|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
(a) "Allowed to roam the stadium."
(b) "Fully accredited media."
(c) "Only kept from sensitive areas."
(d) "Only children."
2. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
(b) Ethics and morals.
(c) Roman history.
(d) Probability and statistics.
3. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(d) Rising Action.
4. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible object to represent a less tangible object or some intangible quality or idea?
5. When Stevie and Susan Carol read Professor Whiting's bio in the media program, they find out he sits on a sub-committee about what?
(a) Women atheletes.
(c) Drug use.
6. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Steve Jurgenson.
(c) Mr. Thomas.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
7. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The rules meeting.
(b) The awards breakfast.
(c) The coaches dinner.
(d) The trophy presentation.
8. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
(a) The Super Bowl.
(b) The Final Four basketball games.
(c) The World Series.
(d) The Stanley Cup.
9. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's father.
(b) Chip's grandmother.
(c) Chip's mother.
(d) Chip's grandfather.
10. What team is the other winner of the student reporter essay contest aside from Stevie a fan of?
(b) Duke University.
11. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
(a) Notre Dame.
(c) Texas A&M.
12. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) Coach K.
(b) A game being rigged.
(c) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(d) Chip Graber.
13. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
(a) The Great Boston 8.
(b) The New York Small 7.
(c) The Chicago Mega 3.
(d) The Philadelphia Big 5.
14. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
15. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
(a) South Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, Stevie starts to get antsy as they sit through what?
2. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
3. Susan Carol's father is responsible for founding a religious group for what?
4. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
5. What is a literary and theatrical form consisting of a written or spoken conversational exchange between two or more people?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)