|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gets the attention of two men while the girl talks with the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
(a) The mention of an actress.
(b) The political discussion.
(c) The name of the girl's school.
(d) The girl's name.
2. What does Stahr do while his secretary tells him his daily schedule?
(a) Drinks some whiskey.
(c) Clips his nails.
(d) Stares out his ocean front window.
3. Who narrates Chapter 3?
(b) Cecelia's father.
(d) The author.
4. What is the occupation of the person who is called to repair what was broken as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
(a) Telephone repairman.
5. What is the name of the little girl at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most upset about the unexpected stop that has to be made at the beginning of the book?
2. What position is the supervisor demoted to?
3. Who calls the man to repair what is broken when Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
4. What is the name of one of the men who talks to the girl and the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
5. Who is Cecelia looking for after her flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Cecelia's father doing when she finds him after her flight?
2. What kind of messages does Stahr's secretary have for him after the censor's call?
3. What does the mysterious passenger do for the remainder of the flight?
4. Who attempts to help the people trapped in the backlot after the strange event?
5. How is Cecelia introduced at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Stahr run his conference about the new movie he is starting?
7. What is Cecelia celebrating after her flight lands in Los Angeles?
8. Where does Cecelia go after her flight lands in Los Angeles?
9. What do some censors complain about in Chapter 3?
10. What is the format of Chapter 3, and why?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)