|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol discovers that Dean Wojenski lives in what city in Chapter 11?
2. Susan Carol mentions what person having helped to connect them with the dean in Chapter 14?
3. Chip meets with Stevie and Susan Carol where in Chapter 16?
4. Who taps Stevie on the shoulder and tells Stevie they need to have a talk at the end of Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 16, Jurgenson returns Chip's call to meet with Chip late that night at what hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
2. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
3. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
4. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
5. What led Steve Jurgenson to follow Chip, Stevie and Susan Carol, according to his story in Chapter 18?
6. What leads Susan Carol to believe Professor Whiting is speaking with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 15?
7. What relationship does Steve Jurgenson have with Coach Graber, according to his story in Chapter 18? What is the plan upon arriving at the arena?
8. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
9. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
10. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze exposition and rising action in a literary narrative and in this particular novel. How does the author transition the narrative from exposition to suspense? How traditional is this plot structure? What does the author reveal through exposition in the first chapters? How does this effectively set up the plot and characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Dick Weiss and the assignment given to Stevie and Susan Carol during their stay in New Orleans. What are the kids to write about and how often? How exclusive is the opportunity the kids are given? How do they feel about their assignments?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the teams involved in the Final Four Games in the novel. Which team is Stevie rooting for? Which team is Susan Carol a fan of? What is the outcome of the games? How does the blackmailing scheme affect the games' outcome?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)