|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(b) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(c) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(d) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
2. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
(b) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(c) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(d) To go to the desert monastery.
3. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(b) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(c) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(d) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
4. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
5. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(b) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(c) Stopping an execution.
(d) Arresting Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
2. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
3. Who is "The Curse"?
4. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
5. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)