|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
(a) He is preaching about the wrong things.
(b) He has wasted help on an enemy.
(c) He is not assertive enough.
(d) He refuses to fight back to save himself.
2. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(b) Philip and Matthew.
(c) Nathaniel and Philip.
(d) Matthew and Thomas.
3. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
(a) A hated customs officer.
(b) A poor fisherman.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A Roman emissary.
4. What is the new meaning of the paschal meal?
(a) It is to commemorate the last gathering of Jesus and his disciples.
(b) The bread and wine are Jesus's body and blood.
(c) It is to celebrate the coming of the Messiah.
(d) It is now known as Good Friday instead.
5. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They won't stay and protect him.
(b) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(c) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(d) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
6. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is proud of Jacob.
(b) He is appalled.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is touched by the sentiment.
7. Who beheads John the Baptist?
8. What does Jesus request of Judas before entering Pilate's palace?
(a) He asks Judas not to help him.
(b) He asks Judas to be ready in case things go wrong.
(c) He asks Judas to pretend he doesn't know him.
(d) He asks Judas to present his case to Pilate.
9. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
(a) He banters with Jesus about doing very well in this Kingdom of Heaven.
(b) He becomes fearful, and asks Jesus what he has to do.
(c) He is silent and thoughtful.
(d) He pays attention, and asks intelligent questions.
10. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He might be the true Messiah.
(b) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(c) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(d) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
11. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
(a) To spread his teachings to the people of Jerusalem.
(b) To confirm Passover plans.
(c) To help prepare David's throne for Jesus's ascension.
(d) To try to enlist the help of the Israelites there.
12. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) He is arrested.
13. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
14. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
(a) A bird.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
15. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus cry out, as he faints, at the end of Chapter 29?
2. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
3. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
4. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
5. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)