|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is the Messiah.
(b) He says he is God himself.
(c) He says he is the Son of God.
(d) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
2. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
(a) Jesus and his followers will be beheaded.
(b) A revolt against the Romans will occur.
(c) He will repent for killing John the Baptist.
(d) He may be converted into a follower of Jesus.
3. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being a king, in a political sense.
(b) Knowing his disciples.
(c) Being the Messiah.
(d) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
4. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
5. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
6. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
(a) Peter and Jacob.
(b) Jacob and Thomas.
(c) Nathaniel and Peter.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
7. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) Thomas and Nathaniel.
(b) Matthew and Thomas.
(c) Philip and Matthew.
(d) Nathaniel and Philip.
8. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
9. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) He is not loving enough.
(b) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(c) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
(d) He is too soft and sympathetic.
10. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
11. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The green serpent.
(b) The old vulture.
(c) The scapegoat.
(d) The rabid dog.
12. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She abandons everything and follows them.
(b) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(c) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(d) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
13. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
(b) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(c) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
(d) To exact revenge on his murderers.
14. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
(a) A mirage.
15. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
(a) A giant bird of prey.
(b) A giant clay statue.
(c) A vast ocean.
(d) A circus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Matthew when Jesus meets him?
2. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
3. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
4. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
5. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)