|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matthew respond when Peter tells him about his dream?
(a) He thinks that Peter is possessed.
(b) He thinks that Peter is a prophet.
(c) He thinks that the events must have occurred somewhere.
(d) He thinks that Peter is going insane.
2. What does the rabbi tell Jesus, in Chapter 11?
(a) Pity and mercy can save humankind.
(b) Pity must be put into action, through love and mercy.
(c) Pity is not enough; there must also be love.
(d) Love is only an idea, unless he who loves is also merciful.
3. What does the angel demand of Matthew?
(a) He must record only Jesus's good works, not his sins and human failings.
(b) He must record everything that transpires with Jesus and the disciples.
(c) He must change the story of Jesus's birth, so that it is written in accordance with prophecy.
(d) He must embellish Jesus's story to make him seem more supernatural and miraculous.
4. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
(a) The visitors that brought him gifts when he was young.
(b) A message that was delivered to her by God.
(c) The moment of his birth.
(d) Happy memories of his childhood.
5. Jacob sees Jesus in Magdala, and mentally compares him to whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary Magdalene being chased, by a mob, to Capernaum?
2. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
3. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
4. Who does Jesus bring back to life in Chapter 25?
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)