|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned of a student throughout a course?
(b) Collegiate equivalency record.
(c) Report card.
(d) Athletic record.
2. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) Dick Vitale.
3. Stevie and Susan Carol go down to the front desk to get what in Chapter 9?
(a) Extra towels.
(b) Directions to the swimming pool.
(c) A copy of Jerry Ventura's key.
(d) The manager's business card.
4. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) South Carolina.
(d) North Dakota.
5. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's grandmother.
(b) Chip's father.
(c) Chip's mother.
(d) Chip's grandfather.
6. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(a) New Orleans.
7. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Mr. Thomas.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) Steve Jurgenson.
8. In Chapter 8, Susan Carol and Stevie both tell their fathers that they have what in the morning?
(a) Television interviews.
(b) Player interviews.
(c) Coach interviews.
(d) Radio interviews.
9. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
10. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunday's game.
(b) Thursday's game.
(c) Wednesday's game.
(d) Monday's game.
11. In Chapter 10, Stevie and Susan Carol tell their story to Chip, and Chip says there is nothing they can do about what?
(a) Who televises the game.
(b) The blackmail.
(c) A player having a bad game.
(d) NCAA rules.
12. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
(a) A basketball.
(b) A hockey stick.
(c) The Duke team.
(d) Their plaques.
13. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
14. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
15. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
(a) The stadium office.
(b) The lockeroom.
(c) Jerry Ventura's room.
(d) Chip Graber's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
2. What refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
3. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
4. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol see with a man in gray suit at the news compound in Chapter 5?
5. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)