|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
2. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
3. In chapter 10, how does Rose think Lissa will react to the idea of being nominated for queen?
4. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
5. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
2. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
3. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
4. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
5. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
6. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
7. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
8. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
9. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
10. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
Who are the Keepers? Why do they live outside of Moroi society? How is their lifestyle different from those of the Moroi at Court? What does Sydney dislike about the Keepers? What does Rose find surprising about the Keepers? Why is this so surprising? Who is Joshua? Why does he make a proposal of marriage to Rose? How does Rose react to this proposal? How does this proposal lead Angeline, Joshua's sister, to attack Rose? How is this a part of the Keeper traditions?
This section contains 1,253 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)