|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
(a) They cannot stone her without first conducting a fair trial.
(b) Working on the Sabbath is not a sin worthy of a stoning.
(c) Only one who is sinless may throw the first stone.
(d) If they want to stone her, they will have to stone him as well.
2. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
3. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) John is home.
(b) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
(c) Jesus is coming to visit.
(d) Judas is helping them.
4. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) Purifying fire.
(b) The blessedness of the poor.
(c) God's commandment to love one another.
(d) The Kingdom of God.
5. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
2. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
3. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
4. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
5. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)