|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(d) The cross Jesus made tilts.
2. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
(a) Tending to her animals.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Spinning wool.
(d) Making soap.
3. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Arresting Jesus.
(c) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(d) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
4. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To make God detest him.
(b) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(c) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(d) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
5. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(b) "What would you have me do?"
(c) "My master!"
(d) "How long?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
3. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
4. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
5. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)