|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
2. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(b) Whenever he feels pleasure.
(c) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(d) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
3. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(b) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(c) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(d) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
(a) Why he has them.
(b) Whether it is God or the Devil who visits him.
(c) Whether he is really the Chosen One.
(d) What he has to do to make them stop.
5. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Arresting Jesus.
(c) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(d) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
3. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
4. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)