|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 23, who wants to call the guardians on Rose and Dimitri?
2. In chapter 25, where does Dimitri decide he and Rose should spend the night after fleeing the Mastrano home?
3. Who is Ethan?
4. In chapter 33, who does Rose learn was the Moroi Eddie killed during an attack on Lissa?
5. In chapter 35, what does Lissa want Jill to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
2. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
3. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
4. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
5. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
6. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
7. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
8. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
9. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
10. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)