|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(b) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
2. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(b) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(c) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(d) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
3. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
(b) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
(c) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
(d) Bless his nephew's wedding.
4. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
(b) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
(c) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(d) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
5. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene give to Jesus and his disciples to refresh them?
2. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
3. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
4. Peter dreams about Jesus _______.
5. Why does Judas get angry with Jesus in Cana?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)