|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
2. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(b) They call his mother names.
(c) They throw small stones at him.
(d) They call him a "cross-maker."
3. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(b) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(c) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(d) To make God detest him.
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(d) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
5. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
(a) At 3.
(b) At 12.
(c) At 15.
(d) At 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
3. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
4. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
5. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)