|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
3. What is a literary and theatrical form consisting of a written or spoken conversational exchange between two or more people?
4. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
5. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
3. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
4. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
5. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
6. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
7. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
8. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
9. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
10. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the blackmailing plot and Chip Graber's involvement. Why did Chip decide not to go to his father when Professor Whiting told him about his transcript? What would you have done under the circumstances? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Jerry Ventura in the novel. Why does Ventura give the kids his room key? What does the key allow them to access? Also discuss the actions of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 8. Is their dishonesty warranted?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the plan developed by Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 7. Where do the kids decide to go in order to talk to Chip Graber? What do they hope to learn? How do the kids plan on getting around their fathers and assigned reporters in order to reach Chip?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)