|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(b) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
(c) She abandons everything and follows them.
(d) She goes back to her house and weeps.
2. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
3. After his time in the desert, where does God bring Jesus?
(a) To Bethany.
(b) To Nazareth.
(c) To Golgotha.
(d) To Jerusalem.
4. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
(a) Stealing from the governor.
(b) Being a heretic.
(c) Inciting riots.
(d) Being a Roman emissary.
5. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
(a) He pays attention, and asks intelligent questions.
(b) He is silent and thoughtful.
(c) He becomes fearful, and asks Jesus what he has to do.
(d) He banters with Jesus about doing very well in this Kingdom of Heaven.
6. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) He is not loving enough.
(b) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
(c) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(d) He is too soft and sympathetic.
7. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is appalled.
(b) He is proud of Jacob.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is touched by the sentiment.
8. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
(a) She is slapped.
(b) She is dragged away.
(c) She is disowned.
(d) She is beaten.
9. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
10. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(b) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
(c) To prevent his crucifixion.
(d) To protect his disciples in his absence.
11. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
(b) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
(c) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
(d) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
12. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
(a) He refuses to fight back to save himself.
(b) He has wasted help on an enemy.
(c) He is preaching about the wrong things.
(d) He is not assertive enough.
13. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(b) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(c) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(d) He might be the true Messiah.
14. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Knowing his disciples.
(b) Being the Messiah.
(c) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
(d) Being a king, in a political sense.
15. Jesus sees a vision of what animal stomping on Babylon, Jerusalem, Alexandria and Rome?
(a) A wild horse.
(b) A lion.
(c) A cougar.
(d) An elephant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
2. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
3. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
4. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
5. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)