|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol explain to Chip how who helped save them in Chapter 19?
2. Susan Carol asks the hotel to ring whose room when she and Stevie overhear a conversation in Chapter 15?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol head where to watch the remainder of the game after they are spotted by Chip in Chapter 18?
4. At what time is there a knock at the hotel door where Stevie and Susan Carol are held hostage in Chapter 17?
5. Where is Chip Graber from in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
2. What led Steve Jurgenson to follow Chip, Stevie and Susan Carol, according to his story in Chapter 18?
3. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
4. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
5. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
6. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
7. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
8. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
9. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
10. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze conflict in the narrative. What are the three principle types of conflict that a character can encounter in a literary or dramatic work? Which are at play for Stevie in Chapter 5? What internal conflicts does Stevie encounter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the FCA and analyze and discuss the ethics of Susan Carol and Stevie's actions in the narrative. Given Susan Carol's religious nature, is her dishonesty seen in a different light than Stevie's? Why or why not? How do the kids feel about lying to their fathers?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)