|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(b) To get Simeon.
(c) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(d) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
2. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
(a) A storm prevents him from leaving.
(b) He is being hunted, and Magdala is the only place where he is safe.
(c) The disciples ask him to wait and meet them there.
(d) The guards are detaining him because they think he is suspicious.
3. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(b) The Zealot.
(d) John the Baptist.
4. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) Greed and the Messiah.
(b) The consequences of the storm.
(c) How Zebedee treats his workers.
(d) The price of fish.
5. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(b) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(c) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(d) He believes that he is the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
2. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
3. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
4. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
5. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)