|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
2. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(b) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
(c) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(d) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
3. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
(b) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
(c) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
(d) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
4. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Return to Galilee.
(b) Stop preaching.
(c) Make some friends in the Roman government.
(d) Keep a lower profile.
5. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
(a) Keep them the way they are.
(b) Abolish them.
(c) Jesus doesn't concern himself with worldly Laws.
(d) Expand them.
6. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
7. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
8. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
(a) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(b) Jacob and Thomas.
(c) Nathaniel and Peter.
(d) Peter and Jacob.
9. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(b) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(c) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(d) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
10. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(b) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(c) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(d) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
11. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
(a) A poor fisherman.
(b) A Roman emissary.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A hated customs officer.
12. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being unable to carry out his mission.
(b) Last-minute cowardice.
(c) Losing the faith of his followers.
(d) Being sentenced to death.
13. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(b) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(c) To prevent his crucifixion.
(d) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
14. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
(a) God's divine will.
(b) The events that are currently transpiring.
(c) Jesus's genealogy.
(d) Jesus's teachings.
15. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
(b) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(c) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(d) She abandons everything and follows them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
2. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
3. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
4. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
5. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)