|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ray ask Amy to accompany him to?
2. Why did Jack want to buy Ray's camper van?
3. Who is suspicious of Vince?
4. What does Lenny berate Vince for doing?
5. Who do the friends joke with the barmaid about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the situation in the pub in Rochester feel surreal?
2. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
3. What does Vince do at Wick's farm?
4. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
5. How does Lenny react when Vince leaves behind Jack's remains?
6. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
7. Why did Ray refuse to sell Jack his camper van?
8. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
9. What does Vic remember about the funeral at Fairfax Park Hospital?
10. How did Amy meet Jack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Vince's adoption affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)