|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol's father is responsible for founding a religious group for what?
2. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
3. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
5. How old is Stevie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
2. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
3. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
4. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
5. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
6. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
7. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
8. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
9. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
10. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, compare, and contrast the settings of Pennsylvania, North Carolina, New Orleans, and Bay St. Louis, Mississippi in the novel. Which characters live in each of these locations? How are the settings described by the author? How are they similar and dissimilar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)