|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(b) They are not royals.
(c) They have been dishonored.
(d) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
2. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
(a) Lissa is calling to her.
(b) Lissa is experiencing strong emotion.
(c) It is gone.
(d) Lissa is in danger.
3. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(b) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
(c) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(d) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
4. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
(a) Nothing, they are not real.
(b) The real thing.
(c) Like running in sand.
(d) Like moving through water.
5. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Meredith and Serena.
(b) Janine and Eddie.
(c) Eddie and Mikhail.
(d) Mikhail and Meredith.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
2. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
3. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
4. In chapter 5, how does Dimitri say he knows Rose ran into trouble in the mall without asking about it?
5. In chapter 11, what does Dimitri tell Rose she should do more?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom do Rose and Dimitri meet in a McDonald's parking lot? How does Rose think this meeting came about?
2. Who visits Rose's dreams in chapter 16? For what purpose? What does Rose reveal?
3. Why does Rose open herself to see ghost in her jail cell? Does she get the response she had hoped for?
4. In chapter 4, Rose feels guilty when she is forced to attack guardians she knows. Why does Rose attack these guardians and why does she feel guilty?
5. In chapter 17, what injury does Rose have that causes her to need time to recover? How did she get it?
6. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose tell Lissa, Adrian, and Christian about Tatiana's beliefs regarding the dhampirs?
7. What is the reaction of Hans, Alberta, and the other guardians when Lissa admits that Dimitri and Rose have an intimate relationship? Why?
8. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri subdue Sonya Karp? For what purpose?
9. In chapter 5, how does Rose end up in a mall? What does Rose use as a disguise in this mall?
10. What does it mean that Rose Hathaway is shadow kissed? What abilities has this left Rose with?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)