|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stevie wants to write about one of the players from what team but is deterred from doing so in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol find the list of players' room numbers where?
(a) Jerry Ventura's room.
(b) The lockeroom.
(c) Chip Graber's room.
(d) The stadium office.
3. What team is the other winner of the student reporter essay contest aside from Stevie a fan of?
(c) Duke University.
4. The sporting event Stevie has the opportunity to cover as a student reporter takes place in what city?
(a) New Orleans.
5. What news station is covering the sports event in the novel?
6. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
(a) "Allowed to roam the stadium."
(b) "Only kept from sensitive areas."
(c) "Fully accredited media."
(d) "Only children."
7. When he meets Susan Carol on the court, Stevie asks her if she's been able to find who in Chapter 6?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) The man in the gray suit.
(c) Bobby Kelleher.
(d) Dick Weiss.
8. Stevie and Susan Carol overhear the guy in the gray suit and someone else talking about throwing what game in Chapter 5?
(a) Wednesday's game.
(b) Monday's game.
(c) Sunday's game.
(d) Thursday's game.
9. What refers to the final resolution of the intricacies of a plot, as of a drama or novel?
(d) Rising Action.
10. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet what famous sports writer in Chapter 2?
(a) President Keeley.
(b) Tony Kornheiser.
(c) Dick Weiss.
(d) Joe Mitch.
11. The other winner of the student reporter essay contest, aside from Stevie, is named what?
(a) Dick Vitale.
(b) Stuart Feeley.
(c) Susan Carol Anderson.
(d) Thomas Whiting.
12. Which of the judges of the essay contest introduces himself to the parents and the kids in Chapter 2?
(a) Tony Kornheiser.
(b) President Keeley.
(c) Joe Mitch.
(d) Dick Weiss.
13. In Chapter 10, Stevie and Susan Carol tell their story to Chip, and Chip says there is nothing they can do about what?
(a) The blackmail.
(b) A player having a bad game.
(c) Who televises the game.
(d) NCAA rules.
14. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning at what time in Chapter 7?
(a) 10:15 a.m.
(b) 8:30 a.m.
(c) 11:45 a.m.
(d) 6:00 a.m.
15. After returning to the press room, Stevie checks with his editor, and the editor tells him what in Chapter 7?
(a) He needs to do more interviews.
(b) His story needs to be longer.
(c) His story is too long.
(d) His story is well done.
Short Answer Questions
1. The coaches are being interviewed by the reporters from what news organization in the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
3. What team is practicing on the court when Stevie and Susan Carol arrive in Chapter 3?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol go down to the front desk to get what in Chapter 9?
5. What does the NCAA stand for?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)