|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(b) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
(c) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(d) She abandons everything and follows them.
2. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
(a) A vast ocean.
(b) A giant clay statue.
(c) A giant bird of prey.
(d) A circus.
3. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(c) Weaving baskets.
(d) Distributing winter clothing.
4. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(b) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(c) He might be the true Messiah.
(d) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
5. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
(b) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
(c) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
(d) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
6. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Expand them.
(b) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(c) Keep them the way they are.
(d) Abolish them.
7. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Turning water into wine.
(b) Walking on water.
(c) Multiplying bread and fish.
(d) Healing a leper.
8. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
(b) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
(c) He asks Judas not to help him.
(d) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
9. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
10. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) Being suckled by a lioness.
(b) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
(c) God and Satan clashing over him.
(d) His birth.
11. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(b) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(c) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(d) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
12. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Matthew and Thomas.
(b) Philip and Matthew.
(c) Nathaniel and Philip.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
13. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(b) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(c) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(d) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
14. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
15. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
2. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
3. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
4. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
5. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)