|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Christine Braman's husband in the novel?
2. Susan Carol calls the assistant of the dean, and her voice mail says if it's Chip, he should do what?
3. Who had called Jurgenson to check on Chip in Chapter 18?
4. Stevie goes into the press room to find whom in Chapter 15?
5. While waiting for Brill in his hotel lobby to go on his interview, Stevie and Susan Carol hear whose voice in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
2. What relationship does Steve Jurgenson have with Coach Graber, according to his story in Chapter 18? What is the plan upon arriving at the arena?
3. How are Stevie and Susan Carol rescued in Chapter 17?
4. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
5. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
6. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
7. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
8. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
9. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
10. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss Stevie Thomas as the protagonist of the novel. How old is Stevie? What is the sporting event Stevie is covering? What award did Stevie win in order to cover the event? Where does Stevie live with his family? What does Stevie aspire to be when he grows up?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)