|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) With strict laws.
(b) By compulsion.
(c) With special incentives.
(d) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
2. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
(a) To ensure she will be home.
(b) It will be easier to find the house.
(c) For surprise and to limit her ability to allude them.
(d) To reduce the chances of other Strigoi coming to her aid.
3. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
(a) It is gone.
(b) Lissa is experiencing strong emotion.
(c) Lissa is in danger.
(d) Lissa is calling to her.
4. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
5. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They have been dishonored.
(b) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(c) They are not royals.
(d) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
2. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
3. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
4. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
5. In chapter 2, what is Lissa doing when Rose visits the mental bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
2. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
3. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
4. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
5. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
6. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
7. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
8. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
9. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
10. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
This section contains 1,350 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)