|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Susan Carol is about to call Dean Wojenski before they go to what state?
2. Who do Susan Carol, Stevie and Chip discover is following them in the end of Chapter 14?
3. Susan Carol and Stevie head to what arena in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 19, after the award ceremony, Chip runs over to Stevie and Susan Carol and does what?
5. In Chapter 14, the dean catches Chip in a lie when he introduces Stevie as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
2. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
4. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
5. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
6. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
7. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
8. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
9. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
10. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss Stevie Thomas as the protagonist of the novel. How old is Stevie? What is the sporting event Stevie is covering? What award did Stevie win in order to cover the event? Where does Stevie live with his family? What does Stevie aspire to be when he grows up?
Essay Topic 3
Define, identify, and analyze conflict in the narrative. What are the three principle types of conflict that a character can encounter in a literary or dramatic work? Which are at play for Stevie in Chapter 5? What internal conflicts does Stevie encounter?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)