|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(b) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(c) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
(d) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
2. While all the men are in Zebedee's yard, what is Salome overjoyed about?
(a) Judas is helping them.
(b) Jesus is coming to visit.
(c) John is home.
(d) The Romans are leaving Capernaum.
3. Who does Zebedee assign to bring Andrew home?
4. What did the clawing sensation stop Jesus from doing when he was twenty years old?
(a) Traveling to Golgotha.
(b) Leaving his mother's house.
(c) Turning his back on his disciples.
(d) Proposing to Mary Magdalene.
5. What does Simeon say to the men who move to block Jesus's path, as he carries the cross he built?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He encourages them.
(c) He says nothing.
(d) He tells them not to impede God's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus tell Simeon when he arrives home and finds Simeon there?
2. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
3. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
4. Why is Jesus's mother embarrassed when the cross is hoisted for the first execution in the novel?
5. Which of these is NOT a punishment sent down to Jerusalem, by God?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)