|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beheads John the Baptist?
2. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(b) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(c) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(d) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
3. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
(b) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(c) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(d) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
4. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(b) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
(c) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
(d) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
5. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
(b) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
(c) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
(d) He asks Judas not to help him.
6. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
(a) By kissing Jesus's feet and swearing allegiance to him.
(b) With bread and wine.
(c) Without any ritual whatsoever.
(d) By being baptised.
7. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He is accused of blasphemy.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is accused of treason.
(d) He dies.
8. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(b) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(c) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(d) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
9. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
10. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
(a) Water with lemon.
(c) Goat's milk.
11. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Multiplying bread and fish.
(b) Turning water into wine.
(c) Walking on water.
(d) Healing a leper.
12. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To prevent his crucifixion.
(b) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(c) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(d) To protect his disciples in his absence.
13. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(b) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
(c) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
(d) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
14. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is the Son of God.
(b) He says he is the Messiah.
(c) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
(d) He says he is God himself.
15. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
(b) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
(c) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(d) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
2. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
3. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
4. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
5. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)