|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(b) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(c) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(d) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
2. What are the men doing in Zebedee's yard at the beginning of autumn?
(a) Cleaning fish and preparing them for market.
(b) Building a boat.
(c) Shaving the wool from his sheep.
(d) Processing grapes into wine.
3. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
4. What is the subject of the parable Jesus tells the poor on the hill in Capernaum?
(a) A man who is wealthy on Earth, but goes to Hell when he dies.
(b) A man who is cold and burns down his house trying to warm himself.
(c) A seed, falling into different kinds of soil.
(d) A poor man who gives his last crust of bread to someone else, and then becomes rich.
5. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Get married.
(b) Make a pilgrimage.
(c) Get baptized.
(d) Be exorcised.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
2. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
3. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
4. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
5. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)