|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A dove.
(c) A vulture.
(d) An owl.
2. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(b) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(c) All are God's creatures.
(d) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
3. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Offers his other cheek.
(b) Ignores the slap completely.
(c) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(d) Slaps the person back.
4. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
(a) God gently tells him to do so.
(b) He wants to make things easier for his mother and father.
(c) He wants to get away from God's persistent commands.
(d) He thinks it will displease God.
5. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
(a) Being the Messiah.
(b) Pitying all of Creation.
(c) Allowing himself to be crucified.
(d) Living in peace with the Romans.
6. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(b) She slaps Jesus.
(c) She collapses.
(d) She screams "Adonai!"
7. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(b) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(c) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(d) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
8. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
(a) Cleaning fish and preparing them for market.
(b) Shaving the wool from his sheep.
(c) Building a boat.
(d) Processing grapes into wine.
9. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call him a "cross-maker."
(b) They call his mother names.
(c) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(d) They throw small stones at him.
10. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Bless his nephew's wedding.
(b) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
(c) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
(d) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
11. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
12. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
13. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
14. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is crucified.
(b) He is pursued as "The One."
(c) He is sent to Hell.
(d) He rises to Heaven.
15. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(b) What signals Jesus receives from God.
(c) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
(d) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
3. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
5. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)