|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Keep a lower profile.
(b) Stop preaching.
(c) Make some friends in the Roman government.
(d) Return to Galilee.
2. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Weaving baskets.
(c) Distributing winter clothing.
(d) Gutting and cleaning fish.
3. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
(b) He asks Judas not to help him.
(c) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
(d) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
4. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
(b) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
(c) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(d) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
5. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(b) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(c) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(d) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
2. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
3. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
4. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
5. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
2. What visions does Jesus see while he is in the desert?
3. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
4. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
5. What does Jesus do in Cana?
6. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
7. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
8. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
9. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
10. How does Jesus react when he reads what Matthew has written in scripture?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)