|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) Zebedee and his workers.
(c) The Zealots.
(d) Jesus and his disciples.
2. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
(a) When they were three years old they played together naked.
(b) She wants to hurt Jesus for not marrying her.
(c) He wasn't able to marry and support her.
(d) She has no other skills with which to support herself.
3. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
(a) Jesus invites him to strike.
(b) Jesus calls for help.
(c) Jesus threatens Judas in return.
(d) Jesus reminds Judas that murderers do not go to Heaven.
4. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(d) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
5. Why does Jacob resist when Barabbas drags Mary Magdalene out?
(a) He is in love with Mary Magdalene.
(b) He and Mary Magdalene were childhood friends.
(c) He knows how angry Jesus will be.
(d) He wants to observe Moses's law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
2. Why does Jesus commit sins?
3. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
4. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
5. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)