|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 24, with what type of weapon does a Moroi man attempt to attack Lissa?
2. In chapter 32, who gets the crowd's attention for Rose?
3. In chapter 21, what object is Lissa handed and told contains her second monarch test?
4. In chapter 30, who does Lissa discover was being trained in self defense by Grant?
5. In chapter 23, why does the identity of her biological father surprise Jill?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
2. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
3. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
4. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
5. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
6. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
7. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
8. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
9. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
10. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)