|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, the kidnappers say they will hold the kids hostage until they are sure that Chip will do what?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol head where to watch the remainder of the game after they are spotted by Chip in Chapter 18?
3. John Feinstein received his bachelor's degree in what year?
4. Susan Carol and Stevie watch the game from where in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 15, Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol arrive at the back door of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
2. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
3. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
4. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
5. What is foreshadowed in Chapter 16 regarding Stuart Feeley?
6. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
7. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
8. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
9. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
10. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze and discuss Stevie and Susan Carol's impressions of the conversation overheard on the docks in Chapter 5. How does this information lend itself to both internal and external conflicts for the characters? What would you do if faced with this information?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)