|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(b) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(c) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(d) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
2. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) Jesus and his disciples.
(c) Zebedee and his workers.
(d) The Zealots.
3. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
(b) The Devil.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) The Zealot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
4. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
5. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)