|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
(b) The Devil.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
2. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
(a) She knows that there is something special about him.
(b) She is afraid of what he might do if she doesn't feed him.
(c) She knows that he is the Messiah.
(d) She is embittered that the monastery took her son.
3. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
4. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(b) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(c) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(d) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
5. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The Zealot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
2. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
3. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
4. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
5. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)