|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
2. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
3. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
4. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
5. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
2. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
3. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
4. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
5. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
6. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
7. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
8. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
9. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
10. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Keepers? Why do they live outside of Moroi society? How is their lifestyle different from those of the Moroi at Court? What does Sydney dislike about the Keepers? What does Rose find surprising about the Keepers? Why is this so surprising? Who is Joshua? Why does he make a proposal of marriage to Rose? How does Rose react to this proposal? How does this proposal lead Angeline, Joshua's sister, to attack Rose? How is this a part of the Keeper traditions?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Dimitri have such a violent reaction when he kills Strigoi? What does Dimitri hope will be the result of these killings? How does Rose help Dimitri calm after this episode? How does this mark a change in Dimitri's attitude toward Rose? What happened to Dimitri to fill him with so much guilt and self-loathing? Why has Dimitri pushed Rose away? After this episode, what seems to have changed in Dimitri's behavior as compared to earlier in the novel? How does Dimitri appear to continue changing when Sonya Karp is healed from her Strigoi condition?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
This section contains 2,686 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)