|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
(a) He scoffs at Jesus.
(b) He agrees with Jesus.
(c) He looks at Jesus, shocked.
(d) He leaves, without saying anything else to Jesus.
2. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He doesn't trust Judas.
(b) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(c) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(d) Zebedee is his employer.
3. Who is "The Curse"?
(a) An invisible vulture that claws at Jesus's head.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) An armor-clad woman with an eagle's head.
(d) A snake with a woman's head.
4. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
(a) He is too timid to be the Messiah.
(b) He has something to hide.
(c) He is ashamed to be in Magdala.
(d) He is a Roman spy.
5. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(d) The cross Jesus made tilts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
2. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
3. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
5. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)