|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
2. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
(a) The security guard.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Coach K.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
3. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Bobby Kelleher.
(d) Dick Weiss.
4. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
5. What does the NCAA stand for?
(a) The National College Academics Association.
(b) The National Collegiate Athletic Association.
(c) The National Champion Atheletes Administration.
(d) The National Collegiate Atheletes Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
2. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
3. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
4. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
5. When the guard takes them to Chip in Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol give Chip hints in front of the guard to let them know they overheard his conversation yesterday with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
2. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
3. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
4. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
5. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
6. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
7. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
8. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
9. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
10. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)