|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was John Feinstein born?
2. Brill and who tell the kids that they should write their own story and that their papers will run it under the by-lines in Chapter 19?
3. In what year did John Feinstein publish the all-time best seller, A Good Walk Spoiled?
4. The dean tells Susan Carol over the phone that he will look in his files for what in Chapter 12?
5. Susan Carol and Stevie watch the game from where in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
2. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
3. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
4. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
6. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
7. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
8. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
9. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
10. What relationship does Steve Jurgenson have with Coach Graber, according to his story in Chapter 18? What is the plan upon arriving at the arena?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Jerry Ventura in the novel. Why does Ventura give the kids his room key? What does the key allow them to access? Also discuss the actions of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 8. Is their dishonesty warranted?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Professor Thomas Whiting in the narrative. Why do Stevie and Susan Carol believe that Whiting is involved in the blackmailing plot? At what university does Whiting work? What does Professor Whiting reveal to Stevie and Susan Carol when they first speak with him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)