|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(d) Rising Action.
2. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) Both his parents with him.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) A photo ID.
(d) A famous name.
4. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) Duke University.
5. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(a) Rising Action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
2. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
3. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
4. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
2. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
3. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
4. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
5. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
6. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
7. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
8. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
9. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
10. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)