|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(d) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
2. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(c) Arresting Jesus.
(d) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
3. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He tells them not to impede God's will.
(c) He encourages them.
(d) He says nothing.
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
2. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
3. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
4. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
5. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)