|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joshua?
(a) Raymond's grandson.
(b) Raymond's nephew.
(c) Raymond's cousin.
(d) Raymond's son.
2. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
(a) Back to St. Vlad's.
(b) To Siberia to live with his family.
(c) Back to Court.
(d) To Las Vegas to hide out with Robert Doru.
3. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(b) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
(c) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(d) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
4. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Flashy cars.
(b) Common cars.
(c) Sports cars.
5. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
(a) She is accused of stealing Archemist documents.
(b) She is accused of murdering the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(c) She is accused of threatening the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(d) She is accused of selling illegal goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri ask Sydney to do when they reach Lexington, Kentucky?
2. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
3. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
4. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
5. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
2. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
3. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
4. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
5. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
6. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
7. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
8. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
9. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
10. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)