|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
(a) The leg.
(b) The chest.
(c) The head.
(d) The shoulder.
2. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Eddie Castile.
(b) Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Abe Mazur.
(d) Dimitri Belikov.
3. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
(b) With strict laws.
(c) With special incentives.
(d) By compulsion.
4. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) His love for her.
(b) His promise to Abe.
(c) He is being paid to protect her.
(d) A promise made to Lissa.
5. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They have been dishonored.
(b) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(c) They are not royals.
(d) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
6. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose think is the most likely motive for Tatiana's murder?
7. What is compulsion?
(a) The ability to enter another's dreams.
(b) The ability to move objects with the mind.
(c) The ability to tell if someone is lying.
(d) The ability to force someone to do or say what you want.
8. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(b) The yellow color.
(c) The car parked out front.
(d) The name on the mailbox.
9. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
(a) To keep him from danger.
(b) To satisfy Adrian's jealousy.
(c) Out of fear of his violent tendencies.
(d) To protect him from further discrimination due to his previous Strigoi status.
10. Who is Alberta?
(a) The head of the royal guardians.
(b) The head of guardians at St. Vladimir's Academy.
(c) The head of guardians at the Royal Court.
(d) The head of the Moroi police force.
11. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri ask Sydney to do when they reach Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) Lure the Strigoi out of his shop.
(b) Interrogate the Strigoi and find where Sonya Karp lives.
(c) Call the Alchemists for help in finding Sonya Karp.
(d) Help fight the Strigoi.
12. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Eddie and Mikhail.
(b) Meredith and Serena.
(c) Janine and Eddie.
(d) Mikhail and Meredith.
13. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
(a) Live in the now.
(b) Look to the future.
(c) Live for love.
(d) Be cautious.
14. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She hesitates, but accepts.
(b) She quickly accepts.
(c) She turns it down.
(d) She walks away without an answer.
15. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
2. In chapter 2, what is Lissa doing when Rose visits the mental bond?
3. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
4. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
5. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)