|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 27, who assures Lissa he will find out what Ian knows about the dead Moroi?
2. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
3. In chapter 25, how did Sonya manage to escape the Mastrano house despite the guardians?
4. In chapter 32, what motive does Rose suggest that Daniella had for stealing the Alchemist records on Eric Dragomir?
5. In chapter 27, what is Lissa's final monarch test?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
2. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
3. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
4. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
5. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
6. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
7. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
8. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
9. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
10. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the Keepers? Why do they live outside of Moroi society? How is their lifestyle different from those of the Moroi at Court? What does Sydney dislike about the Keepers? What does Rose find surprising about the Keepers? Why is this so surprising? Who is Joshua? Why does he make a proposal of marriage to Rose? How does Rose react to this proposal? How does this proposal lead Angeline, Joshua's sister, to attack Rose? How is this a part of the Keeper traditions?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ian? What is his relationship to Sydney? Why does Lissa think Ian knows something about the Moroi who attacked her and was killed by Eddie? Why would a Moroi attack another Moroi? Is this common in Moroi society? Why is Eddie arrested after killing the Moroi? Was Eddie acting properly, or did he do something illegal? Why does Rose decide she needs to talk to Ian about what he knows about the Moroi man? Who does Ian identify the Moroi man as being?
This section contains 1,322 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)