|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vince stop the car next to?
2. What does Lenny eat at the pub?
3. Who do the friends joke with the barmaid about?
4. Who does Ray have to grab onto for support?
5. How did Amy used to travel to see June?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Amy meet Jack?
2. Why did Vince feel uncomfortable about seeing Jack's body?
3. Why does the situation in the pub in Rochester feel surreal?
4. What is the weather like as the men approach the pier?
5. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
6. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
7. What does Vince do at Wick's farm?
8. Why did Vince think changes were happening in the sixties?
9. What problems has Lenny had with his daughter Sally?
10. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s? How does Swift express these concerns?
2) How would Swift have to change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)