|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, Chip says his bad playing wasn't an attempt to throw the game but that he just couldn't concentrate until he saw what?
(a) Special Agent Applebaum was on the case.
(b) Stevie and Susan Carol were safe.
(c) The score at the end of the first half.
(d) His coach take out the playbook.
2. Who comes to rescue Stevie and Susan Carol from the hostage situation in Chapter 17?
(a) Reverend Anderson.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Steve Jurgenson.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
3. In Chapter 12, Susan Carol is sitting next to a sportscaster who is interviewing whom as part of the interview panel?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Coach K.
4. In Chapter 17, the kidnappers say they will hold the kids hostage until when?
(a) After the game.
(c) New Years Day.
5. In Chapter 19, after the award ceremony, who gives a press conference?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Coach Graber.
(d) Dean Wojenski.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol arrive at the back door of what?
2. When they arrive at the arena, Steve Jurgenson gives both Stevie and Susan Carol what in Chapter 18?
3. John Feinstein received his bachelor's degree from what institution?
4. The official who Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to bring in to help them with the blackmail situation in Chapter 15 is chairman of the board of trustees for what college?
5. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do when Chip Graber makes a score in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the game in Chapter 19? What do Stevie and Susan Carol reveal to Chip?
2. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
3. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
4. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
5. What is foreshadowed in Chapter 16 regarding Stuart Feeley?
6. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
7. What led Steve Jurgenson to follow Chip, Stevie and Susan Carol, according to his story in Chapter 18?
8. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
9. Why does Jerry Ventura believe the kids were in his room in Chapter 13?
10. What plan do Chip, Stevie, and Susan Carol devise when splitting up with Chip in Chapter 11? Where do they go next?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)