|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
2. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
3. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
4. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
5. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
2. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
3. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
6. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
7. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
8. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
9. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
10. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusions:
1) Moroi government laws that prevent Lissa from taking her rightful place on the council
2) The impact of another Dragomir sibling on Lissa's future
3) The traditions of the Keepers as compared to those of the Moroi
Essay Topic 2
Who is Victor Dashkov? What did Victor do to Lissa in an earlier book of this series? What did Victor do to Rose and Dimitri? Why did Rose have a part in freeing Victor from prison? How did Victor get away from Rose after his escape from prison? Why does Victor contact Rose through dreams? What does Victor want from Rose? What does Rose share with Victor? How do Victor and Robert come to be involved in the interrogation of Sonya Karp? How does Robert change Sonya from Strigoi to Moroi? For what purpose? Does Robert get the result he wants from Sonya?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Rose go in search of Lissa's illegitimate sibling? What is the importance of the existence of this sibling? How did Rose learn about this sibling? Who takes Rose and her companions to the home of this sibling? Why is Rose shocked by the identity of the sibling? Why does Rose try not to cause more harm than necessary to the sibling and her family? What happens when Rose attempts to take the sibling back to Court? Why is the sibling kidnapped? What power does the person who controls the sibling have? Why does this become a problem even after the sibling is revealed?
This section contains 1,345 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)