|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
2. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
3. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
4. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
5. Who is Alberta?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
2. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
3. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
4. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
5. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
6. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
7. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
8. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
9. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
10. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
4) False Accusations
This section contains 1,218 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)