|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
(a) Jesus's weakness.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) The cruelty of God.
(d) The Messiah.
2. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
3. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(b) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(c) To prevent his crucifixion.
(d) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
4. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
5. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is accused of blasphemy.
(d) He is accused of treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
2. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
3. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
4. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
5. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
2. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
3. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
5. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
6. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
7. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
8. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
9. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
10. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)