|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) An owl.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A dove.
(d) A falcon.
2. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
(b) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(c) To go to the desert monastery.
(d) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
3. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(b) She collapses.
(c) She slaps Jesus.
(d) She screams "Adonai!"
4. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. How does Jesus feel about these dreams?
(a) He is happy about them.
(b) He is resigned to them.
(c) He is puzzled by them.
(d) He is tormented by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
2. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
3. Why does Jesus commit sins?
4. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
5. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)