|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a state or condition of mental uncertainty or excitement, as in awaiting a decision or outcome, usually accompanied by a degree of apprehension or anxiety?
2. In what year did John Feinstein publish the all-time best seller, A Good Walk Spoiled?
3. Who attempts to stop Stevie and Susan Carol when they arrive at the arena with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 18, Steve Jurgenson says it's what that led him to the location of the kids?
5. Susan Carol asks the hotel to ring whose room when she and Stevie overhear a conversation in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
2. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
3. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
4. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
5. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
6. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
7. What do Stevie and Susan Carol learn about Dean Wojenski in Chapter 19?
8. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
9. What led Steve Jurgenson to follow Chip, Stevie and Susan Carol, according to his story in Chapter 18?
10. What is foreshadowed in Chapter 16 regarding Stuart Feeley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Susan Carol Anderson. How does Stevie feel about Susan Carol upon meeting her? How old is Susan Carol? Where is she from? How is Susan Carol's appearance described by the author? What kind of accent does she have?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)