|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
2. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
(c) A mirage.
3. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(b) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
(c) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
(d) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
4. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(b) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(c) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(d) They won't stay and protect him.
5. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
2. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
3. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
4. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
5. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
2. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
3. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
4. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
5. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
6. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
7. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
8. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
9. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
10. How do Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate feel about Jesus after meeting him?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)