|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
(a) They are afraid of the Romans.
(b) They are cold.
(c) They are afraid of Zebedee.
(d) They are hungry.
2. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pity and mercy can save humankind.
(b) Pity must be put into action, through love and mercy.
(c) Pity is not enough; there must also be love.
(d) Love is only an idea, unless he who loves is also merciful.
3. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(b) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(c) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(d) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
4. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(b) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(c) She is an atheist.
(d) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
5. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
2. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
3. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
4. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
5. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mob chase Mary Magdalene to Capernaum?
2. What does Jesus say to comfort the poor in Capernaum, who look to him for guidance?
3. What do Jesus and Nathaniel talk about at the wedding of Nathaniel's nephew?
4. What unpleasant sensation does Jesus often experience?
5. What is the Curse?
6. What does Jesus do to defend Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
7. Where does Jesus go in Chapter 6?
8. What occurs between Judas, Zebedee, and Philip when they meet in Capernaum during the storm?
9. In Chapter 11, what does Simeon say to Jesus about the possibility of Jesus being the Messiah?
10. What is the subject of Joachim's last speech to the monks?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)