|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ray have to grab onto for support?
2. What did Vince want to set up at Vince's scrap yard?
3. What did Vince think of the money he gave Jack as?
4. What does Vic want to visit?
5. What town does Vince stop the car in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Amy say she hates Jack?
2. Why did Vince think changes were happening in the sixties?
3. How does Ray think insurance works?
4. How did Amy meet Jack?
5. Why did Vince feel uncomfortable about seeing Jack's body?
6. Why does Ray think insurance is similar to gambling?
7. How do the friends spread Jack's ashes?
8. How did Mandy meet Vince?
9. Why did Ray refuse to sell Jack his camper van?
10. Why did Amy decide not to tell Jack about her affair with Ray?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Swift use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)