|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
(a) Mr. Thomas.
(b) Sir Anderson.
(c) Anders Anderson.
(d) Reverend Anderson.
2. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
(a) Ethics and morals.
(b) Probability and statistics.
(c) Roman history.
3. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) North Dakota.
4. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
(a) "Fully accredited media."
(b) "Allowed to roam the stadium."
(c) "Only kept from sensitive areas."
(d) "Only children."
5. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet what famous sports writer in Chapter 2?
(a) President Keeley.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Joe Mitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
4. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
5. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
2. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
3. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
4. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
5. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
6. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
7. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
8. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
9. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
10. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)