|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He is afraid to leave his mother's house.
(c) He is not the Messiah.
(d) Fear drives him into the desert.
2. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Make a pilgrimage.
(b) Be exorcised.
(c) Get baptized.
(d) Get married.
3. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
(a) God gently tells him to do so.
(b) He thinks it will displease God.
(c) He wants to make things easier for his mother and father.
(d) He wants to get away from God's persistent commands.
4. Who is "The Curse"?
(a) A snake with a woman's head.
(b) An armor-clad woman with an eagle's head.
(c) An invisible vulture that claws at Jesus's head.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
5. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To provoke the Romans.
(b) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(c) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(d) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacob sees Jesus in Magdala, and mentally compares him to whom?
2. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
3. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
4. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
5. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)