|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to enter another's dreams.
(b) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
(c) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
(d) The ability to move objects with the mind.
2. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
(a) Visiting relatives outside of Court.
(b) Drunk in her own rooms.
(c) Drunk with a couple of Moroi girls.
(d) Visiting Rose.
3. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
(a) To force a change in Moroi laws.
(b) To give them time to find Tatiana's real killer.
(c) To make her queen.
(d) To throw a wrench in the normal workings of the government.
4. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
(c) A silver stake.
5. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
(b) For attacking Tatiana.
(c) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(d) For defending Rose before her arrest.
6. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The car parked out front.
(b) The name on the mailbox.
(c) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(d) The yellow color.
7. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
(a) Moving her from New Orleans to Pennsylvania.
(b) Procuring an important medication for her brother.
(c) Helping her father out of jail.
(d) Getting her out of Russia.
8. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(b) Twenty Years After.
(c) The Three Musketeers.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
9. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
(c) Writing and working on defense movements.
(d) Visiting her mental bond with Lissa Dragomir.
10. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To shock him.
(b) To get help finding her.
(c) To see how much he already knows about her.
(d) To tease him.
11. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
(a) The architecture.
(b) The homemade furniture.
(c) The quilts.
(d) The wall decorations.
12. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She does not trust Dimitri.
(b) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(c) She wants to help with the investigation.
(d) She does not like the motel.
13. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
14. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
(a) Lissa is calling to her.
(b) Lissa is experiencing strong emotion.
(c) Lissa is in danger.
(d) It is gone.
15. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They have been dishonored.
(b) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(c) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
(d) They are not royals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 11, what kind of clothing does Rose wear in her dream with Adrian?
2. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
3. Who is Joshua?
4. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
5. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)