|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is proud of Jacob.
(b) He is touched by the sentiment.
(c) He is appalled.
(d) He is ambivalent.
2. Who does Jesus heal in Cana?
3. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
4. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
5. How does Zebedee view Jesus and his disciples when they arrive at Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Nuisances, who try to push their views on others.
(b) The saviors of mankind.
(c) Nine uninvited mouths to feed.
(d) He feels ambivalent toward them.
6. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(b) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
(c) He is not loving enough.
(d) He is too soft and sympathetic.
7. What does Mary Magdalene do when Jesus and his disciples leave in Chapter 23?
(a) She begs for Jesus's blessing before he goes.
(b) She abandons everything and follows them.
(c) She goes back to her house and weeps.
(d) She throws herself at Jesus's feet, begging him not to go.
8. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) Claw marks.
(b) A cross of white light.
(c) A crown of thorns.
(d) Hornlike flames.
9. What is Salome doing when Jesus and his disciples arrive in Capernaum for the second time?
(a) Distributing winter clothing.
(b) Churning butter.
(c) Gutting and cleaning fish.
(d) Weaving baskets.
10. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being the Messiah.
(b) Being a king, in a political sense.
(c) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
(d) Knowing his disciples.
11. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
(d) A mirage.
12. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The rabid dog.
(b) The scapegoat.
(c) The green serpent.
(d) The old vulture.
13. When Simeon asks Jesus who he really is, what is Jesus's response?
(a) He says he is God himself.
(b) He says he is Daniel's Son of Man.
(c) He says he is the Messiah.
(d) He says he is the Son of God.
14. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
15. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
(b) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(c) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(d) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
2. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
3. What will happen if Herod hears of John the Baptist's last words?
4. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
5. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)