|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Eddie Castile.
(b) Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Abe Mazur.
(d) Dimitri Belikov.
2. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
(a) Her irritation at being pulled from Lissa's mind.
(b) A migraine from her head wound.
(c) The darkness of spirit she has taken from Lissa over their bond.
(d) Her dislike for Sydney in general.
3. In chapter 2, what is Lissa doing when Rose visits the mental bond?
(a) Looking for clues to the identity of the real killer.
(b) Dress shopping.
(c) Interviewing lawyers.
(d) Fighting to get Dimitri freed.
4. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
(d) West Virginia.
5. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
(a) To see what would happen.
(b) Just for the satisfaction of it.
(c) She is annoyed he has invaded her dreams and for escaping her custody in Vegas.
(d) She is angry with him for hurting Lissa.
6. In chapter 2, who comes to Dimitri's defense in a discussion about his future?
7. In chapter 6, what does Rose say to the hotel clerk as she races out of the motel seconds in front of Dimitri?
(a) A man is chasing her.
(b) A man is trying to kill her.
(c) A man is stalking her.
(d) A man attacked her in her room.
8. In chapter 18, how does Sonya begin to break free from her restraints?
(a) She twists the handcuffs with her super strength.
(b) She uses her fangs to chew at the restraints.
(c) She uses a knife she has hidden to cut the rope.
(d) She bucks up against the chain and breaks it.
9. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
(a) A busy highway.
(b) The road to town.
(c) A crowded train station.
(d) The woods.
10. In chapter 4, who is waiting with a car for Rose and Dimitri to escape the Court compound?
11. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
(b) To limit his ability to use spirit.
(c) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
(d) To lift his mood.
12. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She hesitates, but accepts.
(b) She walks away without an answer.
(c) She turns it down.
(d) She quickly accepts.
13. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
(a) The homemade furniture.
(b) The architecture.
(c) The wall decorations.
(d) The quilts.
14. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
(a) Lost glasses.
(b) A tazer.
(c) A car alarm.
(d) A broken wrist.
15. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
(a) The head.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The chest.
(d) The leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
2. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
3. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
4. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
5. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)