|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol and Stevie watch the game from where in Chapter 12?
2. At what time is there a knock at the hotel door where Stevie and Susan Carol are held hostage in Chapter 17?
3. Chip Graber makes a shot for how many points at the buzzer in Chapter 12?
4. Who comes to rescue Stevie and Susan Carol from the hostage situation in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 18, Steve Jurgenson shows up to take Stevie and Susan Carol to speak with whom from the FBI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
2. Where does Chip agree to meet Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 16? Who does Susan Carol inform about their whereabouts?
3. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
4. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
5. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
6. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
7. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
8. What leads Susan Carol to believe Professor Whiting is speaking with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 15?
9. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
10. Who do Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol find in the hotel room when they enter in Chapter 17? What do they learn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze conflict in the narrative. What are the three principle types of conflict that a character can encounter in a literary or dramatic work? Which are at play for Stevie in Chapter 5? What internal conflicts does Stevie encounter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Professor Thomas Whiting in the narrative. Why do Stevie and Susan Carol believe that Whiting is involved in the blackmailing plot? At what university does Whiting work? What does Professor Whiting reveal to Stevie and Susan Carol when they first speak with him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Susan Carol Anderson. How does Stevie feel about Susan Carol upon meeting her? How old is Susan Carol? Where is she from? How is Susan Carol's appearance described by the author? What kind of accent does she have?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)