|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Return to Galilee.
(b) Keep a lower profile.
(c) Stop preaching.
(d) Make some friends in the Roman government.
2. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
(b) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
(c) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(d) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
3. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(b) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(c) They won't stay and protect him.
(d) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
4. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
(b) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(c) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(d) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
5. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
(b) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(c) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(d) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
6. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
(a) He is robbed.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is murdered.
7. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
8. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
(a) An angry mob.
(b) The Curse.
(c) A fiery, menacing angel.
(d) The invisible claws.
9. While Jesus is in Cana, what is Mary Magdalene doing?
(a) Traveling to Nazareth to receive his blessing.
(b) Weaving a special cloak for Jesus.
(c) Going to the river Jordan to be baptised.
(d) Helping Jesus's mother and father with their chores.
10. The man Jesus heals in Cana wants Jesus's help with _______.
(a) Healing his paralyzed daughter.
(b) Leading the Israeli rebels.
(c) Preaching the kingdom of God to his congregation.
(d) Convincing the governor to help him.
11. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(b) He might be the true Messiah.
(c) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(d) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
12. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
13. At the paschal meal, what does Jacob vow to do?
(a) To establish a new order, in Jesus's name.
(b) To care for and protect Jesus's mother and Mary Magdalene.
(c) To do everything in his power to prevent Jesus's execution.
(d) To exact revenge on his murderers.
14. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bird.
15. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
2. When talking to Pilate, Jesus compares Rome to ____________.
3. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
4. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
5. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)