c) The Ayatollah
7. Idi Amin actually became the ____________ champion of Uganda, challenging Muhammad Ali to a fight.
8. What does Idi Amin offer to Garrigan in return for his help with his sprained body part?
(a) A new house
(b) Diplomatic immunity
9. Who is the dinner guest who becomes quite drunk and needs to be escorted back to his bungalow?
(b) Dr. Dawson
(d) Dr. Merrit
10. What does Garrigan do at the main hospital at Kampala, even though he is not trained to do so?
(d) Cancer treatment
11. Who does Nigel Stone say is a ceremonial official and not Stone's boss?
(b) Peter Weir
(c) Idi Amin
(d) Colonel Mugabe
12. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
(a) No pension
(c) No family
(d) Bad relationship with son
13. What does Peter request from Garrigan in order to cover up an affair Peter had with one of Amin's wives?
(a) An abortion
(b) A lethal injection
(c) To talk to Amin in private
(d) Safe passage out of the country
14. What kind of infestations does the Dr. Ivor Seabrook from England specialize in?
(a) Killer bee
(d) Tsetse fly
15. Garrigan seems to think that Idi Amin's mother's name may have been ____________, though he is told otherwise later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marina offer to bring on the boat trip with Garrigan, when she is invited?
2. Amin will not agree to accept Christ's authority in his life, but he will accept the authority of __________.
3. Where does Garrigan decide to write his memoir after his adventures with Idi Amin?
4. Who is the servant that does not appear when the Merrits call on him to help Garrigan, their new guest?
5. Garrigan believes that Amin's delusions of grandeur may be common to all __________.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)