|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 25, where does Dimitri decide he and Rose should spend the night after fleeing the Mastrano home?
2. In chapter 22, why is Emily Mastrano surprised to see Sonya?
3. In chapter 29, why does Rose feel guilty for killing Victor?
4. Who is Ethan?
5. In chapter 34, what does Rose discover missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
2. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
3. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
4. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
5. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
6. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
7. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
8. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
9. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
10. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
What are auras? Why does Sonya tell Rose that her aura matches with Dimitri's? What did Sonya see in Dimitri and Rose's auras that made her believe they were lovers? How does this information lead Rose to realize that Dimitri is still in love with her? Why is this information a surprise to Rose? How does Rose respond to Dimitri's admission of love? What complicates Rose and Dimitri's relationship? What ultimatum does Rose place on Dimitri before she will agree to become committed to him? What other relationship does Rose need to deal with before committing to Dimitri?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)