|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
(a) Fear drives him into the desert.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is not the Messiah.
(d) He is afraid to leave his mother's house.
2. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) The Zealots.
(c) Zebedee and his workers.
(d) Jesus and his disciples.
3. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
(a) Committing every conceivable sin to make God detest him.
(b) Hiding himself in the monastery.
(c) Helping his disciples to see him as human.
(d) Doing what he can to keep the Romans out of Nazareth.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(b) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(c) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(d) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
5. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(b) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(c) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(d) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
2. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
3. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
4. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
5. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)