|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(a) Rising Action.
2. In Chapter 6, Stevie comes up with a plan for Susan Carol to talk to different men to see if she recognizes what?
(a) The voice of the blackmailer.
(b) The shoes of the blackmailer.
(c) The hat of the blackmailer.
(d) The jacket of the blackmailer.
3. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 8, Susan Carol and Stevie both tell their fathers that they have what in the morning?
(a) Player interviews.
(b) Television interviews.
(c) Coach interviews.
(d) Radio interviews.
5. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
3. When the guard takes them to Chip in Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol give Chip hints in front of the guard to let them know they overheard his conversation yesterday with whom?
4. What refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
5. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
2. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
3. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
4. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
5. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
6. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
7. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
8. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
9. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
10. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)