|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
(a) A vast ocean.
(b) A giant bird of prey.
(c) A giant clay statue.
(d) A circus.
2. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
(a) To spread his teachings to the people of Jerusalem.
(b) To help prepare David's throne for Jesus's ascension.
(c) To try to enlist the help of the Israelites there.
(d) To confirm Passover plans.
3. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
(b) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
(c) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(d) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
4. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
5. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(b) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(c) He might be the true Messiah.
(d) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
6. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
(b) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
(c) He asks Judas not to help him.
(d) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
7. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He is accused of blasphemy.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is accused of treason.
8. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
9. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
10. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The green serpent.
(b) The old vulture.
(c) The rabid dog.
(d) The scapegoat.
11. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(b) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
(c) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(d) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
12. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
13. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) A crown of thorns.
(b) Hornlike flames.
(c) Claw marks.
(d) A cross of white light.
14. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
15. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
2. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
3. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
4. Who beheads John the Baptist?
5. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)