|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, who is last to nominate Lissa as a queen candidate?
(a) Abe Mazur.
(b) Tasha Ozera.
(c) Adrian Ivashkov,
(d) Christian Ozera.
2. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
(a) Ann Harbor, Michigan.
(b) Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
(c) Nashville, Tennessee.
(d) Lexington, Kentucky.
3. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
(a) Her irritation at being pulled from Lissa's mind.
(b) Her dislike for Sydney in general.
(c) A migraine from her head wound.
(d) The darkness of spirit she has taken from Lissa over their bond.
4. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
(a) The worlds largest ball of rubber bands.
(b) The Corn Palace.
(c) The Cadillac Ranch.
(d) The world's largest ball of string.
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(b) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(c) Twenty Years After.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
2. In chapter 3, what time of day does Tatiana's funeral take place?
3. In chapter 5, how does Dimitri say he knows Rose ran into trouble in the mall without asking about it?
4. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
5. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
2. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
3. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
4. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
5. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
6. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
7. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
8. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
9. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
10. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)