|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The trophy presentation.
(b) The awards breakfast.
(c) The rules meeting.
(d) The coaches dinner.
2. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
(a) Coach K.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) The security guard.
3. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
4. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(a) Duke University.
5. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jerry Ventura.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Dean Wojenski.
6. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
(a) Mr. Thomas.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Bobby Kelleher.
(d) Dick Weiss.
7. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Jerry Ventura.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) Dean Wojenski.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
8. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Stuart Feeley.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Bobby Kelleher.
9. What is Stevie's last name in the novel?
10. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
11. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
(a) Games that are rigged.
(b) The players' rooms.
(c) Injured players.
(d) Players that are blackmailed.
12. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
(a) Like mules.
(b) On deadline.
(c) In a relaxed manner.
13. In Chapter 1, Stevie receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest from what organization?
(a) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(c) The International Association of Sports Writers.
(d) The North American Writers Union.
14. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 11:45 a.m.
(c) 8:30 a.m.
(d) 10:15 a.m.
15. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
2. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
3. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible object to represent a less tangible object or some intangible quality or idea?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
5. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)