|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ray go to the bathroom?
2. What does Vince presume would happen to the money he gave Jack?
3. Why did Jack want to buy Ray's camper van?
4. Who did Jack tell Amy to forget about on the pier?
5. Which two characters are badly mud stained?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1980s? How does Swift express these concerns?
2) How would Swift have to change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)