|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the men who talks to the girl and the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
2. What injury does the person who tried to commit suicide in Chapter 3 sustain?
3. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Cecelia go after her flight?
5. What bursts during the commotion as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Schwartz do when Cecelia heads back to the plane?
2. What does Wylie suggest they all do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
3. What strange event happens as Cecelia is about to take her father home in Chapter 2?
4. Who is Boxley, and why does he want an urgent meeting with Stahr?
5. What does the stewardess talk to Cecelia about at the beginning of the book?
6. What do some censors complain about in Chapter 3?
7. How does Stahr run his conference about the new movie he is starting?
8. What kind of damage is caused by the strange event in Chapter 2?
9. What do Robbie and Stahr see as they assess the damage to the backlot and discuss what to do about it?
10. How is Cecelia introduced at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal is a theme introduced near the very beginning of this book. How does this constant stream of betrayals affect the outcome of the plot? Which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the outcome of the plot and the characters involved in those scene affected by this anger?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)