|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
(a) He is not loving enough.
(b) He is exactly what John imagined the Messiah would be.
(c) There is something he dislikes about Jesus, but he isn't sure what it is.
(d) He is too soft and sympathetic.
2. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is accused of blasphemy.
(c) He is accused of treason.
(d) He is arrested.
3. Why is Abbot Joachim starving himself to death?
(a) To bring Israel's grievances to the attention of God.
(b) To incite the Israelites to retaliate against the Romans.
(c) To provoke the Romans.
(d) To convince his followers to give up their material possessions.
4. What is Jesus's response to Jacob's vow at the paschal meal?
(a) He is proud of Jacob.
(b) He is appalled.
(c) He is ambivalent.
(d) He is touched by the sentiment.
5. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
Short Answer Questions
1. What archangel comes to Jesus while he is in the desert?
2. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
3. What happens to Lazarus on the road to Barabbas?
4. Why is Philip afraid to take Judas's side in his argument with Zebedee?
5. Why does Jesus think Magdalene prostitutes herself?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)