|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "My master!"
(c) "How long?"
(d) "What would you have me do?"
2. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Slaps the person back.
(b) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(c) Offers his other cheek.
(d) Ignores the slap completely.
3. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
4. What does Andrew call Jesus?
5. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Leaving his mother's house.
(b) Traveling to Golgotha.
(c) Turning his back on his disciples.
(d) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
6. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is pursued as "The One."
(b) He is sent to Hell.
(c) He rises to Heaven.
(d) He is crucified.
7. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
(b) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(c) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(d) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
8. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
9. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(b) His bowels.
(c) His imagination.
(d) The river.
10. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He encourages them.
(d) He tells them not to impede God's will.
11. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(b) All are God's creatures.
(c) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
(d) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
12. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(d) The Devil.
13. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
14. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
15. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) Greed and the Messiah.
(b) The price of fish.
(c) How Zebedee treats his workers.
(d) The consequences of the storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
3. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
4. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)