|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) An owl.
(b) A falcon.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A dove.
2. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is pursued as "The One."
(b) He is crucified.
(c) He is sent to Hell.
(d) He rises to Heaven.
3. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(b) To go to the desert monastery.
(c) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(d) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
4. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) The Zealot.
5. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(b) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(c) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(d) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
2. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
3. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
4. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
5. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)