|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They have been dishonored.
(b) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
(c) They are not royals.
(d) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
2. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Janine and Eddie.
(b) Mikhail and Meredith.
(c) Meredith and Serena.
(d) Eddie and Mikhail.
3. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) She was his student.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) She helped find the information to heal him.
(d) Lissa asked him to.
4. In chapter 3, what time of day does Tatiana's funeral take place?
(a) The middle of the night, noon in vampire day.
(b) Early morning, which is vampire night.
(c) The middle of the day, midnight in vampire night.
(d) Late evening, which is vampire early morning.
5. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
(b) A silver stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
2. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
3. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
4. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
5. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 27, why have the guardians had Sydney brought to the Court? What does one of the Alchemists with Sydney appear to recognize during the guardian interview of Sydney?
2. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
3. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
4. In chapter 35, what does Adrian say Rose has done in her quest to find her own happiness? Is this a fair assessment?
5. In chapter 19, what surprises Lissa when she returns to Court after her first test? Why?
6. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
7. In chapter 22, Rose and the others arrive at the home of the Dragomir illegitimate sibling. Who is it that Rose finds on the other side of the door? Why is this a surprise?
8. In chapter 29, what are Rose and Dimitri discussing that leads to Dimitri finally admitting his remaining feelings for Rose?
9. In chapter 33, who does Rose accuse as Tatiana's killer? What happens when the guardians attempt to arrest Tatiana's killer?
10. In chapter 19, who do Lissa, Christian, and Adrian interview about Tatiana's murder? What is revealed?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)