|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie goes into the press room to find whom in Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of Stuart Feeley's assistant in the novel?
3. In Chapter 13, Jerry Ventura questions Stevie about what?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol go back to their hotel and have lunch with whom in Chapter 11?
5. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie tell they have an interview with the FCA in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
2. What do Stevie and Susan Carol learn about Dean Wojenski in Chapter 19?
3. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
4. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
5. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
6. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
7. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
8. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
9. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
10. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the FCA and analyze and discuss the ethics of Susan Carol and Stevie's actions in the narrative. Given Susan Carol's religious nature, is her dishonesty seen in a different light than Stevie's? Why or why not? How do the kids feel about lying to their fathers?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)