|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
(a) A chain.
2. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
(b) She does not want him to be alone.
(c) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(d) She does not trust him.
3. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The palace.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The funeral home.
4. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To tease him.
(b) To get help finding her.
(c) To see how much he already knows about her.
(d) To shock him.
5. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
(a) Visiting Rose.
(b) Visiting relatives outside of Court.
(c) Drunk in her own rooms.
(d) Drunk with a couple of Moroi girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
2. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
3. In chapter 7, for what reason does Rose insist she must be allowed to go off alone when Dimitri catches up to her?
4. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
5. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
2. Why does Rose agree to return to the motel with Dimitri? For what reason can Rose, Dimitri and Sydney no longer stay at the motel?
3. What do Alchemists do for the Keepers that makes Sydney concerned that they might be spotted by other Alchemists? What problem might this cause?
4. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
5. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
6. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
7. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
8. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
9. Why does Adrian nominate Lissa for the monarchy in chapter 14? Why is this unusual?
10. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
This section contains 1,285 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)