|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(b) To make God detest him.
(c) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(d) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(b) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(c) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(d) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
3. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) Happy memories of his childhood.
(b) The moment of his birth.
(c) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(d) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
4. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With anger.
(b) With love.
(c) With pity.
(d) With disappointment.
5. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(b) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(c) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(d) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
6. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(b) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(c) Jesus is the Messiah.
(d) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
7. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
8. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
(a) They cannot stone her without first conducting a fair trial.
(b) Only one who is sinless may throw the first stone.
(c) If they want to stone her, they will have to stone him as well.
(d) Working on the Sabbath is not a sin worthy of a stoning.
9. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
(a) Cleaning fish and preparing them for market.
(b) Processing grapes into wine.
(c) Shaving the wool from his sheep.
(d) Building a boat.
10. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
(a) Work ethic.
(c) The Messiah.
(d) Slavery to the Romans.
11. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
(a) Committing every conceivable sin to make God detest him.
(b) Doing what he can to keep the Romans out of Nazareth.
(c) Hiding himself in the monastery.
(d) Helping his disciples to see him as human.
12. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(b) What he has to do to make them stop.
(c) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(d) Why he has them.
13. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
14. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
(a) At 9.
(b) At 12.
(c) At 3.
(d) At 15.
15. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
2. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
3. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
4. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
5. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)