|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
(a) Making soap.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Tending to her animals.
(d) Spinning wool.
2. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(b) To make God detest him.
(c) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(d) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
3. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
(a) He thinks it will displease God.
(b) He wants to make things easier for his mother and father.
(c) He wants to get away from God's persistent commands.
(d) God gently tells him to do so.
4. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
5. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(b) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
(c) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(d) What signals Jesus receives from God.
6. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(b) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
(c) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(d) She is an atheist.
7. What does Andrew call Jesus?
8. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A vulture.
(b) An owl.
(c) A dove.
(d) A falcon.
9. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(b) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
(c) Happy memories of his childhood.
(d) The moment of his birth.
10. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
(a) They are cold.
(b) They are afraid of Zebedee.
(c) They are afraid of the Romans.
(d) They are hungry.
11. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
12. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(b) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
(c) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(d) To go to the desert monastery.
13. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
14. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
15. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
2. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
4. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
5. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)