|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
(b) Only Council members.
(c) Only royal Moroi.
(d) Only dhampirs.
2. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
(a) For beating up a Moroi whose questions became too intrusive.
(b) For defending Rose before her arrest.
(c) For defending Lissa from an aggressive Moroi man.
(d) For attacking Tatiana.
3. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She does not trust Dimitri.
(b) She does not like the motel.
(c) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(d) She wants to help with the investigation.
4. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
(a) Just for the satisfaction of it.
(b) She is annoyed he has invaded her dreams and for escaping her custody in Vegas.
(c) To see what would happen.
(d) She is angry with him for hurting Lissa.
5. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Dimitri Belikov.
(b) Abe Mazur.
(c) Eddie Castile.
(d) Lissa Dragomir.
6. In chapter 10, how does Rose think Lissa will react to the idea of being nominated for queen?
(a) She will not like it.
(b) She will enjoy the attention, but be relieved she cannot actually be queen.
(c) She will be disappointed that she cannot actually be queen.
(d) She will love it.
7. In chapter 18, what does Rose tell Victor she thinks will cause Sonya to finally give them the information they want?
8. In chapter 3, who recently re-landscaped the garden outside the church?
9. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri ask Sydney to do when they reach Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) Interrogate the Strigoi and find where Sonya Karp lives.
(b) Call the Alchemists for help in finding Sonya Karp.
(c) Help fight the Strigoi.
(d) Lure the Strigoi out of his shop.
10. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(b) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(c) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(d) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
11. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
(a) Abe Mazur.
(b) Christian Ozera.
(c) Eric Dragomir.
(d) Blake Lazar.
12. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
13. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
(a) She is accused of selling illegal goods.
(b) She is accused of murdering the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(c) She is accused of threatening the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(d) She is accused of stealing Archemist documents.
14. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
15. In chapter 11, why does Sydney trade cars with Raymond?
(a) To travel over back roads.
(b) To give the Keepers the chance to use a more modern car.
(c) Because her car is low on fuel.
(d) To avoid cops who might have a description of her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
2. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
3. In chapter 15, for what reason does Christian give Lissa for them nominating her for queen?
4. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
5. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri focus on to remind himself of the beauty in life?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)