|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
2. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
4. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
5. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
2. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
3. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
4. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
5. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
6. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
7. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
8. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
9. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
10. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define, identify, and analyze conflict in the narrative. What are the three principle types of conflict that a character can encounter in a literary or dramatic work? Which are at play for Stevie in Chapter 5? What internal conflicts does Stevie encounter?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Dean Wojenski and Christine Braman in the novel. How are each of these characters potentially involved in the blackmailing plot? What motivation would Braman have in blackmailing Chip? How is Chip's father involved in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)