|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She does not like the motel.
(b) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(c) She does not trust Dimitri.
(d) She wants to help with the investigation.
2. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
3. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
(a) Her records were destroyed when she turned Strigoi.
(b) She has no family.
(c) She has too large a family.
(d) They have no access to Moroi records.
4. In chapter 18, who does Sonya threaten to consume first when she gets free from her restraints?
5. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(b) They have been dishonored.
(c) They are not royals.
(d) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
2. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
3. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
4. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
5. In chapter 11, what kind of clothing does Rose wear in her dream with Adrian?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
2. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
3. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
4. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
5. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
6. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
7. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
8. Who is Joe the janitor? What does he reveal to Lissa and Adrian under compulsion about his testimony at Rose's evidence hearing?
9. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
10. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)