|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man who intended to commit suicide offer to do for Stahr?
(a) Shoot his next movie.
(b) Promote his next movie.
(c) Get him the actress he wants.
(d) Help him in any way he can.
2. What causes the bad writing of the inept writer?
(b) Old age.
(d) Lack of motivation.
3. Where does Stahr ask Cecelia to go with him?
(a) The beach.
(b) A ranch.
(c) A hotel.
(d) His unfinished house.
4. What is the name of the girl who looks like Stahr's late wife?
5. Where do Kathleen and her husband meet?
(a) A dance club.
(b) The streets of England.
(c) A bar.
(d) New York City auditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stahr accuse the political extremist of when he attacks him?
2. Why does the man attempt to commit suicide at the studio?
3. What does the woman who looks like Stahr's late wife misplace in Stahr's car?
4. Why does Stahr take a trip after his meeting with the political extremist?
5. Who does Stahr have an active affair with at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a black man say to Stahr while he is on the beach with Kathleen, and how does he respond?
2. What is so amusing to Kathleen about the house Stahr is building?
3. What does the girl from the flood offer to do for Stahr?
4. How does Kathleen meet the man she is supposed to marry?
5. How does Brady try to blackmail Stahr?
6. What happens to Kathleen and Cecelia at the end of the book?
7. Why does Zavras try to commit suicide?
8. What does Stahr find in his office after he looks at the afternoon dailies?
9. What is in the letter that Kathleen left in Stahr's car?
10. Where does Stahr go after his relationship with Cecelia, and why?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)