|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
2. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(b) Zebedee is his employer.
(c) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(d) He doesn't trust Judas.
3. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
(a) He loves her.
(b) Fear drives him into the desert.
(c) He is afraid to leave his mother's house.
(d) He is not the Messiah.
4. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
(a) The guards are detaining him because they think he is suspicious.
(b) The disciples ask him to wait and meet them there.
(c) A storm prevents him from leaving.
(d) He is being hunted, and Magdala is the only place where he is safe.
5. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(b) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(c) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(d) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
2. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
3. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
4. What does Andrew call Jesus?
5. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Jesus and Mary Magdalene at sunset, on Jesus's first night in Magdala?
2. Why does Judas Iscariot visit Jesus at the beginning of the novel?
3. How does Jesus's mother feel when she sees Jesus carrying the cross at the beginning of the novel?
4. Why doesn't Jesus propose to Mary Magdalene?
5. What is the significance of the snakes, according to Jeroboam, Simeon, and Jesus?
6. What is the Curse?
7. What unpleasant sensation does Jesus often experience?
8. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
9. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
10. Why does the mob chase Mary Magdalene to Capernaum?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)