|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has Stahr set aside for a conference about a new movie?
2. Who is Cecelia looking for after her flight?
3. Who helps Stahr when he sees the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
4. Where does Stahr start out every day?
5. What is the occupation of the person who is called to repair what was broken as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Cecelia gets to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
2. What does the mysterious passenger do for the remainder of the flight?
3. Why does Stahr accept the fact that the next movie he is releasing will lose money?
4. What is Cecelia celebrating after her flight lands in Los Angeles?
5. Where does Cecelia go after her flight lands in Los Angeles?
6. What do some censors complain about in Chapter 3?
7. What does Cecelia realize shortly after returning to Los Angeles?
8. What does an actor come to talk to Stahr about after his meeting with Boxley, and what is Stahr's response?
9. What does Cecelia do while Stahr waits for the man he called for help after the strange event?
10. How does Stahr run his conference about the new movie he is starting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Film and the movie industry are the backdrop for this plot. How does this unique format shape the characters and the plot of this book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Fitzgerald have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the outcome of the plot and the characters involved in those scene affected by this anger?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)