|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
(a) Christian Ozera.
(b) Blake Lazar.
(c) Eric Dragomir.
(d) Abe Mazur.
2. In chapter 12, for what reason does Rose feel she cannot offer comfort to Dimitri?
(a) She thinks it would only confuse matters.
(b) She is afraid he will hurt her.
(c) She is afraid it would be cheating on Adrian.
(d) She thinks he would not like it.
3. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Ronald Ozera.
(b) Ariana Szelsky.
(c) Tasha Ozera.
(d) Rufus Tarus.
4. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
(a) To protect him from further discrimination due to his previous Strigoi status.
(b) To keep him from danger.
(c) To satisfy Adrian's jealousy.
(d) Out of fear of his violent tendencies.
5. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
2. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
3. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
4. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
5. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
2. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
3. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
4. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
5. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
6. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
7. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
8. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
9. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
10. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)