|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is not the Messiah.
(c) He is afraid to leave his mother's house.
(d) Fear drives him into the desert.
2. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) John is home.
(b) Judas is helping them.
(c) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
(d) Jesus is coming to visit.
3. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
(a) Committing every conceivable sin to make God detest him.
(b) Hiding himself in the monastery.
(c) Helping his disciples to see him as human.
(d) Doing what he can to keep the Romans out of Nazareth.
4. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
(a) Working on the Sabbath is not a sin worthy of a stoning.
(b) If they want to stone her, they will have to stone him as well.
(c) Only one who is sinless may throw the first stone.
(d) They cannot stone her without first conducting a fair trial.
5. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is crucified.
(b) He is pursued as "The One."
(c) He rises to Heaven.
(d) He is sent to Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
2. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
3. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
4. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
5. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
2. What does Jesus say to comfort the poor in Capernaum, who look to him for guidance?
3. What does the Zealot do immediately before and during his crucifixion?
4. How does Jesus's mother feel when she sees Jesus carrying the cross at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why does the mob chase Mary Magdalene to Capernaum?
6. What is the subject of Joachim's last speech to the monks?
7. What does Simeon advise Jesus to do, in Chapter 10, and how does Jesus respond?
8. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
9. What is the Curse?
10. In Chapter 11, what does Simeon say to Jesus about the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)