|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who checks on the girl at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her nanny.
(b) The stewardess.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
2. Who is called to repair what was broken as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
3. What is the name of Stahr's first wife?
4. How does Cecelia learn about what is broken in Chapter 2 as she and her father are about to leave?
(a) She watches it happen.
(b) She hears about it on the radio.
(c) Stahr tells her.
(d) She sees it out the window.
5. What does the mysterious passenger give the girl?
(a) A ring.
(b) A comb.
(c) A flower.
(d) A book.
6. What time of day does the girl get to the place she wanted to see during the unexpected stop?
7. What bursts during the commotion as Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
(a) A window.
(b) A gas line.
(c) A chair.
(d) A water main.
8. Why is Stahr no longer with his first wife?
(a) She is in jail.
(b) She left him.
(c) She died.
(d) He cheated on her.
9. What is the name of the second man who talks to the girl and the person who checks on her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Mr. Schwinn.
(b) Mr. Simms.
(c) Mr. Schwartz.
(d) Mr. Swann.
10. How much money does Stahr think his next movie will make?
11. What does Stahr say when he hears about the attempted suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) He is not surprised.
(b) She is shocked and upset.
(c) He wants to know more about it.
(d) He is too busy to be concerned with it.
12. Who does Stahr usually spend the night with?
(a) By himself.
(c) Random women.
(d) His secretary.
13. Why is a passenger not allowed to complete the trip after the unexpected stop?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is carrying a gun.
(c) He does not have his ID.
(d) He has a criminal record.
14. What does Stahr do when he sees the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
(a) Tries to calm them down.
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Calls for help.
(d) Tries to rescue them.
15. How does someone try to commit suicide in Chapter 3?
(a) Slits her wrists.
(b) Jumps off a balcony.
(c) Shoots himself in the head.
(d) Overdoses on drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mysterious passenger?
2. Why are the other people so eager to help Stahr when he saw the people stuck in the worst damaged part of the area?
3. Where was the most damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
4. Where is the prince taken for lunch after his tour of the studio?
5. How much time has Stahr set aside for a conference about a new movie?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)