|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
3. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
5. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
2. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
3. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
4. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
5. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
6. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
7. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
8. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
9. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
10. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Dick Weiss and the assignment given to Stevie and Susan Carol during their stay in New Orleans. What are the kids to write about and how often? How exclusive is the opportunity the kids are given? How do they feel about their assignments?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Susan Carol Anderson. How does Stevie feel about Susan Carol upon meeting her? How old is Susan Carol? Where is she from? How is Susan Carol's appearance described by the author? What kind of accent does she have?
Essay Topic 3
Define, identify, and analyze exposition and rising action in a literary narrative and in this particular novel. How does the author transition the narrative from exposition to suspense? How traditional is this plot structure? What does the author reveal through exposition in the first chapters? How does this effectively set up the plot and characters?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)