|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chip Graber from in the novel?
2. In Chapter 19, the morning after the game, where do Stevie and Susan Carol go to give their statements?
(a) The stadium.
(b) City hall.
(c) The FBI field office.
(d) A park.
3. Where was John Feinstein born and raised?
(a) New York.
4. Dick Weiss is the sports reporter for what publication?
(a) NBA Monthly.
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(c) The Seattle Times.
(d) The New York Daily News.
5. Where does Steve Jurgenson drive Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 18?
(a) The Superdome.
(b) The United Center.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) Pepsi Center.
6. With what are Susan Carol and Stevie bound in Chapter 17?
(a) Duct tape.
(b) Barbed wire.
(c) Extension cords.
7. Who claims acknowledgment that the blackmailing plot is his in Chapter 17?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Dean Wojenski.
(c) Christine Braman.
(d) Jerry Ventura.
8. In Chapter 14, Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip arrive at the dean's house at what time?
(a) 5:30 a.m.
(b) 3:00 p.m.
(c) 9:30 a.m.
(d) 12:00 p.m.
9. After listening to the story from the kids, the dean says he cannot find what in Chapter 14?
(a) His car keys.
(b) Thomas Whiting's phone number.
(c) Chip's transcript.
(d) Reason to believe them.
10. In Chapter 12, Susan Carol is sitting next to a sportscaster who is interviewing whom as part of the interview panel?
(a) Coach K.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
11. In what capacity does Steve Jurgenson work for Chip's father?
(a) As his attorney.
(b) As his dentist.
(c) As his assistant coach.
(d) As his bodyguard.
12. What refers to a state or condition of mental uncertainty or excitement, as in awaiting a decision or outcome, usually accompanied by a degree of apprehension or anxiety?
13. What official do Stevie, Susan Carol, and Chip decide to bring in to help them with the blackmail situation in Chapter 15?
(a) Stuart Feeley.
(b) Jerry Ventura.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Christine Braman.
14. Susan Carol mentions what person having helped to connect them with the dean in Chapter 14?
(a) Janice Phillips.
(b) Katy Jones.
(c) Marie Stephens.
(d) Christine Braman.
15. Stevie goes into the press room to find whom in Chapter 15?
(a) Brill and Weiss.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Dean Wojenski.
(d) Steve Jurgenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol sends notice to call to the FBI if they don't make it to the arena by what time in Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 14, the dean catches Chip in a lie when he introduces Susan Carol as what?
3. John Feinstein's father was heavily involved in the arts and the was the first Executive Director of what facility in Washington, D.C.?
4. Who do Susan Carol, Stevie and Chip discover is following them in the end of Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 19, Chip says his bad playing wasn't an attempt to throw the game but that he just couldn't concentrate until he saw what?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)