|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 26, what does Lissa notice is unusual about the dead man's hand?
(a) It is scarred and he had several bent fingers.
(b) It has an extra finger.
(c) It is encased in a bandage of some sort.
(d) It is missing several fingers.
2. In chapter 19, who interrupts Christian and Lissa just as they are enjoying some alone time together?
3. In chapter 23, why does the identity of her biological father surprise Jill?
(a) She did not know her father was rich.
(b) She did not know she was from a royal family.
(c) She did not know her father was Moroi.
(d) She did not know John was not her father.
4. In chapter 22, why is Emily Mastrano surprised to see Sonya?
(a) Sonya disowned her years ago.
(b) Sonya is no longer Strigoi.
(c) Sonya is supposed to be in a hospital.
(d) Sonya reportedly died years ago.
5. In chapter 20, why does Robert try to compel Sonya?
(a) To make her return to the house.
(b) To force her to tell who the Dragomir illegitimate sibling is.
(c) To make her want to become Strigoi again.
(d) To force her to attack Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 28, how do Robert and Victor keep Jill from trying to escape their custody at the motel where Rose and Dimitri find them?
2. In chapter 24, who has asked Lissa to stop by so he might show her something?
3. In chapter 22, why does Rose suddenly have doubts about where she and her companions have just arrived?
4. In chapter 24, who calms Rose after she witnesses the attack on Lissa?
5. In chapter 33, who moves up to stop the guardians from arresting Rose and Dimitri?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
2. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
3. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
4. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
5. In chapter 34, in what way are Rose and Dimitri finally able to fulfill their dreams?
6. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
7. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
8. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
9. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
10. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)