|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
2. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
3. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
4. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
5. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
2. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
3. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
4. What visions does Jesus see while he is in the desert?
5. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
6. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
7. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
8. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
9. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
10. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jesus's disciples follow him, but with varying degrees of devotion, and all are cowardly when the time comes for Jesus's execution. Why do some of the disciples choose to follow Jesus, despite all of their doubts? Why does their courage fail them when Jesus is being executed? Why does Simon still stand by Jesus when the others won't and condemn them for their timidity? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Jesus goes into the desert in an attempt to communicate directly with God. Abbot Joachim starves himself in a similar attempt. Who else performs extreme actions to gain the attention of God? Why do they find it necessary to go to such extreme measures to communicate with God? How effective are these methods? What is the final result of their attempts? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Jesus prevents an angry mob from stoning Mary Magdalene. Why did the mob want to stone her? What crime did she commit? What logic does Jesus use to stop the mob from stoning her? Why does he save her? What effect does his saving her have on their relationship,? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)