|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacob sees Jesus in Magdala, and mentally compares him to whom?
2. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
3. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
(b) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
(c) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
(d) Bless his nephew's wedding.
4. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(b) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(c) To go to the desert monastery.
(d) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
5. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(b) To make God detest him.
(c) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(d) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
2. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
5. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus say to comfort the poor in Capernaum, who look to him for guidance?
2. In Chapter 11, what does Simeon say to Jesus about the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah?
3. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
4. What are Jesus's beliefs regarding the Messiah at the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Jesus meet Zebedee?
6. What is the significance of the snakes, according to Jeroboam, Simeon, and Jesus?
7. What transpires between Jesus and Ananias?
8. What do Mary and Simeon talk about when he visits her in Chapter 5?
9. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
10. What is the subject of Joachim's last speech to the monks?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)