|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
(b) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) The fish dance.
2. What are Alpha and Omega?
(a) A reference to Creation and Armageddon.
(b) Nicknames for two of Jesus's disciples.
(c) Terms for Jesus's birth and his death.
(d) A reference to seven angels who, supposedly, will descend from Heaven to destroy the Earth and open the Abyss.
3. Why does Jesus get frustrated with his disciples in Chapter 21?
(a) They are refusing to acknowledge him in public.
(b) They are behaving in a cowardly fashion.
(c) They won't stay and protect him.
(d) They fail to understand one of his parables.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
5. Who brings news of the beheading of John the Baptist?
(c) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
2. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
3. Where does Jesus revive after the incident in Jerusalem's temple?
4. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
5. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)