|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
2. In chapter 4, who is Rose surprised to see working together to help her escape her jail cell?
3. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
4. In chapter 11, what does Dimitri tell Rose she should do more?
5. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
2. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
3. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
4. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
5. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
6. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
7. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
8. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
9. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
10. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
Essay Topic 3
What is a Strigoi? What is their nature as compared to Moroi and dhampir? What makes Strigoi dangerous to Moroi and dhampirs? Why do dhampirs train to kill Strigoi? What are the three ways in which a Strigoi can be killed? How can a Strigoi be created? How can a Strigoi be returned to their original state? How many times has this taken place in Moroi society? How does returning to a more humane form impact the former Strigoi? For what reason?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)