|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) An owl.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A dove.
2. Where do the ten fishermen work?
3. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
(b) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
(c) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(d) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(b) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(c) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(d) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
5. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
(b) To help them spread their message.
(c) To live in the desert monastery with them.
(d) To become their Abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
3. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
4. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
5. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jerusalem described in Chapter 16?
2. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
3. Why does Simeon come to see Jesus in Capernaum?
4. Why does the mob chase Mary Magdalene to Capernaum?
5. What do Mary and Simeon talk about when he visits her in Chapter 5?
6. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
7. What happens when Jesus rides into Jerusalem in the spring?
8. Why does Judas Iscariot visit Jesus at the beginning of the novel?
9. What happens in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Passover meal?
10. What does Jesus say to comfort the poor in Capernaum, who look to him for guidance?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)