|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 22, for what reason does Rose decide to try to sleep while traveling in the car?
2. In chapter 28, how do Robert and Victor keep Jill from trying to escape their custody at the motel where Rose and Dimitri find them?
3. In chapter 27, what is Lissa's final monarch test?
4. In chapter 35, whom does Jill have a crush on?
5. In chapter 20, why does Robert try to compel Sonya?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
2. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
3. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
4. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
5. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
6. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
7. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
8. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
9. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
10. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Daniella Ivashkov? Why did she pay a janitor to say her son was at Rose's rooms at a particular time? Is this the truth? What is Daniella trying to hide? Who does it turn out that Daniella has been sharing a bed with? How does this give Daniella motive for murder? What other things does Daniella do that make others think her capable of murder? What was Daniella's attitude toward Rose prior to Tatiana's murder? What motive would Daniella have for setting Rose up for murder?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)