|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
(a) Hiding himself in the monastery.
(b) Helping his disciples to see him as human.
(c) Committing every conceivable sin to make God detest him.
(d) Doing what he can to keep the Romans out of Nazareth.
2. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
(a) If he wants to be worshipped.
(b) If he is ready to speak to all of mankind.
(c) If he believes he is the Messiah.
(d) If he is certain about his faith in God.
3. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(d) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A falcon.
(c) An owl.
(d) A dove.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
2. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
3. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
4. Who is "The Curse"?
5. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)