|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dean tells Chip a story about the wife of the man that Chip's father got the head coaching job from when he was working where in Chapter 14?
(b) North Carolina.
2. Stevie finishes writing his story by when during the second game in Chapter 12?
(a) The second quarter.
(b) The third quarter.
(c) The first quarter.
(d) Half time.
3. Coach Graber comes up behind Chip to meet whom in Chapter 19?
(a) "The reporters."
(b) "The brats."
(c) "The heroes."
(d) "The kids."
4. Dick Weiss is the sports reporter for what publication?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(b) The New York Daily News.
(c) NBA Monthly.
(d) The Seattle Times.
5. In Chapter 17, the kidnappers say they will hold the kids hostage until they are sure that Chip will do what?
(a) Call the FBI.
(b) Throw the game.
(c) Come back to the hotel room.
(d) Come pick them up.
6. Who attempts to stop Stevie and Susan Carol when they arrive at the arena with Steve Jurgenson in Chapter 18?
(a) Dean Wojenski.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Reverend Anderson.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
7. In Chapter 18, Steve Jurgenson shows up to take Stevie and Susan Carol to speak with whom from the FBI?
(a) Special Agent Martinez.
(b) Special Agent Wolski.
(c) Special Agent Applebaum.
(d) Special Agent Jones.
8. Chip Graber makes a shot for how many points at the buzzer in Chapter 12?
9. Who comes to rescue Stevie and Susan Carol from the hostage situation in Chapter 17?
(a) Reverend Anderson.
(b) Steve Jurgenson.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
10. In literature, what refers to the inherent incompatibility between the objectives of two or more characters or forces?
11. What is the name of Stuart Feeley's assistant in the novel?
12. Stevie and Susan Carol go back to their hotel and have lunch with whom in Chapter 11?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) Their fathers.
(c) Their aunts.
(d) Their grandmothers.
13. With what are Susan Carol and Stevie bound in Chapter 17?
(a) Barbed wire.
(b) Duct tape.
(d) Extension cords.
14. Susan Carol mentions what person having helped to connect them with the dean in Chapter 14?
(a) Janice Phillips.
(b) Christine Braman.
(c) Katy Jones.
(d) Marie Stephens.
15. In Chapter 18, Steve Jurgenson restricts who with duct tape?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chip calls to let them know he is going to be a few minutes late for what in Chapter 14?
2. Where does Steve Jurgenson drive Susan Carol and Stevie in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 16, Susan Carol tells Stevie Mr. Feeley is going to talk to whom?
4. In Chapter 12, Susan Carol is sitting next to a sportscaster who is interviewing whom as part of the interview panel?
5. In Chapter 19, Chip says his bad playing wasn't an attempt to throw the game but that he just couldn't concentrate until he saw what?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)