|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
2. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
(a) She does not have the right kind of stake.
(b) She is too short.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too soft and prim.
3. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
(a) The chest.
(b) The head.
(c) The shoulder.
(d) The leg.
4. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
(a) The current queen and king.
(b) Greek gods.
(c) A former Moroi queen and king.
(d) Roman gods.
5. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
(a) Protect her from the investigation into Rose's escape.
(b) Nominate her for queen.
(c) Find her illegitimate sibling.
(d) Keep Victor Dashkov from finding her.
6. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
7. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(b) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(c) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(d) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
8. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
(a) To help her solve a larger riddle.
(b) To lead her to safety.
(c) To provide first aid.
(d) To build shelter and a fire.
9. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He was bald.
(b) He had a scar on his face.
(c) There was something odd about his hand.
(d) He dressed in flashy clothing.
10. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
(a) Visiting her mental bond with Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Writing and working on defense movements.
11. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
12. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
(b) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(c) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
(d) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
13. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri ask Sydney to do when they reach Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) Help fight the Strigoi.
(b) Lure the Strigoi out of his shop.
(c) Interrogate the Strigoi and find where Sonya Karp lives.
(d) Call the Alchemists for help in finding Sonya Karp.
14. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
(a) A man is trying to kill her.
(b) A man is stalking her.
(c) A man attacked her in her room.
(d) A man is chasing her.
15. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Ariana Szelsky.
(b) Tasha Ozera.
(c) Ronald Ozera.
(d) Rufus Tarus.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
2. In chapter 5, how does Dimitri say he knows Rose ran into trouble in the mall without asking about it?
3. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
4. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
5. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)