|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 36, what is the classic guardian uniform?
(a) A tailored suit the color of the guardian's Moroi family's crest.
(b) White pants, blue shirt, white jacket.
(c) A tailored suit in the queen's colors.
(d) Black pants, white shirt, black jacket.
2. In chapter 34, who does Rose learn won the monarch election?
3. In chapter 24, what does Sydney say she cannot stand to watch even as it is taking place downstairs from her?
(a) Vampires kissing.
(b) Moroi feeding on a human feeder.
(c) Moroi planning an attack on Strigoi.
(d) Strigoi making a kill.
4. In chapter 26, for what reason is Eddie in trouble when Rose checks in with Lissa again?
(a) For using deadly force in his guardian duties.
(b) For killing a Moroi.
(c) For having a stake at Court.
(d) For failing to protect Lissa better.
5. In chapter 20, why does Dimitri stop Rose from questioning Sonya Karp?
(a) He does not believe she is ready to answer questions.
(b) Everyone is tired and needs rest.
(c) He does not want to know the answers to those questions.
(d) Their objective has changed.
6. In chapter 34, who does Dimitri tell Rose healed her?
(c) No one, just herself.
7. In chapter 35, what does Lissa want Jill to do for her?
(a) Represent her family in the coronation.
(b) Stay away from Court.
(c) Move to Court.
(d) Attend school with her.
8. In chapter 19, how many candidates does Lissa learn failed the first monarch test?
9. In chapter 33, who moves up to stop the guardians from arresting Rose and Dimitri?
(a) Daniellla and Adrian.
(b) Eddie and Mikhail.
(c) Abe and Janine.
(d) Janine and Mikhail.
10. In chapter 23, what is Emily's main reason for not wanting Jill to go to Court?
(a) The Court is corrupt and will teach her bad things.
(b) Being at Court will allow her too close to Christian Ozera.
(c) Emily cannot control her behavior at Court.
(d) Her position as Lissa's only family could place her in danger.
11. In chapter 28, why does Sonya heal Rose's injuries before they go in search of Jill?
(a) To prevent her from getting sick later.
(b) To make her more comfortable.
(c) So she will not have to see a doctor.
(d) So she can fight efficiently.
12. In chapter 32, how does Adrian respond to Rose's theory on who killed Tatiana?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He believes her instantly.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He argues for another suspect.
13. In chapter 21, for what reason does the woman giving the second test say that Lissa's grandfather backed out of the nomination for monarch twenty years before?
(a) His health was failing.
(b) He did not think he would make a good monarch.
(c) He wanted to spend more time with his family.
(d) He wanted to go back to his business.
14. In chapter 22, why is Emily Mastrano surprised to see Sonya?
(a) Sonya reportedly died years ago.
(b) Sonya is no longer Strigoi.
(c) Sonya is supposed to be in a hospital.
(d) Sonya disowned her years ago.
15. In chapter 31, how does the crowd respond to Lissa during the final step in the monarch elections?
(a) They go wild for her.
(b) They largely ignore her.
(c) A few cheer her, but most are disapproving.
(d) They elect her on the spot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 29, what condition does place on a future relationship with Dimitri?
2. In chapter 30, what does Rose ask Sonya to make for her?
3. In chapter 19, who does Christian tell Lissa thinks she would be a better monarch than most of the other candidates despite her age?
4. In chapter 19, who meets Lissa when she returns from the first test and assures she has some security around her?
5. In chapter 19, what does Lissa tell Christian prevents her from talking about the monarch tests?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)