|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
(a) He wants to get away from God's persistent commands.
(b) He wants to make things easier for his mother and father.
(c) He thinks it will displease God.
(d) God gently tells him to do so.
2. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
3. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He doesn't trust Judas.
(b) Zebedee is his employer.
(c) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(d) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
(a) The crowd taunts Jesus for making the cross.
(b) Jesus is too weak to hoist the cross.
(c) The man who is to be executed spits on Jesus.
(d) The cross Jesus made tilts.
5. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(b) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(c) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(d) To get Simeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus's mother recall as he passes her, carrying the cross that he built?
2. The ants, the lizard and the butterflies convince Jesus of what?
3. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
4. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
5. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)