|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 32, who gets the crowd's attention for Rose?
2. In chapter 25, where does Dimitri decide he and Rose should spend the night after fleeing the Mastrano home?
3. In chapter 22, why does Rose suddenly have doubts about where she and her companions have just arrived?
4. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
5. In chapter 21, what object is Lissa handed and told contains her second monarch test?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
2. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
3. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
4. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
5. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
6. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
7. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
8. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
9. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
10. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
This section contains 1,388 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)