|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose room are Stevie and Susan Carol attempting to locate in Chapter 8?
2. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
3. In Chapter 5, Stevie starts to get antsy as they sit through what?
4. The character of Susan Carol is described as being very what in the narrative?
5. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
2. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
3. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
4. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
5. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
6. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
7. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
8. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
9. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
10. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze exposition and rising action in a literary narrative and in this particular novel. How does the author transition the narrative from exposition to suspense? How traditional is this plot structure? What does the author reveal through exposition in the first chapters? How does this effectively set up the plot and characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the blackmailing plot and Chip Graber's involvement. Why did Chip decide not to go to his father when Professor Whiting told him about his transcript? What would you have done under the circumstances? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)