|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(b) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(c) To provoke the Romans.
(d) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
2. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
3. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
(a) Philip is in love with Mary Magdalene.
(b) Philip does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
(c) Philip despises Jesus's father.
(d) Jesus is a cross-maker.
4. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(b) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(c) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
(d) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
5. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
(a) Water with lemon.
(d) Goat's milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
2. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
3. Who joins Jesus's group of disciples after their trek from Cana to Capernaum?
4. When Jesus talks about the Kingdom of Heaven, what is Zebedee's response?
5. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)