|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) Zebedee and his workers.
(b) Jesus and his disciples.
(c) The Zealots.
(d) The Israelites.
2. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(b) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(c) To provoke the Romans.
(d) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
3. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
(a) He is the Messiah, and should begin acting that way.
(b) He should propose to Mary Magdalene.
(c) All are God's creatures.
(d) He cannot save everyone, and must choose wisely.
4. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He tells them not to impede God's will.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He encourages them.
5. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(b) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(c) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(d) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
2. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
4. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
5. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)