|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With pity.
(b) With disappointment.
(c) With anger.
(d) With love.
2. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He encourages them.
(c) He tells them not to impede God's will.
(d) He says nothing.
3. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(b) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(c) Whenever he feels pleasure.
(d) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
4. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "How long?"
(c) "My master!"
(d) "What would you have me do?"
5. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) The Zealot.
(b) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus wonder about his dreams?
2. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
3. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
5. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)