|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 10, what reason does Victor give for wanting to help Rose?
(a) He wants to help Lissa.
(b) He hopes by clearing her name, she will return the favor and help clear his name.
(c) He wants to make up for their past disagreements.
(d) He has an interest in Moroi politics.
2. In chapter 6, for what reason does Dimitri tell Rose he cannot let her out of his sight?
(a) His promise to Abe.
(b) His love for her.
(c) He is being paid to protect her.
(d) A promise made to Lissa.
3. In chapter 4, what explodes as the funeral procession finally reaches the church?
(a) The statues.
(b) The church.
(c) The garden.
(d) The palace.
4. In chapter 8, what does Joe the janitor say is noteworthy about the appearance of the man who bribed him to fudge the time in which Rose arrived at her rooms the night of Tatiana's murder?
(a) He dressed in flashy clothing.
(b) He was bald.
(c) He had a scar on his face.
(d) There was something odd about his hand.
5. In chapter 6, how does Rose distract Dimitri long enough to escape their room?
(a) She breaks his nose.
(b) She stabs him in the chest.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She knocks him unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 4, which guardians come into the cell block and release Rose from her cell?
2. In chapter 10, what do physical things in spirit dreams feel like?
3. In chapter 5, how does Dimitri say he knows Rose ran into trouble in the mall without asking about it?
4. In chapter 6, what favor did Abe do for Sydney that Sydney now owes him for?
5. What is the point of view in the majority of this novel?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)