|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
2. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
3. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He encourages them.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He tells them not to impede God's will.
4. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(b) She is an atheist.
(c) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(d) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
5. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he believes he is the Messiah.
(b) If he is certain about his faith in God.
(c) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(d) If he wants to be worshipped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
3. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
4. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
5. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
3. Why is Abbot Joachim dying?
4. What does the Zealot do immediately before and during his crucifixion?
5. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
6. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
7. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
8. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
9. What does Simeon advise Jesus to do, in Chapter 10, and how does Jesus respond?
10. Why does the mob chase Mary Magdalene to Capernaum?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)