|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
(a) The real thing.
(b) Like moving through water.
(c) Like running in sand.
(d) Nothing, they are not real.
2. In chapter 3, who approaches Lissa before the funeral to ask about Adrian?
(a) Nathan Ivashkov.
(b) Daniella Ivashkov.
(c) One of his many girlfriends.
(d) The funeral director.
3. In chapter 2, what is Lissa doing when Rose visits the mental bond?
(a) Fighting to get Dimitri freed.
(b) Dress shopping.
(c) Looking for clues to the identity of the real killer.
(d) Interviewing lawyers.
4. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They are not royals.
(b) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(c) They have been dishonored.
(d) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
5. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Ariana Szelsky.
(b) Tasha Ozera.
(c) Rufus Tarus.
(d) Ronald Ozera.
6. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He dressed in flashy clothing.
(b) He had a scar on his face.
(c) He was bald.
(d) There was something odd about his hand.
7. In chapter 14, what do the Moroi laws state about a person's eligibility to be nominated as a monarch candidate?
(a) That they have a monarch in their family history.
(b) That they have three Moroi royal nominations.
(c) That they be of royal blood.
(d) That they have three family members to nominate them.
8. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
(a) She is more frightened than she ought to be.
(b) She seems to think she was the target.
(c) She does not seem surprised.
(d) She is amuzed by the spectacle and the injuries of those around her.
9. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
10. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
(b) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
(c) She has no idea where they can go next.
(d) She hates spontaneous acts.
11. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) By compulsion.
(b) With special incentives.
(c) With strict laws.
(d) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
12. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
13. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
(a) She is accused of selling illegal goods.
(b) She is accused of stealing Archemist documents.
(c) She is accused of threatening the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(d) She is accused of murdering the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
14. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
(a) To help her solve a larger riddle.
(b) To lead her to safety.
(c) To provide first aid.
(d) To build shelter and a fire.
15. In chapter 7, for what reason does Rose insist she must be allowed to go off alone when Dimitri catches up to her?
(a) To allow her to disappear for good.
(b) To give her the freedom to investigate Tatiana's murder in her own way.
(c) To allow her to seek revenge for Tatiana's murder.
(d) To protect them from trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
2. Who is Alberta?
3. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
4. In chapter 4, who is Rose surprised to see working together to help her escape her jail cell?
5. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)