|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Flashy cars.
(b) Common cars.
(d) Sports cars.
2. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Rufus Tarus.
(b) Ariana Szelsky.
(c) Tasha Ozera.
(d) Ronald Ozera.
3. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
(a) To keep Rose from giving it away to her guards.
(b) To keep Rose from trying to take control.
(c) To keep Rose from refusing to go.
(d) To keep Rose from coming up with an alternative plan.
4. In chapter 12, for what reason does Rose feel she cannot offer comfort to Dimitri?
(a) She thinks he would not like it.
(b) She is afraid it would be cheating on Adrian.
(c) She thinks it would only confuse matters.
(d) She is afraid he will hurt her.
5. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
(b) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(c) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(d) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
6. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
(b) She hates spontaneous acts.
(c) She has no idea where they can go next.
(d) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
7. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He dressed in flashy clothing.
(b) There was something odd about his hand.
(c) He was bald.
(d) He had a scar on his face.
8. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
(a) The quilts.
(b) The wall decorations.
(c) The architecture.
(d) The homemade furniture.
9. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
10. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She quickly accepts.
(b) She walks away without an answer.
(c) She hesitates, but accepts.
(d) She turns it down.
11. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
(b) West Virginia.
12. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Lissa Dragomir.
(b) Abe Mazur.
(c) Dimitri Belikov.
(d) Eddie Castile.
13. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
14. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
15. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She does not want him to be alone.
(b) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(c) She does not trust him.
(d) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
2. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
3. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri ask Sydney to do when they reach Lexington, Kentucky?
4. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
5. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)