Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "The Curse"?
2. What does Andrew call Jesus?
3. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
4. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
5. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
2. How does the novel end?
3. What happens to Mary Magdalene in Chapter 30?
4. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
5. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
6. What do Philip and Judas talk about after Judas leaves Capernaum?
7. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
8. Who does Jesus see when he returns to consciousness in Chapter 30?
9. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
10. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
Essay Topic 1
Jerusalem has become a filthy place full of corruption and squalor; even those who make pilgrimages there are soon corrupted by it. What happened to the city of Jerusalem, which allowed it to fall into such disrepair? What is Jesus supposed to do to restore Jerusalem to its former glory? How is he supposed to take his place on the throne of Jerusalem? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Jesus prevents an angry mob from stoning Mary Magdalene. Why did the mob want to stone her? What crime did she commit? What logic does Jesus use to stop the mob from stoning her? Why does he save her? What effect does his saving her have on their relationship,? Why? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Mary Magdalene is an important character in "The Last Temptation of Christ." Why is her character so prominent, when she is merely a peripheral character in scripture? How is her relationship with Jesus in the novel different from their relationship in scripture? Why? How does her prominence, as a character, reflect on the events of Jesus's life? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)