|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While they are hiding in Simon's Inn, who declares he will be the only one never to abandon Jesus?
2. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(b) To provoke the Romans.
(c) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(d) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
3. In Chapter 6, Jesus leaves home to do what?
(a) Make a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
(b) Visit Mary Magdalene.
(c) Enter a desert monastery.
(d) Face Barabbas in Golgotha.
4. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) The fish dance.
(b) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
(c) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
(a) He looks at Jesus, shocked.
(b) He scoffs at Jesus.
(c) He leaves, without saying anything else to Jesus.
(d) He agrees with Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary want Simeon to explain to her when he visits?
2. What is Mary doing when Simeon visits?
3. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
4. How does Jesus's mother look at him when he struggles and falls under the weight of the cross he built?
5. What does Simeon reveal to reassure the people?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)