|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) Jesus is the Messiah.
(b) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(c) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(d) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
2. What does Jesus believe about the Messiah?
(a) He believes that he is the Messiah.
(b) He believes that people will not be ready when the Messiah comes.
(c) He believes that he will die alone, crowned with thorns, atop a mountain.
(d) He does not believe that the Messiah is coming.
3. What does the crowd do to taunt Jesus in Chapter 1?
(a) They call him a "cross-maker."
(b) They call Mary Magdalene a "slut."
(c) They throw small stones at him.
(d) They call his mother names.
4. What is Barabbas planning on doing in Chapter 1?
(a) Stopping an execution.
(b) Arresting Jesus.
(c) Arresting Mary Magdalene.
(d) Rounding up Jesus's disciples.
5. Who is "The Curse"?
(a) An invisible vulture that claws at Jesus's head.
(b) A snake with a woman's head.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
(d) An armor-clad woman with an eagle's head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
2. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
3. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
4. Who pronounces Abbot Joachim dead?
5. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)