|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
2. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol identify as the blackmailer by his voice in Chapter 6?
3. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
5. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
2. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
3. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
4. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
5. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
6. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
7. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
8. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
9. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
10. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the teams involved in the Final Four Games in the novel. Which team is Stevie rooting for? Which team is Susan Carol a fan of? What is the outcome of the games? How does the blackmailing scheme affect the games' outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)