|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible object to represent a less tangible object or some intangible quality or idea?
2. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
3. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol see with a man in gray suit at the news compound in Chapter 5?
4. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
5. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
2. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
3. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
4. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
5. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
6. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
8. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
9. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
10. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Dick Weiss and the assignment given to Stevie and Susan Carol during their stay in New Orleans. What are the kids to write about and how often? How exclusive is the opportunity the kids are given? How do they feel about their assignments?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)