Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(b) She does not trust him.
(c) She does not want him to be alone.
(d) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
2. In chapter 6, how does Rose distract Dimitri long enough to escape their room?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She stabs him in the chest.
(c) She knocks him unconscious.
(d) She breaks his nose.
3. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
4. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) A promise made to Lissa.
(b) His promise to Abe.
(c) His love for her.
(d) He is being paid to protect her.
5. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Common cars.
(c) Sports cars.
(d) Flashy cars.
6. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
(a) Roman gods.
(b) The current queen and king.
(c) Greek gods.
(d) A former Moroi queen and king.
7. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) Vampires everywhere.
(b) A group of human hillbillies.
(c) A human commune.
(d) An Alchemist commune.
8. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) By compulsion.
(b) With special incentives.
(c) With strict laws.
(d) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
9. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He dressed in flashy clothing.
(b) There was something odd about his hand.
(c) He was bald.
(d) He had a scar on his face.
10. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri focus on to remind himself of the beauty in life?
(a) Rose's jewelry.
(b) Rose's face.
(c) Rose's skin.
(d) Rose's hair.
11. In chapter 7, for what reason does Rose insist she must be allowed to go off alone when Dimitri catches up to her?
(a) To give her the freedom to investigate Tatiana's murder in her own way.
(b) To allow her to disappear for good.
(c) To allow her to seek revenge for Tatiana's murder.
(d) To protect them from trouble.
12. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
(a) To keep Rose from trying to take control.
(b) To keep Rose from refusing to go.
(c) To keep Rose from coming up with an alternative plan.
(d) To keep Rose from giving it away to her guards.
13. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
(b) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(c) He wants to help Lissa.
(d) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
14. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
(a) To keep him from danger.
(b) To satisfy Adrian's jealousy.
(c) To protect him from further discrimination due to his previous Strigoi status.
(d) Out of fear of his violent tendencies.
15. In chapter 13, where does Dimitri tell Rose they are going to go next?
(a) Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
(b) Lexington, Kentucky.
(c) Ann Harbor, Michigan.
(d) Nashville, Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
2. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
3. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
4. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
5. In chapter 14, who is last to nominate Lissa as a queen candidate?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)