|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He encourages them.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He tells them not to impede God's will.
3. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To become their Abbot.
(b) To help them spread their message.
(c) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
(d) To live in the desert monastery with them.
4. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(b) She collapses.
(c) She screams "Adonai!"
(d) She slaps Jesus.
5. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Make a pilgrimage.
(b) Get married.
(c) Be exorcised.
(d) Get baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
2. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
3. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
4. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
5. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)