|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 29, why does Rose feel guilty for killing Victor?
2. In chapter 31, how does the crowd respond to Lissa during the final step in the monarch elections?
3. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
4. In chapter 20, what gift from their spirit does Sonya and Robert both have that they use to fight one another?
5. In chapter 21, for what reason does the woman giving the second test say that Lissa's grandfather backed out of the nomination for monarch twenty years before?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
2. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
3. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
4. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
5. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
6. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
7. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
8. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
9. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
10. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
This section contains 1,424 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)