|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 28, why does Sonya make Dimitri take Robert away after Victor's death?
2. In chapter 32, how does Adrian respond to Rose's theory on who killed Tatiana?
3. In chapter 26, for what reason is Eddie in trouble when Rose checks in with Lissa again?
4. In chapter 35, what does Rose call Adrian that illustrates in part why they could never make one another happy?
5. In chapter 36, who escorts Lissa to her coronation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
2. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
3. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
4. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
5. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
6. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
7. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
8. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
9. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
10. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Rose claim killed Tatiana? How do the Moroi and dhampir people respond to Rose's accusations? How does the murderer react? Why does Lissa jump in front of the murderer? Why is Rose shot? What happens after Rose is shot? What did coming back from death on her own do to Rose's bond with Lissa? Why? Who was elected queen? What will Rose's future job be? What is Dimitri's job? What does this mean for their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) False Accusations
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)