|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
(a) Jesus reminds Judas that murderers do not go to Heaven.
(b) Jesus invites him to strike.
(c) Jesus threatens Judas in return.
(d) Jesus calls for help.
2. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
(b) To become their Abbot.
(c) To help them spread their message.
(d) To live in the desert monastery with them.
3. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Get baptized.
(b) Get married.
(c) Make a pilgrimage.
(d) Be exorcised.
4. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He tells them not to impede God's will.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He encourages them.
5. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
2. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
3. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
4. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
5. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
2. What does Jesus tells Simeon at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
4. What transpires between Jesus and Ananias?
5. Why is Abbot Joachim dying?
6. What does Jesus do to defend Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
7. Why does Judas Iscariot visit Jesus at the beginning of the novel?
8. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
9. How does Jesus meet Zebedee?
10. How does Jesus's mother feel when she sees Jesus carrying the cross at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)