|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 20, what does Rose ask Sydney to do with Victor's car?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Crash it.
(c) Disable it.
(d) Move it.
2. In chapter 32, who gets the crowd's attention for Rose?
3. In chapter 34, who does Rose learn won the monarch election?
4. In chapter 35, what does Rose call Adrian that illustrates in part why they could never make one another happy?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He considers himself a victim.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is a womanizer.
5. In chapter 28, why does Sonya heal Rose's injuries before they go in search of Jill?
(a) So she will not have to see a doctor.
(b) So she can fight efficiently.
(c) To make her more comfortable.
(d) To prevent her from getting sick later.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 27, what does Dimitri do in his sleep that surprises Rose?
2. In chapter 20, where does Sonya want to go?
3. In chapter 22, why is Emily Mastrano surprised to see Sonya?
4. In chapter 24, who calms Rose after she witnesses the attack on Lissa?
5. In chapter 30, who does Lissa learn the old woman giving the monarch tests is?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 25, who raids the Mastrano house? For what reason?
2. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
3. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
4. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
5. In chapter 20, what kind of garden does Sonya Karp have at her home? For what reason does she tell Rose she kept a garden as a Strigoi?
6. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
7. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
8. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
9. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
10. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)