|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is from where?
(a) South Dakota.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) North Dakota.
(d) South Carolina.
2. Where does Stevie live with his family in the novel?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
4. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that they have to work how, in Chapter 3?
(a) Like mules.
(b) On deadline.
(d) In a relaxed manner.
5. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
(a) A car.
(b) A roommate.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A room.
6. Chip says he'll tell Stevie and Susan Carol his story as long as it's what in Chapter 10?
(a) Not followed by questions.
(b) At a press conference.
(c) Off the record.
(d) With his lawyer present.
7. In Chapter 3, Stevie and Susan Carol are attending what?
(a) The awards breakfast.
(b) The trophy presentation.
(c) The coaches dinner.
(d) The rules meeting.
8. What word refers to the act of extortion by intimidation?
9. Weiss explains that the higher level seat tickets are selling for how much in Chapter 3?
10. Chip Garber's father holds what profession?
(a) Basketball coach.
(b) Construction foreman.
(c) Brain surgeon.
(d) Police officer.
11. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
12. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(a) Duke University.
13. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
(a) Texas A&M.
(d) Notre Dame.
14. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(b) New Orleans.
15. Susan Carol believes that the MSU staff member they encounter and obtain a keycard from has a list of what in Chapter 8?
(a) The players' rooms.
(b) Injured players.
(c) Players that are blackmailed.
(d) Games that are rigged.
Short Answer Questions
1. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Stevie became a huge basketball fan when his father started taking him to games of what informal association of college athletic programs?
3. In Chapter 6, Stevie comes up with a plan for Susan Carol to talk to different men to see if she recognizes what?
4. The character of Susan Carol is described as being very what in the narrative?
5. As the winner of an essay contest, Stevie has the opportunity to cover what sports event as a student reporter?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)