|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
2. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
3. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
4. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
5. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
2. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
3. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
4. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
5. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
6. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
7. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
8. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
9. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
10. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze exposition and rising action in a literary narrative and in this particular novel. How does the author transition the narrative from exposition to suspense? How traditional is this plot structure? What does the author reveal through exposition in the first chapters? How does this effectively set up the plot and characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Susan Carol Anderson. How does Stevie feel about Susan Carol upon meeting her? How old is Susan Carol? Where is she from? How is Susan Carol's appearance described by the author? What kind of accent does she have?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)