|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, for what reason does Rose feel she cannot offer comfort to Dimitri?
2. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
3. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
4. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
5. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
2. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
3. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
4. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
5. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
6. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
7. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
8. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
9. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
10. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
2) point of view
Essay Topic 2
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)