|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to enter another's dreams.
(b) The ability to move objects with the mind.
(c) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
(d) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
2. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
3. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
4. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
(a) Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
(b) Nashville, Tennessee.
(c) Ann Harbor, Michigan.
(d) Lexington, Kentucky.
5. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) Twenty Years After.
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
6. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
7. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
(b) He wants to help Lissa.
(c) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(d) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
8. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
(b) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(c) For defending Rose before her arrest.
(d) For attacking Tatiana.
9. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
(a) A marriage.
(b) Only a date.
(c) He wants her to become his adopted sister.
10. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
(a) A busy highway.
(b) The road to town.
(c) A crowded train station.
(d) The woods.
11. In chapter 18, how does Sonya begin to break free from her restraints?
(a) She uses a knife she has hidden to cut the rope.
(b) She uses her fangs to chew at the restraints.
(c) She bucks up against the chain and breaks it.
(d) She twists the handcuffs with her super strength.
12. In chapter 11, why does Sydney trade cars with Raymond?
(a) To avoid cops who might have a description of her car.
(b) To travel over back roads.
(c) To give the Keepers the chance to use a more modern car.
(d) Because her car is low on fuel.
13. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The palace.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The funeral home.
14. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He was bald.
(b) He dressed in flashy clothing.
(c) There was something odd about his hand.
(d) He had a scar on his face.
15. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Ronald Ozera.
(b) Tasha Ozera.
(c) Ariana Szelsky.
(d) Rufus Tarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
2. Who is Alberta?
3. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
4. In chapter 18, who does Sonya threaten to consume first when she gets free from her restraints?
5. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)