|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(d) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
2. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
(a) She refused Barabbas's advances.
(b) They think she is a Roman spy.
(c) They know of her affiliation with Jesus.
(d) Barabbas caught her "working" on the Sabbath.
3. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(b) To get Simeon.
(c) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(d) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
4. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
6. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) God's commandment to love one another.
(b) Purifying fire.
(c) The blessedness of the poor.
(d) The Kingdom of God.
7. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(b) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(c) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(d) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
8. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
(a) Shaving the wool from his sheep.
(b) Cleaning fish and preparing them for market.
(c) Building a boat.
(d) Processing grapes into wine.
9. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) The consequences of the storm.
(b) Greed and the Messiah.
(c) The price of fish.
(d) How Zebedee treats his workers.
10. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) John is home.
(b) Jesus is coming to visit.
(c) Judas is helping them.
(d) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
11. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
(a) Love is only an idea, unless he who loves is also merciful.
(b) Pity is not enough; there must also be love.
(c) Pity and mercy can save humankind.
(d) Pity must be put into action, through love and mercy.
12. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Make a pilgrimage.
(b) Get married.
(c) Get baptized.
(d) Be exorcised.
13. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
(b) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(c) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(d) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
14. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
(a) He is ashamed to be in Magdala.
(b) He is a Roman spy.
(c) He has something to hide.
(d) He is too timid to be the Messiah.
15. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(a) The river.
(b) His bowels.
(d) His imagination.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
2. Who is "The Curse"?
3. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
4. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
5. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)