|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cecelia's father talking about when she finds him after her flight?
2. What does Stahr call the next movie he is about to release?
3. What is the girl at the beginning of the book thinking about when the book begins?
4. What occupation does Mr. Brady hold?
5. Who goes with Stahr to check on the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who attempts to help the people trapped in the backlot after the strange event?
2. What happened the night before Chapter 3 starts?
3. How is Cecelia introduced at the beginning of the book?
4. What does an actor come to talk to Stahr about after his meeting with Boxley, and what is Stahr's response?
5. What happens once Cecelia gets to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
6. What kind of messages does Stahr's secretary have for him after the censor's call?
7. What is Cecelia celebrating after her flight lands in Los Angeles?
8. Who is the mysterious passenger on the plane, and what does he do when he is recognized?
9. Who does Stahr call for help after the strange event in Chapter 2, and why?
10. Who is Boxley, and why does he want an urgent meeting with Stahr?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Film and the movie industry are the backdrop for this plot. How does this unique format shape the characters and the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Stahr endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)