Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is compulsion?
2. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
3. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
4. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
2. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
3. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
6. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
7. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
8. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
Who is Dimitri? What is his relationship to Rose? Why is Rose surprised to discover him helping her to escape from jail? Who else helps Rose escape from jail? Why does Rose argue against Dimitri continuing to help her? What does Rose think Dimitri should do rather than help her? Why does Rose believe Dimitri is helping her? Is this the complete truth? What does Rose want to do with her new found freedom? What does Rose learn she is supposed to do while free?
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)