|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
(a) Lexington, Kentucky.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Ann Harbor, Michigan.
(d) Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
2. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) A group of human hillbillies.
(b) An Alchemist commune.
(c) A human commune.
(d) Vampires everywhere.
3. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
(a) Procuring an important medication for her brother.
(b) Moving her from New Orleans to Pennsylvania.
(c) Getting her out of Russia.
(d) Helping her father out of jail.
4. In chapter 11, what do the Keepers call Rose's battle mark?
(c) Lily mark.
5. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The palace.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The funeral home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
2. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
3. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
4. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
5. In chapter 15, what type of shop does the Strigoi, Donovan, run?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
2. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
3. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
4. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
5. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
6. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
7. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
8. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
9. Why do Rose and Dimitri begin fighting physically once they arrive at the motel where they will be staying until Rose's friends can prove her innocence?
10. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)