|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 30-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(b) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(c) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(d) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(b) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(c) Why he has them.
(d) What he has to do to make them stop.
3. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
4. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call him a "cross-maker."
(b) They throw small stones at him.
(c) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(d) They call his mother names.
5. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(b) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(c) To get Simeon.
(d) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who beheads John the Baptist?
2. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
3. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
4. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
5. Why does Jacob resist when Barabbas drags Mary Magdalene out?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)