|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
(b) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
(c) The ability to move objects with the mind.
(d) The ability to enter another's dreams.
2. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
(a) The quilts.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The wall decorations.
(d) The homemade furniture.
3. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To lift his mood.
(b) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
(c) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
(d) To limit his ability to use spirit.
4. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) A promise made to Lissa.
(b) His promise to Abe.
(c) He is being paid to protect her.
(d) His love for her.
5. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 11, what kind of clothing does Rose wear in her dream with Adrian?
2. In chapter 18, who does Sonya threaten to consume first when she gets free from her restraints?
3. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
4. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
5. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
2. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
3. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
4. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
5. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
6. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
7. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
8. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
9. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
10. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)