|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Bless his nephew's wedding.
(b) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
(c) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
(d) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
2. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) The Kingdom of God.
(b) The blessedness of the poor.
(c) God's commandment to love one another.
(d) Purifying fire.
3. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(b) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(c) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(d) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
4. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is sent to Hell.
(b) He rises to Heaven.
(c) He is crucified.
(d) He is pursued as "The One."
5. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
(b) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
(c) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(d) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
2. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
3. Jacob sees Jesus in Magdala, and mentally compares him to whom?
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. Why does Jacob resist when Barabbas drags Mary Magdalene out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Abbot Joachim dying?
2. What do Jesus and Zebedee discuss when Jesus and his disciples return to Capernaum?
3. What does the angel tell Jesus about Mary Magdalene after her death?
4. In Chapter 11, what does Simeon say to Jesus about the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah?
5. What does Jesus do to defend Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
6. What kind of life does Jesus lead with Mary and Martha?
7. What happens when Jesus meets John the Baptist?
8. What does Jesus do in Cana?
9. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
10. How do Annas, Caiaphas, and Pilate feel about Jesus after meeting him?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)