|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
2. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to write one story how often during the event in Chapter 3?
5. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
2. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
3. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
4. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
6. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
7. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
8. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
9. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
10. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the NCAA, the Superdome, and ticket scalping in the novel. What is the legality of selling tickets at the arena? For how much are the tickets to the Final Four Games selling? Why does Stevie have a hard time getting his press pass? What are Stevie's impressions of the arena?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss Stevie Thomas as the protagonist of the novel. How old is Stevie? What is the sporting event Stevie is covering? What award did Stevie win in order to cover the event? Where does Stevie live with his family? What does Stevie aspire to be when he grows up?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)