|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
2. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
3. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
4. What are Alpha and Omega?
5. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
2. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
3. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
4. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
5. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
6. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
7. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
8. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
9. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
10. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mary Magdalene is an important character in "The Last Temptation of Christ." Why is her character so prominent, when she is merely a peripheral character in scripture? How is her relationship with Jesus in the novel different from their relationship in scripture? Why? How does her prominence, as a character, reflect on the events of Jesus's life? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Jesus's disciples follow him, but with varying degrees of devotion, and all are cowardly when the time comes for Jesus's execution. Why do some of the disciples choose to follow Jesus, despite all of their doubts? Why does their courage fail them when Jesus is being executed? Why does Simon still stand by Jesus when the others won't and condemn them for their timidity? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Judas spends most of his time struggling with whether or not to kill Jesus. Why does he want to do so? What drives him to the point of feeling that he needs to take such drastic measures? Why is he unable to carry out his plan every time he has an opportunity? What does this say about his level of commitment to his plan? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)