|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
2. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The fish dance.
(c) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
(d) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
3. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is slapped.
(b) She is disowned.
(c) She is beaten.
(d) She is dragged away.
4. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
(b) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
(c) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
(d) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
5. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
2. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
3. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
4. Jesus sees a vision of what animal stomping on Babylon, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Rome?
5. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesus change the significance of the paschal meal?
2. Why does Barabbas confront Jesus at Simon's Inn?
3. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
4. What does Jesus declare in Jerusalem that makes Simeon afraid?
5. What does the angel who visits Matthew in Capernaum demand of him?
6. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
7. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
8. What does Jesus ask of Judas before he sees Pilate?
9. Why are Jesus and his disciples hiding in Simon's inn?
10. What happens to Jesus and his disciples in the temple of Jerusalem?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)