|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's mother.
(b) Chip's father.
(c) Chip's grandmother.
(d) Chip's grandfather.
2. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
(c) Texas A&M.
(d) Notre Dame.
3. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
(a) The New York Daily News.
(b) The L.A. Times.
(c) The Denver Post.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
4. In Chapter 8, Susan Carol and Stevie both tell their fathers that they have what in the morning?
(a) Coach interviews.
(b) Player interviews.
(c) Radio interviews.
(d) Television interviews.
5. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The rules meeting.
(b) The awards breakfast.
(c) The coaches dinner.
(d) The trophy presentation.
6. Where do Susan Carol and Stevie sit down to review what they know in Chapter 7?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) A stadium entrance.
(c) A library.
(d) A restaurant.
7. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 10:15 a.m.
(c) 11:45 a.m.
(d) 8:30 a.m.
8. With whom do Stevie and Susan Carol eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Their fathers.
(d) Coach K.
9. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Thomas Whiting.
(c) Stuart Feeley.
(d) Susan Carol Anderson.
10. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(a) Duke University.
11. In Chapter 6, Stevie comes up with a plan for Susan Carol to talk to different men to see if she recognizes what?
(a) The shoes of the blackmailer.
(b) The hat of the blackmailer.
(c) The voice of the blackmailer.
(d) The jacket of the blackmailer.
12. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
(a) The World Series.
(b) The Final Four basketball games.
(c) The Stanley Cup.
(d) The Super Bowl.
13. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
14. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
(a) Went to church.
(b) Finished her homework.
(c) Called her parents.
(d) Wrote her story.
15. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) Duke University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol has what kind of accent in the novel?
2. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
3. When Stevie and Susan Carol get to Chip's floor in Chapter 9 they are stopped by a security guard, but Stevie says he's what?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
5. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet what famous sports writer in Chapter 2?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)