|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The name on the mailbox.
(b) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(c) The yellow color.
(d) The car parked out front.
2. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
(a) A previous tarot card reading.
(b) Her own assumptions about her future.
(c) A psychic's predictions.
(d) Dimitri's dim predictions of the future.
3. In chapter 3, what time of day does Tatiana's funeral take place?
(a) The middle of the night, noon in vampire day.
(b) Late evening, which is vampire early morning.
(c) The middle of the day, midnight in vampire night.
(d) Early morning, which is vampire night.
4. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) Vampires everywhere.
(b) An Alchemist commune.
(c) A group of human hillbillies.
(d) A human commune.
5. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
(a) She is much older than him.
(b) She is human.
(c) She is much younger than him.
(d) She is Strigoi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
2. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
3. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
4. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
5. In chapter 2, what is Lissa doing when Rose visits the mental bond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
2. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
3. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
4. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
5. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
6. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
7. What is Lissa's role to be in the funeral for Tatiana?
8. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
9. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
10. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)