|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(c) North Carolina.
2. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's mother.
(b) Chip's grandfather.
(c) Chip's father.
(d) Chip's grandmother.
3. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Steve Jurgenson.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
4. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) A famous name.
(b) A photo ID.
(c) Both his parents with him.
(d) One hundred dollars.
5. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol see with a man in gray suit at the news compound in Chapter 5?
(a) Reverend Anderson.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the NCAA stand for?
2. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
3. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
4. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
5. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
2. What is Chip Graber's role in the plot of Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery?
3. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
4. Who do Susan Carol and Stevie reveal the blackmailing plot to in Chapter 7? What is the response?
5. How is the awards breakfast described in Chapter 3? What does Dick Weiss tell the kids about their assignment?
6. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
7. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
8. What is Chip's response after Stevie and Susan Carol relate their story to him in Chapter 10?
9. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
10. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)