|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
2. Whose room are Stevie and Susan Carol attempting to locate in Chapter 8?
3. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place at what arena?
4. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
5. When Stevie and Susan Carol read Professor Whiting's bio in the media program, they find out he sits on a sub-committee about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
2. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
3. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
4. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
5. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
6. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
7. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
8. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
9. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
10. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Chip Graber in the novel. How old is Chip? On what team does Chip play? What is his position on the team? What story does Chip relate to Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10? Is it believable? Why or why not?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)