|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(b) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(c) Why he has them.
(d) What he has to do to make them stop.
2. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
(a) At 3.
(b) At 15.
(c) At 9.
(d) At 12.
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He rises to Heaven.
(b) He is sent to Hell.
(c) He is pursued as "The One."
(d) He is crucified.
4. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He tells them not to impede God's will.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He encourages them.
5. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(b) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(c) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(d) To make God detest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
2. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
3. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
4. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)