|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Mr. Thomas.
(d) Bobby Kelleher.
2. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
3. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Brain surgeon.
(b) Basketball coach.
(c) Construction foreman.
(d) Police officer.
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
(b) In a relaxed manner.
(c) Like mules.
(d) On deadline.
5. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the NCAA stand for?
2. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
3. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 6, Stevie comes up with a plan for Susan Carol to talk to different men to see if she recognizes what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
2. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
3. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
5. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
6. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
7. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
8. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
9. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
10. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)