|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(b) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(c) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(d) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
2. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call him a "cross-maker."
(b) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(c) They throw small stones at him.
(d) They call his mother names.
3. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(b) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(c) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(d) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
4. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(b) "My master!"
(c) "What would you have me do?"
(d) "How long?"
5. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Enter a desert monastery.
(b) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(c) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(d) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
2. Who takes over carrying the cross that Jesus built, when Jesus becomes tired?
3. Who warns Jesus that Judas intends to kill him in Magdala?
4. Who is the first person to be executed in the novel?
5. Who keeps Philip from murdering Jesus?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)