|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
2. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
3. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
4. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
5. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
2. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
3. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
4. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
5. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
6. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
7. What visions does Jesus see while he is in the desert?
8. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
9. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
10. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jerusalem has become a filthy place full of corruption and squalor; even those who make pilgrimages there are soon corrupted by it. What happened to the city of Jerusalem, which allowed it to fall into such disrepair? What is Jesus supposed to do to restore Jerusalem to its former glory? How is he supposed to take his place on the throne of Jerusalem? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Judas spends most of his time struggling with whether or not to kill Jesus. Why does he want to do so? What drives him to the point of feeling that he needs to take such drastic measures? Why is he unable to carry out his plan every time he has an opportunity? What does this say about his level of commitment to his plan? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
The angel with the green wings is the last one to tempt Jesus and shows him what he could have had if he had not chosen to follow the path God laid out for him. What effect does the angel's interference have on Jesus? How does it change Jesus's attitude toward the events of his life and his crucifixion? Who sent the angel? Why? What is its purpose? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)