|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
(a) His birth.
(b) God and Satan clashing over him.
(c) Seeing his mother's face surrounded by light.
(d) Being suckled by a lioness.
2. Why does Jacob resist when Barabbas drags Mary Magdalene out?
(a) He knows how angry Jesus will be.
(b) He is in love with Mary Magdalene.
(c) He and Mary Magdalene were childhood friends.
(d) He wants to observe Moses's law.
3. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
(a) God has assured him that he will live to see the Messiah.
(b) Jerusalem will be restored to its former glory.
(c) Jesus is the Messiah.
(d) The Israelites will be successful in their revolt against the Romans.
4. What is the rabbi's usual cry to God?
(b) "How long?"
(c) "What would you have me do?"
(d) "My master!"
5. Why is John sent to Nazareth?
(a) To get Jesus to save Abbot Joachim.
(b) To tell everyone that Abbot Joachim is dead.
(c) To get Simeon.
(d) To obtain Jesus's blessing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrew call Jesus?
2. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
3. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
5. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)