|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned of a student throughout a course?
(a) Athletic record.
(b) Report card.
(c) Collegiate equivalency record.
2. How old is Stevie?
3. What is a literary and theatrical form consisting of a written or spoken conversational exchange between two or more people?
4. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
5. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(c) North Carolina.
6. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) Bobby Kelleher.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Stuart Feeley.
7. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(a) Rising Action.
8. What is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or situation in which there is a sharp incongruity or discordance that goes beyond the simple and evident intention of words or actions?
9. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
(a) Called her parents.
(b) Went to church.
(c) Wrote her story.
(d) Finished her homework.
10. When Thomas Whiting first called Chip, he said he needed to discuss something about what, according to Chip in Chapter 10?
(a) Chip's mother.
(b) Chip's grandfather.
(c) Chip's father.
(d) Chip's grandmother.
11. When they try to pick up their media credentials, a guy from what organization gives Stevie a hard time?
12. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Athletes in training.
(b) Amateur basketball players.
(c) Aspiring basketball players.
(d) Student athletes.
13. When Stevie and Susan Carol get to Chip's floor in Chapter 9 they are stopped by a security guard, but Stevie says he's what?
(a) Chip's cousin.
(b) A huge fan.
(c) Chip's neighbor.
(d) Chip's brother.
14. What team is the other winner of the student reporter essay contest aside from Stevie a fan of?
(b) Duke University.
15. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
Short Answer Questions
1. When he meets Susan Carol on the court, Stevie asks her if she's been able to find who in Chapter 6?
2. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
3. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
5. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)