|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
2. How old is Stevie?
3. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
(a) The Super Bowl.
(b) The World Series.
(c) The Stanley Cup.
(d) The Final Four basketball games.
4. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jerry Ventura.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Dean Wojenski.
(d) Dick Vitale.
6. Where do Susan Carol and Stevie sit down to review what they know in Chapter 7?
(a) A library.
(b) A stadium entrance.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The hotel lobby.
7. What news station is covering the sports event in the novel?
8. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
9. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
10. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
11. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
(a) Coach Crandal.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Coach Graber.
(d) Coach Chipper.
12. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
(a) Jerry Ventura's room.
(b) The lockeroom.
(c) Chip Graber's room.
(d) The stadium office.
13. In Chapter 1, Stevie receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest from what organization?
(a) The North American Writers Union.
(b) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
(c) The International Association of Sports Writers.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
14. In Chapter 5, Stevie starts to get antsy as they sit through what?
(a) Roll call.
(b) Press conferences.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A basketball game.
15. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
(a) A hockey stick.
(b) A basketball.
(c) Their plaques.
(d) The Duke team.
Short Answer Questions
1. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
4. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
5. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)