|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
2. In Chapter 10, Stevie and Susan Carol tell their story to Chip, and Chip says there is nothing they can do about what?
(a) NCAA rules.
(b) A player having a bad game.
(c) Who televises the game.
(d) The blackmail.
3. Susan Carol has what kind of accent in the novel?
4. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
(a) Roman history.
(b) Probability and statistics.
(d) Ethics and morals.
5. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) Duke University.
6. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
(a) Thursday's game.
(b) Monday's game.
(c) Wednesday's game.
(d) Sunday's game.
7. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Dean Wojenski.
(c) Jerry Ventura.
(d) Chip Graber.
8. When Stevie and Susan Carol get to Chip's floor in Chapter 9 they are stopped by a security guard, but Stevie says he's what?
(a) Chip's cousin.
(b) A huge fan.
(c) Chip's brother.
(d) Chip's neighbor.
9. In Chapter 5, Stevie starts to get antsy as they sit through what?
(a) A ceremony.
(b) A basketball game.
(c) Press conferences.
(d) Roll call.
10. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(b) North Carolina.
11. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(c) Duke University.
12. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
(a) His story is well done.
(b) He needs to do more interviews.
(c) His story is too long.
(d) His story needs to be longer.
13. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Bobby Kelleher.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
14. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
(a) A hockey stick.
(b) The Duke team.
(c) Their plaques.
(d) A basketball.
15. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Both his parents with him.
(c) A famous name.
(d) A photo ID.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
2. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
3. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
4. What is Stevie's last name in the novel?
5. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)