|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
2. In chapter 11, what kind of clothing does Rose wear in her dream with Adrian?
3. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
5. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
2. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
3. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
4. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
5. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
6. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
7. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
8. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
9. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
10. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
Essay Topic 2
Who does Rose claim killed Tatiana? How do the Moroi and dhampir people respond to Rose's accusations? How does the murderer react? Why does Lissa jump in front of the murderer? Why is Rose shot? What happens after Rose is shot? What did coming back from death on her own do to Rose's bond with Lissa? Why? Who was elected queen? What will Rose's future job be? What is Dimitri's job? What does this mean for their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)