|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 25, what weapon do the guardians chasing Rose and Dimitri use that Rose thinks of as cheating?
2. In chapter 21, why is Sydney forced to ride in the trunk space of her own car?
(a) There is no room anywhere else.
(b) She needs to be there to watch for anyone following them.
(c) She is being punished.
(d) It was her choice to be as far from the Moroi as possible.
3. In chapter 26, what does Lissa notice is unusual about the dead man's hand?
(a) It is scarred and he had several bent fingers.
(b) It is encased in a bandage of some sort.
(c) It is missing several fingers.
(d) It has an extra finger.
4. In chapter 30, who does Lissa learn the old woman giving the monarch tests is?
(a) Rose's great-grandmother.
(b) Tatiana's aunt.
(c) Her great-grandmother.
(d) The queen before Tatiana.
5. In chapter 24, who does Rose say helped her recover after her trip to Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 34, who does Dimitri tell Rose healed her?
2. In chapter 19, how many candidates does Lissa learn failed the first monarch test?
3. In chapter 21, what does Rose think is causing the Moroi to become weak and docile?
4. In chapter 24, with what type of weapon does a Moroi man attempt to attack Lissa?
5. In chapter 19, who meets Lissa when she returns from the first test and assures she has some security around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
2. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
3. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
4. In chapter 28, what happens when Rose and Victor fight outside the motel where Victor and Robert were hiding with Jill? Why?
5. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
6. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
7. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
8. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
9. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
10. During the second monarch test, Lissa's worst fears are used against her. What are these fears?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)