|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol mentions what person having helped to connect them with the dean in Chapter 14?
2. Susan Carol and Stevie go to whose suite to sit in on the interview with him and Brill in Chapter 15?
3. When Susan Carol calls the dean in Chapter 12, the dean tells Susan Carol to come by his house when?
4. When they arrive at the arena, Steve Jurgenson gives both Stevie and Susan Carol what in Chapter 18?
5. Susan Carol sends notice to call to the FBI if they don't make it to the arena by what time in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
2. What is foreshadowed in Chapter 16 regarding Stuart Feeley?
3. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
4. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
5. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
6. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
7. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
8. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
9. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
10. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze conflict in the narrative. What are the three principle types of conflict that a character can encounter in a literary or dramatic work? Which are at play for Stevie in Chapter 5? What internal conflicts does Stevie encounter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze and discuss Stevie and Susan Carol's impressions of the conversation overheard on the docks in Chapter 5. How does this information lend itself to both internal and external conflicts for the characters? What would you do if faced with this information?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)