|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(b) For defending Rose before her arrest.
(c) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
(d) For attacking Tatiana.
2. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
(a) To force a change in Moroi laws.
(b) To throw a wrench in the normal workings of the government.
(c) To make her queen.
(d) To give them time to find Tatiana's real killer.
3. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Common cars.
(b) Flashy cars.
(d) Sports cars.
4. In chapter 7, for what reason does Rose insist she must be allowed to go off alone when Dimitri catches up to her?
(a) To protect them from trouble.
(b) To give her the freedom to investigate Tatiana's murder in her own way.
(c) To allow her to seek revenge for Tatiana's murder.
(d) To allow her to disappear for good.
5. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
(a) She has too large a family.
(b) She has no family.
(c) They have no access to Moroi records.
(d) Her records were destroyed when she turned Strigoi.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 18, what does Rose tell Victor she thinks will cause Sonya to finally give them the information they want?
2. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
3. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
4. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
5. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 11, what does Rose need Sydney to research for her? Why?
2. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
3. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
4. What is the nature of the bond between Rose and Lissa? How can Rose be blocked from the bond?
5. What does Dimitri learn in chapter 13 about the location of Sonya Karp? How does Rose respond to this news?
6. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
7. Who wants to go with Rose, Dimitri, and Sydney when they leave the Keepers settlement? For what reason? Why does Rose refuse?
8. Who is Ambrose? Why does Lissa suggest they talk to him as she and her friends begin investigating the murder of Tatiana?
9. What warning does Victor make to Rose about Sonya Karp in chapter 18? Why does this warning frighten Sydney?
10. In chapter 11, how do Rose and Dimitri end up in a library? What do they do there?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)