|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
(a) A hated customs officer.
(b) A poor fisherman.
(c) A Roman emissary.
(d) A carpenter.
2. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
3. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) To Golgotha.
(c) To Nazareth.
(d) To Bethany.
4. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Keep them the way they are.
(b) Expand them.
(c) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(d) Abolish them.
5. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(b) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(c) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(d) They won't stay and protect him.
6. What are Alpha and Omega?
(a) Nicknames for two of Jesus's disciples.
(b) A reference to Creation and Armageddon.
(c) Terms for Jesus's birth and his death.
(d) A reference to seven angels who, supposedly, will descend from Heaven to destroy the Earth and open the Abyss.
7. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The old vulture.
(b) The green serpent.
(c) The rabid dog.
(d) The scapegoat.
8. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being sentenced to death.
(b) Last-minute cowardice.
(c) Being unable to carry out his mission.
(d) Losing the faith of his followers.
9. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(b) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(c) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
(d) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
10. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is the Son of God.
(b) He says he is the Messiah.
(c) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
(d) He says he is God himself.
11. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
(b) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
(c) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(d) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
12. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(b) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(c) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(d) To prevent his crucifixion.
13. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
14. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
15. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
2. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
3. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
4. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
5. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)