|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(b) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(c) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(d) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
2. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(d) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
3. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(b) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(c) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(d) To get Simeon.
4. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He rises to Heaven.
(b) He is crucified.
(c) He is sent to Hell.
(d) He is pursued as "The One."
5. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
2. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
4. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)