|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's mother.
(b) Chip's grandfather.
(c) Chip's father.
(d) Chip's grandmother.
2. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) A photo ID.
(b) Both his parents with him.
(c) A famous name.
(d) One hundred dollars.
3. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
(a) Roman history.
(b) Ethics and morals.
(c) Probability and statistics.
4. When the guard takes them to Chip in Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol give Chip hints in front of the guard to let them know they overheard his conversation yesterday with whom?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Dick Weiss.
5. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible object to represent a less tangible object or some intangible quality or idea?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
3. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
4. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
5. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Susan Carol described in Chapter 2? Where is Susan Carol from?
2. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
3. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
4. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
5. What is foreshadowed upon Stevie's meeting Susan Carol in Chapter 2? What does Dick Weiss suggest Stevie read?
6. What does Stevie learn about ticket scalping in Chapter 3? Where does Dick Weiss take Stevie?
7. Who contacted Chip when the blackmailing began, according to his story in Chapter 10? Why?
8. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
9. How does Susan Carol help Stevie get into the locker room in Chapter 5?
10. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to the floor with the players' rooms in Chapter 8?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)