|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
2. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
(b) To make God detest him.
(c) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(d) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
3. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(b) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(c) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
(d) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
4. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
(a) The Israelites.
(b) Zebedee and his workers.
(c) The Zealots.
(d) Jesus and his disciples.
5. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is sent to Hell.
(b) He is crucified.
(c) He rises to Heaven.
(d) He is pursued as "The One."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
3. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
4. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
5. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)