|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a censor complain to Stahr about after he gets word of the attempted suicide?
(a) There is too much swearing in a new TV series.
(b) There is too much cleavage in a movie.
(c) An actor's fly is down throughout a movie.
(d) An actor winks too much in a new TV series.
2. What is Cecelia celebrating after her flight lands?
(b) Her parents' anniversary.
(d) Her father's birthday.
3. Who does one of the people who was stuck in the worst damaged part of the area remind Stahr of?
(a) His dying mother.
(b) His sickly sister.
(c) His dead daughter.
(d) A deceased starlet.
4. Who goes with Stahr to check on the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
(a) Cecelia's father.
5. What is the girl at the beginning of the book thinking about when the book begins?
(a) Her friends at school.
(b) Her father's job.
(c) The destinations of the other bus riders.
(d) The other people on the plane with her.
6. Which of the following is NOT present for the conference about the new movie?
7. What does Chapter 3 tell us about?
(a) Cecelia's education.
(b) Stahr's daily activities.
(c) Cecelia's father's job.
(d) The production industry.
8. What is the name of Stahr's first wife?
9. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) An actress.
(b) A cameraman.
(c) A screenwriter.
(d) A janitor.
10. Where does Stahr start out every day?
(a) The movie set.
(b) His library.
(c) The coffee shop.
(d) His office.
11. What does Stahr call the next movie he is about to release?
12. Who is with Cecelia's father when she finds him at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The bartender.
(b) Business associates.
(c) A homeless man.
13. Where is the prince taken for lunch after his tour of the studio?
(a) The commissary.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) A movie set.
(d) A new restaurant.
14. What injury does the person who tried to commit suicide in Chapter 3 sustain?
(a) Blinded eye.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Severe lacerations.
15. What causes the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) A loss of gas.
(b) A broken gauge.
(c) A medical emergency.
(d) A thunderstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stahr's first name?
2. What does the mysterious passenger give the girl?
3. Why is a passenger not allowed to complete the trip after the unexpected stop?
4. What is the name of the little girl at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of one of the men who talks to the girl and the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)