|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Texas A&M.
2. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Bobby Kelleher.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
3. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
4. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) Coach K.
(b) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(c) Chip Graber.
(d) A game being rigged.
5. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(d) Rising Action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to write one story how often during the event in Chapter 3?
2. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
4. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
5. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What parts of the mystery are Susan Carol and Stevie still missing in Chapter 7? Who do they decide to talk with?
2. What is foreshadowed in Chip's conversation with Stevie and Susan Carol in Chapter 10?
3. What plan do Stevie and Susan Carol develop to identify the blackmailer in Chapter 6?
4. How do Stevie and Susan Carol gain access to Chip Graber's room in Chapter 9?
5. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol meet at the award ceremony in Chapter 2?
6. Where do Stevie and Susan Carol find the players' room numbers in Chapter 9? What do they do next?
7. When did Stevie become a fan of basketball? What does Stevie hope to be when he grows up?
8. Why is Stevie jealous of Susan Carol in Chapter 4? Who dissuades him from writing his article about MSU's player?
9. What does the award letter Stevie receives in Chapter 1 give him permission to attend? Where is Stevie going?
10. What do Susan Carol and Stevie overhear in Chapter 5? What conflict do they face?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)