|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man Jesus heals in Cana wants Jesus's help with _______.
(a) Convincing the governor to help him.
(b) Leading the Israeli rebels.
(c) Preaching the kingdom of God to his congregation.
(d) Healing his paralyzed daughter.
2. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(b) He is too soft and sympathetic.
(c) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
(d) He is not loving enough.
3. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Nathaniel and Philip.
(b) Matthew and Thomas.
(c) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(d) Philip and Matthew.
4. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(b) Expand them.
(c) Keep them the way they are.
(d) Abolish them.
5. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being the Messiah.
(b) Knowing his disciples.
(c) Being a king, in a political sense.
(d) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
2. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
3. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
4. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
5. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
2. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
3. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
4. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
5. What visions does Jesus see while he is in the desert?
6. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
7. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
8. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
9. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
10. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)