|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For defending Rose before her arrest.
(b) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(c) For attacking Tatiana.
(d) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
2. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The yellow color.
(b) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(c) The car parked out front.
(d) The name on the mailbox.
3. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(b) She does not trust him.
(c) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
(d) She does not want him to be alone.
4. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
(b) Visiting her mental bond with Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Writing and working on defense movements.
5. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
2. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
3. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
4. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
2. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
3. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
4. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
5. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
6. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
7. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
8. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
9. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
10. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)