|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Arresting Jesus.
(b) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(c) Stopping an execution.
(d) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
2. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To make God detest him.
(b) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(c) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(d) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
3. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(b) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(c) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(d) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
5. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(b) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(c) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(d) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
6. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
7. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(b) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(c) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(d) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
8. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
(b) The moment of his birth.
(c) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(d) Happy memories of his childhood.
9. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Enter a desert monastery.
(b) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
(c) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(d) Visit Mary Magdalene.
10. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) An owl.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A falcon.
(d) A dove.
11. What does Andrew call Jesus?
12. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
13. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(b) All are God's creatures.
(c) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(d) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
14. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(b) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(c) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(d) To provoke the Romans.
15. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Offers his other cheek.
(b) Slaps the person back.
(c) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(d) Ignores the slap completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
4. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
5. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)