|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 17, what does Lissa see out in the forest while she waits for her first monarch test to end?
(a) The other candidates.
(b) Hidden cameras.
(d) A wild boar.
2. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
(a) She is accused of threatening the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(b) She is accused of murdering the Moroi queen, Tatiana.
(c) She is accused of selling illegal goods.
(d) She is accused of stealing Archemist documents.
3. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
(c) Visiting her mental bond with Lissa Dragomir.
(d) Writing and working on defense movements.
4. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
(a) Blake Lazar.
(b) Christian Ozera.
(c) Eric Dragomir.
(d) Abe Mazur.
5. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
6. In chapter 15, what does Dimitri focus on to remind himself of the beauty in life?
(a) Rose's hair.
(b) Rose's face.
(c) Rose's skin.
(d) Rose's jewelry.
7. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
8. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To tease him.
(b) To get help finding her.
(c) To shock him.
(d) To see how much he already knows about her.
9. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
10. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
(b) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
(c) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(d) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
11. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
12. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
(a) Live for love.
(b) Be cautious.
(c) Live in the now.
(d) Look to the future.
13. In chapter 18, who wants to interrogate Sonya Karp the moment she begins to recover from her staking?
14. In chapter 16, how do Rose and Dimitri secure Sonya Karp so that her Strigoi strength does not allow her to break free and attack them?
(a) A chain.
15. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
(a) As though the healing is a gift that cannot be wasted.
(b) As though he should have been the one to do it.
(c) As though he was dreaming.
(d) As though he should have done something to stop it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
2. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
3. In chapter 3, where does Lissa say Adrian is?
4. In chapter 5, what does Dimitri insist Rose must do when he realizes they are being followed?
5. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)