|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to enter another's dreams.
(b) The ability to move objects with the mind.
(c) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
(d) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
2. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
3. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
4. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
(a) Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Ann Harbor, Michigan.
(d) Lexington, Kentucky.
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Twenty Years After.
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
2. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
3. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
4. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
5. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
2. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
3. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
6. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
7. In chapter 24, how does Eddie find himself forced to kill a Moroi? How does Eddie do this?
8. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
9. In chapter 24, what does the letter Ambrose found among Tatiana's private papers imply about a possible motive for murder? Who does the letter point to?
10. In chapter 20, for what reason do Sonya and Robert begin to fight? How do they fight?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)