|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 17, what does Lissa discover the items her clues on the map led her to during her first monarch test were meant to be used for?
(a) To lead her to safety.
(b) To provide first aid.
(c) To help her solve a larger riddle.
(d) To build shelter and a fire.
2. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
(a) In her rooms.
(b) Looking for evidence to clear Rose.
(c) Talking to Ambrose, Tatiana's lover.
(d) Waiting to be interviewed by guardians regarding Rose's escape.
3. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Flashy cars.
(b) Common cars.
(c) Sports cars.
4. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Lissa Dragomir.
(b) Abe Mazur.
(c) Eddie Castile.
(d) Dimitri Belikov.
5. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
(b) She does not want him to be alone.
(c) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(d) She does not trust him.
6. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) Twenty Years After.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
7. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
(a) Back to Court.
(b) To Siberia to live with his family.
(c) Back to St. Vlad's.
(d) To Las Vegas to hide out with Robert Doru.
8. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) Lissa asked him to.
(b) She helped find the information to heal him.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) She was his student.
9. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
(a) Her family has been removed from power.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too inexperienced.
(d) She has no family to give her a vote on the Council, therefore the right to be elected.
10. In chapter 13, what does Ambrose think is the most likely motive for Tatiana's murder?
11. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
(a) He wants her to become his adopted sister.
(b) A marriage.
(c) Only a date.
12. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) A group of human hillbillies.
(b) Vampires everywhere.
(c) An Alchemist commune.
(d) A human commune.
13. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
(a) Greek gods.
(b) A former Moroi queen and king.
(c) Roman gods.
(d) The current queen and king.
14. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
(b) To lift his mood.
(c) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
(d) To limit his ability to use spirit.
15. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(b) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
(c) He wants to help Lissa.
(d) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
2. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
3. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
4. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
5. Who is Alberta?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)