|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pity is not enough; there must also be love.
(b) Love is only an idea, unless he who loves is also merciful.
(c) Pity and mercy can save humankind.
(d) Pity must be put into action, through love and mercy.
2. What does Andrew want Jesus to preach about in Capernaum?
(a) The blessedness of the poor.
(b) Purifying fire.
(c) The Kingdom of God.
(d) God's commandment to love one another.
3. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(b) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(c) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(d) The cross Jesus made tilts.
4. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Be exorcised.
(b) Get baptized.
(c) Get married.
(d) Make a pilgrimage.
5. What do the monks want Jesus to do?
(a) To help them spread their message.
(b) To live in the desert monastery with them.
(c) To become their Abbot.
(d) To lead a revolt against the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
2. What does the rabbi ask Jesus in Chapter 11?
3. What is Jesus's response when Judas reveals his intent to kill him?
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
5. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)