|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Dean Wojenski.
(d) Jerry Ventura.
2. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
3. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Stuart Feeley.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Bobby Kelleher.
(d) Dick Weiss.
4. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
(a) Coach K.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Dick Vitale.
5. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
(a) Roman history.
(b) Ethics and morals.
(d) Probability and statistics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
3. Which of the judges of the essay contest introduces himself to the parents and the kids in Chapter 2?
4. Thomas Whiting teaches at what university in the novel?
5. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
2. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
3. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
4. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
5. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
6. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
7. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
8. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
9. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
10. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)