|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
2. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
3. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
4. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
5. In chapter 11, what do the Keepers call Rose's battle mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
2. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
3. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
6. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
7. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
8. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
9. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
10. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
This section contains 1,248 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)