Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is compulsion?
2. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
3. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
4. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
2. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
3. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
6. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
7. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
8. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Daniella Ivashkov? Why did she pay a janitor to say her son was at Rose's rooms at a particular time? Is this the truth? What is Daniella trying to hide? Who does it turn out that Daniella has been sharing a bed with? How does this give Daniella motive for murder? What other things does Daniella do that make others think her capable of murder? What was Daniella's attitude toward Rose prior to Tatiana's murder? What motive would Daniella have for setting Rose up for murder?
Essay Topic 2
What are auras? Why does Sonya tell Rose that her aura matches with Dimitri's? What did Sonya see in Dimitri and Rose's auras that made her believe they were lovers? How does this information lead Rose to realize that Dimitri is still in love with her? Why is this information a surprise to Rose? How does Rose respond to Dimitri's admission of love? What complicates Rose and Dimitri's relationship? What ultimatum does Rose place on Dimitri before she will agree to become committed to him? What other relationship does Rose need to deal with before committing to Dimitri?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in an essay using quotes from the novel to support your conclusion:
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)