|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(b) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
(c) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(d) Enter a desert monastery.
2. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
3. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
(a) She knows that he is the Messiah.
(b) She knows that there is something special about him.
(c) She is afraid of what he might do if she doesn't feed him.
(d) She is embittered that the monastery took her son.
4. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
(a) A bird.
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A butterfly.
5. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(a) His imagination.
(b) His bowels.
(c) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what happens to Jesus's mother as a result of her wailing?
2. Who is "The Curse"?
3. The archangel that comes to Jesus in the desert is really whom?
4. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
5. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)