|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, Susan Carol and Stevie both tell their fathers that they have what in the morning?
(a) Player interviews.
(b) Coach interviews.
(c) Radio interviews.
(d) Television interviews.
2. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
(a) 10:15 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 6:00 a.m.
(d) 11:45 a.m.
3. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(a) Rising Action.
4. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A roommate.
(c) A room.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
2. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
3. Whose room are Stevie and Susan Carol attempting to locate in Chapter 8?
4. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
5. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
2. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
3. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
4. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
5. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
6. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
7. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
8. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
9. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
10. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)