|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before her announcement of love to Stahr did Cecelia's boyfriend die?
2. Where does Stahr have dinner after his episode?
3. Where is Stahr when he learns the name of the girl who looks like his late wife?
4. What does Stahr ask of the man who Cecelia gets to meet with him?
5. How many writers does Stahr meet with after getting off the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stahr do when Kathleen tries to sneak out of the party?
2. What does Brady do while Stahr is ill?
3. What is in the letter that Kathleen left in Stahr's car?
4. What does Stahr do to help the man who tried to commit suicide?
5. What does Martha offer to do for Cecelia after their strange incident in Cecelia's father's office?
6. What does Stahr do when he wakes up after his meeting with Brimmer?
7. Who is Red Ridingwood, and what happens when Stahr goes to visit him after lunch?
8. What happens when Stahr sees the other girl he met at the flood?
9. Why does Brimmer criticize Stahr during their meeting?
10. What does the girl from the flood offer to do for Stahr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which characters are most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Kathleen's husband is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a prevalent theme in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)