|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, for what reason does Rose feel she cannot offer comfort to Dimitri?
2. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
3. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
4. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
5. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
2. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
3. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
4. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
5. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
6. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
7. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
8. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
9. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
10. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ian? What is his relationship to Sydney? Why does Lissa think Ian knows something about the Moroi who attacked her and was killed by Eddie? Why would a Moroi attack another Moroi? Is this common in Moroi society? Why is Eddie arrested after killing the Moroi? Was Eddie acting properly, or did he do something illegal? Why does Rose decide she needs to talk to Ian about what he knows about the Moroi man? Who does Ian identify the Moroi man as being?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)