|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Stahr when he sees the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
(a) Ronnie and Rachel.
(b) A crew of firemen.
(c) Cecelia and her father.
(d) Several men.
2. How does Cecelia learn about what is broken in Chapter 2 as she and her father are about to leave?
(a) She sees it out the window.
(b) She hears about it on the radio.
(c) She watches it happen.
(d) Stahr tells her.
3. Where does Cecelia go after her flight?
(a) A movie set.
(b) Her father's house.
(c) The studio lot.
(d) Stahr's office.
4. What is Cecelia's father talking about when she finds him after her flight?
(a) Travel plans for the holiday.
(b) His divorce and estate.
(c) A recent decision Stahr has made.
(d) A plot for a new movie.
5. Where is the prince taken for lunch after his tour of the studio?
(a) A movie set.
(b) A new restaurant.
(c) The commissary.
(d) The cafeteria.
6. What is the name of the second man who talks to the girl and the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Schwinn.
(b) Mr. Schwartz.
(c) Mr. Swann.
(d) Mr. Simms.
7. What occupation does Mr. Brady hold?
(a) Security guard.
8. What does a censor complain to Stahr about after he gets word of the attempted suicide?
(a) An actor's fly is down throughout a movie.
(b) There is too much swearing in a new TV series.
(c) There is too much cleavage in a movie.
(d) An actor winks too much in a new TV series.
9. What is the name of the little girl at the beginning of the book?
10. What is the name of Stahr's first wife?
11. Which of the following is NOT present for the conference about the new movie?
12. What is the name of the mysterious passenger?
(a) Mr. Stanford.
(b) Mr. Stanley.
(c) Mr. Stahr.
(d) Mr. Stratford.
13. What happens just as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
(a) Cecelia's father collapses.
(b) The studio is shut down.
(c) A bar fight is started.
(d) An earthquake hits.
14. What injury does the person who tried to commit suicide in Chapter 3 sustain?
(b) Severe lacerations.
(c) Blinded eye.
(d) Broken arm.
15. What gets the attention of two men while the girl talks with the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
(a) The political discussion.
(b) The mention of an actress.
(c) The girl's name.
(d) The name of the girl's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a supervisor have to be demoted?
2. Who checks on the girl at the beginning of the book?
3. What was the source of all the damage after the commotion in Chapter 2?
4. Who calls the man to repair what is broken when Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
5. What time of day does the girl get to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)