|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
(b) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(c) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(d) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
2. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) God and Satan clashing over him.
(b) Being suckled by a lioness.
(c) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
(d) His birth.
3. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being a king, in a political sense.
(b) Knowing his disciples.
(c) Being the Messiah.
(d) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
4. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
(b) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
(c) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
(d) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
5. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being sentenced to death.
(b) Losing the faith of his followers.
(c) Being unable to carry out his mission.
(d) Last-minute cowardice.
6. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
(b) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(c) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(d) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
7. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
8. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Abolish them.
(b) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(c) Keep them the way they are.
(d) Expand them.
9. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
10. What are Alpha and Omega?
(a) A reference to seven angels who, supposedly, will descend from Heaven to destroy the Earth and open the Abyss.
(b) A reference to Creation and Armageddon.
(c) Terms for Jesus's birth and his death.
(d) Nicknames for two of Jesus's disciples.
11. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
(b) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
(c) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
(d) He asks Judas not to help him.
12. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
13. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(b) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(c) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(d) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
14. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
(b) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(c) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(d) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
15. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Nathaniel and Philip.
(b) Matthew and Thomas.
(c) Philip and Matthew.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
2. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
3. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
4. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
5. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)