|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He dressed in flashy clothing.
(b) He had a scar on his face.
(c) There was something odd about his hand.
(d) He was bald.
2. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
(a) To keep him from danger.
(b) Out of fear of his violent tendencies.
(c) To protect him from further discrimination due to his previous Strigoi status.
(d) To satisfy Adrian's jealousy.
3. In chapter 14, who is last to nominate Lissa as a queen candidate?
(a) Tasha Ozera.
(b) Christian Ozera.
(c) Adrian Ivashkov,
(d) Abe Mazur.
4. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She has no family to give her a vote on the Council, therefore the right to be elected.
(c) Her family has been removed from power.
(d) She is too inexperienced.
5. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
(a) The quilts.
(b) The homemade furniture.
(c) The wall decorations.
(d) The architecture.
6. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
(a) For surprise and to limit her ability to allude them.
(b) To ensure she will be home.
(c) It will be easier to find the house.
(d) To reduce the chances of other Strigoi coming to her aid.
7. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
(a) Lissa is calling to her.
(b) It is gone.
(c) Lissa is in danger.
(d) Lissa is experiencing strong emotion.
8. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
(b) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
(c) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(d) He wants to help Lissa.
9. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She has no idea where they can go next.
(b) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
(c) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
(d) She hates spontaneous acts.
10. In chapter 11, why does Sydney trade cars with Raymond?
(a) To travel over back roads.
(b) Because her car is low on fuel.
(c) To avoid cops who might have a description of her car.
(d) To give the Keepers the chance to use a more modern car.
11. In chapter 17, what is the first object Lissa finds according the her clues on her map during her first monarch test?
(b) A tarp.
(c) A water bottle.
(d) A cell phone.
12. Who is Alberta?
(a) The head of the royal guardians.
(b) The head of the Moroi police force.
(c) The head of guardians at the Royal Court.
(d) The head of guardians at St. Vladimir's Academy.
13. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
14. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(b) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
(c) For attacking Tatiana.
(d) For defending Rose before her arrest.
15. In chapter 3, who approaches Lissa before the funeral to ask about Adrian?
(a) Nathan Ivashkov.
(b) The funeral director.
(c) One of his many girlfriends.
(d) Daniella Ivashkov.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
2. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
3. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
4. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
5. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)