|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
(a) The saviors of mankind.
(b) Nine uninvited mouths to feed.
(c) Nuisances, who try to push their views on others.
(d) He feels ambivalent toward them.
2. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) Being suckled by a lioness.
(b) God and Satan clashing over him.
(c) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
(d) His birth.
3. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
(a) A poor fisherman.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A hated customs officer.
(d) A Roman emissary.
4. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(b) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(c) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(d) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
5. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
(b) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
(c) The fish dance.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
2. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
3. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
4. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
5. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
2. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
3. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
4. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
5. What does Jesus do in Cana?
6. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
7. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
8. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
9. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
10. How do Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate feel about Jesus after meeting him?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)