|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(b) Offers his other cheek.
(c) Slaps the person back.
(d) Ignores the slap completely.
2. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She screams "Adonai!"
(b) She slaps Jesus.
(c) She collapses.
(d) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
3. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
4. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
(a) Repents in prayer.
(b) Swears to never see her again.
(c) Leaves Magdala.
(d) Scourges himself.
5. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
(a) If they want to stone her, they will have to stone him as well.
(b) Working on the Sabbath is not a sin worthy of a stoning.
(c) They cannot stone her without first conducting a fair trial.
(d) Only one who is sinless may throw the first stone.
6. Who is "The Curse"?
(a) An invisible vulture that claws at Jesus's head.
(b) A snake with a woman's head.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) An armor-clad woman with an eagle's head.
7. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(b) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
(c) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(d) All are God's creatures.
8. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(b) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(c) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(d) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
9. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
10. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(b) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(c) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
(d) She is an atheist.
11. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
(a) He wants to get away from God's persistent commands.
(b) He thinks it will displease God.
(c) God gently tells him to do so.
(d) He wants to make things easier for his mother and father.
12. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) The price of fish.
(b) Greed and the Messiah.
(c) The consequences of the storm.
(d) How Zebedee treats his workers.
13. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
(a) Doing what he can to keep the Romans out of Nazareth.
(b) Helping his disciples to see him as human.
(c) Hiding himself in the monastery.
(d) Committing every conceivable sin to make God detest him.
14. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Enter a desert monastery.
(b) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(c) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
(d) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
15. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) Jesus is coming to visit.
(b) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
(c) Judas is helping them.
(d) John is home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
3. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
4. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
5. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)