|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(b) Whenever he feels pleasure.
(c) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(d) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
2. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Turning his back on his disciples.
(b) Traveling to Golgotha.
(c) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
(d) Leaving his mother's house.
3. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "My master!"
(b) "How long?"
(d) "What would you have me do?"
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(b) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(c) To make God detest him.
(d) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
4. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
5. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)