|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) The price of fish.
(b) How Zebedee treats his workers.
(c) The consequences of the storm.
(d) Greed and the Messiah.
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The Zealot.
3. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) Zebedee is his employer.
(b) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(c) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(d) He doesn't trust Judas.
4. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(d) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
5. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(b) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(c) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(d) Jesus is the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
2. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
3. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
4. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
5. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)