|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
2. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
3. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
(b) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(c) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
(d) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
4. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(b) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(c) To prevent his crucifixion.
(d) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
5. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(b) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(c) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(d) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
2. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
3. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
4. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
5. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
2. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
3. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
4. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
5. How do Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate feel about Jesus after meeting him?
6. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
7. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
8. What happens when Jesus and his disciples go to Magdala in Chapter 22?
9. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
10. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)