|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol's father is responsible for founding a religious group for what?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
3. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
4. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
5. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
2. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
3. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
4. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
5. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
6. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
7. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
8. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
9. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
10. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Professor Thomas Whiting in the narrative. Why do Stevie and Susan Carol believe that Whiting is involved in the blackmailing plot? At what university does Whiting work? What does Professor Whiting reveal to Stevie and Susan Carol when they first speak with him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the press conferences in the novel and analyze the character of Coach K in the narrative. What is Susan Carol's relationship with Coach K? How does the author describe the press interviews? What sports celebrities are mentioned in the narrative and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)