|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
2. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
3. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
4. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
5. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose think is the most likely motive for Tatiana's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
2. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
3. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
4. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
5. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
6. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
7. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
8. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
9. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
10. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Adrian? What is his relationship to Rose? How does Adrian visit Rose in her dreams? Why does he do this? How does Rose feel about Adrian? How does Rose's feelings for Adrian change as the novel progresses? Who else visits Rose's dreams? For what purpose? How does Rose react to this? Why does Rose share information with these people? For what purpose? What result is Rose hoping for when she begins to work within her dreams to further her cause?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
Essay Topic 3
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
This section contains 1,403 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)