|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(b) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(c) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(d) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
3. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
(a) Philip despises Jesus's father.
(b) Jesus is a cross-maker.
(c) Philip does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
(d) Philip is in love with Mary Magdalene.
4. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(b) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
(c) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(d) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
5. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He is sent to Hell.
(b) He rises to Heaven.
(c) He is pursued as "The One."
(d) He is crucified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
2. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
3. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
4. Why does Jesus get trapped in Magdala?
5. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)