|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
(a) If they want to stone her, they will have to stone him as well.
(b) They cannot stone her without first conducting a fair trial.
(c) Only one who is sinless may throw the first stone.
(d) Working on the Sabbath is not a sin worthy of a stoning.
2. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(b) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(c) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(d) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
3. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(b) She slaps Jesus.
(c) She collapses.
(d) She screams "Adonai!"
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(b) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(c) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(d) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
5. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesus commit sins?
2. Andrew compares John the Baptist to whom?
3. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
4. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
5. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)