|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 13, why does Adrian accuse Ambrose of already courting a new lover?
(a) He sees him with a beautiful Moroi client.
(b) He thinks lowly of Ambrose because he chose not to become a guardian.
(c) He knows Ambrose has a reputation as a womanizer.
(d) He thinks Ambrose killed Tatiana to be free to date again.
2. In chapter 4, how is Lissa's reaction to the explosion not what Rose might have expected?
(a) She is more frightened than she ought to be.
(b) She does not seem surprised.
(c) She is amuzed by the spectacle and the injuries of those around her.
(d) She seems to think she was the target.
3. In chapter 7, where is Lissa when Rose visits their mental bond?
(a) In her rooms.
(b) Looking for evidence to clear Rose.
(c) Talking to Ambrose, Tatiana's lover.
(d) Waiting to be interviewed by guardians regarding Rose's escape.
4. In chapter 11, what kind of clothing does Rose wear in her dream with Adrian?
(a) A bikini and sarong.
(b) Jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) A nice dress.
(d) A bathrobe.
5. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She hesitates, but accepts.
(b) She turns it down.
(c) She walks away without an answer.
(d) She quickly accepts.
6. In chapter 8, what does Rose tell Dimitri and Sydney they must do for Lissa?
(a) Nominate her for queen.
(b) Keep Victor Dashkov from finding her.
(c) Find her illegitimate sibling.
(d) Protect her from the investigation into Rose's escape.
7. How does Tatiana's note to Rose claim that some Moroi wanted to force all dhampirs into service as guardians?
(a) With special incentives.
(b) By compulsion.
(c) By sterilizing all the dhampir women.
(d) With strict laws.
8. In chapter 7, what path does Rose choose to take in order to lose Dimitri outside the hotel?
(a) The road to town.
(b) A crowded train station.
(c) The woods.
(d) A busy highway.
9. In chapter 5, what does Dimitri insist Rose must do when he realizes they are being followed?
(a) Go off on her own.
(b) Return to Court.
(c) Give herself up.
(d) Follow his lead without question.
10. In chapter 13, who does Ambrose say Tatiana was also sharing her bed with besides him?
(a) Eric Dragomir.
(b) Abe Mazur.
(c) Christian Ozera.
(d) Blake Lazar.
11. In chapter 12, why does Angeline attack Rose?
(a) To fulfill a tradition of Keepers, to prove Rose is a worthy mate for her brother.
(b) Out of jealousy over Joshua.
(c) Out of jealousy over Dimitri.
(d) To prove Rose is not a Strigoi killer.
12. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person limited.
13. In chapter 14, which of the candidates does Rose favor the most?
(a) Tasha Ozera.
(b) Ariana Szelsky.
(c) Rufus Tarus.
(d) Ronald Ozera.
14. In chapter 12, in what language does Dimitri speak when he makes a call to attempt to find Sonya Karp's location?
15. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
(a) Visiting her mental bond with Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Writing and working on defense movements.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
2. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
3. In chapter 6, to where does Sydney tell Rose they are going?
4. In chapter 17, what causes Rose to snap at Sydney when Sydney comes to tell her of Victor and Robert's arrival?
5. In chapter 14, why can a member of the Ivashkov family not be nominated for the monarchy?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)