|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She has no idea where they can go next.
(b) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
(c) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
(d) She hates spontaneous acts.
2. In chapter 18, how does Sonya begin to break free from her restraints?
(a) She bucks up against the chain and breaks it.
(b) She twists the handcuffs with her super strength.
(c) She uses a knife she has hidden to cut the rope.
(d) She uses her fangs to chew at the restraints.
3. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
(a) The darkness of spirit she has taken from Lissa over their bond.
(b) Her dislike for Sydney in general.
(c) Her irritation at being pulled from Lissa's mind.
(d) A migraine from her head wound.
4. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
(a) A silver stake.
5. In chapter 11, what do the Keepers call Rose's battle mark?
(a) Lily mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
2. What is compulsion?
3. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
4. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
5. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
2. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
3. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
4. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
5. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
6. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
7. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
8. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
9. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
10. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)