|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The character of Susan Carol is described as being very what in the narrative?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
4. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
5. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
2. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
3. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
4. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
5. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
6. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
7. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
8. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
9. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
10. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze conflict in the narrative. What are the three principle types of conflict that a character can encounter in a literary or dramatic work? Which are at play for Stevie in Chapter 5? What internal conflicts does Stevie encounter?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the blackmailing plot and Chip Graber's involvement. Why did Chip decide not to go to his father when Professor Whiting told him about his transcript? What would you have done under the circumstances? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)