|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
(a) Helping his disciples to see him as human.
(b) Hiding himself in the monastery.
(c) Doing what he can to keep the Romans out of Nazareth.
(d) Committing every conceivable sin to make God detest him.
2. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(c) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(d) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
3. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) Zebedee is his employer.
(b) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(c) He doesn't trust Judas.
(d) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
4. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
(b) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
(c) Bless his nephew's wedding.
(d) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
5. Why does Jacob resist when Barabbas drags Mary Magdalene out?
(a) He is in love with Mary Magdalene.
(b) He knows how angry Jesus will be.
(c) He and Mary Magdalene were childhood friends.
(d) He wants to observe Moses's law.
6. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
7. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(b) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(c) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(d) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
8. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call his mother names.
(b) They throw small stones at him.
(c) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(d) They call him a "cross-maker."
9. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(d) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
10. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
11. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(b) The moment of his birth.
(c) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
(d) Happy memories of his childhood.
12. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(b) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
(c) Enter a desert monastery.
(d) Visit Mary Magdalene.
13. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(b) If he wants to be worshipped.
(c) If he is certain about his faith in God.
(d) If he believes he is the Messiah.
14. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(b) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(c) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(d) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
15. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(b) Offers his other cheek.
(c) Slaps the person back.
(d) Ignores the slap completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
2. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
3. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
5. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)