|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
(c) A silver stake.
2. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to enter another's dreams.
(b) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
(c) The ability to move objects with the mind.
(d) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
3. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
(b) A chain.
4. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
5. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri focus on to remind himself of the beauty in life?
(a) Rose's skin.
(b) Rose's jewelry.
(c) Rose's hair.
(d) Rose's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
2. In chapter 11, why does Sydney trade cars with Raymond?
3. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
4. In chapter 14, who is last to nominate Lissa as a queen candidate?
5. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
2. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
3. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
4. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
5. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
6. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
7. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
8. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
9. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
10. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)