|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol mentions what person having helped to connect them with the dean in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 14, Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip arrive at the dean's house at what time?
3. Dick Weiss is the sports reporter for what publication?
4. While waiting for Brill in his hotel lobby to go on his interview, Stevie and Susan Carol hear whose voice in Chapter 15?
5. Chip arranges to borrow what after talking with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
2. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
3. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
4. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
5. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
6. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
7. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
8. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
9. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
10. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the teams involved in the Final Four Games in the novel. Which team is Stevie rooting for? Which team is Susan Carol a fan of? What is the outcome of the games? How does the blackmailing scheme affect the games' outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)