|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(b) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(c) To go to the desert monastery.
(d) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
2. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
3. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) What he has to do to make them stop.
(b) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(c) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(d) Why he has them.
4. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
5. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
6. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(b) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(c) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(d) He believes that he is the Messiah.
7. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
(a) She knows that he is the Messiah.
(b) She knows that there is something special about him.
(c) She is embittered that the monastery took her son.
(d) She is afraid of what he might do if she doesn't feed him.
8. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
(a) A man who is wealthy on Earth, but goes to Hell when he dies.
(b) A seed, falling into different kinds of soil.
(c) A man who is cold and burns down his house trying to warm himself.
(d) A poor man who gives his last crust of bread to someone else, and then becomes rich.
9. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
(a) He sees the light intensify around Jesus's face.
(b) He hears a noise, and thinks someone might be watching them.
(c) He feels the invisible claws dig into his own skull.
(d) He remembers happy times he and Jesus shared as children.
10. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
(a) A storm prevents him from leaving.
(b) The guards are detaining him because they think he is suspicious.
(c) The disciples ask him to wait and meet them there.
(d) He is being hunted, and Magdala is the only place where he is safe.
11. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To get Simeon.
(b) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(c) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(d) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
12. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
(a) Processing grapes into wine.
(b) Building a boat.
(c) Cleaning fish and preparing them for market.
(d) Shaving the wool from his sheep.
13. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
(b) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(c) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
(d) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
14. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
15. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) Purifying fire.
(b) The Kingdom of God.
(c) God's commandment to love one another.
(d) The blessedness of the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
2. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
3. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
4. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
5. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)