|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To go to the desert monastery.
(b) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(c) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(d) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
2. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The cross Jesus made tilts.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(d) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
3. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "What would you have me do?"
(b) "My master!"
(c) "How long?"
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Arresting Jesus.
(c) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(d) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
5. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(c) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(d) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
2. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
3. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
4. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
5. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)