|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 33, who moves up to stop the guardians from arresting Rose and Dimitri?
2. In chapter 19, what does Lissa tell Christian prevents her from talking about the monarch tests?
3. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
4. In chapter 22, to where are Rose and her companions heading?
5. Who is Ethan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
2. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
3. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
4. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
5. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
6. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
7. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
8. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
9. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
10. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
This section contains 1,397 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)