|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
(b) Being a king, in a political sense.
(c) Knowing his disciples.
(d) Being the Messiah.
2. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
(a) He becomes fearful, and asks Jesus what he has to do.
(b) He banters with Jesus about doing very well in this Kingdom of Heaven.
(c) He pays attention, and asks intelligent questions.
(d) He is silent and thoughtful.
3. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
(b) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
(c) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
(d) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
4. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(b) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(c) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(d) He might be the true Messiah.
5. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is robbed.
6. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(b) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
(c) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
(d) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
7. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A Roman emissary.
(c) A poor fisherman.
(d) A hated customs officer.
8. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
(a) The cruelty of God.
(b) Mental illness.
(c) The Messiah.
(d) Jesus's weakness.
9. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
(a) The events that are currently transpiring.
(b) Jesus's teachings.
(c) Jesus's genealogy.
(d) God's divine will.
10. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Turning water into wine.
(b) Multiplying bread and fish.
(c) Healing a leper.
(d) Walking on water.
11. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is beaten.
(b) She is dragged away.
(c) She is slapped.
(d) She is disowned.
12. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
13. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
14. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bird.
(d) A butterfly.
15. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Distributing winter clothing.
(b) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(c) Weaving baskets.
(d) Churning butter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
2. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
3. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
4. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
5. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)