|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
3. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
5. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
2. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
3. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
4. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
5. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
6. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
7. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
8. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
9. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
10. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, compare, and contrast the settings of Pennsylvania, North Carolina, New Orleans, and Bay St. Louis, Mississippi in the novel. Which characters live in each of these locations? How are the settings described by the author? How are they similar and dissimilar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
Essay Topic 3
Define, identify, and analyze exposition and rising action in a literary narrative and in this particular novel. How does the author transition the narrative from exposition to suspense? How traditional is this plot structure? What does the author reveal through exposition in the first chapters? How does this effectively set up the plot and characters?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)