|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
(b) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(c) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
(d) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
2. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He rises to Heaven.
(b) He is pursued as "The One."
(c) He is sent to Hell.
(d) He is crucified.
3. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(b) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(c) To make God detest him.
(d) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
4. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
(a) John the Baptist.
(c) The Zealot.
5. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
(a) Whenever something bad happens to one of his disciples.
(b) Whenever he feels pleasure.
(c) Whenever he has committed a sin.
(d) Whenever he is in close proximity to the Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
2. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
3. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
5. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)