|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Vic see strolling with Amy?
2. What does Vince smoke?
3. Where did Jack and Amy go for their honeymoon
4. Who did Amy love to watch camping out in the nearby fields?
5. Which two characters are angry at each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
2. Why did Amy decide not to tell Jack about her affair with Ray?
3. How does Ray think insurance works?
4. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
5. What photograph does Vince think about?
6. How does Lenny react when Vince starts to unscrew Jack's jar?
7. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
8. What does Vince say they are looking for?
9. How does Vince respond when Lenny punches him?
10. How do the friends spread Jack's ashes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Swift's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does he identify with any of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Swift use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)