|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
(a) He has something to hide.
(b) He is a Roman spy.
(c) He is too timid to be the Messiah.
(d) He is ashamed to be in Magdala.
2. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Offers his other cheek.
(b) Slaps the person back.
(c) Ignores the slap completely.
(d) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
3. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
4. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Enter a desert monastery.
(b) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(c) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(d) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
5. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(b) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(c) She is an atheist.
(d) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
2. Where do the ten fishermen work?
3. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
4. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
5. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus do to defend Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
2. What are Jesus's beliefs regarding the Messiah at the beginning of the novel?
3. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
4. What does Jesus tells Simeon at the end of Chapter 10?
5. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
6. Why does Judas decide not to kill Jesus at the monastery?
7. What transpires between Jesus and Ananias?
8. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
9. What do Jesus and Nathaniel talk about at the wedding of Nathaniel's nephew?
10. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)