|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dean tells Susan Carol over the phone that he will look in his files for what in Chapter 12?
2. When they arrive at the arena, Steve Jurgenson gives both Stevie and Susan Carol what in Chapter 18?
3. Chip Graber makes a shot for how many points at the buzzer in Chapter 12?
4. Who has a debate with another journalist about how old Stevie and Susan Carol are in Chapter 12?
5. What official do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to bring in to help them with the blackmail situation in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
2. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
3. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
4. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
5. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
6. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
7. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
8. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
9. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
10. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Dick Weiss and the assignment given to Stevie and Susan Carol during their stay in New Orleans. What are the kids to write about and how often? How exclusive is the opportunity the kids are given? How do they feel about their assignments?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)