|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
(b) What signals Jesus receives from God.
(c) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(d) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
2. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(b) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(c) Jesus is the Messiah.
(d) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
4. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
(a) At 9.
(b) At 15.
(c) At 3.
(d) At 12.
5. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(b) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(c) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(d) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
2. Why does the old woman feed Jesus?
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
4. Who is "The Curse"?
5. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)