|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 24, what does Sydney say she cannot stand to watch even as it is taking place downstairs from her?
2. In chapter 27, what does Dimitri do in his sleep that surprises Rose?
3. In chapter 35, what does Lissa want Jill to do for her?
4. In chapter 20, what kind of food does Rose feed to Sonya that will be her first food since becoming Strigoi?
5. In chapter 32, what motive does Rose suggest that Daniella had for stealing the Alchemist records on Eric Dragomir?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
2. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
3. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
4. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
5. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
6. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
7. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
8. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
9. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
10. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)