|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
2. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
3. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
4. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
5. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
2. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
3. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
4. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
5. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
6. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
7. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
8. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
9. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
10. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Rose and Lissa
2) Rose and Dimitri
3) Rose and Adrian
4) Rose and Abe
Essay Topic 2
What are auras? Why does Sonya tell Rose that her aura matches with Dimitri's? What did Sonya see in Dimitri and Rose's auras that made her believe they were lovers? How does this information lead Rose to realize that Dimitri is still in love with her? Why is this information a surprise to Rose? How does Rose respond to Dimitri's admission of love? What complicates Rose and Dimitri's relationship? What ultimatum does Rose place on Dimitri before she will agree to become committed to him? What other relationship does Rose need to deal with before committing to Dimitri?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Daniella Ivashkov? Why did she pay a janitor to say her son was at Rose's rooms at a particular time? Is this the truth? What is Daniella trying to hide? Who does it turn out that Daniella has been sharing a bed with? How does this give Daniella motive for murder? What other things does Daniella do that make others think her capable of murder? What was Daniella's attitude toward Rose prior to Tatiana's murder? What motive would Daniella have for setting Rose up for murder?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)