|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
2. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
3. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
4. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
5. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
2. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
3. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
4. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
5. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
6. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
7. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
8. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
9. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
10. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)