|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
2. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
3. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
4. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
5. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
2. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
3. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
4. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
5. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
6. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
7. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
8. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
9. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
10. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) False Accusations
Essay Topic 2
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
2) point of view
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)