|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) She was his student.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) She helped find the information to heal him.
(d) Lissa asked him to.
2. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
(a) Dimitri's dim predictions of the future.
(b) A psychic's predictions.
(c) Her own assumptions about her future.
(d) A previous tarot card reading.
3. In chapter 14, what do the Moroi laws state about a person's eligibility to be nominated as a monarch candidate?
(a) That they have three family members to nominate them.
(b) That they have a monarch in their family history.
(c) That they have three Moroi royal nominations.
(d) That they be of royal blood.
4. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To tease him.
(b) To shock him.
(c) To get help finding her.
(d) To see how much he already knows about her.
5. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri focus on to remind himself of the beauty in life?
(a) Rose's skin.
(b) Rose's face.
(c) Rose's jewelry.
(d) Rose's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joshua?
2. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
3. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
4. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
5. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
2. Who are the Keepers? What do Rose and Sydney both find uncomfortable with the Keepers' way of living?
3. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
4. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
5. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
6. How does Rose receive visits from people during her sleep? Who is the first to visit her in chapter 10? For what reason?
7. In chapter 4, Rose becomes aware that most of the guards have run out of her cell block and left her with much fewer guards. What has caused this?
8. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
9. How does Dimitri react to the Strigoi he and Rose are forced to fight to get the information they need about Sonya Karp? Why?
10. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)