|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Stahr think his next movie will make?
2. How does Stahr describe the people who are stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
3. What does one of the men NOT want to do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) Go to the state library.
(b) Sleep in the hotel room.
(c) Go to Hermitage.
(d) Visit a casino.
4. What changes about Cecelia when she moves to Los Angeles?
(a) Her opinions.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her looks.
(d) Her motivation.
5. Which president lived in the city that the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book takes place in?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the most damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
2. What was the occupation of Stahr's first wife?
3. What does Stahr do while his secretary tells him his daily schedule?
4. What country is the prince from who demands a tour of the studio?
5. What is the name of Stahr's secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange event happens as Cecelia is about to take her father home in Chapter 2?
2. What does Cecelia do while Stahr waits for the man he called for help after the strange event?
3. What do some censors complain about in Chapter 3?
4. What does an actor come to talk to Stahr about after his meeting with Boxley, and what is Stahr's response?
5. Who attempts to help the people trapped in the backlot after the strange event?
6. What does the stewardess talk to Cecelia about at the beginning of the book?
7. Why does Stahr accept the fact that the next movie he is releasing will lose money?
8. What is Stahr's reaction to the people trapped in the backlot, and what causes this reaction?
9. What is Cecelia doing when the book begins?
10. What does Cecelia see when she gets back on the plane?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)