|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip devise a plan to try to get a hold of whom in Chapter 11?
2. What official do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to bring in to help them with the blackmail situation in Chapter 15?
3. Brill and who tell the kids that they should write their own story and that their papers will run it under the by-lines in Chapter 19?
4. The FCA was founded in what year?
5. Susan Carol calls the assistant of the dean, and her voice mail says if it's Chip, he should do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
2. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
3. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
4. Where does Chip agree to meet Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 16? Who does Susan Carol inform about their whereabouts?
5. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
6. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
7. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
8. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
9. How are Stevie and Susan Carol rescued in Chapter 17?
10. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the teams involved in the Final Four Games in the novel. Which team is Stevie rooting for? Which team is Susan Carol a fan of? What is the outcome of the games? How does the blackmailing scheme affect the games' outcome?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)