|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(b) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
(c) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
(d) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
2. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
(a) Back to St. Vlad's.
(b) To Las Vegas to hide out with Robert Doru.
(c) Back to Court.
(d) To Siberia to live with his family.
3. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
(a) Like running in sand.
(b) The real thing.
(c) Nothing, they are not real.
(d) Like moving through water.
4. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
(a) A man attacked her in her room.
(b) A man is trying to kill her.
(c) A man is chasing her.
(d) A man is stalking her.
5. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
6. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
(a) It will be easier to find the house.
(b) To ensure she will be home.
(c) To reduce the chances of other Strigoi coming to her aid.
(d) For surprise and to limit her ability to allude them.
7. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) She helped find the information to heal him.
(b) They are lovers.
(c) Lissa asked him to.
(d) She was his student.
8. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
(a) As though the healing is a gift that cannot be wasted.
(b) As though he should have done something to stop it.
(c) As though he was dreaming.
(d) As though he should have been the one to do it.
9. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To lift his mood.
(b) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
(c) To limit his ability to use spirit.
(d) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
10. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Eddie and Mikhail.
(b) Meredith and Serena.
(c) Mikhail and Meredith.
(d) Janine and Eddie.
11. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
12. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
(d) A chain.
13. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She does not trust him.
(b) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(c) She does not want him to be alone.
(d) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
14. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
(a) The church.
(b) The statues.
(c) The palace.
(d) The garden.
15. In chapter 11, what does Dimitri tell Rose she should do more?
(a) Read more.
(b) Take time off to explore new places.
(c) Watch more movies.
(d) Enjoy the beauty in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, how does Rose think Lissa will react to the idea of being nominated for queen?
2. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
3. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
4. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
5. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)