|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
(b) New York.
2. Who checks on the girl at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The stewardess.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her nanny.
3. What does one of the men NOT want to do during the unexpected stop at the beginning of the book?
(a) Go to the state library.
(b) Sleep in the hotel room.
(c) Go to Hermitage.
(d) Visit a casino.
4. How does Cecelia learn about what is broken in Chapter 2 as she and her father are about to leave?
(a) She sees it out the window.
(b) Stahr tells her.
(c) She hears about it on the radio.
(d) She watches it happen.
5. Where does the girl have to stop unexpectedly at the beginning of the book?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the source of all the damage after the commotion in Chapter 2?
2. Who calls the man to repair what is broken when Cecelia and her father are about to head home?
3. Why is Stahr no longer with his first wife?
4. What does Cecelia try to do while Stahr waits to hear about the damage caused by the commotion in Chapter 2?
5. What happens to the man who did not complete his trip at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)