|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vince say it looked like they wrapped Jack's body in?
2. Where was Vince living when Mandy met him?
3. Who was Vince's hero when he was a child?
4. What town does Vince stop the car in?
5. Who did Amy love to watch camping out in the nearby fields?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack ask Ray to do for him?
2. How did Mandy meet Vince?
3. How does Lenny react when Vince starts to unscrew Jack's jar?
4. What does Vince say they are looking for?
5. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
6. What does Vince do at Wick's farm?
7. How does Lenny react when Vince leaves behind Jack's remains?
8. What photograph does Vince think about?
9. How did Vince feel about giving money to Jack?
10. What does Vince regret doing to his daughter Kathy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character examine the way Swift uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)