|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to the desert monastery.
(b) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(c) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
(d) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
2. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
(a) He has something to hide.
(b) He is ashamed to be in Magdala.
(c) He is too timid to be the Messiah.
(d) He is a Roman spy.
3. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
(a) He scoffs at Jesus.
(b) He agrees with Jesus.
(c) He leaves, without saying anything else to Jesus.
(d) He looks at Jesus, shocked.
4. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
(a) Making soap.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Tending to her animals.
(d) Spinning wool.
5. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) Purifying fire.
(b) The blessedness of the poor.
(c) The Kingdom of God.
(d) God's commandment to love one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
2. Where do the ten fishermen work?
3. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
4. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
5. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)