|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Stop preaching.
(b) Return to Galilee.
(c) Make some friends in the Roman government.
(d) Keep a lower profile.
2. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
3. What do Philip and Nathaniel borrow for Jesus as Spring approaches?
(a) A new cloak.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A chariot.
(d) A boat.
4. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Distributing winter clothing.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(d) Weaving baskets.
5. What does Jesus's mother wail about in Chapter 21?
(a) The Messiah.
(b) The cruelty of God.
(c) Jesus's weakness.
(d) Mental illness.
6. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Nathaniel and Philip.
(b) Matthew and Thomas.
(c) Philip and Matthew.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
7. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(b) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
(c) She abandons everything and follows them.
(d) She goes back to her house and weeps.
8. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
(a) A poor man who is rich in God's love.
(b) A rich man, whose wealth vanishes when he dies.
(c) A poor man who splits his crust of bread with a beggar and becomes rich.
(d) A fisherman who gives his first catch of the day to a beggar.
9. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Turning water into wine.
(b) Multiplying bread and fish.
(c) Walking on water.
(d) Healing a leper.
10. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
(a) He is not assertive enough.
(b) He is preaching about the wrong things.
(c) He refuses to fight back to save himself.
(d) He has wasted help on an enemy.
11. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Nuisances, who try to push their views on others.
(b) He feels ambivalent toward them.
(c) Nine uninvited mouths to feed.
(d) The saviors of mankind.
12. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The old vulture.
(b) The rabid dog.
(c) The green serpent.
(d) The scapegoat.
13. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
14. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(b) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(c) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(d) They won't stay and protect him.
15. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(b) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(c) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(d) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
2. How is Nathaniel welcomed into the group of Jesus's disciples?
3. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
4. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
5. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)