|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He encourages them.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He tells them not to impede God's will.
2. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(b) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(c) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
(d) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
3. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) What signals Jesus receives from God.
(b) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(c) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(d) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(b) Arresting Jesus.
(c) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(d) Stopping an execution.
5. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
3. Who is "The Curse"?
4. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
5. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)