|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
(b) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(c) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(d) Whenever he feels pleasure.
2. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(b) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(c) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(d) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
3. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She slaps Jesus.
(b) She screams "Adonai!"
(c) She collapses.
(d) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
4. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(b) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
(c) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
(d) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
5. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A dove.
(b) A falcon.
(c) An owl.
(d) A vulture.
6. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
7. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
(b) Turning his back on his disciples.
(c) Traveling to Golgotha.
(d) Leaving his mother's house.
8. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
(a) He has something to hide.
(b) He is a Roman spy.
(c) He is ashamed to be in Magdala.
(d) He is too timid to be the Messiah.
9. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
(a) They are cold.
(b) They are afraid of the Romans.
(c) They are afraid of Zebedee.
(d) They are hungry.
10. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
11. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(b) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(c) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(d) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
12. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
(b) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(c) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(d) What signals Jesus receives from God.
13. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With anger.
(b) With pity.
(c) With love.
(d) With disappointment.
14. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) Jesus and his disciples.
(c) The Zealots.
(d) Zebedee and his workers.
15. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(b) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(c) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(d) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
2. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
5. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)