|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Rose's visitor bring to her?
(a) The Three Musketeers.
(b) The Count of Monte Cristo.
(c) The Man in the Iron Mask.
(d) Twenty Years After.
2. In chapter 10, how does Rose think Lissa will react to the idea of being nominated for queen?
(a) She will not like it.
(b) She will be disappointed that she cannot actually be queen.
(c) She will love it.
(d) She will enjoy the attention, but be relieved she cannot actually be queen.
3. In chapter 6, why does Rose not want to stay where Abe has arranged for her to wait out the duration until her friends can find out the identity of Tatiana's real killer?
(a) She wants to find Lissa's sister.
(b) She wants to help with the investigation.
(c) She does not like the motel.
(d) She does not trust Dimitri.
4. In chapter 9, for what reason does Angeline say she does not believe Rose can be a great Strigoi killer?
(a) She is too soft and prim.
(b) She is too short.
(c) She does not have the right kind of stake.
(d) She is too young.
5. In chapter 4, why does Rose try to stop Dimitri from fleeing the Court compound with her?
(a) To satisfy Adrian's jealousy.
(b) To protect him from further discrimination due to his previous Strigoi status.
(c) To keep him from danger.
(d) Out of fear of his violent tendencies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 3, who do the two statues in the garden of the church represent?
2. In chapter 2, what does Rose realize is becoming a reality despite her skepticism?
3. In chapter 3, from where is Tatiana's casket to be carried to the church?
4. In chapter 5, what does Dimitri insist Rose must do when he realizes they are being followed?
5. Why is Rose in jail as the first chapter opens?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)