Chapters 1 - 2
• In Chapter 1, Stevie Thomas receives a letter that he is the winner of an essay contest; as the winner, he has the opportunity to cover the Final Four basketball games as a student reporter.
• Stevie's mother says Stevie has to wait for his father to get home to see if he can take time off of work to accompany Stevie to the games, which are in New Orleans.
• Stevie's dad said yes and when they are checking into their hotel, they are in line behind a famous sports reporter, Tony Kornheiser.
• In Chapter 2, the following morning, Stevie and his dad are heading to the awards breakfast when they meet the other winner of the student reporter essay contest, Susan Carol Anderson.
• To Stevie's dismay, Susan Carol is a huge Duke basketball fan.
• While the parents are talking, Joe Mitch, who is one of the judges...
This section contains 2,287 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)