|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
(a) To prevent his crucifixion.
(b) To give Mary Magdalene a better life, free from sin.
(c) To protect his disciples in his absence.
(d) To resurrect him after his crucifixion.
2. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(b) What signals Jesus receives from God.
(c) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
(d) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is sent to Hell.
(b) He is crucified.
(c) He is pursued as "The One."
(d) He rises to Heaven.
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) What he has to do to make them stop.
(b) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(c) Why he has them.
(d) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
5. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(d) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus want to do with the existing Laws?
2. What does Matthew write about on their first night in Cana?
3. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
4. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
5. What does Barabbas accuse Jesus of while he and his disciples are in Jerusalem?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)