|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
(a) To not worry whether or not spirit is driving him insane.
(b) To lift his mood.
(c) To limit his ability to use spirit.
(d) To keep the anger associated with spirit under control.
2. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
(a) Dimitri's dim predictions of the future.
(b) A previous tarot card reading.
(c) A psychic's predictions.
(d) Her own assumptions about her future.
3. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
(a) Keep Victor Dashkov from finding her.
(b) Protect her from the investigation into Rose's escape.
(c) Find her illegitimate sibling.
(d) Nominate her for queen.
4. In chapter 16, what does Rose say her motto for life is?
(a) Look to the future.
(b) Live in the now.
(c) Live for love.
(d) Be cautious.
5. In chapter 14, who attends the nominations for the monarch candidates?
(b) Only royal Moroi.
(c) Only Council members.
(d) Only dhampirs.
6. In chapter 15, what debate rages after Lissa's nomination?
(a) Whether or not an Ivashkov has the right to nominate a candidate for the monarchy.
(b) Whether or not Lissa is old enough to be a queen candidate.
(c) Whether or not she can legally run for the monarchy.
(d) Whether or not the elections should take place before Rose is found.
7. In chapter 5, what type of cars does Dimitri continuously choose for their getaways?
(a) Flashy cars.
(b) Common cars.
(c) Sports cars.
8. In chapter 18, who fights Dimitri when he begins to release Sonya from her restraints?
9. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The palace.
(d) The funeral home.
10. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
(a) Eddie and Mikhail.
(b) Meredith and Serena.
(c) Mikhail and Meredith.
(d) Janine and Eddie.
11. In chapter 12, for what reason does Sydney say it would be impossible to figure out who put Sonya Karp on a bank account as the next of kin?
(a) She has no family.
(b) Her records were destroyed when she turned Strigoi.
(c) She has too large a family.
(d) They have no access to Moroi records.
12. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
(a) She does not seem surprised.
(b) She seems to think she was the target.
(c) She is amuzed by the spectacle and the injuries of those around her.
(d) She is more frightened than she ought to be.
13. In chapter 8, what does Rose see in the darkness when Sydney leads her from a rural parking lot to a camp site?
(a) A human commune.
(b) Vampires everywhere.
(c) A group of human hillbillies.
(d) An Alchemist commune.
14. In chapter 10, why does Rose tell Victor about Lissa's illegitimate sibling?
(a) To shock him.
(b) To get help finding her.
(c) To tease him.
(d) To see how much he already knows about her.
15. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
(a) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
2. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
3. In chapter 8, at whose house is Lissa when Rose checks in with her?
4. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
5. In chapter 18, how does Dimitri feel after witnessing Sonya's staking?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)