|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Aspiring basketball players.
(b) Amateur basketball players.
(c) Athletes in training.
(d) Student athletes.
2. Thomas Whiting teaches at what university in the novel?
(b) Boise State.
3. Susan Carol has what kind of accent in the novel?
4. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Basketball coach.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Construction foreman.
(d) Brain surgeon.
5. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
(a) His story is well done.
(b) He needs to do more interviews.
(c) His story is too long.
(d) His story needs to be longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
4. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
5. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
2. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
3. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
4. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
5. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
6. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
7. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
8. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
9. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
10. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)