|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stone says that he has orders to tell Garrigan to ____________, not just incapacitate him.
(a) Spy on Amin
(b) Leave Amin's compound
(c) Kill Amin
(d) Persuade Amin
2. Who is the ambassador that meets up with Garrigan at the embassy at the start of Chapter 20?
3. Garrigan's life at Mbarara has become _____________ to him, according to his descriptions.
4. Amin admits he knew of Garrigan's interest in ________________.
(a) Leaving the country
(b) Killing him
(c) Traveling the country
5. What does Garrigan remove from Amin's son in order to cure him of his illness?
(a) A knife
(b) A stick
(d) Lego block
6. When Garrigan is walking through the town, he notices Marina Perkins in a bar with ______________.
(a) Idi Amin
(c) Her husband
(d) Nigel Stone
7. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
(a) State of poverty
(b) State of peace
(c) State of dictatorship
(d) State of emergency
8. Garrigan is invited to attend the ___________ service in celebration of Amin's marriage to his fourth wife.
9. Who does Nigel Stone say is a ceremonial official and not Stone's boss?
(a) Peter Weir
(c) Idi Amin
(d) Colonel Mugabe
10. Marina Perkins tells Garrigan that _________ has been retired and has been sent home to Scotland.
(c) Her husband
11. Whose death is considered to be the most traumatic thing to have happened to Garrigan?
(a) His sister
(b) His mom
(c) His donkey
(d) His dad
12. Who is the young messenger who delivers the note to Garrigan inviting him to visit?
(c) Elisa Merrit
13. What kind of car is Major Mabuse driving the day after the two foreigners are killed mysteriously?
(a) Green Porsche
(b) Blue Volkswagen
(c) Black BMW
(d) Red Maserati
14. In which city is Garrigan now stationed after his run in with Idi Amin?
15. Amin claims to be the rightful king of _________ when Garrigan hears him on the radio one night.
(d) South Africa
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the servant that does not appear when the Merrits call on him to help Garrigan, their new guest?
2. Garrigan's ____________ asked him how he could become so close to a man like Amin.
3. What does Marina offer to bring on the boat trip with Garrigan, when she is invited?
4. Garrigan is NOT invited to the ______________ service in celebration of his fourth marriage.
5. Who is also in attendance with Garrigan when Idi Amin comes to visit?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)