|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
(a) A roommate.
(b) A car.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A room.
2. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
(a) Went to church.
(b) Finished her homework.
(c) Called her parents.
(d) Wrote her story.
3. Stevie and Susan Carol go down to the front desk to get what in Chapter 9?
(a) A copy of Jerry Ventura's key.
(b) Directions to the swimming pool.
(c) Extra towels.
(d) The manager's business card.
4. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
5. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
2. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
4. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
5. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
2. What is foreshadowed when Stevie and his father check into the hotel in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Stevie dismiss the compliment he receives on his story in Chapter 7?
4. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
5. What does Dick Weiss teach Stevie in Chapter 3? What does Stevie learn about the process of journalism?
6. Where does Stevie go for a walk in Chapter 5? Who accompanies him?
7. What do Stevie and Susan Carol do in order to get in touch with Chip in Chapter 8?
8. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
9. Where does Stevie meet Coach K in Chapter 4? What does Coach K ask Stevie to do?
10. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)