|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pity and mercy can save humankind.
(b) Love is only an idea, unless he who loves is also merciful.
(c) Pity must be put into action, through love and mercy.
(d) Pity is not enough; there must also be love.
2. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(a) His imagination.
(b) The river.
(c) His bowels.
3. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(d) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
4. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
(a) Being the Messiah.
(b) Pitying all of Creation.
(c) Allowing himself to be crucified.
(d) Living in peace with the Romans.
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
2. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
3. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
5. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)