|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a black man tell Stahr he does not let his kids watch movies?
2. Where does Stahr have dinner after his episode?
3. What is missing from the house Stahr is building when he takes someone to see it?
4. What does Stahr do during his political meeting that Cecelia has never seen him do before?
5. What does the political extremist do in response to the threat and accusation from Stahr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the letter that Kathleen left in Stahr's car?
2. What does Stahr do when Kathleen tries to sneak out of the party?
3. Where does Stahr go after his relationship with Cecelia, and why?
4. What happens when Cecelia tells Stahr how she feels about him?
5. How does Brady try to blackmail Stahr?
6. What does Stahr find in his office after he looks at the afternoon dailies?
7. Why does Zavras try to commit suicide?
8. What does Stahr do when he looks at the dailies after lunch?
9. What happens when Brimmer and Stahr are together at Cecelia's house?
10. What does Brady do while Stahr is ill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the outcome of the plot and the characters involved in those scene affected by this anger?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Film and the movie industry are the backdrop for this plot. How does this unique format shape the characters and the plot of this book?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)