|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, Stevie receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest from what organization?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(b) The International Association of Sports Writers.
(c) The U.S. Basketball Writers Association.
(d) The North American Writers Union.
2. As they approach the locker room, Susan Carol gets Stevie in by producing the letter stating they are what in Chapter 5?
(a) "Allowed to roam the stadium."
(b) "Fully accredited media."
(c) "Only children."
(d) "Only kept from sensitive areas."
3. When they try to pick up their media credentials, Stevie is given a hard time because he does not have what?
(a) A famous name.
(b) A photo ID.
(c) Both his parents with him.
(d) One hundred dollars.
4. In Chapter 8, Susan Carol and Stevie both tell their fathers that they have what in the morning?
(a) Coach interviews.
(b) Television interviews.
(c) Player interviews.
(d) Radio interviews.
5. Susan Carol tells Stevie that she already did what for the day in Chapter 3?
(a) Wrote her story.
(b) Called her parents.
(c) Finished her homework.
(d) Went to church.
6. The NCAA is headquartered in what city?
7. Susan Carol says that when she interviewed Coach K for her essay she was also able to line up an interview with the coach from where in Chapter 3?
(a) North Carolina.
8. Chip Garber is the star player of what team in the novel?
(c) Duke University.
9. The essay winners and their parents have an opportunity to meet a famous sports writer from what publication in Chapter 2?
(a) The L.A. Times.
(b) The New York Daily News.
(c) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The Denver Post.
10. Stevie and Susan Carol go down to the front desk to get what in Chapter 9?
(a) The manager's business card.
(b) Extra towels.
(c) A copy of Jerry Ventura's key.
(d) Directions to the swimming pool.
11. What is a literary device in which an author suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
12. When he meets Susan Carol on the court, Stevie asks her if she's been able to find who in Chapter 6?
(a) Chip Graber.
(b) The man in the gray suit.
(c) Bobby Kelleher.
(d) Dick Weiss.
13. Dick Weiss tells Stevie and Susan Carol that it's in the moderator handbook to refer to the basketball players as what in Chapter 4?
(a) Athletes in training.
(b) Aspiring basketball players.
(c) Amateur basketball players.
(d) Student athletes.
14. How old is Stevie?
15. What class does Thomas Whiting teach in the novel?
(a) Roman history.
(b) Probability and statistics.
(d) Ethics and morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Susan Carol and Stevie run into a MSU staff member who gives them his keycard to get what in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 9, Stevie and Susan Carol discover that Chip Graber doesn't have what at the hotel?
3. Who accompanies Stevie on the trip when he leaves to cover a sporting event in Chapter 1?
4. Stevie and Susan Carol part for dinner and plan to meet the next morning to go to the hotel where what team is staying?
5. What is the name of the head coach of Duke in the novel?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)