|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
(b) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
(c) He asks Judas not to help him.
(d) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
2. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(b) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(c) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
(d) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
3. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They won't stay and protect him.
(b) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(c) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(d) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
4. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
5. The man Jesus heals in Cana wants Jesus's help with _______.
(a) Healing his paralyzed daughter.
(b) Convincing the governor to help him.
(c) Preaching the kingdom of God to his congregation.
(d) Leading the Israeli rebels.
6. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(b) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(c) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(d) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
7. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He is accused of blasphemy.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He dies.
(d) He is accused of treason.
8. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
9. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
(b) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(c) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(d) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
10. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
11. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is proud of Jacob.
(b) He is appalled.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is touched by the sentiment.
12. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(b) Distributing winter clothing.
(c) Weaving baskets.
(d) Churning butter.
13. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She abandons everything and follows them.
(b) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(c) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(d) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
14. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
15. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Alpha and Omega?
2. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
3. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
4. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
5. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)