|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(b) North Carolina.
3. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
(a) Wrote her story.
(b) Finished her homework.
(c) Called her parents.
(d) Went to church.
4. Susan Carol and Stevie run into a MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to get what in Chapter 8?
(b) A magazine article.
(c) A playbook.
(d) Extra towels.
5. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) Duke University.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Stevie?
2. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
3. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
4. What news station is covering the sports event in the novel?
5. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
2. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
3. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
4. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
5. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
6. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
7. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
8. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
9. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
10. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)