|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 33, why is Rose convinced that by jumping in front of a bullet she has ensured she will die this time?
2. In chapter 32, how does Adrian respond to Rose's theory on who killed Tatiana?
3. In chapter 31, what is Lissa's next step in the monarch elections?
4. In chapter 26, who does Sonya suggest must have called the guardians on Rose and Dimitri?
5. In chapter 23, what was Emily's profession when she met Eric Dragomir?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
2. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
3. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
4. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
5. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
6. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
7. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
8. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
9. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
10. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are auras? Why does Sonya tell Rose that her aura matches with Dimitri's? What did Sonya see in Dimitri and Rose's auras that made her believe they were lovers? How does this information lead Rose to realize that Dimitri is still in love with her? Why is this information a surprise to Rose? How does Rose respond to Dimitri's admission of love? What complicates Rose and Dimitri's relationship? What ultimatum does Rose place on Dimitri before she will agree to become committed to him? What other relationship does Rose need to deal with before committing to Dimitri?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)