|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(b) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(c) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
(d) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
2. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
3. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
(a) To try to enlist the help of the Israelites there.
(b) To spread his teachings to the people of Jerusalem.
(c) To help prepare David's throne for Jesus's ascension.
(d) To confirm Passover plans.
4. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
(a) The saviors of mankind.
(b) Nine uninvited mouths to feed.
(c) He feels ambivalent toward them.
(d) Nuisances, who try to push their views on others.
5. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
(a) Weaving a special cloak for Jesus.
(b) Helping Jesus's mother and father with their chores.
(c) Going to the river Jordan to be baptised.
(d) Traveling to Nazareth to receive his blessing.
6. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
(a) He is not assertive enough.
(b) He is preaching about the wrong things.
(c) He has wasted help on an enemy.
(d) He refuses to fight back to save himself.
7. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Keep them the way they are.
(b) Abolish them.
(c) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(d) Expand them.
8. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
(a) By kissing Jesus's feet and swearing allegiance to him.
(b) Without any ritual whatsoever.
(c) By being baptised.
(d) With bread and wine.
9. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is arrested.
10. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(b) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(c) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
(d) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
11. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
12. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is slapped.
(b) She is beaten.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She is dragged away.
13. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is touched by the sentiment.
(c) He is appalled.
(d) He is proud of Jacob.
14. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
(a) A rich man, whose wealth vanishes when he dies.
(b) A poor man who is rich in God's love.
(c) A poor man who splits his crust of bread with a beggar and becomes rich.
(d) A fisherman who gives his first catch of the day to a beggar.
15. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Multiplying bread and fish.
(b) Healing a leper.
(c) Turning water into wine.
(d) Walking on water.
Short Answer Questions
1. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
2. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
3. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
4. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
5. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)