|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
2. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
3. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
4. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
5. In chapter 6, how does Rose distract Dimitri long enough to escape their room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
2. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
3. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
4. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
5. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
6. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
7. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
8. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
9. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
10. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
Essay Topic 2
What is Mikhail's relationship with Sonya Karp? How does Mikhail react when he sees Sonya for the first time after her healing from her Strigoi form? Why is Mikhail not surprised by her return to a Moroi form? What did Mikhail do when Sonya first became Strigoi? For what reason? How did this impact Mikhail's career as a guardian? For what reason has Mikhail decided to help Rose? What has Mikhail done to help Rose? How does Mikhail help Rose to prove the identity of the real killer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)