|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
(b) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(c) Enter a desert monastery.
(d) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
2. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(b) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(c) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
(d) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
3. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(b) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(c) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(d) To get Simeon.
4. After Jesus's crucifixion, what is healing his wounds?
(a) Birds and animals, sewing them together.
(b) Buds from a flowering tree.
(c) A soothing salve, given to him by an angel.
(d) A white light.
5. How does Pilate feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
(a) He is delusional, and possibly insane.
(b) He is a revolutionary, and a threat to the Roman government.
(c) He is harmless to the Roman government.
(d) He might be the true Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
4. When confronted by Pilate, what does Jesus deny?
5. Who is the only one of Jesus's disciples who has endured the test of time?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)