|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 13 | Part 1, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the minibus that Garrigan takes the next day to get to Mbarara?
2. Sara tells Garrigan that Israel is always in a ________________ when he tells her what he hears on the radio.
(a) State of dictatorship
(b) State of peace
(c) State of poverty
(d) State of emergency
3. What does Mrs. Merrit reveal to Garrigan as the reason why Dr. Merrit will not go back to England?
(a) Bad relationship with son
(c) No family
(d) No pension
4. What is the name of the hotel that the taxi driver recommends to Garrigan when he arrives?
(a) Idi Hotel
(b) Swanpole Hotel
(c) Fine Hotel
(d) Speke Hotel
5. What do Garrigan and the other workers have to examine on their own after a day at the clinic?
(a) The water supply
(b) Their own health
(d) The food quality
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT a part of the dinner at the Merrits' at the start of Chapter 11 in the book?
2. Who is the servant that does not appear when the Merrits call on him to help Garrigan, their new guest?
3. Idi Amin makes a speech in which he states that all _____________ should go back to their home country.
4. Garrigan's life at Mbarara has become _____________ to him, according to his descriptions.
5. Where does Garrigan decide to write his memoir after his adventures with Idi Amin?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)