|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(b) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(c) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(d) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
2. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) What he has to do to make them stop.
(b) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(c) Why he has them.
(d) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
3. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Traveling to Golgotha.
(b) Turning his back on his disciples.
(c) Leaving his mother's house.
(d) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
4. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(b) The Zealot.
(c) John the Baptist.
5. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To make God detest him.
(b) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(c) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(d) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
3. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
4. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
5. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)