|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
(a) Jacob and Thomas.
(b) Nathaniel and Peter.
(c) Peter and Jacob.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
2. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) The Messiah.
(c) The cruelty of God.
(d) Jesus's weakness.
3. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
(a) The Curse.
(b) An angry mob.
(c) A fiery, menacing angel.
(d) The invisible claws.
4. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(b) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
(c) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
(d) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
5. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(b) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
(c) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
(d) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
6. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
7. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(b) Weaving baskets.
(c) Distributing winter clothing.
(d) Churning butter.
8. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(b) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(c) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(d) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
9. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(b) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(c) They won't stay and protect him.
(d) They fail to understand one of his parables.
10. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
11. Who beheads John the Baptist?
12. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
(a) He banters with Jesus about doing very well in this Kingdom of Heaven.
(b) He pays attention, and asks intelligent questions.
(c) He is silent and thoughtful.
(d) He becomes fearful, and asks Jesus what he has to do.
13. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
14. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is God himself.
(b) He says he is the Son of God.
(c) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
(d) He says he is the Messiah.
15. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(b) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
(c) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(d) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
2. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
3. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
4. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
5. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)