|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, for what reason does Rose give for Dimitri's disapproval of her showing Joshua attention?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He thinks she is cheating on Adrian.
(c) He is afraid it will interfere with their attempts to find Lissa's sibling.
(d) He thinks she is encouraging Joshua's affections.
2. In chapter 14, what do the Moroi laws state about a person's eligibility to be nominated as a monarch candidate?
(a) That they have a monarch in their family history.
(b) That they be of royal blood.
(c) That they have three family members to nominate them.
(d) That they have three Moroi royal nominations.
3. In chapter 7, why does Lissa claim to believe that Rose really is Tatiana's killer?
(a) To protect her reputation at the Royal Court.
(b) Because she really believes it.
(c) To protect herself from being implicated in Rose's escape.
(d) To throw investigators off track.
4. In chapter 16, where does Rose stab Sonya Karp to give Dimitri the distraction he needs to subdue her?
(a) The chest.
(b) The leg.
(c) The head.
(d) The shoulder.
5. In chapter 11, what do the Keepers call Rose's battle mark?
(a) Lily mark.
6. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too soft and prim.
(c) She is too short.
(d) She does not have the right kind of stake.
7. Who is Alberta?
(a) The head of guardians at St. Vladimir's Academy.
(b) The head of the Moroi police force.
(c) The head of the royal guardians.
(d) The head of guardians at the Royal Court.
8. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
(b) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(c) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
(d) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
9. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) His love for her.
(b) A promise made to Lissa.
(c) His promise to Abe.
(d) He is being paid to protect her.
10. In chapter 7, what motive does Lissa assign to Dimitri for helping Rose escape jail?
(a) She was his student.
(b) Lissa asked him to.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) She helped find the information to heal him.
11. Who is Joshua?
(a) Raymond's son.
(b) Raymond's grandson.
(c) Raymond's nephew.
(d) Raymond's cousin.
12. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) Twenty Years After.
(b) The Three Musketeers.
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(d) The Count of Monte Cristo.
13. In chapter 9, what word do the Keepers use to refer to the modern Moroi society?
14. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
15. In chapter 11, what does Rose read that makes Mitchell, South Dakota one of the top hundred places to visit in the world?
(a) The Cadillac Ranch.
(b) The Corn Palace.
(c) The worlds largest ball of rubber bands.
(d) The world's largest ball of string.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor say Lissa cannot currently be elected queen?
2. In chapter 16, what reason does Adrian give Rose for why he often drinks?
3. In chapter 9, in what type of dwellings do many of the Keepers live in?
4. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
5. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)