|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
(b) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
(c) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
(d) Bless his nephew's wedding.
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(b) Why he has them.
(c) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(d) What he has to do to make them stop.
3. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(b) To get Simeon.
(c) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(d) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(b) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(c) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(d) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
5. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
2. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
3. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
4. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
5. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Judas decide not to kill Jesus at the monastery?
2. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
3. How does Jesus meet Zebedee?
4. What does Jesus tells Simeon at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
6. What do Jesus and Nathaniel talk about at the wedding of Nathaniel's nephew?
7. Why does Judas Iscariot visit Jesus at the beginning of the novel?
8. What does Jesus do to defend Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
9. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
10. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)