|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Offers his other cheek.
(b) Ignores the slap completely.
(c) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(d) Slaps the person back.
2. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(a) The river.
(b) His imagination.
(c) His bowels.
3. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) Happy memories of his childhood.
(b) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
(c) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(d) The moment of his birth.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(b) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(c) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(d) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
5. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
6. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
(b) To live in the desert monastery with them.
(c) To become their Abbot.
(d) To help them spread their message.
7. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(b) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(c) He doesn't trust Judas.
(d) Zebedee is his employer.
8. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
9. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With disappointment.
(b) With anger.
(c) With pity.
(d) With love.
10. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) Greed and the Messiah.
(b) How Zebedee treats his workers.
(c) The consequences of the storm.
(d) The price of fish.
11. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
12. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
13. Jacob sees Jesus in Magdala, and mentally compares him to whom?
14. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
(a) Jesus invites him to strike.
(b) Jesus reminds Judas that murderers do not go to Heaven.
(c) Jesus calls for help.
(d) Jesus threatens Judas in return.
15. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
(b) Jesus is coming to visit.
(c) John is home.
(d) Judas is helping them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
2. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
3. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
4. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
5. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)