|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
2. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) With strict laws.
(b) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
(c) By compulsion.
(d) With special incentives.
3. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To get help finding her.
(b) To see how much he already knows about her.
(c) To shock him.
(d) To tease him.
4. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
(b) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
(c) To lift his mood.
(d) To limit his ability to use spirit.
5. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
(a) As though the healing is a gift that cannot be wasted.
(b) As though he should have been the one to do it.
(c) As though he was dreaming.
(d) As though he should have done something to stop it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
2. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
3. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
4. In chapter 6, how does Rose distract Dimitri long enough to escape their room?
5. In chapter 13, for what reason does Rose give for Dimitri's disapproval of her showing Joshua attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
2. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
3. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
4. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
5. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
6. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
7. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
8. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
9. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
10. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)