|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
2. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) A famous name.
(b) A photo ID.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Both his parents with him.
3. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
(a) "Only kept from sensitive areas."
(b) "Only children."
(c) "Fully accredited media."
(d) "Allowed to roam the stadium."
4. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet what famous sports writer in Chapter 2?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) Joe Mitch.
(c) President Keeley.
(d) Dick Weiss.
5. In Chapter 1, Stevie receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest from what organization?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(b) The North American Writers Union.
(c) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
(d) The International Association of Sports Writers.
6. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol identify as the blackmailer by his voice in Chapter 6?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Joe Mitch.
7. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
(c) Rising Action.
8. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) Dick Vitale.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
9. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to write one story how often during the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Per week.
(b) Per month.
(c) Per day.
(d) Per hour.
10. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Aspiring basketball players.
(b) Athletes in training.
(c) Student athletes.
(d) Amateur basketball players.
11. How old is Stevie?
12. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
(a) Anders Anderson.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Sir Anderson.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
13. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
14. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(c) New Orleans.
15. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
(a) Stuart Feeley.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Susan Carol Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
2. When Stevie and Susan Carol read Professor Whiting's bio in the media program, they find out he sits on a sub-committee about what?
3. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
5. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)