|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
2. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
(a) Being a heretic.
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Stealing from the governor.
(d) Being a Roman emissary.
3. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
4. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(b) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(c) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(d) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
5. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
(a) Going to the river Jordan to be baptised.
(b) Weaving a special cloak for Jesus.
(c) Traveling to Nazareth to receive his blessing.
(d) Helping Jesus's mother and father with their chores.
6. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Distributing winter clothing.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(d) Weaving baskets.
7. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
(b) He says he is the Messiah.
(c) He says he is the Son of God.
(d) He says he is God himself.
8. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Philip and Matthew.
(b) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(c) Matthew and Thomas.
(d) Nathaniel and Philip.
9. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
(b) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(c) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
(d) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
10. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
11. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being unable to carry out his mission.
(b) Being sentenced to death.
(c) Last-minute cowardice.
(d) Losing the faith of his followers.
12. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
(b) A mirage.
13. What do Philip and Nathaniel borrow for Jesus as Spring approaches?
(a) A chariot.
(b) A boat.
(c) A new cloak.
(d) A donkey.
14. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
(a) By being baptised.
(b) By kissing Jesus's feet and swearing allegiance to him.
(c) With bread and wine.
(d) Without any ritual whatsoever.
15. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Nuisances, who try to push their views on others.
(b) He feels ambivalent toward them.
(c) The saviors of mankind.
(d) Nine uninvited mouths to feed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
2. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
3. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
4. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
5. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)