|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
2. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
(a) To force a change in Moroi laws.
(b) To make her queen.
(c) To throw a wrench in the normal workings of the government.
(d) To give them time to find Tatiana's real killer.
3. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) She helped find the information to heal him.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) Lissa asked him to.
(d) She was his student.
4. In chapter 17, what does Lissa see out in the forest while she waits for her first monarch test to end?
(a) A wild boar.
(b) The other candidates.
(c) Hidden cameras.
5. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
(b) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
(c) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(d) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alberta?
2. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
3. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
4. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
5. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
2. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
3. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
4. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
5. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
6. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
7. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
8. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
9. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
10. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)