|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevie and Susan Carol get introduced to what big ESPN newscaster in the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Jerry Ventura.
(b) Dean Wojenski.
(c) Dick Vitale.
(d) Stuart Feeley.
2. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
(a) Coach Crandal.
(b) Coach Chipper.
(c) Coach K.
(d) Coach Graber.
3. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
4. When Stevie is waiting to check in at the hotel in Chapter 1, he is in line behind what famous sports reporter?
(a) Bobby Kelleher.
(b) Mr. Thomas.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
5. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The coaches dinner.
(b) The awards breakfast.
(c) The trophy presentation.
(d) The rules meeting.
6. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
7. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
(c) Duke University.
(d) North Carolina.
8. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(c) New Orleans.
9. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing a game so that who wins in Chapter 5?
10. Thomas Whiting teaches at what university in the novel?
(c) Boise State.
11. Who startles Stevie and Susan Carol by trying to come in while they are snooping in a MSU staff member's room in Chapter 9?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) The housekeeper.
(c) Thomas Whiting.
(d) Dick Vitale.
12. Who explains to Stevie who each of the players are and the other members who work for the team in Chapter 4?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Dick Weiss.
(c) Stuart Feeley.
(d) Bobby Kelleher.
13. Which of the judges of the essay contest introduces himself to the parents and the kids in Chapter 2?
(a) Dick Weiss.
(b) President Keeley.
(c) Joe Mitch.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
14. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
(a) The players' rooms.
(b) Injured players.
(c) Games that are rigged.
(d) Players that are blackmailed.
15. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) A famous name.
(b) A photo ID.
(c) Both his parents with him.
(d) One hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
2. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
3. What refers to an inventory of the courses taken and grades earned of a student throughout a course?
4. The character of Susan Carol is described as being very what in the narrative?
5. According to Chip's story in Chapter 10, Professor Whiting told Chip he had failed how many courses in the previous semester?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)