|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters have never seen Canterbury Cathedral?
2. Who holds Jack's remains as they walk to the Cathedral?
3. Who did Vic have a crush on?
4. Who does Amy decide not to mention to Jack on his death bed?
5. Where did Jack and Amy go for their honeymoon
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lenny react when Vince leaves behind Jack's remains?
2. How did an affair start between Ray and Amy?
3. Why does Ray think insurance is similar to gambling?
4. What did Jack ask Ray to do for him?
5. What does Vic remember about the funeral at Fairfax Park Hospital?
6. What are the friends looking for in Chatham?
7. What does Vince do at Wick's farm?
8. What does Vince say they are looking for?
9. How did Vince feel about giving money to Jack?
10. Why does the situation in the pub in Rochester feel surreal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme.
2) Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Swift's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the book? Does he identify with any of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) It was people's ability to travel and not music that changed society in the sixties.
2) The working class characters are often too cliche to have any real impact on the reader.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)