|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The FCA was founded in what year?
2. Brill and who tell the kids that they should write their own story and that their papers will run it under the by-lines in Chapter 19?
3. Who do the kids discover was just a lead to throw Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol off the trail in Chapter 17?
4. Susan Carol asks the hotel to ring whose room when she and Stevie overhear a conversation in Chapter 15?
5. Susan Carol goes to write her story while Stevie is heading where to talk to Chip in the end of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
2. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
3. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
4. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
5. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
6. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
7. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
8. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
9. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
10. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the FCA and analyze and discuss the ethics of Susan Carol and Stevie's actions in the narrative. Given Susan Carol's religious nature, is her dishonesty seen in a different light than Stevie's? Why or why not? How do the kids feel about lying to their fathers?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)