|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name is Susan Carol's father referred to in the novel?
(a) Sir Anderson.
(b) Reverend Anderson.
(c) Mr. Thomas.
(d) Anders Anderson.
2. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
(c) Rising Action.
3. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
4. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
5. With whom do Stevie and Susan Carol eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Coach K.
(d) Their fathers.
6. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) Coach K.
(b) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(c) Chip Graber.
(d) A game being rigged.
7. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
(a) Like mules.
(b) In a relaxed manner.
(d) On deadline.
8. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Brain surgeon.
(b) Construction foreman.
(c) Basketball coach.
(d) Police officer.
9. What refers to an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned of a student throughout a course?
(b) Collegiate equivalency record.
(c) Report card.
(d) Athletic record.
10. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Athletes in training.
(b) Student athletes.
(c) Aspiring basketball players.
(d) Amateur basketball players.
11. Susan Carol and Stevie run into what MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to go to his room in Chapter 8?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) Dean Wojenski.
(c) Jerry Ventura.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
12. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
(a) Games that are rigged.
(b) Players that are blackmailed.
(c) The players' rooms.
(d) Injured players.
13. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place at what arena?
(a) Wrigley Field.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) The Superdome.
(d) Rogers Arena.
14. How old is Stevie?
15. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Mr. Thomas.
(c) Steve Jurgenson.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
2. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
3. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
4. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)