|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
2. The character of Susan Carol is described as being very what in the narrative?
3. Susan Carol and Stevie run into a MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to get what in Chapter 8?
(a) A magazine article.
(c) Extra towels.
(d) A playbook.
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Aspiring basketball players.
(b) Athletes in training.
(c) Student athletes.
(d) Amateur basketball players.
5. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
(a) The players' rooms.
(b) Players that are blackmailed.
(c) Games that are rigged.
(d) Injured players.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
2. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
3. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
4. How old is Stevie?
5. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
2. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
3. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
4. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
5. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
6. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
7. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
8. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
9. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
10. What do Stevie and Susan Carol know about the plot in Chapter 7?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)