|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
(b) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(c) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(d) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
2. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(c) Arresting Jesus.
(d) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
3. What kind of invisible animal does Jesus feel sinking its claws into his skull?
(a) A falcon.
(b) A vulture.
(c) An owl.
(d) A dove.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
5. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She slaps Jesus.
(b) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(c) She screams "Adonai!"
(d) She collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
2. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
3. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
4. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
5. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)