|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pilate initially refuse to be provoked into crucifying Jesus?
(a) He doesn't want Jesus to become a martyr.
(b) He is afraid that he will be reprimanded by the Roman government.
(c) He is afraid of retaliation from the Jewish people.
(d) He doesn't believe in crucifixion.
2. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
(a) The Curse.
(b) A fiery, menacing angel.
(c) The invisible claws.
(d) An angry mob.
3. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is appalled.
(b) He is ambivalent.
(c) He is touched by the sentiment.
(d) He is proud of Jacob.
4. What is Abbot Joachim's response when he meets Jesus?
(a) He is unconscious, and Jesus is unable to wake him.
(b) He screams "Adonai!" and faints.
(c) He looks hopeful, but is convinced by Jesus's conversation that he is not the Messiah.
(d) He looks blissful and says, "You've come."
5. Why does Philip want to murder Jesus?
(a) Philip despises Jesus's father.
(b) Jesus is a cross-maker.
(c) Philip does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
(d) Philip is in love with Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jesus prays in Gethsemane, what does he beg God to do?
2. What does Peter see on Jesus's forehead as he describes his time in the desert?
3. What is the subject of Jesus's earliest dream?
4. Why does Jesus leave home in Chapter 6?
5. How do Annas and Caiaphas feel about Jesus, after meeting him for the first time?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)