|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the friends joke with the barmaid about?
2. Where did Ray and Amy have sex?
3. What does Ray think the Mercedes really is?
4. What is the name of Jack's nurse?
5. What does Vince use to scrape mud from his shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vince respond when Lenny punches him?
2. What is the weather like as the men approach the pier?
3. What does Vince regret doing to his daughter Kathy?
4. Why does Ray think insurance is similar to gambling?
5. Why did Amy decide not to tell Jack about her affair with Ray?
6. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
7. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
8. What photograph does Vince think about?
9. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
10. How do the friends spread Jack's ashes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American and British culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) How have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Ray's divorce affected one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life.
3) Intimate relationships.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)