|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 24, who does Rose say helped her recover after her trip to Russia?
2. In chapter 20, where does Sonya want to go?
(a) To the lake.
(b) Into her garden.
(c) To find her former lover.
(d) To the store.
3. In chapter 25, how did Sonya manage to escape the Mastrano house despite the guardians?
(a) With a little compulsion.
(b) Emily helped her hide in the pantry.
(c) She snuck out before the raid.
(d) They were only after Rose and Dimitri.
4. In chapter 22, why does Rose suddenly have doubts about where she and her companions have just arrived?
(a) She is afraid of being caught by the guardians.
(b) She is afraid of getting separated from Dimitri.
(c) She is afraid of losing the trial of the Dragomir sibling.
(d) She is afraid Sonya might have tricked them.
5. In chapter 21, who does Lissa know committed suicide when the spirit user she was bonded to died?
(a) Mark, Oksana's bond partner.
(b) Charles, Robert's bond partner.
(c) Anna, St. Vladimir's bond partner.
(d) Rose, Lissa's bond partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 25, what weapon do the guardians chasing Rose and Dimitri use that Rose thinks of as cheating?
2. In chapter 26, for what reason is Eddie in trouble when Rose checks in with Lissa again?
3. In chapter 29, what does Lissa ask Serena to give to her?
4. In chapter 23, what is Emily's main reason for not wanting Jill to go to Court?
5. In chapter 33, who does Rose learn was the Moroi Eddie killed during an attack on Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
2. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
3. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
4. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
5. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
6. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
7. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
8. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
9. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
10. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
This section contains 1,359 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)