|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To exact revenge on his murderers.
(b) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(c) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
(d) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
2. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
(a) A giant bird of prey.
(b) A giant clay statue.
(c) A circus.
(d) A vast ocean.
3. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(b) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(c) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(d) He might be the true Messiah.
4. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
(b) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
(c) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
(d) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
5. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
(a) Weaving a special cloak for Jesus.
(b) Going to the river Jordan to be baptised.
(c) Traveling to Nazareth to receive his blessing.
(d) Helping Jesus's mother and father with their chores.
6. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(b) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(c) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(d) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
7. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
(a) Turning water into wine.
(b) Multiplying bread and fish.
(c) Walking on water.
(d) Healing a leper.
8. The man Jesus heals in Cana wants Jesus's help with _______.
(a) Preaching the kingdom of God to his congregation.
(b) Healing his paralyzed daughter.
(c) Convincing the governor to help him.
(d) Leading the Israeli rebels.
9. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) A crown of thorns.
(b) A cross of white light.
(c) Claw marks.
(d) Hornlike flames.
10. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
(a) Inciting riots.
(b) Being a Roman emissary.
(c) Stealing from the governor.
(d) Being a heretic.
11. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) The fish dance.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
(d) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
12. What do Philip and Nathaniel borrow for Jesus as Spring approaches?
(a) A new cloak.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A chariot.
(d) A boat.
13. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
14. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
(a) A poor man who is rich in God's love.
(b) A poor man who splits his crust of bread with a beggar and becomes rich.
(c) A fisherman who gives his first catch of the day to a beggar.
(d) A rich man, whose wealth vanishes when he dies.
15. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
2. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
3. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
4. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
5. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)