|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
(a) He is afraid to leave his mother's house.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is not the Messiah.
(d) Fear drives him into the desert.
2. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "My master!"
(b) "How long?"
(d) "What would you have me do?"
3. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
(a) He is resigned to them.
(b) He is happy about them.
(c) He is puzzled by them.
(d) He is tormented by them.
4. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(b) They throw small stones at him.
(c) They call him a "cross-maker."
(d) They call his mother names.
5. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
4. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
5. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)