|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
(a) As though he was dreaming.
(b) As though the healing is a gift that cannot be wasted.
(c) As though he should have done something to stop it.
(d) As though he should have been the one to do it.
2. In chapter 2, who is with Lissa when Rose visits Lissa through their mental bond, apparently drunk?
3. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
(d) Crude cabins.
4. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
(b) With strict laws.
(c) By compulsion.
(d) With special incentives.
5. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Abe Mazur.
(b) Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Eddie Castile.
(d) Dimitri Belikov.
6. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) His love for her.
(b) He is being paid to protect her.
(c) A promise made to Lissa.
(d) His promise to Abe.
7. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(b) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
(c) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
(d) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
8. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
(a) Nothing, they are not real.
(b) The real thing.
(c) Like moving through water.
(d) Like running in sand.
9. In chapter 18, how does Sonya begin to break free from her restraints?
(a) She bucks up against the chain and breaks it.
(b) She uses her fangs to chew at the restraints.
(c) She twists the handcuffs with her super strength.
(d) She uses a knife she has hidden to cut the rope.
10. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Eddie and Mikhail.
(b) Mikhail and Meredith.
(c) Meredith and Serena.
(d) Janine and Eddie.
11. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
12. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
(a) She is more frightened than she ought to be.
(b) She seems to think she was the target.
(c) She is amuzed by the spectacle and the injuries of those around her.
(d) She does not seem surprised.
13. In chapter 13, for what reason does Rose give for Dimitri's disapproval of her showing Joshua attention?
(a) He is afraid it will interfere with their attempts to find Lissa's sibling.
(b) He thinks she is cheating on Adrian.
(c) He thinks she is encouraging Joshua's affections.
(d) He is jealous.
14. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
(b) Only Council members.
(c) Only royal Moroi.
(d) Only dhampirs.
15. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
(a) She is too soft and prim.
(b) She is too short.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She does not have the right kind of stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
2. In chapter 18, who suddenly stakes Sonya Karp?
3. In chapter 9, what word does the Keeper leader use to refer to Sydney and her Alchemist tattoo?
4. In chapter 16, what helps Rose identify Sonya Karp's house?
5. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)