|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
2. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
(a) Lost glasses.
(b) A broken wrist.
(c) A car alarm.
(d) A tazer.
3. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
(a) Just for the satisfaction of it.
(b) To see what would happen.
(c) She is angry with him for hurting Lissa.
(d) She is annoyed he has invaded her dreams and for escaping her custody in Vegas.
4. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She hates spontaneous acts.
(b) She has no idea where they can go next.
(c) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
(d) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
5. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Rufus Tarus.
(b) Ariana Szelsky.
(c) Tasha Ozera.
(d) Ronald Ozera.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, how does Rose think Lissa will react to the idea of being nominated for queen?
2. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
3. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
4. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
5. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
2. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
3. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
4. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
5. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
6. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
7. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
8. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
9. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
10. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
This section contains 1,366 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)