|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The palace.
(d) The funeral home.
2. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She walks away without an answer.
(b) She turns it down.
(c) She quickly accepts.
(d) She hesitates, but accepts.
3. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
(a) They are a good looking couple.
(b) They put high value on violence and savagery.
(c) They have seen a lot of the world.
(d) They are from the modern world.
4. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
(a) Christian Ozera.
(b) Blake Lazar.
(c) Abe Mazur.
(d) Eric Dragomir.
5. In chapter 6, how does Rose distract Dimitri long enough to escape their room?
(a) She breaks his nose.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She stabs him in the chest.
(d) She knocks him unconscious.
6. In chapter 10, how does Rose think Lissa will react to the idea of being nominated for queen?
(a) She will enjoy the attention, but be relieved she cannot actually be queen.
(b) She will be disappointed that she cannot actually be queen.
(c) She will love it.
(d) She will not like it.
7. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
(b) A marriage.
(c) He wants her to become his adopted sister.
(d) Only a date.
8. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
(c) Crude cabins.
9. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(b) Twenty Years After.
(c) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(d) The Three Musketeers.
10. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(b) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
(c) For attacking Tatiana.
(d) For defending Rose before her arrest.
11. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She has no idea where they can go next.
(b) She hates spontaneous acts.
(c) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
(d) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
12. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
(a) Visiting Rose.
(b) Drunk with a couple of Moroi girls.
(c) Drunk in her own rooms.
(d) Visiting relatives outside of Court.
13. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
14. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
15. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The car parked out front.
(b) The yellow color.
(c) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(d) The name on the mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
2. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
3. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
4. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
5. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)