|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Stevie and Susan Carol part for the night, Susan Carol does what in Chapter 13?
2. Stevie checks in with Susan Carol and she sends Stevie off to get what for her in Chapter 13?
3. The official who Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to bring in to help them with the blackmail situation in Chapter 15 is chairman of the board of trustees for what college?
4. Where does Steve Jurgenson drive Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 11, Chip is getting ready to leave for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Steve Jurgenson to follow Chip, Stevie and Susan Carol, according to his story in Chapter 18?
2. What do Stevie and Susan Carol learn about Dean Wojenski in Chapter 19?
3. Where does Chip agree to meet Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 16? Who does Susan Carol inform about their whereabouts?
4. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
5. What is foreshadowed in Chapter 16 regarding Stuart Feeley?
6. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
7. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
8. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
9. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
10. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, compare, and contrast the settings of Pennsylvania, North Carolina, New Orleans, and Bay St. Louis, Mississippi in the novel. Which characters live in each of these locations? How are the settings described by the author? How are they similar and dissimilar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)