|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
2. In chapter 3, who approaches Lissa before the funeral to ask about Adrian?
3. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
4. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
5. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
2. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
3. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
6. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
7. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
8. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
9. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
10. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Lissa Dragomir? Why does she play a role in Rose's escape from jail? What role does she play? Why does Lissa tell everyone that she believes Rose to be guilty of murder? Why does Lissa begin investigating the death of Tatiana? Why can Lissa not vote with the Moroi governing council? Why can Lissa not be voted queen? Why does Lissa becomes a nominee for queen despite her inability to be elected? What is the reaction of the people when Lissa begins to run for queen? What does this say about Lissa and the people's desire for a change?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
Essay Topic 3
What are auras? Why does Sonya tell Rose that her aura matches with Dimitri's? What did Sonya see in Dimitri and Rose's auras that made her believe they were lovers? How does this information lead Rose to realize that Dimitri is still in love with her? Why is this information a surprise to Rose? How does Rose respond to Dimitri's admission of love? What complicates Rose and Dimitri's relationship? What ultimatum does Rose place on Dimitri before she will agree to become committed to him? What other relationship does Rose need to deal with before committing to Dimitri?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)