|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
2. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
3. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
(b) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
(c) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(d) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
4. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is accused of treason.
(c) He is accused of blasphemy.
(d) He dies.
5. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
6. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
(a) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(b) Jacob and Thomas.
(c) Peter and Jacob.
(d) Nathaniel and Peter.
7. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
(a) A poor man who is rich in God's love.
(b) A poor man who splits his crust of bread with a beggar and becomes rich.
(c) A rich man, whose wealth vanishes when he dies.
(d) A fisherman who gives his first catch of the day to a beggar.
8. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being a king, in a political sense.
(b) Knowing his disciples.
(c) Being the Messiah.
(d) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
9. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is disowned.
(b) She is beaten.
(c) She is slapped.
(d) She is dragged away.
10. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(b) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(c) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(d) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
11. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
12. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(b) To prevent his crucifixion.
(c) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(d) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
13. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(b) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
(c) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(d) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
14. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Weaving baskets.
(d) Distributing winter clothing.
15. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(b) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(c) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(d) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
2. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
3. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
4. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
5. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)