|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does the person who tried to commit suicide in Chapter 3 sustain?
(a) Blinded eye.
(b) Broken arm.
(d) Severe lacerations.
2. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) A janitor.
(b) An actress.
(c) A screenwriter.
(d) A cameraman.
3. Where does the girl have to stop unexpectedly at the beginning of the book?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Salt Lake.
4. Who goes with Stahr to check on the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
(a) Cecelia's father.
5. What happens to the man who did not complete his trip at the beginning of the book?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He dies in his sleep that night.
(c) He is killed in a car accident.
(d) He is mugged and murdered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the little girl at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Boxley's occupation?
3. What was the source of all the damage after the commotion in Chapter 2?
4. What does one of the men suggest they all do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
5. How does someone try to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Robbie and Stahr see as they assess the damage to the backlot and discuss what to do about it?
2. What causes an unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Stahr begin his day?
4. What is the format of Chapter 3, and why?
5. What kind of damage is caused by the strange event in Chapter 2?
6. What strange event happens as Cecelia is about to take her father home in Chapter 2?
7. What does Cecelia realize shortly after returning to Los Angeles?
8. What kind of messages does Stahr's secretary have for him after the censor's call?
9. What does Mr. Schwartz do when Cecelia heads back to the plane?
10. What is Stahr's reaction to the people trapped in the backlot, and what causes this reaction?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)