|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Mr. Brady hold?
(c) Security guard.
2. Where does the girl have to stop unexpectedly at the beginning of the book?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) New Orleans.
3. What is Cecelia's father talking about when she finds him after her flight?
(a) A recent decision Stahr has made.
(b) Travel plans for the holiday.
(c) A plot for a new movie.
(d) His divorce and estate.
4. What does Stahr say at the beginning of the conference about the new movie?
(a) He wants to change the time period.
(b) He has fired the entire cast.
(c) He needs a new script immediately.
(d) He is scrapping the project.
5. What does the mysterious passenger give the girl?
(a) A book.
(b) A ring.
(c) A flower.
(d) A comb.
6. What does the girl talk about with the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
(a) An actress.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) School work.
7. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) A screenwriter.
(b) An actress.
(c) A cameraman.
(d) A janitor.
8. What country is the prince from who demands a tour of the studio?
9. Who does Stahr usually spend the night with?
(a) His secretary.
(b) By himself.
(d) Random women.
10. What is the name of the prince who takes a tour of the studio after the conference about the new movie?
11. What is Cecelia celebrating after her flight lands?
(c) Her father's birthday.
(d) Her parents' anniversary.
12. Who takes the prince on a tour of the studio?
(a) Cecelia's father.
(b) Mrs. Dolley.
13. What is Boxley's occupation?
14. What does Cecelia realize about Stahr shortly after moving back to Los Angeles?
(a) He is more of a man than she thought.
(b) He is very strongly driven.
(c) He is very kind hearted.
(d) He is not as mysterious as she thought.
15. Why is Stahr no longer with his first wife?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She died.
(c) She is in jail.
(d) She left him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecelia try to do while Stahr waits to hear about the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
2. Who goes with Stahr to check on the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
3. What does a censor complain to Stahr about after he gets word of the attempted suicide?
4. Why does a supervisor have to be demoted?
5. How does Stahr describe the people who are stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)