|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
(a) To Siberia to live with his family.
(b) Back to St. Vlad's.
(c) To Las Vegas to hide out with Robert Doru.
(d) Back to Court.
2. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
(a) To help her solve a larger riddle.
(b) To provide first aid.
(c) To lead her to safety.
(d) To build shelter and a fire.
3. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
4. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She does not trust him.
(b) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
(c) She does not want him to be alone.
(d) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
5. In chapter 14, what do the Moroi laws state about a person's eligibility to be nominated as a monarch candidate?
(a) That they have a monarch in their family history.
(b) That they have three Moroi royal nominations.
(c) That they have three family members to nominate them.
(d) That they be of royal blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
2. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
3. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
4. In chapter 15, what type of shop does the Strigoi, Donovan, run?
5. Who is Joshua?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
2. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
3. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
4. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
5. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
6. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
7. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
8. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
9. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
10. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
This section contains 1,239 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)