|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 19, who meets Lissa when she returns from the first test and assures she has some security around her?
2. In chapter 28, why does Sonya heal Rose's injuries before they go in search of Jill?
3. In chapter 33, who moves up to stop the guardians from arresting Rose and Dimitri?
4. In chapter 25, where does Dimitri decide he and Rose should spend the night after fleeing the Mastrano home?
5. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
2. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
3. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
4. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
5. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
6. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
7. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
8. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Rose and Lissa
2) Rose and Dimitri
3) Rose and Adrian
4) Rose and Abe
Essay Topic 3
Who is Daniella Ivashkov? Why did she pay a janitor to say her son was at Rose's rooms at a particular time? Is this the truth? What is Daniella trying to hide? Who does it turn out that Daniella has been sharing a bed with? How does this give Daniella motive for murder? What other things does Daniella do that make others think her capable of murder? What was Daniella's attitude toward Rose prior to Tatiana's murder? What motive would Daniella have for setting Rose up for murder?
This section contains 1,326 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)