|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 23, why does the identity of her biological father surprise Jill?
(a) She did not know her father was Moroi.
(b) She did not know she was from a royal family.
(c) She did not know her father was rich.
(d) She did not know John was not her father.
2. In chapter 25, what weapon do the guardians chasing Rose and Dimitri use that Rose thinks of as cheating?
3. In chapter 22, who decides to stay in the car with Victor and Robert when Rose and her companions arrive at their destination?
4. In chapter 21, why is Sydney forced to ride in the trunk space of her own car?
(a) She is being punished.
(b) There is no room anywhere else.
(c) She needs to be there to watch for anyone following them.
(d) It was her choice to be as far from the Moroi as possible.
5. In chapter 22, for what reason does Rose decide to try to sleep while traveling in the car?
(a) To pass the time.
(b) To make up for the lack of sleep at Sonya's.
(c) To prepare for what is coming.
(d) In hopes of seeing Adrian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 21, for what reason does the woman giving the second test say that Lissa's grandfather backed out of the nomination for monarch twenty years before?
2. In chapter 30, what does Rose ask Sonya to make for her?
3. In chapter 23, what was Emily's profession when she met Eric Dragomir?
4. In chapter 27, who assures Lissa he will find out what Ian knows about the dead Moroi?
5. In chapter 19, how many candidates does Lissa learn failed the first monarch test?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
2. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
3. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
4. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
5. In chapter 21, why do Dimitri and Rose decide to take Victor and Robert with them to the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling?
6. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
7. In chapter 31, who do Lissa and Rose initially think Tatiana's killer is? Who helps confirm these suspicions?
8. How is Emily Mastrano related to Sonya Karp? How does she react to Sonya's appearance on her doorstep in chapter 23?
9. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
10. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)