Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• Garrigan takes care of Amin's sprained wrist, eventually become the dictator's personal physician.
• Garrigan attends the Ambassador's Dinner the first evening in Kampala.
• Garrigan feels a little overwhelmed at the dinner, and by the presence of Marina Perkins.
• Amin admits to eating human flesh.
• Garrigan writes his memoir in Scotland after returning home.
• After his medical training, Garrigan decides to go into the Foreign Service, against his father's wishes.
Part 1, Chapter 3 | Part 1, Chapter 4
• Garrigan's trip to Kampala takes 12 hours.
• Garrigan overhears talk about a coup, but is told that since he is white, he should not worry.
• The coup takes place the following morning.
• Garrigan walks away from a woman being beaten in the streets.
• Garrigan is advised to go to Mbarara.
Part 1, Chapter 5 | Part 1, Chapter 6
• Garrigan takes a bus to Mbarara.
• Garrigan is taken off the bus by a soldier, but then bribes...
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)