|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) A crown of thorns.
(b) Claw marks.
(c) Hornlike flames.
(d) A cross of white light.
2. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(b) He is not loving enough.
(c) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
(d) He is too soft and sympathetic.
3. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
(b) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(c) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
(d) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
4. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is beaten.
(b) She is disowned.
(c) She is dragged away.
(d) She is slapped.
5. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
2. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
3. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
4. What are Alpha and Omega?
5. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
2. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
3. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
4. What visions does Jesus see while he is in the desert?
5. How does Jesus change the significance of the paschal meal?
6. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
7. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
8. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
9. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
10. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)