|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
(a) "Only kept from sensitive areas."
(b) "Fully accredited media."
(c) "Only children."
(d) "Allowed to roam the stadium."
2. What is a literary figure of speech that uses an image, story or tangible object to represent a less tangible object or some intangible quality or idea?
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) A famous name.
(c) Both his parents with him.
(d) A photo ID.
4. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Steve Jurgenson.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
5. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(a) Rising Action.
6. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The coaches dinner.
(b) The awards breakfast.
(c) The trophy presentation.
(d) The rules meeting.
7. In Chapter 1, Stevie receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest from what organization?
(a) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
(b) The North American Writers Union.
(c) Sports Illustrated.
(d) The International Association of Sports Writers.
8. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(b) Duke University.
9. Thomas Whiting teaches at what university in the novel?
(c) Boise State.
10. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
(a) A car.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A room.
(d) A roommate.
11. What provides the background information needed to properly understand the story, such as the problem in the beginning of the story?
(c) Rising Action.
12. What team is the other winner of the student reporter essay contest aside from Stevie a fan of?
(b) Duke University.
13. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(c) Coach K.
(d) A game being rigged.
14. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
(a) 11:45 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 6:00 a.m.
(d) 10:15 a.m.
15. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
(a) The lockeroom.
(b) The stadium office.
(c) Jerry Ventura's room.
(d) Chip Graber's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Chip says he'll tell Stevie and Susan Carol his story as long as it's what in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 5, Stevie starts to get antsy as they sit through what?
4. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
5. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)