|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She does not like the motel.
(b) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(c) She does not trust Dimitri.
(d) She wants to help with the investigation.
2. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To get help finding her.
(b) To tease him.
(c) To shock him.
(d) To see how much he already knows about her.
3. In chapter 2, what is Lissa doing when Rose visits the mental bond?
(a) Looking for clues to the identity of the real killer.
(b) Fighting to get Dimitri freed.
(c) Dress shopping.
(d) Interviewing lawyers.
4. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(b) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(c) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(d) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
5. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
(c) A silver stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
2. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
3. In chapter 11, what does Dimitri tell Rose she should do more?
4. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
5. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 30, for what reason does Rose ask Adrian to have Mikhail meet she, Dimitri, and Sonya outside of the Court the next day?
2. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
3. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
4. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
5. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
6. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
7. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
8. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
9. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
10. In chapter 36, what mantra that all guardians-in-training does Rose repeat to Dimitri? What is his response?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)