|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 30, who does Lissa discover was being trained in self defense by Grant?
2. In chapter 31, how does the crowd respond to Lissa during the final step in the monarch elections?
3. In chapter 35, whom does Jill have a crush on?
4. In chapter 21, who does Lissa know committed suicide when the spirit user she was bonded to died?
5. In chapter 20, where does Sonya want to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
2. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
3. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
4. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
5. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
6. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
7. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
8. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
9. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
10. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who does Rose claim killed Tatiana? How do the Moroi and dhampir people respond to Rose's accusations? How does the murderer react? Why does Lissa jump in front of the murderer? Why is Rose shot? What happens after Rose is shot? What did coming back from death on her own do to Rose's bond with Lissa? Why? Who was elected queen? What will Rose's future job be? What is Dimitri's job? What does this mean for their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
What is a Strigoi? What is their nature as compared to Moroi and dhampir? What makes Strigoi dangerous to Moroi and dhampirs? Why do dhampirs train to kill Strigoi? What are the three ways in which a Strigoi can be killed? How can a Strigoi be created? How can a Strigoi be returned to their original state? How many times has this taken place in Moroi society? How does returning to a more humane form impact the former Strigoi? For what reason?
This section contains 1,317 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)