Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "The Curse"?
2. What does Andrew call Jesus?
3. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
4. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
5. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
2. How does the novel end?
3. What happens to Mary Magdalene in Chapter 30?
4. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
5. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
6. What do Philip and Judas talk about after Judas leaves Capernaum?
7. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
8. Who does Jesus see when he returns to consciousness in Chapter 30?
9. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
10. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
Pontius Pilate dismisses Jesus as harmless, though there are others, such as Annas and Caiaphas, who feel that he is a revolutionary and a threat to Rome. Why isn't Pilate as concerned about Jesus as the others are? Why is Pilate initially reluctant to condemn Jesus? Why does he eventually comply with the others' wishes to crucify him, even though he doesn't see him as a threat? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Jesus is tormented by dreams and visions. God and Satan are constantly battling for Jesus's allegiance. What tricks does the Devil employ to try and gain Jesus's loyalty? How is Jesus able to tell the difference between the Devil's tricks and God's messengers? Are there situations in which he is confused about whether it is God or the Devil communicating with him? If so, what are they? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
The angel with the green wings is the last one to tempt Jesus and shows him what he could have had if he had not chosen to follow the path God laid out for him. What effect does the angel's interference have on Jesus? How does it change Jesus's attitude toward the events of his life and his crucifixion? Who sent the angel? Why? What is its purpose? Be sure to cite specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)