|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chip's father called in the novel?
(a) Coach Crandal.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Coach Chipper.
(d) Coach Graber.
2. Stevie decides to write his story about what in Chapter 5?
(a) A game being rigged.
(b) Chip Graber.
(c) What it's like to be a kid reporter at the Final Four.
(d) Coach K.
3. As they approach the locker room, who lets Susan Carol through but tries to stop Stevie in Chapter 5?
(a) The security guard.
(b) Coach K.
(c) Reverend Anderson.
(d) Tony Kornheiser.
4. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(d) Duke University.
5. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
(a) His story is too long.
(b) His story needs to be longer.
(c) He needs to do more interviews.
(d) His story is well done.
6. The character of Susan Carol is described as being very what in the narrative?
7. In Chapter 10, Chip treats Stevie and Susan Carol as though they are what?
(d) Sports fans.
8. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to write one story how often during the event in Chapter 3?
(a) Per month.
(b) Per week.
(c) Per day.
(d) Per hour.
9. What refers to a decisive moment that is of maximum intensity or is a major turning point in a plot?
(a) Rising action.
10. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
11. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
(a) The Denver Post.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The L.A. Times.
(d) The New York Daily News.
12. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet what famous sports writer in Chapter 2?
(a) Joe Mitch.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) President Keeley.
(d) Dick Weiss.
13. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
(a) Thomas Whiting.
(b) Steve Jurgenson.
(c) Tony Kornheiser.
(d) Mr. Thomas.
14. What team is the other winner of the student reporter essay contest aside from Stevie a fan of?
(b) Duke University.
15. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
(a) The Great Boston 8.
(b) The Chicago Mega 3.
(c) The Philadelphia Big 5.
(d) The New York Small 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, Chip says the blackmailing started on what night of the week, after they got home from winning the championship game that got MSU into the Final Four?
2. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
4. During what part of narrative plot is the basic internal conflict complicated by the introduction of related secondary conflicts and various obstacles?
5. In Chapter 7, Stevie and Susan Carol discuss who they can trust with the information they overheard and decide to go to Brill and whom?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)