|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(a) New Orleans.
2. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
(a) In a relaxed manner.
(b) Like mules.
(d) On deadline.
3. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(c) North Carolina.
4. How old is Stevie?
5. With whom do Stevie and Susan Carol eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Coach K.
(d) Their fathers.
6. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) Steve Jurgenson.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
7. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
8. Thomas Whiting teaches at what university in the novel?
(b) Boise State.
9. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
(a) Chip Graber's room.
(b) The stadium office.
(c) Jerry Ventura's room.
(d) The lockeroom.
10. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(d) Duke University.
11. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Dean Wojenski.
(b) Jerry Ventura.
(c) Chip Graber.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
12. Susan Carol has what kind of accent in the novel?
13. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
(a) Coach Graber.
(b) Coach Chipper.
(c) Coach Crandal.
(d) Coach K.
14. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Basketball coach.
(b) Construction foreman.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Brain surgeon.
15. What is Stevie's last name in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
3. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
4. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
5. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)