|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(b) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(c) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(d) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
2. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(b) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(c) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(d) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
3. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(b) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(c) Enter a desert monastery.
(d) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(b) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(c) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(d) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
2. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
3. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
4. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
5. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)