|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call his mother names.
(b) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(c) They call him a "cross-maker."
(d) They throw small stones at him.
2. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) The Zealot.
3. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
4. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
(b) Whenever he feels pleasure.
(c) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
(d) Whenever he has committed a sin.
5. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
(a) With love.
(b) With disappointment.
(c) With anger.
(d) With pity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Jesus commit sins?
3. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
5. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)