|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
2. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
3. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
4. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
5. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
2. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
3. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
4. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
5. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
6. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
7. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
8. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
9. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
10. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)