|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jacob resist when Barabbas drags Mary Magdalene out?
(a) He wants to observe Moses's law.
(b) He and Mary Magdalene were childhood friends.
(c) He knows how angry Jesus will be.
(d) He is in love with Mary Magdalene.
2. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(b) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(c) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(d) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
3. Why does Jerusalem stink?
(a) Because of the livestock and fish in the market.
(b) Because of the bodies that haven't been buried yet.
(c) Because of the blood from all the sacrifices performed there.
(d) Because there are too many people living in close quarters with poor sanitation.
4. What are Jesus's last words on the cross?
(a) "Everything has begun."
(b) "It is accomplished!"
(c) "Lama sabachthani!"
5. During their first meeting, what does Pilate urge Jesus to do?
(a) Make some friends in the Roman government.
(b) Keep a lower profile.
(c) Return to Galilee.
(d) Stop preaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
2. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
3. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
4. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
5. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)