|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
(d) Rising Action.
2. Where do Susan Carol and Stevie sit down to review what they know in Chapter 7?
(a) A stadium entrance.
(b) A library.
(c) The hotel lobby.
(d) A restaurant.
3. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
(b) Texas A&M.
(d) Notre Dame.
4. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Bobby Kelleher.
(c) Stuart Feeley.
(d) Dick Weiss.
5. What refers to an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned of a student throughout a course?
(a) Athletic record.
(b) Collegiate equivalency record.
(d) Report card.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
2. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
3. When Stevie and Susan Carol get to Chip's floor in Chapter 9 they are stopped by a security guard, but Stevie says he's what?
4. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
2. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
3. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
4. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie see speaking suspiciously in Chapter 5? Where do they go?
5. Who is Dick Weiss? How is he described in Chapter 3?
6. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
7. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
8. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
9. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
10. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)