|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Stevie and Susan Carol tell their story to Chip, and Chip says there is nothing they can do about what?
2. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
3. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
4. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
5. When Stevie and Susan Carol get to Chip's floor in Chapter 9 they are stopped by a security guard, but Stevie says he's what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
2. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
3. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
4. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
5. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
6. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
7. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
8. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
9. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
10. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of Bay St. Louis and its proximity to New Orleans and analyze and discuss the information derived by Susan Carol in Chapter 11. What did the dean's assistant's voicemail reveal? What do Stevie and Susan Carol plan to do in order to learn more about the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the FCA and analyze and discuss the ethics of Susan Carol and Stevie's actions in the narrative. Given Susan Carol's religious nature, is her dishonesty seen in a different light than Stevie's? Why or why not? How do the kids feel about lying to their fathers?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the actions and objectives of Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapters 1-7. What do each of the protagonists want? How do they go about achieving their desires? What appears to be the objective of each character? What actions does each character take?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)