|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(b) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
(c) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(d) What signals Jesus receives from God.
2. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(b) She is an atheist.
(c) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
(d) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
3. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
(a) They think she is a Roman spy.
(b) She refused Barabbas's advances.
(c) They know of her affiliation with Jesus.
(d) Barabbas caught her "working" on the Sabbath.
4. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
(a) They are cold.
(b) They are afraid of the Romans.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They are afraid of Zebedee.
5. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
(a) Jesus calls for help.
(b) Jesus reminds Judas that murderers do not go to Heaven.
(c) Jesus threatens Judas in return.
(d) Jesus invites him to strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
2. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
3. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
4. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
5. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Philip and Judas talk about after Judas leaves Capernaum?
2. Why does Judas decide not to kill Jesus at the monastery?
3. What does the Zealot do immediately before and during his crucifixion?
4. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
5. What does Jesus say to comfort the poor in Capernaum, who look to him for guidance?
6. What are Jesus's beliefs regarding the Messiah at the beginning of the novel?
7. What transpires between Jesus and Ananias?
8. In Chapter 11, what does Simeon say to Jesus about the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah?
9. At the beginning of the novel, how does Jesus feel about God's demands that he preach the Kingdom of Heaven?
10. How is Jesus described in Chapter 1?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)