|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Judas and Zebedee clash over?
(a) The consequences of the storm.
(b) How Zebedee treats his workers.
(c) The price of fish.
(d) Greed and the Messiah.
2. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
(d) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
3. What does Jesus do when he has an obscene dream after seeing Mary Magdalene?
(a) Scourges himself.
(b) Leaves Magdala.
(c) Repents in prayer.
(d) Swears to never see her again.
4. What does Simeon wonder about Jesus when they are at the monastery together?
(a) Why Jesus doesn't marry Mary Magdalene.
(b) What signals Jesus receives from God.
(c) When Jesus began thinking that he might be the Messiah.
(d) What hidden pain devours Jesus.
5. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
(a) A cross of white light.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) Hornlike flames.
(d) Claw marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Magdalene dare Jesus to admit?
2. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
3. What does Jesus say to the mob that wants to stone Mary Magdalene?
4. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
5. When does the clawing sensation occur for Jesus?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)