|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
2. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
3. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
(a) Moving her from New Orleans to Pennsylvania.
(b) Getting her out of Russia.
(c) Helping her father out of jail.
(d) Procuring an important medication for her brother.
4. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
(a) Her records were destroyed when she turned Strigoi.
(b) She has too large a family.
(c) They have no access to Moroi records.
(d) She has no family.
5. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
6. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Flashy cars.
(b) Sports cars.
(d) Common cars.
7. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) His love for her.
(b) His promise to Abe.
(c) He is being paid to protect her.
(d) A promise made to Lissa.
8. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
(a) She is accused of threatening the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(b) She is accused of murdering the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(c) She is accused of stealing Archemist documents.
(d) She is accused of selling illegal goods.
9. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
(a) To reduce the chances of other Strigoi coming to her aid.
(b) To ensure she will be home.
(c) For surprise and to limit her ability to allude them.
(d) It will be easier to find the house.
10. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) They have been dishonored.
(b) They are not royals.
(c) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
(d) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
11. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The palace.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The funeral home.
(d) The hospital.
12. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
(a) As though he should have done something to stop it.
(b) As though the healing is a gift that cannot be wasted.
(c) As though he should have been the one to do it.
(d) As though he was dreaming.
13. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
(a) The name on the mailbox.
(b) The yellow color.
(c) The car parked out front.
(d) The gardens in the front and back yards.
14. In chapter 14, who is last to nominate Lissa as a queen candidate?
(a) Abe Mazur.
(b) Christian Ozera.
(c) Tasha Ozera.
(d) Adrian Ivashkov,
15. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
2. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
3. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
4. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
5. In chapter 13, for what reason does Rose give for Dimitri's disapproval of her showing Joshua attention?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)