|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Leaving his mother's house.
(b) Traveling to Golgotha.
(c) Turning his back on his disciples.
(d) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
2. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
(a) They are afraid of the Romans.
(b) They are cold.
(c) They are afraid of Zebedee.
(d) They are hungry.
3. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With disappointment.
(b) With anger.
(c) With pity.
(d) With love.
4. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
(a) Ignores the slap completely.
(b) Reminds the person of God's swift retribution.
(c) Slaps the person back.
(d) Offers his other cheek.
5. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
6. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(b) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
7. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
(a) Swears to never see her again.
(b) Repents in prayer.
(c) Scourges himself.
(d) Leaves Magdala.
8. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A dove.
(b) An owl.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A falcon.
9. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) All are God's creatures.
(b) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
(c) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
(d) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
10. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Get married.
(b) Be exorcised.
(c) Get baptized.
(d) Make a pilgrimage.
11. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(b) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(c) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(d) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
12. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to the desert monastery.
(b) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
(c) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(d) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
13. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
14. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
(b) Whenever he feels pleasure.
(c) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(d) Whenever he has committed a sin.
15. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) How Zebedee treats his workers.
(b) The price of fish.
(c) The consequences of the storm.
(d) Greed and the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
2. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
5. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)