|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
(a) New York.
2. Where does Cecelia go after her flight?
(a) Stahr's office.
(b) The studio lot.
(c) Her father's house.
(d) A movie set.
3. What is the destination for the girl at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. What does a censor complain to Stahr about after he gets word of the attempted suicide?
(a) There is too much swearing in a new TV series.
(b) An actor winks too much in a new TV series.
(c) There is too much cleavage in a movie.
(d) An actor's fly is down throughout a movie.
5. Which president lived in the city that the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book takes place in?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Andrew Jackson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
6. Who is in the worst damaged part of the area when Stahr got there?
(a) A group of small children.
(b) Two girls.
(c) Three homeless men.
(d) Four security guards.
7. What is the girl's father's profession at the beginning of the book?
8. What is the name of Stahr's first wife?
9. Where is the prince taken for lunch after his tour of the studio?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) A new restaurant.
(c) A movie set.
(d) The commissary.
10. Who does one of the people who was stuck in the worst damaged part of the area remind Stahr of?
(a) A deceased starlet.
(b) His sickly sister.
(c) His dying mother.
(d) His dead daughter.
11. What is the name of the prince who takes a tour of the studio after the conference about the new movie?
12. Who goes with Stahr to check on the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
(c) Cecelia's father.
13. What does the mysterious passenger give the girl?
(a) A ring.
(b) A comb.
(c) A flower.
(d) A book.
14. How does someone try to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) Slits her wrists.
(b) Shoots himself in the head.
(c) Overdoses on drugs.
(d) Jumps off a balcony.
15. How much time has Stahr set aside for a conference about a new movie?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stahr do while his secretary tells him his daily schedule?
2. What does Cecelia try to do while Stahr waits to hear about the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
3. How much money does Stahr think his next movie will make?
4. What were the people in the worst damaged part of the area clinging to for safety?
5. Where is the girl at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)