|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, who does Sonya threaten to consume first when she gets free from her restraints?
2. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
(b) He wants to help Lissa.
(c) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(d) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
3. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
(a) She has too large a family.
(b) They have no access to Moroi records.
(c) Her records were destroyed when she turned Strigoi.
(d) She has no family.
4. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They have been dishonored.
(b) They are not royals.
(c) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
(d) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
5. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The car parked out front.
(b) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(c) The yellow color.
(d) The name on the mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 13, for what reason does Rose give for Dimitri's disapproval of her showing Joshua attention?
2. In chapter 7, for what reason does Rose insist she must be allowed to go off alone when Dimitri catches up to her?
3. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
4. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
5. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
2. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
3. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
4. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
5. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
6. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
7. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
8. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
9. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
10. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
This section contains 1,418 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)