|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 24, what does Sydney say she cannot stand to watch even as it is taking place downstairs from her?
2. In chapter 29, what does Lissa ask Serena to give to her?
3. In chapter 19, what does Lissa tell Christian prevents her from talking about the monarch tests?
4. In chapter 31, how does Mikhail react to seeing Sonya again?
5. In chapter 26, for what reason is Eddie in trouble when Rose checks in with Lissa again?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
2. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
3. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
4. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
5. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
6. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
7. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
8. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
9. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
10. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)