|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's grandfather.
(b) Chip's father.
(c) Chip's mother.
(d) Chip's grandmother.
2. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(c) North Carolina.
3. In Chapter 6, Stevie comes up with a plan for Susan Carol to talk to different men to see if she recognizes what?
(a) The jacket of the blackmailer.
(b) The shoes of the blackmailer.
(c) The hat of the blackmailer.
(d) The voice of the blackmailer.
4. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
(a) The Philadelphia Big 5.
(b) The New York Small 7.
(c) The Chicago Mega 3.
(d) The Great Boston 8.
5. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
(a) Mr. Thomas.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Anders Anderson.
(d) Sir Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
2. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to write one story how often during the event in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
4. Where do Susan Carol and Stevie sit down to review what they know in Chapter 7?
5. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
2. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
3. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
4. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
5. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
6. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
7. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
8. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
9. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
10. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)