|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 31, how does the crowd respond to Lissa during the final step in the monarch elections?
2. In chapter 20, why does Robert try to compel Sonya?
3. In chapter 36, who escorts Lissa to her coronation?
4. In chapter 34, what does Rose discover missing?
5. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
2. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
3. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
4. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
5. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
6. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
7. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
8. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
9. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
10. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
Essay Topic 3
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)