|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stahr call the next movie he is about to release?
2. What is the girl at the beginning of the book thinking about when the book begins?
3. What is Cecelia celebrating after her flight lands?
4. Who calls the man to repair what is broken when Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
5. Who does Stahr ask his secretary to track down after his meeting with Boxley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stahr run his conference about the new movie he is starting?
2. What is Cecelia's father doing when she finds him after her flight?
3. How is Cecelia introduced at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Mr. Schwartz do when Cecelia heads back to the plane?
5. What is the format of Chapter 3, and why?
6. What does the stewardess talk to Cecelia about at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Stahr begin his day?
8. Why does Stahr accept the fact that the next movie he is releasing will lose money?
9. Who is Boxley, and why does he want an urgent meeting with Stahr?
10. What kind of damage is caused by the strange event in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
There are many different symbols in this book. What are these symbols, and how does their presence alter the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship between Kathleen and Stahr change throughout the course of the plot, and how do these changes affect the characters around them?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)