|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is murdered.
2. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
3. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(b) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(c) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(d) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
4. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He might be the true Messiah.
(b) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(c) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(d) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
5. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Philip and Matthew.
(b) Nathaniel and Philip.
(c) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(d) Matthew and Thomas.
6. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
7. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(b) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(c) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
(d) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
8. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
(a) The Curse.
(b) The invisible claws.
(c) An angry mob.
(d) A fiery, menacing angel.
9. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
(a) Going to the river Jordan to be baptised.
(b) Weaving a special cloak for Jesus.
(c) Helping Jesus's mother and father with their chores.
(d) Traveling to Nazareth to receive his blessing.
10. Jesus sees a vision of what animal stomping on Babylon, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Rome?
(a) A lion.
(b) A wild horse.
(c) A cougar.
(d) An elephant.
11. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
(b) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(c) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
(d) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
12. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
(a) Water with lemon.
(d) Goat's milk.
13. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
(b) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
(c) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
(d) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
14. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is dragged away.
(b) She is beaten.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She is slapped.
15. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being the Messiah.
(b) Knowing his disciples.
(c) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
(d) Being a king, in a political sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jerusalem stink?
2. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
3. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
4. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
5. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)