|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
2. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
3. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose think is the most likely motive for Tatiana's murder?
4. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
5. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
2. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
3. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
4. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
5. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
6. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
7. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
8. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
9. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
10. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Daniella Ivashkov? Why did she pay a janitor to say her son was at Rose's rooms at a particular time? Is this the truth? What is Daniella trying to hide? Who does it turn out that Daniella has been sharing a bed with? How does this give Daniella motive for murder? What other things does Daniella do that make others think her capable of murder? What was Daniella's attitude toward Rose prior to Tatiana's murder? What motive would Daniella have for setting Rose up for murder?
Essay Topic 2
What is a Strigoi? What is their nature as compared to Moroi and dhampir? What makes Strigoi dangerous to Moroi and dhampirs? Why do dhampirs train to kill Strigoi? What are the three ways in which a Strigoi can be killed? How can a Strigoi be created? How can a Strigoi be returned to their original state? How many times has this taken place in Moroi society? How does returning to a more humane form impact the former Strigoi? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
This section contains 2,716 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)