|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
(a) Philip does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) Philip despises Jesus's father.
(c) Jesus is a cross-maker.
(d) Philip is in love with Mary Magdalene.
2. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(d) The cross Jesus made tilts.
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is crucified.
(b) He is sent to Hell.
(c) He rises to Heaven.
(d) He is pursued as "The One."
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. Where does Jesus think the animals have come from?
(b) The river.
(c) His imagination.
(d) His bowels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus do when he is slapped?
2. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
3. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
4. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
5. Why do the poor look to Jesus in Capernaum?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)