|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they arrive at the arena, Steve Jurgenson tells Stevie and Susan Carol they must do what in Chapter 18?
(a) Program the scoreboard.
(b) Contact the FBI.
(c) Stop the game.
(d) Be seen by Chip.
2. In Chapter 19, Chip says his bad playing wasn't an attempt to throw the game but that he just couldn't concentrate until he saw what?
(a) The score at the end of the first half.
(b) His coach take out the playbook.
(c) Special Agent Applebaum was on the case.
(d) Stevie and Susan Carol were safe.
3. When they arrive at the arena, Steve Jurgenson gives both Stevie and Susan Carol what in Chapter 18?
(b) All access passes.
4. In Chapter 19, after the award ceremony, who gives a press conference?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Coach Graber.
(c) Dean Wojenski.
(d) Dick Vitale.
5. Stevie checks in with Susan Carol and she sends Stevie off to get what for her in Chapter 13?
(b) Something to drink.
(c) A laptop computer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol go back to their hotel and have lunch with whom in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 18, Steve Jurgenson shows up to take Stevie and Susan Carol to speak with whom from the FBI?
3. What is the name of Stuart Feeley's assistant in the novel?
4. What character do Susan Carol and Stevie discover has gone missing after giving their statements in Chapter 19?
5. What refers to a state or condition of mental uncertainty or excitement, as in awaiting a decision or outcome, usually accompanied by a degree of apprehension or anxiety?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Stevie, Chip, and Susan Carol find in the hotel room when they enter in Chapter 17? What do they learn?
2. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
3. What moral of the story is revealed in Coach Graber's discussion with his son in Chapter 19?
4. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
5. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
6. What is foreshadowed in Chapter 16 regarding Stuart Feeley?
7. How does the game end in Chapter 12? Who does Stevie encounter after the game?
8. Why is Stevie antsy in the morning in Chapter 16? What news does he learn from Chip?
9. What lie do Stevie and Susan Carol devise in order to meet the dean in Chapter 13?
10. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)