|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
2. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is murdered.
3. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
(a) A mirage.
4. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To prevent his crucifixion.
(b) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(c) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(d) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
5. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
(b) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(c) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
(d) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
2. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
3. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
4. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
5. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus do in Cana?
2. How does Jesus change the significance of the paschal meal?
3. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
4. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
5. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
6. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
7. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
8. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
9. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
10. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)