|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
(a) Moving her from New Orleans to Pennsylvania.
(b) Procuring an important medication for her brother.
(c) Helping her father out of jail.
(d) Getting her out of Russia.
2. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
3. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
(a) She is much younger than him.
(b) She is human.
(c) She is Strigoi.
(d) She is much older than him.
4. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
(b) The ability to move objects with the mind.
(c) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
(d) The ability to enter another's dreams.
5. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
6. In chapter 11, what kind of clothing does Rose wear in her dream with Adrian?
(a) A bikini and sarong.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) A bathrobe.
(d) A nice dress.
7. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
(b) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(c) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
(d) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
8. In chapter 7, for what reason does Rose insist she must be allowed to go off alone when Dimitri catches up to her?
(a) To give her the freedom to investigate Tatiana's murder in her own way.
(b) To allow her to disappear for good.
(c) To protect them from trouble.
(d) To allow her to seek revenge for Tatiana's murder.
9. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
(a) They are a good looking couple.
(b) They have seen a lot of the world.
(c) They are from the modern world.
(d) They put high value on violence and savagery.
10. In chapter 14, what do the Moroi laws state about a person's eligibility to be nominated as a monarch candidate?
(a) That they have three Moroi royal nominations.
(b) That they have three family members to nominate them.
(c) That they be of royal blood.
(d) That they have a monarch in their family history.
11. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
(d) West Virginia.
12. In chapter 5, what does Dimitri insist Rose must do when he realizes they are being followed?
(a) Give herself up.
(b) Go off on her own.
(c) Follow his lead without question.
(d) Return to Court.
13. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
(a) It will be easier to find the house.
(b) For surprise and to limit her ability to allude them.
(c) To reduce the chances of other Strigoi coming to her aid.
(d) To ensure she will be home.
14. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri focus on to remind himself of the beauty in life?
(a) Rose's hair.
(b) Rose's jewelry.
(c) Rose's skin.
(d) Rose's face.
15. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
2. In chapter 13, for what reason does Rose give for Dimitri's disapproval of her showing Joshua attention?
3. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
4. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
5. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)