|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 36, what lightly veiled threat does Abe make against Dimitri?
(a) That he might suffer a boating accident.
(b) That he might suffer a hunting accident.
(c) That he might be left alone with a Strigoi.
(d) That he might find himself attacked by Abe's bodyguards.
2. In chapter 19, who meets Lissa when she returns from the first test and assures she has some security around her?
3. In chapter 35, what does Rose call Adrian that illustrates in part why they could never make one another happy?
(a) He is a womanizer.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He considers himself a victim.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
4. In chapter 21, who does Lissa know committed suicide when the spirit user she was bonded to died?
(a) Anna, St. Vladimir's bond partner.
(b) Mark, Oksana's bond partner.
(c) Charles, Robert's bond partner.
(d) Rose, Lissa's bond partner.
5. In chapter 23, what is Emily's main reason for not wanting Jill to go to Court?
(a) Being at Court will allow her too close to Christian Ozera.
(b) Her position as Lissa's only family could place her in danger.
(c) Emily cannot control her behavior at Court.
(d) The Court is corrupt and will teach her bad things.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 34, who does Rose learn won the monarch election?
2. In chapter 20, why does Robert try to compel Sonya?
3. In chapter 25, where does Dimitri decide he and Rose should spend the night after fleeing the Mastrano home?
4. In chapter 35, whom does Jill have a crush on?
5. In chapter 24, who calms Rose after she witnesses the attack on Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
2. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
3. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
4. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
5. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
6. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
7. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
8. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
9. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
10. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)