|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 28, how do Robert and Victor keep Jill from trying to escape their custody at the motel where Rose and Dimitri find them?
2. In chapter 23, why does the identity of her biological father surprise Jill?
3. In chapter 34, who does Dimitri tell Rose healed her?
4. In chapter 32, how does Adrian respond to Rose's theory on who killed Tatiana?
5. In chapter 22, why does Rose suddenly have doubts about where she and her companions have just arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
2. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
3. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
4. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
5. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
6. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
7. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
8. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
9. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
10. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,283 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)