|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
2. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
3. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
4. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
2. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
3. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
4. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
5. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
6. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
7. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
8. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
9. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
10. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)