|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Healing a leper.
(b) Multiplying bread and fish.
(c) Walking on water.
(d) Turning water into wine.
2. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
3. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
4. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) A cross of white light.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) Claw marks.
(d) Hornlike flames.
5. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
(b) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(c) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
(d) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
2. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
3. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
4. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
5. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus do in Cana?
2. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
3. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
4. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
5. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
6. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
7. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
8. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
9. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
10. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)