|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who invites Jesus in and feeds him when he arrives in Bethany?
2. What happens when Jesus sheds his robe and steps into the water without repenting?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) The Spirit of the Jordan rises.
(c) The birds proclaim him to be the Son of God.
(d) The fish dance.
3. What animal has Jerusalem driven into the desert?
(a) The old vulture.
(b) The rabid dog.
(c) The scapegoat.
(d) The green serpent.
4. Who is "The Curse"?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) An invisible vulture that claws at Jesus's head.
(c) An armor-clad woman with an eagle's head.
(d) A snake with a woman's head.
5. What is Abbot Joachim's last speech about?
(a) The imminent arrival of the Messiah.
(b) Reasons why the Israelites should rise up against the Romans.
(c) God's loving and forgiving nature.
(d) Freedom, slavery, and liberation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus flee from, in Jerusalem's temple?
2. What happens to Simeon shortly before Passover?
3. What is John the Baptist's opinion of Jesus?
4. What does Jesus's quiet and elusive nature make Jacob suspect about him?
5. Who insists that the disciples stay in Jerusalem and protect Jesus, instead of returning to Galilee?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)