|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the friends joke with the barmaid about?
2. What two characters have never seen Canterbury Cathedral?
3. Where did Ray ask Amy to accompany him to?
4. What was Mandy doing when Jack picked her up?
5. Who does Amy decide not to mention to Jack on his death bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vince feel uncomfortable about seeing Jack's body?
2. What does Vince say they are looking for?
3. How do the characters cope climbing up the hill?
4. What do the characters think about as they look at the war memorial?
5. How did Mandy meet Vince?
6. How did Amy meet Jack?
7. What does Vic remember about the funeral at Fairfax Park Hospital?
8. How does Lenny react when Vince starts to unscrew Jack's jar?
9. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
10. What did Vince think about when he heard that Jack was dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Swift is said to have used Faulkner's As I Lay Dying as his model for Last Orders. Compare As I Lay Dying to the novel. What comparisons can be drawn between Last Orders and the As I Lay Dying? Why did Swift choose Faulkner's book as his model for Last Orders?
Essay Topic 2
In 2001, Fred Schepisi directed a film version of Last Orders, starring Michael Caine. Why do you think the themes and ideas in the book were still relevant six years later? How did the filmmakers adapt the themes to fit in with the new environment? How did these changes affect the meaning of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)