|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(b) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
(c) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(d) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
2. Who summons the monks to hear Abbot Joachim's last words?
3. What happens to Jesus in his dreams?
(a) He rises to Heaven.
(b) He is sent to Hell.
(c) He is pursued as "The One."
(d) He is crucified.
4. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
5. What does Simeon tell Jesus's mother, in regard to her son?
(a) She must resign herself to the fact that Jesus will die young.
(b) It is God that torments him, not a demon, so there can be no exorcism.
(c) He will have a very difficult life, because he is the Messiah.
(d) He is unsure whether Jesus is suited to the role of being the Messiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. After watching Jesus carry the cross he built, to whom does Simeon compare Jesus?
2. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
3. What is Jesus unable to vanquish?
4. After hearing what Jesus says to Simeon, what does Jesus's mother do?
5. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)