|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the girl at the beginning of the book get used to early in her life?
(a) Never seeing her father.
(b) Living without her mother.
(c) Flying all over the country.
(d) Having maids.
2. What causes the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) A broken gauge.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) A medical emergency.
(d) A loss of gas.
3. What kind of matter does an actor come to talk with Stahr about after his meeting with Boxley?
4. Who decides not to complete his trip after the unexpected stop?
(a) Chandler Chapman.
(b) Mr. Smith.
(c) Mr. Schwartz.
5. Who narrates Chapter 3?
(a) Cecelia's father.
(d) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the prince taken for lunch after his tour of the studio?
2. What does one of the men do with Cecelia during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Stahr usually spend the night with?
4. Where does Cecelia plan on taking her father before the commotion in Chapter 2?
5. What injury does the person who tried to commit suicide in Chapter 3 sustain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Cecelia introduced at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Cecelia realize shortly after returning to Los Angeles?
3. What is the format of Chapter 3, and why?
4. Who does Stahr call for help after the strange event in Chapter 2, and why?
5. Who is the mysterious passenger on the plane, and what does he do when he is recognized?
6. What does the mysterious passenger do for the remainder of the flight?
7. What kind of messages does Stahr's secretary have for him after the censor's call?
8. What does Mr. Schwartz do when Cecelia heads back to the plane?
9. What happened the night before Chapter 3 starts?
10. What does the stewardess talk to Cecelia about at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)