|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The yellow color.
(b) The car parked out front.
(c) The name on the mailbox.
(d) The gardens in the front and back yards.
2. In chapter 17, what is the first object Lissa finds according the her clues on her map during her first monarch test?
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A water bottle.
(d) A tarp.
3. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She quickly accepts.
(b) She turns it down.
(c) She hesitates, but accepts.
(d) She walks away without an answer.
4. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To tease him.
(b) To see how much he already knows about her.
(c) To shock him.
(d) To get help finding her.
5. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
(a) Whether or not an Ivashkov has the right to nominate a candidate for the monarchy.
(b) Whether or not she can legally run for the monarchy.
(c) Whether or not Lissa is old enough to be a queen candidate.
(d) Whether or not the elections should take place before Rose is found.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
2. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
3. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
4. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
5. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
2. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
3. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
4. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
5. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
6. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
7. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
8. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
9. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
10. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)