|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
2. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She collapses.
(b) She slaps Jesus.
(c) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(d) She screams "Adonai!"
3. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
(a) He is tormented by them.
(b) He is puzzled by them.
(c) He is resigned to them.
(d) He is happy about them.
4. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(b) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(c) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(d) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
5. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he believes he is the Messiah.
(b) If he wants to be worshipped.
(c) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(d) If he is certain about his faith in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
2. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
3. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
4. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
5. Who orders Barabbas to leave?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)