|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
(a) The Denver Post.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The New York Daily News.
(d) The L.A. Times.
2. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
3. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
(a) A suitcase.
(b) A room.
(c) A car.
(d) A roommate.
4. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(b) Rising Action.
5. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
6. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunday's game.
(b) Thursday's game.
(c) Wednesday's game.
(d) Monday's game.
7. Stevie wants to include the number of references to student athletes, so he asks who to keep track of the number of references for him in Chapter 5?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Bobby Kelleher.
8. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) Duke University.
9. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
10. What is Stevie's last name in the novel?
11. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol have to pose with what for pictures?
(a) A hockey stick.
(b) The Duke team.
(c) Their plaques.
(d) A basketball.
12. When Stevie and Susan Carol get to Chip's floor in Chapter 9 they are stopped by a security guard, but Stevie says he's what?
(a) Chip's cousin.
(b) A huge fan.
(c) Chip's brother.
(d) Chip's neighbor.
13. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Student athletes.
(b) Aspiring basketball players.
(c) Amateur basketball players.
(d) Athletes in training.
14. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
(a) His story is well done.
(b) He needs to do more interviews.
(c) His story needs to be longer.
(d) His story is too long.
15. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Bobby Kelleher.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
2. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
3. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
4. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
5. Susan Carol and Stevie run into a MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to get what in Chapter 8?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)