|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie tell they have an interview with the FCA in Chapter 13?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Steve Jurgenson.
(d) Chip Graber.
2. What does FCA stand for in the novel?
(a) Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
(b) Friends of Champion Atheletes.
(c) Foundation of Champion Atheletes.
(d) Foundation of Competitive Atheletes.
3. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
4. Who attempts to stop Stevie and Susan Carol when they arrive at the arena with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 18?
(a) Dean Wojenski.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
5. In Chapter 16, Jurgenson returns Chip's call to meet with Chip late that night at what hotel?
(a) The Days Inn.
(b) The Marriot.
(c) The Holiday Inn.
(d) The Hilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. The dean tells Susan Carol over the phone that he will look in his files for what in Chapter 12?
2. When they arrive at the arena, Steve Jurgenson tells Stevie and Susan Carol they must do what in Chapter 18?
3. The official who Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to bring in to help them with the blackmail situation in Chapter 15 is chairman of the board of trustees for what college?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol have dinner with their dads where in Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 17, the kidnappers say they will hold the kids hostage until they are sure that Chip will do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
2. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
3. How does the dean believe Christine Braman is involved in the mystery in Chapter 14?
4. What is ironic about the taped confession in Chapter 18?
5. What happens when Stevie, Susan Carol ,and Chip return to the Superdome in Chapter 15?
6. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
7. Who do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 15?
8. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
9. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
10. What do Brill and Weiss suggest Stevie and Susan Carol do in Chapter 19?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)