|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "The Curse"?
(a) An invisible vulture that claws at Jesus's head.
(b) An armor-clad woman with an eagle's head.
(c) A snake with a woman's head.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
2. What does Andrew call Jesus?
3. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
(a) A storm prevents him from leaving.
(b) He is being hunted, and Magdala is the only place where he is safe.
(c) The disciples ask him to wait and meet them there.
(d) The guards are detaining him because they think he is suspicious.
4. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
(a) He agrees with Jesus.
(b) He scoffs at Jesus.
(c) He looks at Jesus, shocked.
(d) He leaves, without saying anything else to Jesus.
5. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "My master!"
(b) "How long?"
(c) "What would you have me do?"
6. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is pursued as "The One."
(b) He is crucified.
(c) He rises to Heaven.
(d) He is sent to Hell.
7. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
8. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(b) Stopping an execution.
(c) Arresting Jesus.
(d) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
9. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(b) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
(c) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
(d) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
10. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
(a) Spinning wool.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Tending to her animals.
(d) Making soap.
11. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
(a) A man who is wealthy on Earth, but goes to Hell when he dies.
(b) A seed, falling into different kinds of soil.
(c) A poor man who gives his last crust of bread to someone else, and then becomes rich.
(d) A man who is cold and burns down his house trying to warm himself.
12. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He doesn't trust Judas.
(b) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(c) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(d) Zebedee is his employer.
13. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(b) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(c) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(d) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
14. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
15. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
2. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
3. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
4. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
5. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)