|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He is robbed.
(d) He is injured.
2. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
(a) Jesus's weakness.
(b) The Messiah.
(c) Mental illness.
(d) The cruelty of God.
3. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
(a) A fisherman who gives his first catch of the day to a beggar.
(b) A poor man who is rich in God's love.
(c) A poor man who splits his crust of bread with a beggar and becomes rich.
(d) A rich man, whose wealth vanishes when he dies.
4. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
(b) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
(c) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
(d) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
5. The man Jesus heals in Cana wants Jesus's help with _______.
(a) Leading the Israeli rebels.
(b) Convincing the governor to help him.
(c) Healing his paralyzed daughter.
(d) Preaching the kingdom of God to his congregation.
6. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
(a) Venture to Nazareth to see his mother.
(b) Lead the Israelites' revolt against the Romans.
(c) Save Magdalene and live a respectable and productive life.
(d) Leave the desert, and return to Jerusalem.
7. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
(a) Jesus's genealogy.
(b) The events that are currently transpiring.
(c) God's divine will.
(d) Jesus's teachings.
8. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
(a) By being baptised.
(b) With bread and wine.
(c) By kissing Jesus's feet and swearing allegiance to him.
(d) Without any ritual whatsoever.
9. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being unable to carry out his mission.
(b) Being sentenced to death.
(c) Losing the faith of his followers.
(d) Last-minute cowardice.
10. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(b) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(c) He might be the true Messiah.
(d) He is harmless to the Roman government.
11. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Nathaniel and Philip.
(b) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(c) Matthew and Thomas.
(d) Philip and Matthew.
12. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Stop preaching.
(b) Keep a lower profile.
(c) Return to Galilee.
(d) Make some friends in the Roman government.
13. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
(a) Being a heretic.
(b) Stealing from the governor.
(c) Being a Roman emissary.
(d) Inciting riots.
14. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(b) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(c) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(d) They won't stay and protect him.
15. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(b) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
(c) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(d) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
2. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
3. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
4. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
5. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)