|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes about Cecelia when she moves to Los Angeles?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her motivation.
(c) Her opinions.
(d) Her looks.
2. What does one of the men suggest they all do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) Sleep in the hotel room.
(b) Go to the state library.
(c) Visit a casino.
(d) Go to Hermitage.
3. Who does Stahr usually spend the night with?
(b) By himself.
(c) Random women.
(d) His secretary.
4. Which president lived in the city that the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book takes place in?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Ulysses S. Grant.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
5. Where does Stahr start out every day?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) His office.
(c) His library.
(d) The movie set.
6. Who is Cecelia looking for after her flight?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
7. What time of day does the girl get to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
8. Where does Cecelia plan on taking her father before the commotion in Chapter 2?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) His house.
(d) Her mother's grave.
9. How does Stahr describe the people who are stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
10. What bursts during the commotion as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
(a) A window.
(b) A water main.
(c) A gas line.
(d) A chair.
11. Who does one of the people who was stuck in the worst damaged part of the area remind Stahr of?
(a) His dead daughter.
(b) His dying mother.
(c) A deceased starlet.
(d) His sickly sister.
12. Who narrates Chapter 3?
(b) Cecelia's father.
(c) The author.
13. Who helps Stahr when he sees the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
(a) Cecelia and her father.
(b) Ronnie and Rachel.
(c) A crew of firemen.
(d) Several men.
14. Why does a supervisor have to be demoted?
(a) He is caught beating his wife.
(b) He is tardy to work all week.
(c) Another man is promoted to his position.
(d) A writer quits.
15. Who goes with Stahr to check on the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
(b) Cecelia's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 3 tell us about?
2. How does the girl know the mysterious passenger?
3. What is the occupation of the person who is called to repair what was broken as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
4. What does Stahr say at the beginning of the conference about the new movie?
5. What is the name of Stahr's secretary?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)