|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 15, who becomes angry with Adrian for nominating Lissa as a queen candidate?
2. In chapter 5, where does Rose briefly think Dimitri would be better off going?
(a) Back to Court.
(b) Back to St. Vlad's.
(c) To Siberia to live with his family.
(d) To Las Vegas to hide out with Robert Doru.
3. In chapter 12, what kind of relationship does Joshua want with Rose?
(a) Only a date.
(b) A marriage.
(c) He wants her to become his adopted sister.
4. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) A promise made to Lissa.
(b) His promise to Abe.
(c) He is being paid to protect her.
(d) His love for her.
5. In chapter 13, why does Rose make Sydney go with Dimitri to phone his Strigoi connections?
(a) She does not want him to be alone.
(b) She is afraid he will do something stupid.
(c) She does not trust him.
(d) She is concerned a Strigoi might show up.
6. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(b) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(c) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(d) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
7. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
(a) Tatiana was an Ivashkov and the same family cannot rule back to back.
(b) They do not have a member old enough to qualify.
(c) They have been dishonored.
(d) They are not royals.
8. In chapter 16, for what reason does Dimitri decide they should wait until daylight to approach Sonya Karp's house?
(a) It will be easier to find the house.
(b) To reduce the chances of other Strigoi coming to her aid.
(c) To ensure she will be home.
(d) For surprise and to limit her ability to allude them.
9. In chapter 10, why does Rose try to hit Victor?
(a) To see what would happen.
(b) She is angry with him for hurting Lissa.
(c) Just for the satisfaction of it.
(d) She is annoyed he has invaded her dreams and for escaping her custody in Vegas.
10. In chapter 9, what does Rose find unusual about Raymond's wife?
(a) She is Strigoi.
(b) She is much older than him.
(c) She is human.
(d) She is much younger than him.
11. In chapter 9, what does Rose find in Raymond's house that is similar to something she often saw in Russia?
(a) The homemade furniture.
(b) The wall decorations.
(c) The quilts.
(d) The architecture.
12. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
(a) Whether or not the elections should take place before Rose is found.
(b) Whether or not Lissa is old enough to be a queen candidate.
(c) Whether or not an Ivashkov has the right to nominate a candidate for the monarchy.
(d) Whether or not she can legally run for the monarchy.
13. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
(a) A psychic's predictions.
(b) Dimitri's dim predictions of the future.
(c) Her own assumptions about her future.
(d) A previous tarot card reading.
14. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
(a) She is too short.
(b) She is too soft and prim.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She does not have the right kind of stake.
15. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
(a) A migraine from her head wound.
(b) The darkness of spirit she has taken from Lissa over their bond.
(c) Her irritation at being pulled from Lissa's mind.
(d) Her dislike for Sydney in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 5, what complicates Rose's fight with a guardian in a mall parking lot?
2. In chapter 2, for what reason has Dimitri been placed under house arrest once again?
3. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
4. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
5. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)