|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
2. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(b) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(c) They fail to understand one of his parables.
(d) They won't stay and protect him.
3. Who reveals that Jesus is the lamb led voluntarily to slaughter?
4. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
5. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
(a) Peter and Jacob.
(b) Jacob and Thomas.
(c) Nathaniel and Peter.
(d) Thomas and Nathaniel.
6. Who washes Jesus's feet with perfume?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
7. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
(b) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
(c) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
(d) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
8. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(b) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(c) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(d) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
9. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
(a) The events that are currently transpiring.
(b) God's divine will.
(c) Jesus's teachings.
(d) Jesus's genealogy.
10. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) His birth.
(b) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
(c) Being suckled by a lioness.
(d) God and Satan clashing over him.
11. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
(a) Being the Messiah.
(b) Being the son of Mary and Joseph.
(c) Being a king, in a political sense.
(d) Knowing his disciples.
12. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(b) He might be the true Messiah.
(c) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(d) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
13. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A bird.
(c) A lion.
(d) A snake.
14. Who beheads John the Baptist?
15. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Stop preaching.
(b) Make some friends in the Roman government.
(c) Return to Galilee.
(d) Keep a lower profile.
Short Answer Questions
1. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
2. Why does Jerusalem stink?
3. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
4. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
5. What is the subject of the parable that Jesus tells Zebedee?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)