|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does the story take place in?
2. What did Vince think of the money he gave Jack as?
3. What killed Vince's parents?
4. Who opens Jack's jar?
5. Who does Amy decide not to mention to Jack on his death bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jack ask Ray to do for him?
2. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
3. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
4. How did Vince feel about giving money to Jack?
5. Why does the situation in the pub in Rochester feel surreal?
6. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
7. What does Vince say they are looking for?
8. How does Vince respond when Lenny punches him?
9. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
10. What photograph does Vince think about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vince's adoption affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American and British culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) How have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)