|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(b) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(c) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(d) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
3. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(b) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(c) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(d) To make God detest him.
4. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
5. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(b) Why he has them.
(c) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(d) What he has to do to make them stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
2. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
3. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)