Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ray go to the bathroom?
2. What does Vince presume would happen to the money he gave Jack?
3. Why did Jack want to buy Ray's camper van?
4. Who did Jack tell Amy to forget about on the pier?
5. Which two characters are badly mud stained?
Essay Topic 1
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the novel's dialogue. How does Swift's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American and British culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) How have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)