|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(b) He wants to help Lissa.
(c) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
(d) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
2. In chapter 3, what time of day does Tatiana's funeral take place?
(a) The middle of the night, noon in vampire day.
(b) Early morning, which is vampire night.
(c) Late evening, which is vampire early morning.
(d) The middle of the day, midnight in vampire night.
3. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They are not royals.
(b) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
(c) They have been dishonored.
(d) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
4. In chapter 11, for what reason does Sydney say that the Keepers admire Rose and Dimitri?
(a) They are from the modern world.
(b) They are a good looking couple.
(c) They put high value on violence and savagery.
(d) They have seen a lot of the world.
5. In chapter 5, how does Dimitri say he knows Rose ran into trouble in the mall without asking about it?
(a) She is bleeding.
(b) Her shirt is torn.
(c) He saw her.
(d) She has bruises on her arms.
6. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
(a) She is accused of murdering the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(b) She is accused of selling illegal goods.
(c) She is accused of threatening the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(d) She is accused of stealing Archemist documents.
7. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
(a) She is angry with him for hurting Lissa.
(b) To see what would happen.
(c) She is annoyed he has invaded her dreams and for escaping her custody in Vegas.
(d) Just for the satisfaction of it.
8. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
9. In chapter 17, what is the first object Lissa finds according the her clues on her map during her first monarch test?
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A water bottle.
(d) A tarp.
10. In chapter 11, why does Sydney trade cars with Raymond?
(a) To travel over back roads.
(b) To avoid cops who might have a description of her car.
(c) Because her car is low on fuel.
(d) To give the Keepers the chance to use a more modern car.
11. In chapter 4, who is Rose surprised to see working together to help her escape her jail cell?
(a) Mikhail and Dimitri.
(b) Dimitri and Adrian.
(c) Eddie and Mikhail.
(d) Adrian and Eddie.
12. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
(a) A broken wrist.
(b) Lost glasses.
(c) A car alarm.
(d) A tazer.
13. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) Vampires everywhere.
(b) A group of human hillbillies.
(c) A human commune.
(d) An Alchemist commune.
14. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
(a) A man attacked her in her room.
(b) A man is stalking her.
(c) A man is chasing her.
(d) A man is trying to kill her.
15. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) First person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
2. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
3. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
4. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
5. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)