|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 23, what is Emily's main reason for not wanting Jill to go to Court?
2. In chapter 21, who does Lissa know committed suicide when the spirit user she was bonded to died?
3. In chapter 24, who does Rose say helped her recover after her trip to Russia?
4. In chapter 33, who moves up to stop the guardians from arresting Rose and Dimitri?
5. In chapter 23, what was Emily's profession when she met Eric Dragomir?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
2. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
3. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
4. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
5. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
6. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
7. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
8. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
9. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
10. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ian? What is his relationship to Sydney? Why does Lissa think Ian knows something about the Moroi who attacked her and was killed by Eddie? Why would a Moroi attack another Moroi? Is this common in Moroi society? Why is Eddie arrested after killing the Moroi? Was Eddie acting properly, or did he do something illegal? Why does Rose decide she needs to talk to Ian about what he knows about the Moroi man? Who does Ian identify the Moroi man as being?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) False Accusations
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)