|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
2. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
3. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
4. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
5. In chapter 11, what do the Keepers call Rose's battle mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
2. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
3. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
4. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
5. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
6. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
7. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
8. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
9. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
10. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)