|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) What he has to do to make them stop.
(b) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(c) Why he has them.
(d) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
3. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
(a) He feels the invisible claws dig into his own skull.
(b) He hears a noise, and thinks someone might be watching them.
(c) He remembers happy times he and Jesus shared as children.
(d) He sees the light intensify around Jesus's face.
4. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
5. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
6. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
(b) To help them spread their message.
(c) To live in the desert monastery with them.
(d) To become their Abbot.
7. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
(a) Shaving the wool from his sheep.
(b) Building a boat.
(c) Processing grapes into wine.
(d) Cleaning fish and preparing them for market.
8. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(b) All are God's creatures.
(c) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
(d) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
9. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "What would you have me do?"
(c) "My master!"
(d) "How long?"
10. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(b) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(c) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(d) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
11. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(b) To go to the desert monastery.
(c) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(d) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
12. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) Purifying fire.
(b) The blessedness of the poor.
(c) God's commandment to love one another.
(d) The Kingdom of God.
13. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(b) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(c) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
(d) Whenever he feels pleasure.
14. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
(a) Repents in prayer.
(b) Swears to never see her again.
(c) Leaves Magdala.
(d) Scourges himself.
15. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(b) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(c) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(d) To provoke the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
2. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
3. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
4. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
5. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)