|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 22, why is Emily Mastrano surprised to see Sonya?
2. In chapter 19, who does Christian tell Lissa thinks she would be a better monarch than most of the other candidates despite her age?
3. In chapter 27, what does Dimitri do in his sleep that surprises Rose?
4. Who is Ethan?
5. In chapter 31, how does Mikhail react to seeing Sonya again?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
2. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
3. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
4. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
5. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
6. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
7. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
8. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
9. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
10. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
2) point of view
Essay Topic 3
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)