|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Coach K.
2. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
(a) Coach Crandal.
(b) Coach Graber.
(c) Coach K.
(d) Coach Chipper.
3. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
(b) Notre Dame.
(d) Texas A&M.
4. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
(a) He needs to do more interviews.
(b) His story needs to be longer.
(c) His story is too long.
(d) His story is well done.
5. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the judges of the essay contest introduces himself to the parents and the kids in Chapter 2?
2. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
3. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
4. What refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
5. Susan Carol and Stevie run into a MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to get what in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
2. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
3. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
4. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
5. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
6. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
7. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
8. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
9. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
10. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)