|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
2. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
3. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
5. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
2. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
3. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
4. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
5. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
6. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
7. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
8. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
9. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
10. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)