|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cecelia find her father at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What does Stahr say at the beginning of the conference about the new movie?
3. Where does Stahr start out every day?
4. Why are the other people so eager to help Stahr when he saw the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
5. What does a censor complain to Stahr about after he gets word of the attempted suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Cecelia gets to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
2. What is the format of Chapter 3, and why?
3. What happened the night before Chapter 3 starts?
4. Where does Cecelia go after her flight lands in Los Angeles?
5. What does Mr. Schwartz do when Cecelia heads back to the plane?
6. What does Cecelia see when she gets back on the plane?
7. What does Cecelia do while Stahr waits for the man he called for help after the strange event?
8. What does the stewardess talk to Cecelia about at the beginning of the book?
9. What is Cecelia doing when the book begins?
10. Who does Stahr call for help after the strange event in Chapter 2, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
Anger is an emotion that emerges in a few very sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these instances, and how are the outcome of the plot and the characters involved in those scene affected by this anger?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)