|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the guard takes them to Chip in Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol give Chip hints in front of the guard to let them know they overheard his conversation yesterday with whom?
2. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
3. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
4. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 5, Stevie starts to get antsy as they sit through what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
2. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
3. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
4. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
5. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
6. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
7. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
8. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
9. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
10. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the teams involved in the Final Four Games in the novel. Which team is Stevie rooting for? Which team is Susan Carol a fan of? What is the outcome of the games? How does the blackmailing scheme affect the games' outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)