|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The fish dance.
(c) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
(d) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
2. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The green serpent.
(b) The scapegoat.
(c) The rabid dog.
(d) The old vulture.
3. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
(b) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(c) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
(d) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
4. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
5. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is the Son of God.
(b) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
(c) He says he is the Messiah.
(d) He says he is God himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
2. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
3. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
5. What do Philip and Nathaniel borrow for Jesus as Spring approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the position of Lazarus at the end of Chapter 25?
2. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
3. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
4. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
5. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
6. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
7. How do Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate feel about Jesus after meeting him?
8. What does Judas see in Jesus's hand that makes him want to follow Jesus?
9. What does Matthew do while Jesus and the other disciples sleep?
10. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)