|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being unable to carry out his mission.
(b) Being sentenced to death.
(c) Last-minute cowardice.
(d) Losing the faith of his followers.
2. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(b) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
(c) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
(d) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
3. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(b) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(c) He might be the true Messiah.
(d) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
4. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is beaten.
(b) She is slapped.
(c) She is dragged away.
(d) She is disowned.
5. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
6. Who beheads John the Baptist?
7. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
(a) He is preaching about the wrong things.
(b) He has wasted help on an enemy.
(c) He refuses to fight back to save himself.
(d) He is not assertive enough.
8. What do Philip and Nathaniel borrow for Jesus as Spring approaches?
(a) A new cloak.
(b) A chariot.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A boat.
9. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Churning butter.
(b) Distributing winter clothing.
(c) Weaving baskets.
(d) Gutting and cleaning fish.
10. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
11. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(b) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(c) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
(d) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
12. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(b) To prevent his crucifixion.
(c) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(d) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
13. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(b) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(c) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(d) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
14. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Nathaniel and Philip.
(b) Matthew and Thomas.
(c) Philip and Matthew.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
15. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
(a) God's divine will.
(b) Jesus's genealogy.
(c) Jesus's teachings.
(d) The events that are currently transpiring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
2. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
3. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
4. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
5. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)