|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
(b) The Messiah.
(c) Slavery to the Romans.
(d) Work ethic.
2. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(c) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(d) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
3. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(b) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
(c) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
(d) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
4. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To become their Abbot.
(b) To help them spread their message.
(c) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
(d) To live in the desert monastery with them.
5. Who shelters Mary Magdalene in Capernaum?
6. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
(a) Leaves Magdala.
(b) Scourges himself.
(c) Repents in prayer.
(d) Swears to never see her again.
7. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
8. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
9. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(a) The river.
(b) His bowels.
(c) His imagination.
10. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
(a) Jesus calls for help.
(b) Jesus invites him to strike.
(c) Jesus reminds Judas that murderers do not go to Heaven.
(d) Jesus threatens Judas in return.
11. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
(a) They think she is a Roman spy.
(b) They know of her affiliation with Jesus.
(c) Barabbas caught her "working" on the Sabbath.
(d) She refused Barabbas's advances.
12. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(b) If he believes he is the Messiah.
(c) If he is certain about his faith in God.
(d) If he wants to be worshipped.
13. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
14. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) The Zealot.
(d) John the Baptist.
15. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
2. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
3. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
4. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
5. What does the windstorm drive out of the well?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)