|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds Jack's remains as they walk to the Cathedral?
2. What are the last words that Ray speaks?
3. Which two characters are badly mud stained?
4. Why does Vince say he detested the surgeon?
5. Where does Ray tell Amy he met her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
2. How does Vince respond when Lenny punches him?
3. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
4. What does Vince do at Wick's farm?
5. How does Ray think insurance works?
6. How did Vince feel about giving money to Jack?
7. Why is Lenny happy that he finally stood up to Vince?
8. How did Mandy meet Vince?
9. What does Vic remember about the funeral at Fairfax Park Hospital?
10. Why did Amy decide not to tell Jack about her affair with Ray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline Jack's influence on his or her life:
Essay Topic 3
Swift writes Last Orders in the first person and from different points of view. Why do you think Swift chose to write the story in the first person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if Swift wrote it in the third person?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)