|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
2. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
3. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
4. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
5. In chapter 5, what does Dimitri insist Rose must do when he realizes they are being followed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
2. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
3. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
4. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
5. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
6. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
7. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
8. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
9. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
10. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) False Accusations
Essay Topic 3
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)