|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, the kidnappers say they will hold the kids hostage until when?
(c) New Years Day.
(d) After the game.
2. What does FCA stand for in the novel?
(a) Foundation of Champion Atheletes.
(b) Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
(c) Foundation of Competitive Atheletes.
(d) Friends of Champion Atheletes.
3. Coach Graber comes up behind Chip to meet whom in Chapter 19?
(a) "The reporters."
(b) "The heroes."
(c) "The kids."
(d) "The brats."
4. Susan Carol goes to write her story while Stevie is heading where to talk to Chip in the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) The locker room.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The parking lot.
5. Dick Weiss is the sports reporter for what publication?
(a) The Seattle Times.
(b) NBA Monthly.
(c) Sports Illustrated.
(d) The New York Daily News.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol tells Stevie that the dean wants them to meet him when in Chapter 13?
2. In what capacity does Steve Jurgenson work for Chip's father?
3. When was Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery published?
4. In Chapter 19, Chip says his bad playing wasn't an attempt to throw the game but that he just couldn't concentrate until he saw what?
5. Stevie checks in with Susan Carol and she sends Stevie off to get what for her in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
2. What does the dean tell Susan Carol when she calls him in Chapter 12? Who does she encounter in the game?
3. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
4. What leads Susan Carol to believe Professor Whiting is speaking with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 15?
5. What does Susan Carol discover when she calls the dean's office in Chapter 11? Where is the dean located?
6. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
7. How are Stevie and Susan Carol rescued in Chapter 17?
8. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
9. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
10. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)