Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is compulsion?
2. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
3. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
4. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
2. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
3. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
6. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
7. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
8. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) False Accusations
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)