|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
2. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
3. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
4. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
5. Who is Joshua?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
2. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
3. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
4. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
5. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
6. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
7. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
8. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
9. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
10. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Rose Hathaway? Why is she in jail at the beginning of the novel? What is she accused of doing? What book does her father give her to read? Why is this an interesting choice of books for a person in Rose's position? What note does Rose have from the murder victim? Why would Rose be chosen as the recipient of such a note? What impact could the information in the note have on Rose and Lissa if it proves to be true? Why does Rose contact the person who wrote the note to verify its veracity? Why does Rose not ask this person the identity of her real killer at the same time?
This section contains 1,379 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)