|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Stevie?
2. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Dick Vitale.
(c) Susan Carol Anderson.
(d) Stuart Feeley.
3. When the guard takes them to Chip in Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol give Chip hints in front of the guard to let them know they overheard his conversation yesterday with whom?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Dick Vitale.
4. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(b) Duke University.
5. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) Duke University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol go down to the front desk to get what in Chapter 9?
2. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
3. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
4. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
5. When he meets Susan Carol on the court, Stevie asks her if she's been able to find who in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
3. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
4. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
6. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
7. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
8. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
9. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
10. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)