|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
(a) The New York Daily News.
(b) The L.A. Times.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Denver Post.
2. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
3. How old is Stevie?
4. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol identify as the blackmailer by his voice in Chapter 6?
(a) Joe Mitch.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
5. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Construction foreman.
(b) Basketball coach.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Brain surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
2. Where do Susan Carol and Stevie sit down to review what they know in Chapter 7?
3. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
4. With whom do Stevie and Susan Carol eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
2. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
3. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
4. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
5. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
6. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
7. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
8. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
9. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
10. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)