|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
2. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(b) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(c) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(d) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
3. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) He is accused of treason.
(d) He is accused of blasphemy.
4. Jesus sees a vision of what animal stomping on Babylon, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Rome?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A wild horse.
5. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) God and Satan clashing over him.
(b) His birth.
(c) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
(d) Being suckled by a lioness.
6. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
7. The man Jesus heals in Cana wants Jesus's help with _______.
(a) Healing his paralyzed daughter.
(b) Convincing the governor to help him.
(c) Preaching the kingdom of God to his congregation.
(d) Leading the Israeli rebels.
8. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
(a) Stealing from the governor.
(b) Inciting riots.
(c) Being a Roman emissary.
(d) Being a heretic.
9. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
(b) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(c) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
(d) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
10. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
(a) Going to the river Jordan to be baptised.
(b) Helping Jesus's mother and father with their chores.
(c) Traveling to Nazareth to receive his blessing.
(d) Weaving a special cloak for Jesus.
11. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
12. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
(b) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(c) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
(d) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
13. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is ambivalent.
(b) He is proud of Jacob.
(c) He is touched by the sentiment.
(d) He is appalled.
14. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
(b) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
(c) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(d) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
15. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
2. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
3. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
4. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
5. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)