|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are all of the bodies Waziri has seen being dumped after they have been killed by soldiers?
2. What appears at the center of the pool along with Idi Amin on it?
(a) A horse
(b) A staircase
(d) A dragon
3. Barclay tells Garrigan that there is a place nearby where they can buy food, but the owner is ______________.
(a) Never there
4. What does Peter request from Garrigan in order to cover up an affair Peter had with one of Amin's wives?
(a) To talk to Amin in private
(b) Safe passage out of the country
(c) An abortion
(d) A lethal injection
5. What does Garrigan use in order to remedy the problem that Idi Amin is having during Chapter 22?
(a) Baseball bat
6. Who is NOT a part of the dinner at the Merrits' at the start of Chapter 11 in the book?
(b) Dr. Dawson
7. Where does Amin in the picture put his hand on the person that he is about to kill?
(a) His wrist
(b) His knee
(c) His shoulder
(d) His head
8. What is the nickname of the student Garrigan meets while riding on the bus to Mbarara?
9. Amin also says that Swanepoel is a spy for a ______________ aviation company.
10. What is the profession of Swanepoel as learned by Garrigan in his trips out at night?
11. What is another name for the minibus that Garrigan takes the next day to get to Mbarara?
12. What does Amin think is wrong with Garrigan when he returns in a daze?
(a) He is in love
(b) He is ill
(c) He is a spy
(d) He is a traitor
13. What is not working, hindering Garrigan's ability to find Dr. Merrit once he arrives in town?
(a) His car
(c) Phone lines
(d) His audio recorder with the directions on it
14. Idi Amin actually became the ____________ champion of Uganda, challenging Muhammad Ali to a fight.
15. What does Garrigan use in order to learn more about the country and the people of Uganda?
(a) A map
(b) An audio tape
(c) Stories from fellow passengers
(d) A book
Short Answer Questions
1. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
2. While there is talk of a coup, Garrigan is told not to worry as they generally leave ____________ alone.
3. Who is the ambassador that meets up with Garrigan at the embassy at the start of Chapter 20?
4. Who is the young messenger who delivers the note to Garrigan inviting him to visit?
5. What does Idi Amin offer to Garrigan in return for his help with his sprained body part?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)