|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol goes to write her story while Stevie is heading where to talk to Chip in the end of Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 18, Steve Jurgenson says it's what that led him to the location of the kids?
3. Susan Carol and Stevie watch the game from where in Chapter 12?
4. Who attempts to stop Stevie and Susan Carol when they arrive at the arena with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 18?
5. Susan Carol mentions what person having helped to connect them with the dean in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
2. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
3. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
4. What relationship does Steve Jurgenson have with Coach Graber, according to his story in Chapter 18? What is the plan upon arriving at the arena?
5. How are Stevie and Susan Carol rescued in Chapter 17?
6. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
7. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
8. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
9. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
10. Where does Chip agree to meet Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 16? Who does Susan Carol inform about their whereabouts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Susan Carol Anderson. How does Stevie feel about Susan Carol upon meeting her? How old is Susan Carol? Where is she from? How is Susan Carol's appearance described by the author? What kind of accent does she have?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, compare, and contrast the settings of Pennsylvania, North Carolina, New Orleans, and Bay St. Louis, Mississippi in the novel. Which characters live in each of these locations? How are the settings described by the author? How are they similar and dissimilar?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Professor Thomas Whiting in the narrative. Why do Stevie and Susan Carol believe that Whiting is involved in the blackmailing plot? At what university does Whiting work? What does Professor Whiting reveal to Stevie and Susan Carol when they first speak with him?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)