|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
2. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) A game being rigged.
(b) Coach K.
(c) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(d) Chip Graber.
3. Stevie and Susan Carol go down to the front desk to get what in Chapter 9?
(a) A copy of Jerry Ventura's key.
(b) Extra towels.
(c) Directions to the swimming pool.
(d) The manager's business card.
4. How old is Stevie?
5. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
(a) Bobby Kelleher.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
2. Susan Carol's father is responsible for founding a religious group for what?
3. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
4. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
5. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
2. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
3. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
4. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
5. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
6. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
7. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
8. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
9. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
10. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)