|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simeon rebuke Jesus after the Abbot's funeral?
(a) Jesus is showing too much weakness.
(b) Jesus has no pity for his mother.
(c) Jesus could have saved the Abbot.
(d) Jesus is trying to defy God's will.
2. Simeon advises Jesus to do what, because it often drives out demons?
(a) Be exorcised.
(b) Make a pilgrimage.
(c) Get married.
(d) Get baptized.
3. What promise does Jesus make to Judas, after his first meeting with Pilate?
(a) He will not allow the Romans to remain in power over Israel.
(b) He will oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem.
(c) He will leave Judas, as his most trusted disciple, to continue Jesus's teachings after his death.
(d) He will return, three days after his death, to judge all.
4. How does Jesus feel when he reads what Matthew has written?
(a) He feels that it is closely in accordance with the truth.
(b) He finds it full of lies, but he accepts that it may be God's higher truth.
(c) He knows it is false, but he likes it better than the truth.
(d) He is angry at Matthew and blames him for writing an inaccurate account.
5. How does Simeon respond when Jesus tells him about his dreams?
(a) He leaves, without saying anything else to Jesus.
(b) He agrees with Jesus.
(c) He scoffs at Jesus.
(d) He looks at Jesus, shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jesus's disciples wants to return to Galilee, while they are all hiding in Jerusalem?
2. What does Jesus tell Simeon he dreams of doing?
3. Why does Jesus send Peter and John to Jerusalem?
4. Why does Jerusalem stink?
5. What animal tells Jesus that the doors to Heaven and Hell are adjacent and identical?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)