|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
(a) State of peace
(b) State of poverty
(c) State of emergency
(d) State of dictatorship
2. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
(a) A map
(b) Stories from fellow passengers
(c) An audio tape
(d) A book
3. Who sends Garrigan a note, inviting him to come visit him at his home?
(b) Dr. Merrit
4. Where does Garrigan decide to write his memoir after his adventures with Idi Amin?
5. What does Garrigan do at the main hospital at Kampala, even though he is not trained to do so?
(d) Cancer treatment
6. What is hurting when Garrigan goes to the hospital to examine Idi Amin?
(a) His wrist
(b) His foot
(c) His stomach
(d) His head
7. What does Amin wear when he says that he has been talking to NASA about being the first black man on the moon?
(a) Space helmet
(b) A toga
(c) Orange jumpsuit
(d) Ceremonial African garments
8. Who does Nigel Stone say is a ceremonial official and not Stone's boss?
(a) Peter Weir
(b) Colonel Mugabe
(c) Idi Amin
9. Marina Perkins tells Garrigan that _________ has been retired and has been sent home to Scotland.
(d) Her husband
10. Who is Garrigan called upon to brief as they reported on Idi Amin?
(c) Radio announcers
11. Barclay tells Garrigan that there is a place nearby where they can buy food, but the owner is ______________.
(b) Never there
12. Garrigan's life at Mbarara has become _____________ to him, according to his descriptions.
13. Who summons Garrigan again, and Garrigan knows that he will be training Amin once more?
(a) Marina Perkins
(c) Nigel Stone
(d) Dr. Merrit
14. Whose death is considered to be the most traumatic thing to have happened to Garrigan?
(a) His sister
(b) His dad
(c) His mom
(d) His donkey
15. What kind of car is Major Mabuse driving the day after the two foreigners are killed mysteriously?
(a) Red Maserati
(b) Black BMW
(c) Blue Volkswagen
(d) Green Porsche
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the dinner guest who becomes quite drunk and needs to be escorted back to his bungalow?
2. What would have killed Idi Amin during his assassination attempt had he not moved to another seat?
3. Idi Amin makes a speech in which he states that all _____________ should go back to their home country.
4. What does Garrigan use in order to remedy the problem that Idi Amin is having during Chapter 22?
5. What is the health problem Garrigan thinks he has, though Sara discovers otherwise and fixes him right up?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)