|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(b) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(c) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(d) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
2. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
3. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(b) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(c) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(d) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
4. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(b) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(c) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(d) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
5. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he believes he is the Messiah.
(b) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(c) If he wants to be worshipped.
(d) If he is certain about his faith in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
2. What does Andrew call Jesus?
3. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
4. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
5. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jesus and Nathaniel talk about at the wedding of Nathaniel's nephew?
2. How does Jesus meet Zebedee?
3. Why does the mob chase Mary Magdalene to Capernaum?
4. What do Philip and Judas talk about after Judas leaves Capernaum?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
6. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
7. What does the Zealot do immediately before and during his crucifixion?
8. What is the Curse?
9. What does Jesus do to defend Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
10. Why is Abbot Joachim dying?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)