|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
(b) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
(c) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(d) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
2. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
(a) A giant clay statue.
(b) A vast ocean.
(c) A circus.
(d) A giant bird of prey.
3. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
(a) By kissing Jesus's feet and swearing allegiance to him.
(b) By being baptised.
(c) Without any ritual whatsoever.
(d) With bread and wine.
4. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
5. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
(b) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
(c) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
(d) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
2. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
3. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
4. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
5. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
2. How does Jesus change the significance of the paschal meal?
3. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
4. What do Jesus's disciples do after Jesus is captured by the mob at Gethsemane?
5. What does Jesus say to Pilate, regarding Rome, the first time they meet?
6. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
7. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
8. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
9. What does a bird tell Jesus about Heaven and Hell?
10. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)