|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
2. In chapter 18, what does Rose tell Victor she thinks will cause Sonya to finally give them the information they want?
3. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
4. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
5. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
2. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
3. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
4. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
5. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
6. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
7. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
8. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
9. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
10. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Daniella Ivashkov? Why did she pay a janitor to say her son was at Rose's rooms at a particular time? Is this the truth? What is Daniella trying to hide? Who does it turn out that Daniella has been sharing a bed with? How does this give Daniella motive for murder? What other things does Daniella do that make others think her capable of murder? What was Daniella's attitude toward Rose prior to Tatiana's murder? What motive would Daniella have for setting Rose up for murder?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
2) point of view
Essay Topic 3
Who is Sydney? Why is she helping Rose in her escape from jail? How does Sydney feel about Rose and others of her kind? For what reason? Why does Rose believe Sydney is helping her? Where does Sydney take Rose and Dimitri after they are run out of the motel where they were supposed to stay? Why? What does Sydney think of this place where she has taken Rose and Dimitri? Why is Sydney so bothered by the lifestyle of the Keepers? How are the Keepers different from those living in modern Moroi society?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)