|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, how does Sonya begin to break free from her restraints?
(a) She twists the handcuffs with her super strength.
(b) She bucks up against the chain and breaks it.
(c) She uses a knife she has hidden to cut the rope.
(d) She uses her fangs to chew at the restraints.
2. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Common cars.
(b) Flashy cars.
(c) Sports cars.
3. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
(a) Visiting relatives outside of Court.
(b) Visiting Rose.
(c) Drunk in her own rooms.
(d) Drunk with a couple of Moroi girls.
4. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
5. In chapter 11, what does Dimitri tell Rose she should do more?
(a) Take time off to explore new places.
(b) Read more.
(c) Enjoy the beauty in life.
(d) Watch more movies.
6. In chapter 17, what do Rose and Dimitri use as torture devices to try to get Sonya Karp to answer their questions?
(d) A silver stake.
7. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The funeral home.
(d) The palace.
8. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To see how much he already knows about her.
(b) To get help finding her.
(c) To shock him.
(d) To tease him.
9. In chapter 17, what does Lissa see out in the forest while she waits for her first monarch test to end?
(b) The other candidates.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) Hidden cameras.
10. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) A promise made to Lissa.
(b) His love for her.
(c) He is being paid to protect her.
(d) His promise to Abe.
11. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
(a) Like moving through water.
(b) The real thing.
(c) Nothing, they are not real.
(d) Like running in sand.
12. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The yellow color.
(b) The gardens in the front and back yards.
(c) The name on the mailbox.
(d) The car parked out front.
13. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
(a) Her dislike for Sydney in general.
(b) Her irritation at being pulled from Lissa's mind.
(c) The darkness of spirit she has taken from Lissa over their bond.
(d) A migraine from her head wound.
14. In chapter 17, what is the first object Lissa finds according the her clues on her map during her first monarch test?
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A water bottle.
(d) A tarp.
15. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
(a) She is too young.
(b) Her family has been removed from power.
(c) She is too inexperienced.
(d) She has no family to give her a vote on the Council, therefore the right to be elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
2. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
3. Who is Joshua?
4. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
5. In chapter 5, what does Dimitri insist Rose must do when he realizes they are being followed?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)