|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Leaving his mother's house.
(b) Turning his back on his disciples.
(c) Traveling to Golgotha.
(d) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
2. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(b) Jesus is the Messiah.
(c) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(d) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
3. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A dove.
(d) An owl.
4. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She screams "Adonai!"
(b) She slaps Jesus.
(c) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(d) She collapses.
5. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(b) Stopping an execution.
(c) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(d) Arresting Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
3. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
4. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
5. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)