|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pity and mercy can save humankind.
(b) Pity must be put into action, through love and mercy.
(c) Pity is not enough; there must also be love.
(d) Love is only an idea, unless he who loves is also merciful.
2. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
3. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
(a) He loves her.
(b) Fear drives him into the desert.
(c) He is afraid to leave his mother's house.
(d) He is not the Messiah.
4. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Get married.
(b) Make a pilgrimage.
(c) Be exorcised.
(d) Get baptized.
5. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
(a) Work ethic.
(c) The Messiah.
(d) Slavery to the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
2. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
3. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
4. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
5. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
2. Why does Judas Iscariot visit Jesus at the beginning of the novel?
3. What unpleasant sensation does Jesus often experience?
4. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
5. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
6. Why is Abbot Joachim dying?
7. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
8. What do Mary and Simeon talk about when he visits her in Chapter 5?
9. What do Philip and Judas talk about after Judas leaves Capernaum?
10. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)