|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) The Zealot.
(d) John the Baptist.
2. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
(a) Jesus reminds Judas that murderers do not go to Heaven.
(b) Jesus invites him to strike.
(c) Jesus calls for help.
(d) Jesus threatens Judas in return.
3. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With love.
(b) With disappointment.
(c) With anger.
(d) With pity.
4. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he wants to be worshipped.
(b) If he is certain about his faith in God.
(c) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(d) If he believes he is the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
2. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
3. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
5. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
3. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
4. What is the Curse?
5. What do Philip and Judas talk about after Judas leaves Capernaum?
6. What does Simeon advise Jesus to do, in Chapter 10, and how does Jesus respond?
7. What is the subject of Joachim's last speech to the monks?
8. What unpleasant sensation does Jesus often experience?
9. What does the Zealot do immediately before and during his crucifixion?
10. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)