|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
2. Where do the ten fishermen work?
3. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) What he has to do to make them stop.
(b) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(c) Why he has them.
(d) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
5. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She screams "Adonai!"
(b) She slaps Jesus.
(c) She collapses.
(d) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
2. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
3. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
4. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
5. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jesus meet Zebedee?
2. What are Jesus's beliefs regarding the Messiah at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Simeon advise Jesus to do, in Chapter 10, and how does Jesus respond?
4. What is the significance of the snakes, according to Jeroboam, Simeon, and Jesus?
5. Why is Abbot Joachim dying?
6. Why does Judas decide not to kill Jesus at the monastery?
7. How does Jesus's mother feel when she sees Jesus carrying the cross at the beginning of the novel?
8. In Chapter 11, what does Simeon say to Jesus about the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah?
9. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
10. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)