|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathaniel want Jesus to do for him in Magdala?
(a) Preach to his group of friends and relatives.
(b) Convince Mary Magdalene to leave her life of sin.
(c) Bless his nephew's wedding.
(d) Help him to smuggle Mary Magdalene out of Magdala.
2. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
(a) He thinks that Judas is cursed.
(b) He doesn't trust Judas.
(c) He is afraid to associate himself with Judas and Jesus.
(d) Zebedee is his employer.
3. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
(b) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(c) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(d) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
4. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
(a) Dying and ascending to Heaven.
(b) Becoming the Son of God and God himself.
(c) Marrying Mary Magdalene and having a normal life.
(d) Leaving Nazareth and starting over somewhere that no one knows him.
5. Who visits Jesus in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
2. What does the snake, with the head of a woman, try to convince Jesus to do?
3. Who beheads John the Baptist?
4. Why does Judas waver in his intent to kill Jesus in the monastery?
5. What does Jesus's visitor try to persuade him to do in Chapter 1?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)