|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
(a) She slaps Jesus.
(b) She collapses.
(c) She falls, weeping, into Joseph's arms.
(d) She screams "Adonai!"
2. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
(c) Arresting Jesus.
(d) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
3. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
(a) To leave his mother's house for Jerusalem.
(b) To propose to Mary Magdalene.
(c) To go to the desert monastery.
(d) To not provide a cross for that day's execution.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
(a) Jesus tells Simeon that he will resist God until he dies.
(b) Jesus tells Simeon that he is not the Messiah.
(c) Jesus tells Simeon to get out of his house.
(d) Jesus tells Simeon that he defies God's will for his mother's sake.
5. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
2. When did Jesus first feel the clawing sensation?
3. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
4. Who is helping Barabbas, in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)