|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 34, what does Rose discover missing?
(a) The bond between she and Lissa.
(b) Her promise mark.
(c) Her battle mark.
2. In chapter 26, what does Lissa notice is unusual about the dead man's hand?
(a) It is missing several fingers.
(b) It is encased in a bandage of some sort.
(c) It has an extra finger.
(d) It is scarred and he had several bent fingers.
3. In chapter 35, what does Rose call Adrian that illustrates in part why they could never make one another happy?
(a) He is a womanizer.
(b) He considers himself a victim.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
4. In chapter 20, why does Robert try to compel Sonya?
(a) To make her want to become Strigoi again.
(b) To force her to tell who the Dragomir illegitimate sibling is.
(c) To make her return to the house.
(d) To force her to attack Rose.
5. In chapter 26, for what reason is Eddie in trouble when Rose checks in with Lissa again?
(a) For using deadly force in his guardian duties.
(b) For having a stake at Court.
(c) For failing to protect Lissa better.
(d) For killing a Moroi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 29, what condition does place on a future relationship with Dimitri?
2. In chapter 23, why does Emily Mastrano think that Rose sought her out?
3. In chapter 34, who does Dimitri tell Rose healed her?
4. In chapter 22, why is Emily Mastrano surprised to see Sonya?
5. In chapter 21, what does Rose think is causing the Moroi to become weak and docile?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
2. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
3. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
4. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
5. In chapter 26, why does Sonya Karp contact Rose through a dream?
6. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
7. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
8. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)