|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 35, what does Lissa want Jill to do for her?
2. In chapter 36, what lightly veiled threat does Abe make against Dimitri?
3. In chapter 27, what is Lissa's final monarch test?
4. In chapter 23, what is Emily's main reason for not wanting Jill to go to Court?
5. In chapter 23, what was Emily's profession when she met Eric Dragomir?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
2. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
3. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
4. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
5. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
6. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
7. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
8. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Rose claim killed Tatiana? How do the Moroi and dhampir people respond to Rose's accusations? How does the murderer react? Why does Lissa jump in front of the murderer? Why is Rose shot? What happens after Rose is shot? What did coming back from death on her own do to Rose's bond with Lissa? Why? Who was elected queen? What will Rose's future job be? What is Dimitri's job? What does this mean for their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)