|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(d) New Orleans.
2. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol see with a man in gray suit at the news compound in Chapter 5?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Chip Graber.
(d) Dick Weiss.
3. Where do Susan Carol and Stevie sit down to review what they know in Chapter 7?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) A library.
(c) A stadium entrance.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
(c) Rising action.
5. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
(a) Players that are blackmailed.
(b) The players' rooms.
(c) Injured players.
(d) Games that are rigged.
6. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
7. In Chapter 1, Stevie receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest from what organization?
(a) The North American Writers Union.
(b) The International Association of Sports Writers.
(c) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
8. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
(a) Their plaques.
(b) The Duke team.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A hockey stick.
9. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The rules meeting.
(b) The awards breakfast.
(c) The coaches dinner.
(d) The trophy presentation.
10. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) The housekeeper.
11. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Bobby Kelleher.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
12. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
13. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to write one story how often during the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Per week.
(b) Per month.
(c) Per day.
(d) Per hour.
14. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The New York Daily News.
(c) The Denver Post.
(d) The L.A. Times.
15. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) A game being rigged.
(b) Coach K.
(c) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(d) Chip Graber.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
2. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
3. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
4. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
5. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)