|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
(d) Crude cabins.
2. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
(c) West Virginia.
3. In chapter 3, who approaches Lissa before the funeral to ask about Adrian?
(a) One of his many girlfriends.
(b) Nathan Ivashkov.
(c) Daniella Ivashkov.
(d) The funeral director.
4. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The car parked out front.
(b) The yellow color.
(c) The name on the mailbox.
(d) The gardens in the front and back yards.
5. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
(a) She is much younger than him.
(b) She is much older than him.
(c) She is Strigoi.
(d) She is human.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
2. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
3. In chapter 11, why does Sydney trade cars with Raymond?
4. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
5. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dimitri Belikov? What happened to him in the previous novel?
2. What is the nature of Lissa's first monarch test?
3. What does Rose dislike about the clothing Sydney has purchased and brought for Rose? For what reason?
4. In chapter 18, what does Robert Doru do to Sonya Karp in order to encourage her to tell them what they need to do?
5. Who is Sonya Karp? How did she become a Strigoi? What does she have to do with Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
6. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
7. What does Dimitri do in order to find out where Sonya Karp is? How does this impact him emotionally?
8. Where did Rose get a note written by her alleged murder victim, Queen Tatiana? What does it say?
9. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
10. In chapter 10, what does Victor suggest Rose have Lissa due in order to buy them time to find out who really killed Tatiana? How will this delay Rose's fate?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)