|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The green serpent.
(b) The rabid dog.
(c) The scapegoat.
(d) The old vulture.
2. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
(b) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(c) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(d) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
3. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Expand them.
(b) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(c) Keep them the way they are.
(d) Abolish them.
4. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(b) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(c) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(d) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
5. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
2. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
3. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
4. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
5. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
2. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
3. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
4. How does Jesus change the significance of the paschal meal?
5. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
6. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
7. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
8. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
9. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
10. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)