|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
2. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(b) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(c) To prevent his crucifixion.
(d) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
3. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
4. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(b) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(c) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(d) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
5. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(b) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
(c) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(d) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
2. Why does Jerusalem stink?
3. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
4. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
5. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
2. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
3. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
4. What visions does Jesus see while he is in the desert?
5. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
6. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
7. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
8. What happens when Jesus and his disciples go to Magdala in Chapter 22?
9. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
10. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)