|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
(a) Coach K.
(b) Coach J.
(c) Coach M.
(d) Coach N.
2. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) A famous name.
(b) A photo ID.
(c) Both his parents with him.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
(a) Wrote her story.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Finished her homework.
(d) Called her parents.
5. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(a) Rising Action.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he meets Susan Carol on the court, Stevie asks her if she's been able to find who in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
4. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
5. Which of the judges of the essay contest introduces himself to the parents and the kids in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
2. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
3. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
4. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
5. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
6. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
7. What is ironic about the person Stevie and Susan Carol discover to be the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
8. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
9. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
10. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)