|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
(a) A room.
(b) A roommate.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A car.
2. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
(a) The security guard.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Reverend Anderson.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
3. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
4. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Construction foreman.
(b) Brain surgeon.
(c) Basketball coach.
(d) Police officer.
5. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
(a) The Great Boston 8.
(b) The Philadelphia Big 5.
(c) The New York Small 7.
(d) The Chicago Mega 3.
6. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
(a) Reverend Anderson.
(b) Mr. Thomas.
(c) Sir Anderson.
(d) Anders Anderson.
7. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(b) Rising Action.
8. Who do Stevie and Susan Carol identify as the blackmailer by his voice in Chapter 6?
(a) Coach K.
(b) Joe Mitch.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
9. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(b) Duke University.
(d) North Carolina.
10. In Chapter 10, Stevie and Susan Carol tell their story to Chip, and Chip says there is nothing they can do about what?
(a) Who televises the game.
(b) NCAA rules.
(c) A player having a bad game.
(d) The blackmail.
11. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
(d) Rising Action.
12. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Susan Carol Anderson.
(d) Stuart Feeley.
13. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
14. Weiss explains that the lower seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
15. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Bobby Kelleher.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Dick Weiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
2. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
3. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
4. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
5. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)