|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
2. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
3. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) All are God's creatures.
(b) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(c) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(d) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(b) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(c) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(d) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
5. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(b) "What would you have me do?"
(c) "My master!"
(d) "How long?"
6. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(b) What he has to do to make them stop.
(c) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(d) Why he has them.
7. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) The Zealot.
8. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He doesn't trust Judas.
(b) Zebedee is his employer.
(c) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(d) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
9. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(b) Stopping an execution.
(c) Arresting Jesus.
(d) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
10. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They throw small stones at him.
(b) They call his mother names.
(c) They call him a "cross-maker."
(d) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
11. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
(a) A seed, falling into different kinds of soil.
(b) A poor man who gives his last crust of bread to someone else, and then becomes rich.
(c) A man who is cold and burns down his house trying to warm himself.
(d) A man who is wealthy on Earth, but goes to Hell when he dies.
12. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
(b) The Devil.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
13. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
(a) Cooking dinner.
(b) Tending to her animals.
(c) Spinning wool.
(d) Making soap.
14. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
15. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(b) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
(c) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
(d) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
2. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
3. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
5. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)