|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
(a) Live for love.
(b) Live in the now.
(c) Look to the future.
(d) Be cautious.
2. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
(a) Drunk with a couple of Moroi girls.
(b) Drunk in her own rooms.
(c) Visiting relatives outside of Court.
(d) Visiting Rose.
3. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) With special incentives.
(b) With strict laws.
(c) By compulsion.
(d) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
4. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
(a) Getting her out of Russia.
(b) Helping her father out of jail.
(c) Moving her from New Orleans to Pennsylvania.
(d) Procuring an important medication for her brother.
5. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
2. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
3. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
4. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
5. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
2. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
3. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
4. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
5. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
6. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
7. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
8. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
9. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
10. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)