|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judas respond when Jesus tells him that he is the lamb to be led to slaughter?
(a) He disagrees with Jesus, and encourages him to do all he can to act in opposition to the prophecy.
(b) He demands that the Romans be slaughtered, and the Messiah seated on David's throne.
(c) He worries for Jesus's sanity, and wonders if people calling him Messiah has gone to his head.
(d) He is unable to believe Jesus, until Simeon agrees with him.
2. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
(a) A mirage.
3. What does Simeon tell Jesus about Isaiah's martyrdom?
(a) Isaiah helped to ready the way for Jesus as the Messiah.
(b) It showed that the body is a tent, a temporary place to stay while on one's way to Heaven, the homeland.
(c) He showed that pity and love alone are not enough to save mankind.
(d) He made too many mistakes; he may have been the Messiah, instead of a martyr, had he lived.
4. What does Jesus fear as Spring approaches?
(a) Being sentenced to death.
(b) Last-minute cowardice.
(c) Losing the faith of his followers.
(d) Being unable to carry out his mission.
5. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He encourages them.
(b) He tells them not to impede God's will.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He threatens them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
2. What does Andrew call Jesus?
3. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
4. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
5. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)