|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
2. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
3. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
4. Jesus sees a vision of what animal stomping on Babylon, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Rome?
5. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
2. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
3. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
4. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
5. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
6. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
7. What happens when Jesus and his disciples go to Magdala in Chapter 22?
8. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
9. How do Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate feel about Jesus after meeting him?
10. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Curse follows Jesus throughout the course of the novel. How is the Curse described? Why is it following Jesus? What is its purpose? What is the significance of its armored, animalistic appearance? Why is the Curse later referred to as a mother figure? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Mary Magdalene is an important character in "The Last Temptation of Christ." Why is her character so prominent, when she is merely a peripheral character in scripture? How is her relationship with Jesus in the novel different from their relationship in scripture? Why? How does her prominence, as a character, reflect on the events of Jesus's life? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Mary is hailed as the blessed mother of the Son of God, but in "The Last Temptation of Christ," she often feels far from blessed. What does Mary want for her only son? Why is she always upset about the situation Jesus is in? How does she feel about God's involvement in her and her son's life? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)