|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 8, why is Sydney angry that Rose ruined their carefully laid plans?
(a) She was tired and wanted to sleep.
(b) She does not want to get in trouble with the Alchemists or Abe.
(c) She hates spontaneous acts.
(d) She has no idea where they can go next.
2. Who comes to visit Rose in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Eddie Castile.
(b) Lissa Dragomir.
(c) Dimitri Belikov.
(d) Abe Mazur.
3. In chapter 14, how does Lissa respond when asked if she will accept the nomination?
(a) She quickly accepts.
(b) She hesitates, but accepts.
(c) She walks away without an answer.
(d) She turns it down.
4. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
(a) The statues.
(b) The palace.
(c) The church.
(d) The garden.
5. In chapter 5, why does Dimitri tell Rose that Lissa purposely blocked the mental bond to keep Rose from learning of the escape plan?
(a) To keep Rose from refusing to go.
(b) To keep Rose from giving it away to her guards.
(c) To keep Rose from coming up with an alternative plan.
(d) To keep Rose from trying to take control.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
2. In chapter 2, why is Rose awakened by the bond between she and Lissa?
3. How does Rose often spend her time while in jail?
4. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
5. In chapter 3, who approaches Lissa before the funeral to ask about Adrian?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)