|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, who is last to nominate Lissa as a queen candidate?
(a) Abe Mazur.
(b) Tasha Ozera.
(c) Adrian Ivashkov,
(d) Christian Ozera.
2. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
(a) She is more frightened than she ought to be.
(b) She is amuzed by the spectacle and the injuries of those around her.
(c) She does not seem surprised.
(d) She seems to think she was the target.
3. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
(a) Like moving through water.
(b) Nothing, they are not real.
(c) The real thing.
(d) Like running in sand.
4. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) Vampires everywhere.
(b) An Alchemist commune.
(c) A group of human hillbillies.
(d) A human commune.
5. In chapter 18, what does Rose tell Victor she thinks will cause Sonya to finally give them the information they want?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
2. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
3. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
4. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
5. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
2. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
3. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
4. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
5. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
6. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
7. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
8. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
9. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
10. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)