|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(b) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(c) What he has to do to make them stop.
(d) Why he has them.
2. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is pursued as "The One."
(b) He is sent to Hell.
(c) He rises to Heaven.
(d) He is crucified.
3. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
(b) Work ethic.
(c) The Messiah.
(d) Slavery to the Romans.
4. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Zealots.
(b) The Israelites.
(c) Jesus and his disciples.
(d) Zebedee and his workers.
5. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(b) Ignores the slap completely.
(c) Slaps the person back.
(d) Offers his other cheek.
6. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) Purifying fire.
(b) God's commandment to love one another.
(c) The blessedness of the poor.
(d) The Kingdom of God.
7. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(b) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
(c) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(d) Whenever he feels pleasure.
8. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
9. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(b) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(c) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
(d) All are God's creatures.
10. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With pity.
(b) With anger.
(c) With disappointment.
(d) With love.
11. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
(a) Philip does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) Philip despises Jesus's father.
(c) Jesus is a cross-maker.
(d) Philip is in love with Mary Magdalene.
12. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
13. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
14. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
(a) He is too timid to be the Messiah.
(b) He is a Roman spy.
(c) He is ashamed to be in Magdala.
(d) He has something to hide.
15. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
(a) A storm prevents him from leaving.
(b) He is being hunted, and Magdala is the only place where he is safe.
(c) The guards are detaining him because they think he is suspicious.
(d) The disciples ask him to wait and meet them there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
2. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
4. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
5. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)