Chapters 1 and 2
* Rose is in jail, falsely accused of killing Tatiana.
* Rose learns that her trial will take place in two weeks and she will more than likely be executed.
* Rose has a note from Tatiana that claims Lissa has an illegitimate sibling. Rose wonders if the note is real.
* Rose opens herself up to spirits and calls to Tatiana.
* Tatiana appears to confirm that she wrote the note.
Chapters 3 and 4
* Lissa somehow blocks Rose out of their mental bond, keeping Rose from seeing through Lissa's eyes.
* The next day, the bond is open and Rose begins to watch Tatiana's funeral through Lissa's eyes.
* Rose sees a couple of statues explode in the church courtyard and is surprised that Lissa does not appear surprised.
* As chaos reigns outside, Rose becomes aware that many of her guards have left the cell block.
* Eddie and Mikhail come into the cell...
This section contains 2,153 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)