|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
(a) The Cadillac Ranch.
(b) The Corn Palace.
(c) The worlds largest ball of rubber bands.
(d) The world's largest ball of string.
2. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
(a) Blake Lazar.
(b) Eric Dragomir.
(c) Abe Mazur.
(d) Christian Ozera.
3. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
(a) The darkness of spirit she has taken from Lissa over their bond.
(b) A migraine from her head wound.
(c) Her irritation at being pulled from Lissa's mind.
(d) Her dislike for Sydney in general.
4. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
(a) Whether or not an Ivashkov has the right to nominate a candidate for the monarchy.
(b) Whether or not Lissa is old enough to be a queen candidate.
(c) Whether or not the elections should take place before Rose is found.
(d) Whether or not she can legally run for the monarchy.
5. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
2. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
3. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
4. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
5. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 32, who introduces Jill as a Dragomir to the Moroi Council? Who confirms the information?
2. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
3. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
4. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
5. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
6. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
7. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
8. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
9. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
10. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)