|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 23, what was Emily's profession when she met Eric Dragomir?
(a) Ballet dancer.
(b) Music video dancer.
(d) Broadway actress.
2. In chapter 19, whose name does Blake continuously get wrong while Lissa and her friends are speaking to him?
3. In chapter 21, for what reason does the woman giving the second test say that Lissa's grandfather backed out of the nomination for monarch twenty years before?
(a) He wanted to spend more time with his family.
(b) His health was failing.
(c) He wanted to go back to his business.
(d) He did not think he would make a good monarch.
4. In chapter 28, how do Robert and Victor keep Jill from trying to escape their custody at the motel where Rose and Dimitri find them?
(c) A threat against Lissa.
5. In chapter 28, why does Sonya heal Rose's injuries before they go in search of Jill?
(a) To make her more comfortable.
(b) So she can fight efficiently.
(c) So she will not have to see a doctor.
(d) To prevent her from getting sick later.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 30, who does Lissa discover was being trained in self defense by Grant?
2. In chapter 30, what does Rose ask Sonya to make for her?
3. In chapter 25, how did Sonya manage to escape the Mastrano house despite the guardians?
4. In chapter 24, who has asked Lissa to stop by so he might show her something?
5. In chapter 35, what does Lissa want Jill to do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
2. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
3. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
4. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
5. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
6. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
7. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
8. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
9. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
10. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)