|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
2. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
3. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
(b) The Devil.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
4. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
(b) To go to the desert monastery.
(c) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(d) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
5. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
(a) At 15.
(b) At 3.
(c) At 12.
(d) At 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)