|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, what time of day does Tatiana's funeral take place?
2. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
3. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
4. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
5. In chapter 17, what is the first object Lissa finds according the her clues on her map during her first monarch test?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
2. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
3. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
4. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
5. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
6. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
7. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
8. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
9. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
10. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
What is a Strigoi? What is their nature as compared to Moroi and dhampir? What makes Strigoi dangerous to Moroi and dhampirs? Why do dhampirs train to kill Strigoi? What are the three ways in which a Strigoi can be killed? How can a Strigoi be created? How can a Strigoi be returned to their original state? How many times has this taken place in Moroi society? How does returning to a more humane form impact the former Strigoi? For what reason?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)