|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dean tells Susan Carol over the phone that he will look in his files for what in Chapter 12?
(a) Chip's grades.
(b) Chip's suspension records.
(c) Chip's detention hours.
(d) Chip's volunteer records.
2. Susan Carol sends notice to call to the FBI if they don't make it to the arena by what time in Chapter 16?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
3. Who taps Stevie on the shoulder and tells Stevie they need to have a talk at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Jerry Ventura.
(d) Dick Weiss.
4. Who is the president of MSU in the novel?
(a) President Keeley.
(b) President Robertson.
(c) President Madden.
(d) President Carrol.
5. In Chapter 19, after the award ceremony, Chip runs over to Stevie and Susan Carol and does what?
(a) Kisses them.
(b) Shakes their hands.
(c) Pats them on the head.
(d) Hugs them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Jurgenson returns Chip's call to meet with Chip late that night at what hotel?
2. Chip Graber makes a shot for how many points at the buzzer in Chapter 12?
3. Susan Carol and Stevie watch the game from where in Chapter 12?
4. Who answers the door at the hotel when Susan Carol, Stevie, and Chip arrive in the end of Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 19, Chip says his bad playing wasn't an attempt to throw the game but that he just couldn't concentrate until he saw what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What famous sports journalist do Stevie and Susan Carol meet in Chapter 12?
2. How has Stevie's relationship with Susan Carol evolved in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Steve Jurgenson ask Stevie and Susan Carol to give statements to in Chapter 18? Why?
4. What do Coach Graber and Chip say about the blackmailing scheme in Chapter 19?
5. What relationship does Steve Jurgenson have with Coach Graber, according to his story in Chapter 18? What is the plan upon arriving at the arena?
6. What leads Susan Carol to believe Professor Whiting is speaking with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 15?
7. Who is Mr. Thomas in the narrative? How is he described? What does he tell Stevie to tell his mom in Chapter 19?
8. What do Stevie and Susan Carol learn about Dean Wojenski in Chapter 19?
9. What is the dean's response to Chip's story in Chapter 14?
10. What conflicts and obstacles do Stevie and Susan Carol face in Chapter 11?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)