|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present in the room with Garrigan when he arrives in Stone's office?
(a) Only Marina
(b) Only Stone
(c) Only Amin and Garrigan
(d) Only Garrigan
2. Stone says that Garrigan is ___________ in what Amin does if Garrigan does not decide to kill Amin.
3. Perkins tells Garrigan that Amin will soon be cracking down on the ________ and he is right.
4. What is not working, hindering Garrigan's ability to find Dr. Merrit once he arrives in town?
(b) His audio recorder with the directions on it
(c) Phone lines
(d) His car
5. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
(a) Bad relationship with son
(b) No pension
(c) No family
6. What is NOT one of the things that Amin uses to fund the network he builds in order to stage a coup?
7. Who are the soldiers beating up now, according to Swanepoel's observations?
(b) Young children
(c) University students
(d) White doctors
8. Who summons Garrigan again, and Garrigan knows that he will be training Amin once more?
(a) Marina Perkins
(c) Nigel Stone
(d) Dr. Merrit
9. Amin will not agree to accept Christ's authority in his life, but he will accept the authority of __________.
(b) The god
10. Barclay is the _____________ who takes Garrigan to the Ministry of Health for his new position.
11. What does Sara do that makes Garrigan curious as to her intentions for the action?
(a) Runs away from the crowd
(b) Whispers to young boys
(c) Takes careful notes
(d) Hugs Idi Amin
12. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
(a) A book
(b) Stories from fellow passengers
(c) An audio tape
(d) A map
13. What does Amin wear when he says that he has been talking to NASA about being the first black man on the moon?
(a) A toga
(b) Ceremonial African garments
(c) Orange jumpsuit
(d) Space helmet
14. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
(a) State of peace
(b) State of emergency
(c) State of dictatorship
(d) State of poverty
15. What meal does Garrigan share with his hospitable note writer from the bus trip into town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the servant that does not appear when the Merrits call on him to help Garrigan, their new guest?
2. What are all of the waiters crowding around when Garrigan is up having breakfast the next day?
3. What is the health problem Garrigan thinks he has, though Sara discovers otherwise and fixes him right up?
4. What do Garrigan and the other workers have to examine on their own after a day at the clinic?
5. What is another name for the minibus that Garrigan takes the next day to get to Mbarara?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)