|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
2. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
3. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
4. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
5. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
2. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
3. What happens when Jesus and his disciples go to Magdala in Chapter 22?
4. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
5. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
6. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
7. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
8. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
9. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
10. What does Jesus do in Cana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judas spends most of his time struggling with whether or not to kill Jesus. Why does he want to do so? What drives him to the point of feeling that he needs to take such drastic measures? Why is he unable to carry out his plan every time he has an opportunity? What does this say about his level of commitment to his plan? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Jesus praises Nathaniel for giving an answer that goes contrary to the law because the law goes contrary to Jesus's heart. What does Jesus feel is wrong with the existing laws? How does he propose fixing them? What, specifically, does he disagree with? Why? Is there a difference between something that is legal and something that is just? If so, what is it? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Jesus prevents an angry mob from stoning Mary Magdalene. Why did the mob want to stone her? What crime did she commit? What logic does Jesus use to stop the mob from stoning her? Why does he save her? What effect does his saving her have on their relationship,? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)