|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
2. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
(b) Judas is helping them.
(c) Jesus is coming to visit.
(d) John is home.
3. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
(b) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(c) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(d) She is an atheist.
4. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
(a) A man who is wealthy on Earth, but goes to Hell when he dies.
(b) A poor man who gives his last crust of bread to someone else, and then becomes rich.
(c) A seed, falling into different kinds of soil.
(d) A man who is cold and burns down his house trying to warm himself.
5. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With anger.
(b) With love.
(c) With pity.
(d) With disappointment.
6. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(b) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(c) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(d) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
7. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
(a) She knows that there is something special about him.
(b) She is afraid of what he might do if she doesn't feed him.
(c) She knows that he is the Messiah.
(d) She is embittered that the monastery took her son.
8. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
(a) God gently tells him to do so.
(b) He wants to make things easier for his mother and father.
(c) He wants to get away from God's persistent commands.
(d) He thinks it will displease God.
9. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
10. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) Happy memories of his childhood.
(b) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
(c) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(d) The moment of his birth.
11. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
(a) They know of her affiliation with Jesus.
(b) They think she is a Roman spy.
(c) She refused Barabbas's advances.
(d) Barabbas caught her "working" on the Sabbath.
12. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(d) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
13. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
14. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
(b) Slavery to the Romans.
(c) Work ethic.
(d) The Messiah.
15. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Get baptized.
(b) Get married.
(c) Be exorcised.
(d) Make a pilgrimage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
2. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
3. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
4. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
5. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)