|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 29, what does Lissa ask Serena to give to her?
2. In chapter 25, what weapon do the guardians chasing Rose and Dimitri use that Rose thinks of as cheating?
3. In chapter 33, why is Rose convinced that by jumping in front of a bullet she has ensured she will die this time?
4. In chapter 22, to where are Rose and her companions heading?
5. In chapter 30, who does Lissa learn the old woman giving the monarch tests is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
2. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
3. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
4. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
5. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
6. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
7. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
8. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
9. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
10. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
What are auras? Why does Sonya tell Rose that her aura matches with Dimitri's? What did Sonya see in Dimitri and Rose's auras that made her believe they were lovers? How does this information lead Rose to realize that Dimitri is still in love with her? Why is this information a surprise to Rose? How does Rose respond to Dimitri's admission of love? What complicates Rose and Dimitri's relationship? What ultimatum does Rose place on Dimitri before she will agree to become committed to him? What other relationship does Rose need to deal with before committing to Dimitri?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)