|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stevie and Susan Carol read Professor Whiting's bio in the media program, they find out he sits on a sub-committee about what?
(b) Drug use.
(d) Women atheletes.
2. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
3. What refers to an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned of a student throughout a course?
(b) Athletic record.
(c) Collegiate equivalency record.
(d) Report card.
4. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
5. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
2. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
5. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
2. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
4. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
5. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
6. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
7. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
8. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
9. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
10. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)