|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) Judas is helping them.
(b) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
(c) Jesus is coming to visit.
(d) John is home.
2. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With disappointment.
(b) With love.
(c) With pity.
(d) With anger.
3. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A dove.
(d) An owl.
4. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(b) What signals Jesus receives from God.
(c) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(d) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
5. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
(a) Philip does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) Philip despises Jesus's father.
(c) Philip is in love with Mary Magdalene.
(d) Jesus is a cross-maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "The Curse"?
2. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
3. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
4. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
5. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mary and Simeon talk about when he visits her in Chapter 5?
2. How does Jesus meet Zebedee?
3. What is the significance of the snakes, according to Jeroboam, Simeon, and Jesus?
4. What is the subject of Joachim's last speech to the monks?
5. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
6. How does Jesus's mother feel when she sees Jesus carrying the cross at the beginning of the novel?
7. What does the Zealot do immediately before and during his crucifixion?
8. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
9. What does Jesus tells Simeon at the end of Chapter 10?
10. What transpires between Jesus and Ananias?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)