|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
(a) The current queen and king.
(b) Roman gods.
(c) A former Moroi queen and king.
(d) Greek gods.
2. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
(a) Only a date.
(b) He wants her to become his adopted sister.
(c) A marriage.
3. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
4. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
(a) Be cautious.
(b) Look to the future.
(c) Live in the now.
(d) Live for love.
5. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
6. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Sports cars.
(b) Common cars.
(d) Flashy cars.
7. In chapter 5, how does Dimitri say he knows Rose ran into trouble in the mall without asking about it?
(a) She is bleeding.
(b) He saw her.
(c) Her shirt is torn.
(d) She has bruises on her arms.
8. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(b) She does not like the motel.
(c) She wants to help with the investigation.
(d) She does not trust Dimitri.
9. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
(a) To give them time to find Tatiana's real killer.
(b) To make her queen.
(c) To throw a wrench in the normal workings of the government.
(d) To force a change in Moroi laws.
10. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
(a) Visiting relatives outside of Court.
(b) Visiting Rose.
(c) Drunk with a couple of Moroi girls.
(d) Drunk in her own rooms.
11. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To shock him.
(b) To get help finding her.
(c) To tease him.
(d) To see how much he already knows about her.
12. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
(b) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(c) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(d) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
13. In chapter 18, what does Rose tell Victor she thinks will cause Sonya to finally give them the information they want?
14. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To limit his ability to use spirit.
(b) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
(c) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
(d) To lift his mood.
15. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
2. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
3. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
4. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
5. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)