|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
(a) Being a Roman emissary.
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Stealing from the governor.
(d) Being a heretic.
2. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) To Bethany.
(c) To Nazareth.
(d) To Golgotha.
3. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To prevent his crucifixion.
(b) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(c) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(d) To protect his disciples in his absence.
4. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Keep a lower profile.
(b) Stop preaching.
(c) Make some friends in the Roman government.
(d) Return to Galilee.
5. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
6. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
7. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
(b) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
(c) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
(d) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
8. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
9. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(b) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(c) He might be the true Messiah.
(d) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
10. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
11. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
12. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He is accused of treason.
(b) He dies.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is accused of blasphemy.
13. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
(a) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(b) Nathaniel and Peter.
(c) Peter and Jacob.
(d) Jacob and Thomas.
14. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(b) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(c) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
(d) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
15. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(b) Nathaniel and Philip.
(c) Matthew and Thomas.
(d) Philip and Matthew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
2. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
3. Who beheads John the Baptist?
4. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
5. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)