|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he meets Susan Carol on the court, Stevie asks her if she's been able to find who in Chapter 6?
(a) The man in the gray suit.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Bobby Kelleher.
2. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(c) Rising Action.
3. Susan Carol has what kind of accent in the novel?
4. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
(a) The lockeroom.
(b) The stadium office.
(c) Jerry Ventura's room.
(d) Chip Graber's room.
5. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Dean Wojenski.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Jerry Ventura.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
2. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
3. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
4. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
5. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
2. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
3. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
4. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
5. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
6. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
7. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
8. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
9. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
10. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)