|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Susan Carol tells Stevie Mr. Feeley is going to talk to whom?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol have dinner with their dads where in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 11, Chip is getting ready to leave for what?
4. Who answers the door at the hotel when Susan Carol, Stevie, and Chip arrive in the end of Chapter 16?
5. While waiting for Brill in his hotel lobby to go on his interview, Stevie and Susan Carol hear whose voice in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
2. What relationship does Steve Jurgenson have with Coach Graber, according to his story in Chapter 18? What is the plan upon arriving at the arena?
3. How are Stevie and Susan Carol rescued in Chapter 17?
4. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
5. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
6. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
7. Where does Chip agree to meet Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 16? Who does Susan Carol inform about their whereabouts?
8. What do Stevie and Susan Carol learn about Dean Wojenski in Chapter 19?
9. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
10. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Chip Graber in the novel. How old is Chip? On what team does Chip play? What is his position on the team? What story does Chip relate to Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10? Is it believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the blackmailing plot and Chip Graber's involvement. Why did Chip decide not to go to his father when Professor Whiting told him about his transcript? What would you have done under the circumstances? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)