|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
(b) Enter a desert monastery.
(c) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(d) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
2. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
(a) At 12.
(b) At 9.
(c) At 15.
(d) At 3.
3. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(b) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(c) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(d) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
4. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
(a) He is puzzled by them.
(b) He is happy about them.
(c) He is resigned to them.
(d) He is tormented by them.
5. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(c) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(d) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
2. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
3. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
4. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
5. What does Andrew lecture Zebedee and the other men about?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)