|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Stahr's first wife?
2. Where is the prince taken for lunch after his tour of the studio?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) A movie set.
(c) The commissary.
(d) A new restaurant.
3. Where was the most damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
(a) Stahr's office.
(b) The dining area.
(c) The archives.
(d) The back lot.
4. What does Cecelia try to do while Stahr waits to hear about the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
(a) Calm her father down.
(b) Impress Stahr.
(c) Show Stahr the ring he gave her.
(d) Look older than she is.
5. What does one of the men NOT want to do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) Go to the state library.
(b) Go to Hermitage.
(c) Visit a casino.
(d) Sleep in the hotel room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the source of all the damage after the commotion in Chapter 2?
2. What is the girl at the beginning of the book thinking about when the book begins?
3. What happens to the man who did not complete his trip at the beginning of the book?
4. What changes about Cecelia when she moves to Los Angeles?
5. Who does one of the people who was stuck in the worst damaged part of the area remind Stahr of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes an unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
2. What do some censors complain about in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mr. Schwartz do when Cecelia heads back to the plane?
4. What is Cecelia's father doing when she finds him after her flight?
5. What does Cecelia realize shortly after returning to Los Angeles?
6. What is Cecelia doing when the book begins?
7. Who does Stahr call for help after the strange event in Chapter 2, and why?
8. How does Stahr begin his day?
9. What does Cecelia see when she gets back on the plane?
10. What happens once Cecelia gets to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)