|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
2. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
(a) To Nazareth.
(b) To Golgotha.
(c) To Bethany.
(d) To Jerusalem.
3. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is murdered.
4. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(b) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(c) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
(d) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
5. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) He is too soft and sympathetic.
(b) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(c) He is not loving enough.
(d) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
6. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(b) Keep them the way they are.
(c) Abolish them.
(d) Expand them.
7. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
(b) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(c) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
(d) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
8. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
(b) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(c) She abandons everything and follows them.
(d) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
9. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He might be the true Messiah.
(b) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(c) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(d) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
10. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
(a) With bread and wine.
(b) By being baptised.
(c) Without any ritual whatsoever.
(d) By kissing Jesus's feet and swearing allegiance to him.
11. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
12. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is accused of treason.
(c) He is accused of blasphemy.
(d) He dies.
13. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
(a) An angry mob.
(b) The invisible claws.
(c) The Curse.
(d) A fiery, menacing angel.
14. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
15. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(b) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(c) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(d) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
2. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
3. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
4. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
5. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)