|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stahr feel after his strange episode?
2. Why does Martha want to speak with Cecelia's father?
(a) She wants to lodge a complaint.
(b) She wants a job.
(c) She wants to date him.
(d) She wants to submit a new screenplay.
3. Where does Stahr have dinner after his episode?
(a) His office.
(b) A bar.
(c) The commissary.
(d) A coffee shop.
4. Who used to abuse the woman who resembles Stahr's late wife?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) A minor king.
(c) A duke.
(d) Her father.
5. Who does Stahr visit after his lunch with the prince?
(a) Big Badwooff.
(b) Liddy Miss Muffet.
(c) Red Ridingwood.
(d) Boy Blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kathleen's husband's occupation?
2. Who calls Stahr after speaking with the man who tries to commit suicide?
3. What is Stahr given after his strange episode?
4. Why does the man attempt to commit suicide at the studio?
5. Who is waiting for Stahr when he returns from looking at the afternoon dailies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the letter that Kathleen left in Stahr's car?
2. How does Brady try to blackmail Stahr?
3. Why does Stahr want a meeting set up between him and members of the Communist Party?
4. Who is Red Ridingwood, and what happens when Stahr goes to visit him after lunch?
5. What happens when Stahr sees the other girl he met at the flood?
6. What does Stahr do when he looks at the dailies after lunch?
7. Why does Brimmer criticize Stahr during their meeting?
8. How was Cecelia once connected to Communist Party leaders, and why has that connection weakened?
9. What does Stahr do when he wakes up after his meeting with Brimmer?
10. What does Stahr do to help the man who tried to commit suicide?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)