|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Reverend Anderson.
(d) The security guard.
2. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
(a) The World Series.
(b) The Final Four basketball games.
(c) The Super Bowl.
(d) The Stanley Cup.
3. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Susan Carol Anderson.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Stuart Feeley.
4. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) A game being rigged.
(d) Coach K.
5. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary and theatrical form consisting of a written or spoken conversational exchange between two or more people?
2. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
3. With whom do Stevie and Susan Carol eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
5. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
2. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
3. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
4. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
5. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
6. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
7. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
8. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
9. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
10. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)