|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the men suggest they all do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) Sleep in the hotel room.
(b) Go to Hermitage.
(c) Go to the state library.
(d) Visit a casino.
2. What changes about Cecelia when she moves to Los Angeles?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her opinions.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Her motivation.
3. Why is the man upset about the unexpected stop that has to be made?
(a) He was born and raised there.
(b) His ex-wife lives there.
(c) He is in a hurry.
(d) He does not have a change of clothes.
4. Who tries to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) A screenwriter.
(b) A janitor.
(c) An actress.
(d) A cameraman.
5. What does Stahr say at the beginning of the conference about the new movie?
(a) He has fired the entire cast.
(b) He wants to change the time period.
(c) He is scrapping the project.
(d) He needs a new script immediately.
6. What does Cecelia realize shortly after moving back to Los Angeles?
(a) Her mother and father do not love each other.
(b) She is not the same girl she was.
(c) Her father is not who she thought he was.
(d) She now knows what she wants for her future.
7. Who is Cecelia looking for after her flight?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
8. What injury does the person who tried to commit suicide in Chapter 3 sustain?
(a) Severe lacerations.
(c) Blinded eye.
(d) Broken arm.
9. Where does the girl have to stop unexpectedly at the beginning of the book?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) New Orleans.
10. Who is the most upset about the unexpected stop that has to be made at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Schwartz.
(b) Mr. Schwinn.
(c) Wylie White.
(d) Robert Ringdon.
11. What is the occupation of the person who is called to repair what was broken as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
(a) Telephone repairman.
12. Where does Cecelia go after her flight?
(a) The studio lot.
(b) Stahr's office.
(c) Her father's house.
(d) A movie set.
13. What does Stahr do when he sees the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
(a) Yells at them.
(b) Tries to calm them down.
(c) Tries to rescue them.
(d) Calls for help.
14. How much money does Stahr think his next movie will make?
15. Who checks on the girl at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her nanny.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The stewardess.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the girl at the beginning of the book thinking about when the book begins?
2. What is Boxley's occupation?
3. What does Stahr say when he hears about the attempted suicide in Chapter 3?
4. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
5. How does Stahr respond when he meets one of the people who were stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)