|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 21, what does Rose think is causing the Moroi to become weak and docile?
2. In chapter 33, who does Rose learn was the Moroi Eddie killed during an attack on Lissa?
3. In chapter 21, whose funeral does Lissa find herself attending in a spirit induced vision?
4. In chapter 29, what condition does place on a future relationship with Dimitri?
5. In chapter 23, why does the identity of her biological father surprise Jill?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Rose and Lissa
2) Rose and Dimitri
3) Rose and Adrian
4) Rose and Abe
This section contains 1,754 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)