|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
2. In chapter 3, what time of day does Tatiana's funeral take place?
3. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
4. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
5. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose think is the most likely motive for Tatiana's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
2. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
3. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
4. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
5. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
6. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
7. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
8. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
9. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
10. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
What is a Strigoi? What is their nature as compared to Moroi and dhampir? What makes Strigoi dangerous to Moroi and dhampirs? Why do dhampirs train to kill Strigoi? What are the three ways in which a Strigoi can be killed? How can a Strigoi be created? How can a Strigoi be returned to their original state? How many times has this taken place in Moroi society? How does returning to a more humane form impact the former Strigoi? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
Who does Rose claim killed Tatiana? How do the Moroi and dhampir people respond to Rose's accusations? How does the murderer react? Why does Lissa jump in front of the murderer? Why is Rose shot? What happens after Rose is shot? What did coming back from death on her own do to Rose's bond with Lissa? Why? Who was elected queen? What will Rose's future job be? What is Dimitri's job? What does this mean for their relationship?
This section contains 2,640 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)