|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) Zebedee and his workers.
(b) The Zealots.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) Jesus and his disciples.
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) The Zealot.
3. Jacob sees Jesus in Magdala, and mentally compares him to whom?
4. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(b) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(c) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(d) God's loving and forgiving nature.
5. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(b) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(c) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(d) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
2. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
3. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
4. Jesus angers Judas when he talks about what?
5. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)