|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FCA stand for in the novel?
2. Who attempts to stop Stevie and Susan Carol when they arrive at the arena with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 18?
3. Susan Carol and Stevie go to whose suite to sit in on the interview with him and Brill in Chapter 15?
4. Who is the president of MSU in the novel?
5. Who had called Jurgenson to check on Chip in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
2. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
3. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
4. How are Stevie and Susan Carol rescued in Chapter 17?
5. Who do Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol find in the hotel room when they enter in Chapter 17? What do they learn?
6. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
7. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
8. What do Stevie and Susan Carol learn about Dean Wojenski in Chapter 19?
9. Who ends up following Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol in Chapter 14? How do they discover this?
10. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the teams involved in the Final Four Games in the novel. Which team is Stevie rooting for? Which team is Susan Carol a fan of? What is the outcome of the games? How does the blackmailing scheme affect the games' outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Jerry Ventura in the novel. Why does Ventura give the kids his room key? What does the key allow them to access? Also discuss the actions of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 8. Is their dishonesty warranted?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)