|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Jurgenson returns Chip's call to meet with Chip late that night at what hotel?
2. The FCA was founded in what year?
3. In Chapter 16, Stevie keeps looking at his watch because they are expecting to hear from Feeley before when?
4. Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip devise a plan to try to get a hold of whom in Chapter 11?
5. Chip meets with Stevie and Susan Carol where in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
2. Who do Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol find in the hotel room when they enter in Chapter 17? What do they learn?
3. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
4. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
5. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
6. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
7. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
8. What leads Susan Carol to believe Professor Whiting is speaking with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 15?
9. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
10. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)