|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jesus commit sins?
(a) To make God detest him.
(b) To better relate to his followers, because they too are sinners.
(c) To convince his followers that he is unworthy of being the Messiah.
(d) Because he is human, and therefore imperfect.
2. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(a) "My master!"
(b) "How long?"
(d) "What would you have me do?"
3. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
(a) Leaves Magdala.
(b) Swears to never see her again.
(c) Repents in prayer.
(d) Scourges himself.
4. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(b) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
(c) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(d) To get Simeon.
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
2. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
3. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
4. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)