|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
(a) He is happy about them.
(b) He is puzzled by them.
(c) He is tormented by them.
(d) He is resigned to them.
2. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Zealots.
(b) The Israelites.
(c) Jesus and his disciples.
(d) Zebedee and his workers.
3. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
4. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(b) The Zealot.
(d) John the Baptist.
5. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(b) Why he has them.
(c) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(d) What he has to do to make them stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
5. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)