|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
2. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is proud of Jacob.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is touched by the sentiment.
(d) He is appalled.
3. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
(a) He is preaching about the wrong things.
(b) He refuses to fight back to save himself.
(c) He is not assertive enough.
(d) He has wasted help on an enemy.
4. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
(a) A vast ocean.
(b) A giant clay statue.
(c) A circus.
(d) A giant bird of prey.
5. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
6. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The scapegoat.
(b) The rabid dog.
(c) The green serpent.
(d) The old vulture.
7. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(b) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
(c) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(d) She abandons everything and follows them.
8. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) God and Satan clashing over him.
(b) Being suckled by a lioness.
(c) His birth.
(d) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
9. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
(b) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(c) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
(d) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
10. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) A cross of white light.
(b) Claw marks.
(c) A crown of thorns.
(d) Hornlike flames.
11. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
(b) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
(c) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
(d) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
12. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
(a) He is silent and thoughtful.
(b) He pays attention, and asks intelligent questions.
(c) He banters with Jesus about doing very well in this Kingdom of Heaven.
(d) He becomes fearful, and asks Jesus what he has to do.
13. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) He is not loving enough.
(b) He is too soft and sympathetic.
(c) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(d) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
14. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They won't stay and protect him.
(b) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(c) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(d) They fail to understand one of his parables.
15. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
(b) Knowing his disciples.
(c) Being a king, in a political sense.
(d) Being the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
2. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
3. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
4. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
5. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)