|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(b) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(c) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(d) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
2. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(b) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
(c) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(d) Jesus is the Messiah.
3. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
(a) Why she was chosen to give birth to Jesus.
(b) Why Jesus has been chosen as the Messiah.
(c) Why God is forcing Jesus to do things he doesn't want to do.
(d) Why a white dove has climbed onto her knees.
4. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
5. How does Mary Magdalene feel about God?
(a) She is an atheist.
(b) She believes in God, but she does not practice a religion.
(c) She believes God exists, but does not believe in the same God Jesus does.
(d) She hates God because he has kept her from being happy with Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
2. Jesus realizes that the central figure in all of his dreams is __________.
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
5. What is Jesus's defense to save himself from God hunting him?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)