|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
(a) To keep Rose from trying to take control.
(b) To keep Rose from coming up with an alternative plan.
(c) To keep Rose from refusing to go.
(d) To keep Rose from giving it away to her guards.
2. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
(a) A car alarm.
(b) A tazer.
(c) Lost glasses.
(d) A broken wrist.
3. In chapter 11, what does Dimitri tell Rose she should do more?
(a) Take time off to explore new places.
(b) Enjoy the beauty in life.
(c) Watch more movies.
(d) Read more.
4. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
(a) A marriage.
(b) He wants her to become his adopted sister.
(d) Only a date.
5. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
(a) The garden.
(b) The church.
(c) The statues.
(d) The palace.
6. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
(d) West Virginia.
7. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Common cars.
(b) Sports cars.
(d) Flashy cars.
8. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She turns it down.
(b) She quickly accepts.
(c) She hesitates, but accepts.
(d) She walks away without an answer.
9. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(b) She does not like the motel.
(c) She does not trust Dimitri.
(d) She wants to help with the investigation.
10. Who is Joshua?
(a) Raymond's grandson.
(b) Raymond's son.
(c) Raymond's nephew.
(d) Raymond's cousin.
11. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) With special incentives.
(b) By compulsion.
(c) With strict laws.
(d) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
12. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) Lissa asked him to.
(b) She helped find the information to heal him.
(c) She was his student.
(d) They are lovers.
13. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
14. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
15. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
(a) To make her queen.
(b) To throw a wrench in the normal workings of the government.
(c) To give them time to find Tatiana's real killer.
(d) To force a change in Moroi laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
2. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
3. What is compulsion?
4. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
5. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)