|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 28, why does Sonya heal Rose's injuries before they go in search of Jill?
(a) To prevent her from getting sick later.
(b) To make her more comfortable.
(c) So she can fight efficiently.
(d) So she will not have to see a doctor.
2. In chapter 20, what kind of food does Rose feed to Sonya that will be her first food since becoming Strigoi?
(c) A donut.
(d) A candy bar.
3. In chapter 31, how does the crowd respond to Lissa during the final step in the monarch elections?
(a) They elect her on the spot.
(b) They go wild for her.
(c) They largely ignore her.
(d) A few cheer her, but most are disapproving.
4. In chapter 25, where does Dimitri decide he and Rose should spend the night after fleeing the Mastrano home?
(a) A campground.
(b) The car.
(c) A boarding house.
(d) A hotel.
5. In chapter 19, who meets Lissa when she returns from the first test and assures she has some security around her?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 33, why is Rose convinced that by jumping in front of a bullet she has ensured she will die this time?
2. In chapter 29, what does Lissa ask Serena to give to her?
3. In chapter 24, who has asked Lissa to stop by so he might show her something?
4. In chapter 24, who calms Rose after she witnesses the attack on Lissa?
5. In chapter 31, how does Mikhail react to seeing Sonya again?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
2. In chapter 23, how does Emily Mastrano react to Rose's revelations and her desire to take Jill to Court? How does Jill react?
3. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
4. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
5. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
6. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
7. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
8. In chapter 22, who visits Rose in a dream? What does Rose accidentally allow to slip during this dream?
9. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
10. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
This section contains 1,216 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)