|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri ask Sydney to do when they reach Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) Interrogate the Strigoi and find where Sonya Karp lives.
(b) Lure the Strigoi out of his shop.
(c) Help fight the Strigoi.
(d) Call the Alchemists for help in finding Sonya Karp.
2. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Ronald Ozera.
(b) Tasha Ozera.
(c) Rufus Tarus.
(d) Ariana Szelsky.
3. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
(a) A crowded train station.
(b) The woods.
(c) The road to town.
(d) A busy highway.
4. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Janine and Eddie.
(b) Eddie and Mikhail.
(c) Mikhail and Meredith.
(d) Meredith and Serena.
5. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
(a) The church.
(b) The statues.
(c) The palace.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
2. Who is Joshua?
3. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
4. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
5. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
2. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
3. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
4. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
5. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
6. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
7. Who decides to provide security for Lissa during the monarch tests? For what reason?
8. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
9. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
10. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)