|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) Zebedee is his employer.
(b) He doesn't trust Judas.
(c) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(d) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
3. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
(a) She refused Barabbas's advances.
(b) Barabbas caught her "working" on the Sabbath.
(c) They know of her affiliation with Jesus.
(d) They think she is a Roman spy.
4. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(b) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(c) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(d) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
5. Who is the rich man who wants Jesus to perform sorcery to rid him of nightmares?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
3. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
4. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
5. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)