|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Stevie and Susan Carol tell their story to Chip, and Chip says there is nothing they can do about what?
2. How old is Stevie?
3. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
4. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
5. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
2. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
3. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
4. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
5. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
6. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
7. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
8. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
9. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
10. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe, analyze and discuss the characters of Brill and Weiss in the novel. How do Stevie and Susan Carol feel about their assigned reporters? How seriously do Brill and Weiss take Stevie and Susan Carol when they are told about the conversation on the docks?
Essay Topic 2
Describe, analyze, and discuss the character of Chip Graber in the novel. How old is Chip? On what team does Chip play? What is his position on the team? What story does Chip relate to Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10? Is it believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)